New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Gee, sure are a lot of unnecessary fights being picked in here.
    Spoiler
    Show

Besides, this is Avatar Battle Royale. They don't pay us to play nicely.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Heh. Is that Taskmaster I see fighting DP?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Heh. Is that Taskmaster I see fighting DP?
    Nope. It's Citizen V (for Victory, not Vendetta).

4. - Top - End - #694

Citizen V? As Baron-Zemo-Thunderbolts Citizen V?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

No, this Citizen V is John Watkins III, the actual grandson of the original Citizen V.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Besides, this is Avatar Battle Royale. They don't pay us to play nicely.
    They pay us?

@Gremlin: Keveak doesn't know that he'll fight the UNA in more than a decade in fact he doesn't know anything about the UNA but that it's a new and big nation-thingy, he's more like a converted person than a criminal,now Argonath on the other hand
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #697

Oh, I thought this might have been part of some kickass "Deadpool v. Thunderbolts" comic.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question: Does anyone have a picture of Nightwing when he isn't dead? I've found I can do simple images by copying and pasting parts of other pictures into a word formatting program.
    There is no spoon.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehh View Post
    Question: Does anyone have a picture of Nightwing when he isn't dead? I've found I can do simple images by copying and pasting parts of other pictures into a word formatting program.
    Get. Inkscape. You. Carp .

It's free, there's a link to a really good guide in my sig and it's a good program.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #700

*agrees with Kev*

I use Illustrator, but if I didn't have it, I'd use Inkscape.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can't. I'm on holiday in this place with rubbish computers with no proper graphics software whatsoever. And I can't download anything without the admin's password, which I don't know. And I'm making a nightwing random kill to get me formally accepted into the plot.
    There is no spoon.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    They pay us?
    No, I said they don't pay us.

Oh, I thought this might have been part of some kickass "Deadpool v. Thunderbolts" comic.
    Nah, it was a one/two comic cameo in Cable & Deadpool.

Question: Does anyone have a picture of Nightwing when he isn't dead?
    Spoiler
    Show

Pic is a link to an OotS style appearance in ABR.

It's not at all advisable to copy-paste other peoples artwork, by the way. They frequently get annoyed about it, and you won't improve as an artist yourself.
    Also, Nightwing kills are not mandatory. They're tradition, but it's not rigidly upheld.

I use Illustrator, but if I didn't have it, I'd use Inkscape.
    Question: Can you alter curves by clicking and dragging them, while the nodes/corners remain static? I had a chance to try Illustrator out on a PC at uni and couldn't see a way to, which bugged me as I'd gotten so used to it in Inkscape.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-07-25 at 02:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I can't. I'm on holiday in this place with rubbish computers with no proper graphics software whatsoever. And I can't download anything without the admin's password, which I don't know. And I'm making a nightwing random kill to get me formally accepted into the plot.
    You got it wrong, you are in a plot when you make a comic bringing your character into one, Nightwing kills are a tradition unrelated to plot because people think he was a spammer (oddly he would probably not be too bad now)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, TBH, I'm actually making a nightwing RK because I always wanted to set Nightwing on fire.
    And the only characters I'm copy pasting are my own and Nightwing.
    There is no spoon.

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Question: Can you alter curves by clicking and dragging them, while the nodes/corners remain static? I had a chance to try Illustrator out on a PC at uni and couldn't see a way to, which bugged me as I'd gotten so used to it in Inkscape.
    Yes, although my edition of Illustrator is out of date.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Banned

Just saw Half-Blood Prince.

Looks spectacular, feels flat.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Barbarian in the Playground

By not double posting your actually saving the environment.

This is because when you start a new thread that's one more thread on the forums, so the forums will begin to work slower and have more problems. This means you'll be spending more time on your computer trying to catch up on all the latest forum gossip, therfore wasting more electricity and turning the world into a ball of fire.

I know this argument sort of already finished but I just wanted to say that.
    Last edited by chriky; 2009-07-25 at 11:22 AM.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Just saw Half-Blood Prince.

Looks spectacular, feels flat.
    I thought about the same thing (I saw it last Friday)

I wonder why they removed Bill and Fleur? (big plothole if you know the 7th book)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Probably because of time constraints. They do that a lot.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-07-25 at 12:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Probably because of time constraints. They do that a lot.
    They added a scene not once mentioned in the book (when the death eaters set the Weasleys house on fire) and use that excuse
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Banned

They pay us?

@Gremlin: Keveak doesn't know that he'll fight the UNA in more than a decade in fact he doesn't know anything about the UNA but that it's a new and big nation-thingy, he's more like a converted person than a criminal,now Argonath on the other hand
    I know that Keveak wasn't actually supporting the UNA, but Nilmerg worked against the Home Team, he's going to be pretty unfriendly towards Kev.
    /\Grr, I hate that movie. I myself refuse to watch it. If you don't want to follow the book, change the names and titles. Much easier to enjoy it.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-07-25 at 02:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I know that Keveak wasn't actually supporting the UNA, but Nilmerg worked against the Home Team, he's going to be pretty unfriendly towards Kev.
    /\Grr, I hate that movie. I myself refuse to watch it. If you don't want to follow the book, change the names and titles. Much easier to enjoy it.
    This will be fun (I'm so making Keveak act like (he's not gonna fake it I just can't remember how to say it correctly) he doesn't know Gremlin hate him and even if he gets told it then be even worse with trying to figure out why and trying to make up for it with varying levels of success)

I thought I was the only one who thought like that, I mean they announced it would be closer to the original and yet made gigantic plot holes and skipped Voldemorts backstory, it's almost worse than Eragon!

EDIT:
    Wouldn't Keveak's department and Nilmerg's be rivals too? (both being research departments in a low on money organisation)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-07-25 at 04:01 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Banned

This will be fun (I'm so making Keveak act like (he's not gonna fake it I just can't remember how to say it correctly) he doesn't know Gremlin hate him and even if he gets told it then be even worse with trying to figure out why and trying to make up for it with varying levels of success)

I thought I was the only one who thought like that, I mean they announced it would be closer to the original and yet made gigantic plot holes and skipped Voldemorts backstory, it's almost worse than Eragon!

EDIT:
    Wouldn't Keveak's department and Nilmerg's be rivals too? (both being research departments in a low on money organization)
    Probably not. They're still on the same side, it's not like rival businesses. Does one soldier squad hate another?
    Also, they skipped Voldemort's backstory?
    ...there will be punishment.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Well the next book's going to be made into two movies. Maybe some of the bits cut will be featured in them?
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-07-25 at 04:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Banned

Who's Nilmerg?

I don't understand the conversation!

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Nilmerg! It's 'Gremlin' spelt backwards!

('Troll' 2 reference)
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-07-25 at 06:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Nilmerg! It's 'Gremlin' spelt backwards!

('Troll' 2 reference)
    Why are they mixing FI with TJH? ALF, UNA, Away Team, Home base?

I dont know whats going on!

(Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooood... (I love that movie))

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Why are they mixing FI with TJH? ALF, UNA, Away Team, Home base?

I dont know whats going on!

(Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooood... (I love that movie))
    All you need to know is this: Taco Night is Canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #719

It's okay, Xarty. If you don't understand, you just don't understand.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    All you need to know is this: Taco Night is Canceled.
    Whaaaaaat!?

I'm so confused! Understand! You've made me forget things I don't even know!