New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Shadesworth? Of course. I mean, he's coming on the adventure, right?
    Yes he's coming.

SPOILER
    Spoiler
    Show
    [feminine mannerisms]And he's going to look just adorable in a tux[/feminine mannersims]
    Last edited by X2; 2009-07-27 at 08:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Well it's going to be hard for me to draw the floor. I'll make the wall the same colour as in your comic, but the floor.

It's giving me a headache, yet I can't look away .
    In Inkscape, there are some textures that you could use for the carpet's colour. 'Cloth' and 'sand' might work.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Yes he's coming.

SPOILER
    Spoiler
    Show
    [feminine mannerisms]And he's going to look just adorable in a tux[/feminine mannersims]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadesworth probably wouldn't wear a tux. It would be hard to make a tux that could fit him, considering how big and muscular he is. Plus, there's his boxing glove box, which you would have to make some kind of accommodation for since he will refuse to take it off. Lastly, it would be very hard to get him to remove his armor and let his guard down.

However, rules of cool and funny will probably contradict all of this.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadesworth probably wouldn't wear a tux. It would be hard to make a tux that could fit him, considering how big and muscular he is. Plus, there's his boxing glove box, which you would have to make some kind of accommodation for since he will refuse to take it off. Lastly, it would be very hard to get him to remove his armor and let his guard down.

However, rules of cool and funny will probably contradict all of this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree. In the words of MST3k "Just repeat to yourself, 'it's just a show I should really just relax'". Only replace "show" with "collaborative stick figure web comic" and there you go.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

TJH. First page of chapter 2. Just to get Xartyve2 off my back.

Spoiler
    Show

You may wonder why the inside of the Home Base isn't....grey. That's because of my war on "realistic" grey and brown colour schemes. Plus, I would like to see a home base that looks like a nice place to live for once.
    This so contradicts everything that has been made about the Arnathi Shades' minions.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    This so contradicts everything that has been made about the Arnathi Shades' minions.
    I do not care. It was funny.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

...but does Grandma Shade know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #878
    Banned

Perhaps, but it's hilarious!

Oh! I found the very first mention of TJH...

It's basically a rip-off of Sliders and makes sure that those of us with awesome power can let loose due to the fact that none of us adhere to the Prime Directive.

I didn't want to publically release the story until I was sure I had at least five participants but, what the hey.

At the end of FFF Xartyve2 tries to get home, he hires an epic teleporter to help him out. But the location is nonexistant. An epic Diviner then tells him that not only is he displaced in location, not only is he displaced in time but he's in the wrong universe. As everyone know there are infinite dimensions so knowing what X2's is is impossible. So he takes a long shot and jumps through each one. Paralell dimensions galore, alternate Avabaroys and totally new worlds are discovered as X2 and some others jump from them looking for his universe.

It doesnt affect canon and lets us sandbox the whole deal. It's an all purpose plot.
    So many months ago...

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we moving on to chapter 2? Does that mean I can have Katya lounging in her room? Not sure what she might be doing.

In other news... Q that carpet is a sin.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Are we moving on to chapter 2? Does that mean I can have Katya lounging in her room? Not sure what she might be doing.

Waking up.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    ...but does Grandma Shade know that?
    She's his mother. Unless Shadesworth has children, which I very much doubt, I don't think that description works at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    And I'm one sinnin' dude.

But seriously, I'm sorry. I was trying to look for a texture in my texture bank that looks kinda like a hotel carpet, and at the time I thought that was the closest thing. I didn't think anybody would care.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 06:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Colossus in the Playground

...Who? What? How?
    Do yourself and Mad Mask a favor and ignore that comment.
    Completely.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Do yourself and Mad Mask a favor and ignore that comment.
    Completely.
    Okay.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Or... don't.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

15. - Top - End - #885
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Or... don't.
    No, seriously. Don't indulge MM's ironfisted setting controlling and railroading.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC, isn't TJH in an alternate universe? Maybe the Shades are different there. And even if it's not an AU, then he already contradicts the Arnathi Shades' minions by being self aware and good aligned.

She's his mother. Unless Shadesworth has children, which I very much doubt, I don't think that description works at all.
    But what about his brother, Shadeston, who got together with that nice Shadette girl? They could be settling down and raising a family, at which point Grandma Shade's description fits.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    IIRC, isn't TJH in an alternate universe? Maybe the Shades are different there. And even if it's not an AU, then he already contradicts the Arnathi Shades' minions by being self aware and good aligned.
    He comes from the normal universe, though. Evidence from an FFF comic I made with Shadesworth in it. And he wasn't always good-aligned.

And, I don't know what the heck Arnathi Shades is supposed to be, but is it a possbility that maybe...Our monsters our different? That we have the power to make our own details about the Shades without worrying that some jerk wrote a book about a similar monster that my comic contradicts?

I mean, unless Threeshades says that all of that is wrong, since he made the shades in the first place, then I don't really see any kind of problem.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 07:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    No, seriously. Don't indulge MM's ironfisted setting controlling and railroading.
    This is an abusive generalisation, and above all, offensive. I did not force Q do to anything, I simply said that his comic directly contradicted what Threeshades invented about her character's minions. And notice that whenever I apply my "ironfisted setting controlling and railroading" it's when things don't make sense or contradict something else ? Not when I disagree with it ? For example, note Squark blowing up the Sovereign. I disagreed with him, but I compromised. Also, note the God Origin Debate, if you were there. My opinion was that all gods were originally human, but I compromised and said that there are both humans ascended to godhood and gods created by the Overdeity.

So calm down and stop thinking I'm some sort of cartoon villain.

FAKE EDIT: Squark, sorry, but I forgot to post my FFF. I'll upload it now and then return to the Secret Project™.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

I did not force Q do to anything, I simply said that his comic directly contradicted what Threeshades invented about her character's minions.
    What, exactly, does it contradict? You said "everything" before, which doesn't help at all in moving towards a compromise in this case. Or we could come up with a reason why Shadesworth is different, but again, it'd help to know what aspects need to be identified as differing.

I'll upload it now and then return to the Secret Project™.
    You know, when you're keeping us in the dark about something, it'd be nice if you didn't keep bringing it up in normal discussion.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Barbarian in the Playground

So calm down and stop thinking I'm some sort of cartoon villain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

Also, I have a request: Is anyone willing to draw the Citadel and the Yamato battling ? You can do it in whatever way you want, as long as the Citadel manages to flee and the Yamato is capable of repairing itself to near full capacity...
    And that Q is sleeping on the side of the Citadel.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

What, exactly, does it contradict? You said "everything" before, which doesn't help at all in moving towards a compromise in this case. Or we could come up with a reason why Shadesworth is different, but again, it'd help to know what aspects need to be identified as differing.
    I was exaggerating, sorry.

Here's a list of things wrong with Q's portrayal of the Shades:

1. The minion Shades can't survive after the death of the Big Bad ones (not that important)
    2. They don't have any mother and can't reproduce, being spawned out of the Big Bad Shades (they aren't a species anymore than the serpentine demons that Threeshades summoned)
    3. They probably aren't self-aware and are made out of "pure evil", the oily substance found in the Abyss
    4. They weren't "bred" but created
    5. Thinking about things like shopping, shoes and eating is weird for such a creature (minor)
    6. Some other things I can't remember

If Shadesworth and Grandma Shades came out of another reality, I wouldn't actually mind, but as the spawn of the Avbaroyan Arnathi Shades, they contradict a lot of things about them.

You know, when you're keeping us in the dark about something, it'd be nice if you didn't keep bringing it up in normal discussion.
    It's just to tease you.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

1. The minion Shades can't survive after the death of the Big Bad ones (not that important)
    2. They don't have any mother and can't reproduce, being spawned out of the Big Bad Shades (they aren't a species anymore than the serpentine demons that Threeshades summoned)
    3. They probably aren't self-aware and are made out of "pure evil", the oily substance found in the Abyss
    5. Thinking about things like shopping, shoes and eating is weird for such a creature (minor)

If Shadesworth and Mother Shades came out of another reality, I wouldn't actually mind, but as the spawn of the Avbaroyan Arnathi Shades, they contradict a lot of things about them.
    That all makes sense. They aren't from another reality, though. And they do come from the Big Bad Shade.

I can explain how all of this totally makes sense and doesn't need to be changed in order to work out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BAH!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

It's just to tease you.
    That's generally considered "not nice", yo?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That all makes sense. They aren't from another reality, though. And they do come from the Big Bad Shade.

I can explain how all of this totally makes sense and doesn't need to be changed in order to work out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BAH!
    A stirring dissertation. Allow me to support it with a further thesis.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shadesworth's been in one chapter so far, and nobody's cared that his character contradicts things, so STFU
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #896
    Banned

This is an abusive generalisation, and above all, offensive. I did not force Q do to anything, I simply said that his comic directly contradicted what Threeshades invented about her character's minions. And notice that whenever I apply my "ironfisted setting controlling and railroading" it's when things don't make sense or contradict something else ? Not when I disagree with it ? For example, note Squark blowing up the Sovereign. I disagreed with him, but I compromised. Also, note the God Origin Debate, if you were there. My opinion was that all gods were originally human, but I compromised and said that there are both humans ascended to godhood and gods created by the Overdeity.
    Yeah, MM isn't really a railroader. He just made a new plot and was the most outspoken in what we should do with it. People should get off his case.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Bugbear in the Playground

If Shadesworth and Grandma Shades came out of another reality, I wouldn't actually mind, but as the spawn of the Avbaroyan Arnathi Shades, they contradict a lot of things about them.

It's just to tease you.
    Maybe some of them evolved. If it worked with pokemons, why not with shades?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anybody want to draw the Citadel fighting the Yamato ?

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Shadesworth's been in one chapter so far, and nobody's cared that his character contradicts things, so STFU
    I don't really mind Shadesworth, but Grandma Shade.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don't really mind Shadesworth, but Grandma Shade.
    If it makes you feel better, tell this to yourself
    Grandma Shade was a normal minion. She went a little crazy when the Shades died. Any oddities in her behavior are a mere delusion.
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

I'M WORKING ON IT!

I don't really mind Shadesworth, but Mother Shade.
    Yeah. But still, rule of funny?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 10:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show