New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post

I'M WORKING ON IT!
    Thank you, then.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

-["Grandma" to "mother" edit]-
    I repeat (which a couple of minor edits):
    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    But what about Shadesworth's brother, Shadeston, who got together with that nice Shadette girl? They could be settling down and raising a family, at which point Grandma Shade's gets to remain a "grandma".
    I think "grandma" implies a more "fussing-over" individual than "mother" does, which fits what we've seen of her so far, and I think it's open a few more doors for humour.

Also, I totally anticipated Q picking up Mask's request to draw the next comic. He often seems to try and get the plot moving.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Colossus in the Playground

Also, I totally anticipated Q picking up Mask's request to draw the next comic. He often seems to try and get the plot moving.
    trust me, i'd 1000x rather have him running the plot than MM. Q's a pretty cool guy (most of the time) and is infinitely more reasonable and less railroadey. (Infinitely, because anything x 0 = 0. )
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    trust me, i'd 1000x rather have him running the plot than MM. Q's a pretty cool guy (most of the time) and is infinitely more reasonable and less railroadey. (Infinitely, because anything x 0 = 0. )
    Trust me, you wouldn't want me to run the plot. If I was running it, and I was trying to set up for a dramatic, dark and edgy plot (I probably wouldn't, though. I'd try and start something fun and cartoony that everyone would have a fun time being a part of) I'd have the same complaints about the Randomizer's extreme overpower and would want him to die under a tractor for the plot's integrity.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Although Future Imperfect may seem so compared to FFF, I do not want it to be "darker and edgier", but "grey and ambiguous". The heroes do become darker and edgier (with exceptions), but the villains become lighter and softer (with exceptions).

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Although Future Imperfect may seem so compared to FFF, I do not want it to be "darker and edgier", but "grey and ambiguous". The heroes do become darker and edgier (with exceptions), but the villains become lighter and softer (with exceptions).
    But say, a silly character who is based on Snorlax from Pokemon who is working with the resistance in order to lose weight, is generally frowned upon.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

But say, a silly character who is based on Snorlax from Pokemon who is working with the resistance in order to lose weight, is generally frowned upon.
    Seriousness does not have anything to do with a setting being darker or lighter. Look at Warhammer 40k, for example: a very GRIMDARK! setting that is completely and intentionally silly.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Seriousness does not have anything to do with a setting being darker or lighter. Look at Warhammer 40k, for example: a very GRIMDARK! setting that is completely and intentionally silly.
    So, you're saying that you have no intention of making this a completely humourless plot? That was what I assumed based on early descriptions of FI.

That the jokes and stuff would be few and far between. That's what I heard. I don't remember who said that, though.

This is good!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ambiguous villains is a part of things being "Darker and Edgier".
    Classic heroic fiction is "Sir Goodguy vs Baron Eatspuppies". When things get Darker and Edgier, it generally is just moving away from that. Sir Goodguy's once shining armor now gets covered in blood, and Baron Eatspuppies turns out to be just doing what he feels necessary.

As for Q's character, I personally didn't like the idea, but mainly because it seemed completely silly. I mean, comic relief is great, but when you try to take a completely silly character and put them in a serious plot, you get Jar-Jar Binks.

Just imagine if Carrot Top jumped out and did a routine in the middle of Apocolypse Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    As for Q's character, I personally didn't like the idea, but mainly because it seemed completely silly. I mean, comic relief is great, but when you try to take a completely silly character and put them in a serious plot, you get Jar-Jar Binks.

Just imagine if Carrot Top jumped out and did a routine in the middle of Apocolypse Now.
    Yeah. I really realize now what a stupid character that was, but still. I have many silly ideas (less silly then he is, but still pretty silly I would guess), and I am relieved that I may be able to use them in FI.

Also, I liked Jar Jar Binks!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

So, you're saying that you have no intention of making this a completely humourless plot? That was what I assumed based on early descriptions of FI.

That the jokes and stuff would be few and far between. That's what I heard. I don't remember who said that, though.

This is good!
    Of course FI will have comic relief, jokes and all that jazz ! It's just that they won't be the main element of the setting and the characters.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-28 at 02:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You know, when you're keeping us in the dark about something, it'd be nice if you didn't keep bringing it up in normal discussion.
    I'm sorry, what were you saying? I can't hear you over how Secret my Secret Project is.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Kpenguin, could you please make a FFF comic with Kpenguin doing you know what ? Secret Project is well under my supervision now.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-28 at 03:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

My Secret Project is so much more Secret than yours. In fact, it's so Secret, even I don't know what it is!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #915

That makes me worried that you forgot your part of the secret project, Mecha.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I'm back. Glad to see that Q made the first Episode 2 comic, so now I don't have to work on it.

Anyway, what's all this Secret Project business? Can you guys at least give us a hint about what it is?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

17. - Top - End - #917

Its a project that we're working on... secretly.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

It's about ABR.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Colossus in the Playground

obviously not, because everyone is still alive.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

20. - Top - End - #920

Mad Mask and I are involved in it. Mecha is too, but it looks like he's forgotten that he was involved.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

I bet dollars to doughnuts it's about FI somehow. Or perhaps a title page for the next art thread.

Either way, somebody should get crackin' on that. I would, but my art sucks/ doesn't really represent traditional ABR art (A.K.A OOTS style).
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 03:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

.Or perhaps a title page for the next art thread.

Either way, somebody should get crackin' on that. I would, but my art sucks/ doesn't really represent traditional ABR art (A.K.A OOTS style).
    I was going to, but then I remembered what a pain the last one was. But then I thought it would be a good time to get all my templates up to date. And then I realized that I'd have to track down images of every single character. Something which I am far form interested in, seeind as they're scattered all over the place.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Its a project that we're working on... secretly.
    It's about ABR.

Thank you for this, you two. Truly, I would never have worked these two facts out without your stout hands guiding me along the way. Your wisdom knows no bounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Thank you for this, you two. Truly, I would never have worked these two facts out without your stout hands guiding me along the way. Your wisdom knows no bounds.
    Any time, mate. Any time.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    I was going to, but then I remembered what a pain the last one was. But then I thought it would be a good time to get all my templates up to date. And then I realized that I'd have to track down images of every single character. Something which I am far form interested in, seeind as they're scattered all over the place.
    There is also the problem that the characters are essentially split in two: those in TJH and those in FI. Are we going to draw them together or separately ?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-28 at 03:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean in the front page banner?

I had something in mind actually, if someone wants to do me a favor and track down a few images for some of the characters. I could get started?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-07-28 at 03:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

I can get an image of some of the people "currently" in SDSB (Since it kind of died even though Q tried to revive it. I'm just lazy).

Edit:
    Sorcerer Lich Dude and his Zombie

That one goblin, Szilard, Q's characters, Gremlin's character, and Shades of Gray's character
    Last edited by Szilard; 2009-07-28 at 04:09 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I can get an image of some of the people "currently" in SDSB (Since it kind of died even though Q tried to revive it. I'm just lazy).
    Speaking of which, if you aren't going to make any more comic, you think you could add my most recent comic to the archive?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-28 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks Szilard. Could you tell me who is who's character though? I don't wanna end up having to add 3 characters from 1 person to the banner.

Also, if anyone could help me track down FI images for
    -Fayte
    -Mechafox (Still the dog robot thing?)
    -The Q duo
    -Skimmer (Gray coated peacekeeper, right?)
    -Jim Swagger
    -Grim Ranger.
    -Tired N' Drowzy.
    That'd be awesome.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-07-28 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the Goblin was Megadoomer's character. The normal human is mine, the kobold and the black and white guy are Q's, the Eskimo (looks kind of like one) is Shades if Gray's, and the short guy was Gremlin's. The Lich is also mine.

I'll get to updating the archive.
    Last edited by Szilard; 2009-07-28 at 05:01 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive