New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

You guys post too much. Slow it down.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

These last couple weeks have been pretty slow actually.

NOW GET TO WORK ON THE ARCHIVE!!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    You know it wont get better with you posting too

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    It has really been a sow day actually, barely a page's worth of posts.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Didn't you read my comic? He can't leave the island for a decade...

I got an idea! I figured out a way so he can come (though the reason involves Silver but he will be on the island so no problem I guess) I'll makea comic at the start of episode two.
    Keveak, you're with the ALF. The heroes (except the albino)are with the UNA.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Well, that statement depends on which side you're on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I honestly don't think he care (besides this D-jump is only about a couple of months after FFF I don't think the resistance is created yet and even if it is, Keveak doesn't join it before fourteen years after FFF)

EDIT:

Both Moss and White are the mercenary kind to an extent and aren't sided with either (mostly because they don't know aything about Avbaroy politics, if they did they would likely sidse with the UNA though)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-07-23 at 11:00 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The comic explaining what Squark Iota did during those two and a half hours is up.

Drat. I forgot to properly discuss the celestial Megalodon (60 foot long Shark. They really existed!) that Squark summoned to get the Sovereign to fire its torpedoes.

Ah well.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Tajirans ships do not have energy shields, since they use technology, not magic. Their hulls are simply reinforced with borgonite (a super-hard material) and Sovice nanites who can repair damage.

And the Sovereign would never fire its torpedoes at a shark, especially since they have a limited supply and a shark could never harm their hull. But, still, I'll suspend my disbelief and say the commodore was very stressed...
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-23 at 12:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Actually, Tajirans ships do not have energy shields, since they use technology, not magic. Their hulls are simply reinforced with borgonite (a super-hard material) and Sovice nanites who can repair damage.

And the Sovereign would never fire its torpedoes at a shark, especially since they have a limited supply and a shark could never harm their hull. But, still, I'll suspend my disbelief and say the commodore was very stressed...
    They're up against a highly magical society. It's not beyond belief that the Alphanticans would summon a giant shark for defense.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Science fiction ABOUNDS with energy shields from technology, MM...

And, to be fair, a Sixty Foot long shark might be able to do some damage.

Especially considering it was a celestial Megalodon, so the smite evil on the sovice ship might do some damage, not that the commodore would no that.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Science fiction ABOUNDS with energy shields from technology, MM...

And, to be fair, a Sixty Foot long shark might be able to do some damage.

Especially considering it was a celestial Megalodon, so the smite evil on the sovice ship might do some damage, not that the commodore would no that.
    The ship itself is an inanimate object, Smite Evil wouldn't work.
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    They're up against a highly magical society. It's not beyond belief that the Alphanticans would summon a giant shark for defense.
    And how be able to attack the hull without breaking its teeth ?

A dummy or illusory submarine would have been a better choice, in my opinion.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The ship itself is an inanimate object, Smite Evil wouldn't work.
    I thought it was made of Sovice nanites...

Anyway..

Irregardless, 70 Metric tons of shark charging you will do damage even if it did break its teeth

EDIT: After a little more research on the subject, a megalodon's teeth were strong enough to cut through whale ribs without cracking, so they might do some actually do some damage.

For the record, bone, at least of the human variety, is, pound-for-pound, much stronger than concrete.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-23 at 12:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And how be able to attack the hull without breaking its teeth ?

A dummy or illusory submarine would have been a better choice, in my opinion.
    Umm....Magic....
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

For the record, in my mind, the weapon's officer only fired a single torpedo at the megalodon, since he probably decided one torpedo would probably be sufficient in driving most predators off (those torpedoes did lay waste to an entire fleet). What blew the sovereign up was that the torpedo tubes were close enough together that they set off a chain reaction when one of them exploded inside the tubes.

EDIT: Bite force of Megalodon: Over 40,000 pounds per square inch, or about 276 MegaPascals)
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-23 at 12:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought it was made of Sovice nanites...
    Sovices are soulless machines, they can't have an objective alignment.

Anyway..

Irregardless, 70 Metric tons of shark charging you will do damage even if it did break its teeth
    Still, a dummy/illusory submarine is more realistic. A shark isn't worth the loss of a torpedo.

Would you mind changing it ?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-23 at 12:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Still, a dummy/illusory submarine is more realistic. A shark isn't worth the loss of a torpedo.
    But does the Weapons Officer know that. Maybe he panicked.

Also, I thought only the Tarjians had submarines, so if another sub showed up on the sonar, why would he shoot at it?

Also, If these operate like most subs, and detect things with Sonar, an illusory sub wouldn't show up, because it doesn't actually make any noise.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-07-23 at 12:42 PM.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Would you mind changing it ?
    I think we're just going to have to disagree about the shark, here.

A 60-FOOT LONG shark with a bite force of about 2600 atm, charging at one of the transports, could probabl capsize one of them.

But does the Weapons Officer know that. Maybe he panicked.

Also, I thought only the Tarjians had submarines, so if another sub showed up on the sonar, why would he shoot at it?

Also, If these operate like most subs, and detect things with Sonar, an illusory sub wouldn't show up, because it doesn't actually make any noise.
    Doesn't have any substance for the sound to bounce off, you mean. But the point is valid.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-23 at 12:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Doesn't have any substance for the sound to bounce off, you mean. But the point is valid.
    Well that depends if they are using Passive or Active sonar. But it dosn't matter, because neither would pick it up.

And since the Tarjians are the only ones with subs, there is no reason for them not to use Active sonar.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Even ignoring the facts...

Rule of Cool. 60 Foot long charging shark= Sunken boat. Because its cool.

So yeah, I think a torpedo was warranted.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Also, Torpedos are only any good against water-based targets. The entire Alphantican navy just got Kablooied. The Only other navy above Wooden Ships tech level is the Schitzians, and they're nowhere around. What exactly are they conserving their torpedoes for if not to handle last-ditch efforts by the Alphanticans to take them down by, say, summoning giant sharks.

And if they were using Sonar, they probably couldn't tell exactly what it was anyway, it could be some summoned supernarwhal with an Adamite Horn that will drill through their ship and deposit a boarding party of elite Alphantican Duskblades.

Also, How's your Guest Comic coming along Mask. Just asking because there's a 20% Chance you have me.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to break the conversation at hand, I thought Shades of Gray would be happy to know that while my power went out for 6 hours yesterday I drew in Deb's tail at least on the original picture.

Also, I'm working on the idea that Katya has a different outfit every episode, because I'm lame like that and I thought one I drew recently at school looked cool.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-07-23 at 01:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, How's your Guest Comic coming along Mask. Just asking because there's a 20% Chance you have me.
    I reckon there's a greater than 20% chance. Onasuma said that he'd "fix it so someone cool does yours this time", and MM has pretty damn impressive art.

25. - Top - End - #595

How is she alive?

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Anyway...

I wonder were MM got off to.

Out of curiosity, do any of you guys play the Star Wars Roleplaying Game (specifically Saga Edition) If so, would anyone be interested in doing a Dawn of Defiance game with me (unfortunately, I've already read some of the adventures for times when I've tried to set up a game at home, so I'd need to be the GM. Which is a pity, because I really want to play this character I created a while ago)

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    How is she alive?
    How is Xavik alive? Come to think of it, how is Xarty alive? How are any of them alive?

Because of Plot.
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #598

Anyway...

I wonder were MM got off to.

Out of curiosity, do any of you guys play the Star Wars Roleplaying Game (specifically Saga Edition) If so, would anyone be interested in doing a Dawn of Defiance game with me (unfortunately, I've already read some of the adventures for times when I've tried to set up a game at home, so I'd need to be the GM. Which is a pity, because I really want to play this character I created a while ago)
    I think I have an adventure for the starwars game... I should find it. NOW

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Alternate title for TJH 1: Xarty and the Machinist Factory.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-07-23 at 03:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

How is Xavik alive? Come to think of it, how is Xarty alive? How are any of them alive?

Because of Plot.
    Xarty likely were protected against the spell (or it started a bit away from him like a bubble) And since we don't know much about the spell Xavik could have been thrown away instead of being vaporised.

Though I think both Falgorn and Crimson's character was unhurt enough to survive a lot more than that.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.