New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    My post. When I tried to post, my computer wouldn't allow it. It was a huge and annoying problem a little while ago.
    Okay!
    I thought you were having a breakdown or something.
    Can't let the cool old guy turn into a crazy old guy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Okay!
    I thought you were having a breakdown or something.
    Can't let the cool old guy turn into a crazy old guy.
    We all go crazy eventualy, silly talking lemming.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Or be crazy already, or die before becoming crazy (by the way weren't Q cured of Schizophrenia or something? then he has already been crazy)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Feeling philosophic today, Crimson?

I would have to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Or be crazy already, or die before becoming crazy (by the way weren't Q cured of Schizophrenia or something? then he has already been crazy)
    Yup. I was Schizophrenic, but then was cured after a couple of months.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Wait, there's a cure for schizophrenia?

I did not know that.

Medicines to remove most of the symptoms, yes, but a cure?

Wow. Modern Medicine is amazing.

Also, who here plays Magic: The Gathering? The final FI NPC besides James and Talia I'm going to focus on is Avbaroy's first Planeswalker
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-08-03 at 11:32 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post

I did not know that.

Also, who here plays Magic: The Gathering? The final FI NPC besides James and Talia I'm going to focus on is Avbaroy's first Planeswalker
    Depending on how we are defining the MTG version of "Planes", it could be that any wizard capable of casting "Plane Shift" is a Planeswalker. Otherwise, it could be that any D-Jumper is a "Planeswalker"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

I did not know that.

No. With therapy. I was talked out of my mental illness. Although some drugs were used while I was in the hospital.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

No. With therapy. I was talked out of my mental illness. Although some drugs were used while I was in the hospital.
    It was also during the war if I'm not mistaken (I bet that doesn't count as modern medicine)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Banned

I'm awake! I'm awake! Wha--?
    About dying: I think the PM system should be optional. If somebody PMs you asking you not to kill/maim their character you oblige. Otherwise, you can have fun with your own plans. If somebody does something suicidal, not much can save them. Unless they say that they're gonna make another comic, that should buy them some time. But if they don't use that time to use a teleport scroll, den dey're dead!

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Err... As in MTG-style spells, and...

ummm...

I haven't read any of the novels- How DO planes walkers travel from place to place

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Err... As in MTG-style spells, and...

ummm...

I haven't read any of the novels- How DO planes walkers travel from place to place
    It's an inherent ability. Like being a Sorceror in DnD Fluff. You can travel from plane to plane more or less at will, and you get unbelievable magical power.

Well, that's not quite true. You have to have the "Spark" of planeswalkerness, and then you have to die in a manner that completely obliterates your body.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

I did not know that.

What is schizophrenia?
    ____

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

For the record, the Planeswalker I have in mind has very little real control over his powers, and they frequently go off on impulse (stuff like rampant growth suddenly reforesting a bombed out park, and the like).

Sort of like what teenage Sorcerers go through, actually.

EDIT: Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes hallucination and paranoia
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-08-03 at 12:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

EDIT: Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes hallucination and paranoia
    It was previously called personality split because those who had the illness acted like they where several persons (they didn't have several personalities but it's the closest explanation I know)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

It was previously called personality split because those who had the illness acted like they where several persons (they didn't have several personalities but it's the closest explanation I know)
    Here is a (relatively) simple explanation of what Schizophrenia is.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A common misconception. "Split Personality Disorder", is actually called "Dissociative Identity Disorder". Some People think it dosn't exist, and that people who are diagnosed with it are faking. Schizophrenia is entierly about hallucinations.
    Go Go 5 on the AP Psych Exam!
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I was just about to mention that movie, funny coincidence.

But he was seriously unlucky, he still lives and it hasn't disappeared yet
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Wow. We get sidetracked really easily.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    A common misconception. "Split Personality Disorder", is actually called "Dissociative Identity Disorder". Some People think it dosn't exist, and that people who are diagnosed with it are faking. Schizophrenia is entierly about hallucinations.
    Go Go 5 on the AP Psych Exam!
    Well I remember being told that personality splitting (well the Danish words for that) was a common name for Schizophrenia, I think I'll look it up on the Danish Wikipedia.

Also actually having a split personality isn't possible or at least not what that disorder does, it was believed to do but while it does look like it it doesn't (I can't remember what it does maybe you know)

@Squark: If we didn't then this would be boring

EDIT:
    Here's what I found
    "Personality splitting is used in psychiatry in two contexts. partly there is the schizophrenic (and relatively common) personality splitting where it for example are the thoughts there are split, partly on dissociative (and extremely rare) personality splitting where the person has multiple personalities, which often do not know each other and live their own lives
    "
    It seems I was a bit right at least (it's probably a language thing)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-03 at 12:57 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

I once knew a guy who had a split personality disorder. Or maybe it was two guys. Whatever.

But in all seriousness, I think split personality disorder is a type of Schizophrenia, but Schizophrenics aren't nessesarily personality spilted.

I couldn't say, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

*thinks* ya know... I recon if you did have Schizophrenia at like... 80(million) then you would have had treatment earlier...

I have a fractured personality... I sometimes black out and apparently do things and act in a way normally... but i have no recollection of those times...
    *shrugs* S**t happens i guess.
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-08-03 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    *thinks* ya know... I recon if you did have Schizophrenia at like... 80(million) then you would have had treatment earlier...
    I was diagnosed and institutionalized at age 20. Which was embarrassing, since I was doing a pretty good job staying out of the war till then. Luckily, I was deemed too insane to fight, believe it or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I was diagnosed and institutionalized at age 20. Which was embarrassing, since I was doing a pretty good job staying out of the war till then. Luckily, I was deemed too insane to fight, believe it or not.
    Good luck in bad luck I guess (I don't know the English equivalent of this saying, sorry) I would probably have either died in the start of the war or been hiding from the Germans in Sweden, if the rules of war service was the same then it would have been the later no matter what (I'm not allowed to enter the army by the current rules)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

I would have had similar treatment to C.A. and have become Major Brittan!
    Would have kicked Nazi butt =3
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

Q, you say you are 83 ? That means you were born in 1926, and were 13 at the start of the war and 19 at the end. If you were institutionalized at 20, that means that it happened after World War II.

Fun Fact: Conscription in Canada was done in a single levy in 1944, meaning you didn't really have the time to do "a pretty good job of staying out of the war".

Are you really 83 years old ?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-03 at 02:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Q, you say you are 83 ? That means you were born in 1926, and were 13 at the start of the war and 19 at the end. If you were institutionalized at 20, that means that it happened after World War II.

Fun Fact: Conscription in Canada was done in a single levy in 1944, meaning you didn't really have the time to do "a pretty good job of staying out of the war".

Are you really 83 years old ?
    Isn't Q over 84?

PS Due to a law from the 1860'ties I can't be in the Danish army, woohoo! (that meas I would just have gone to Sweden like my great grandfather, yay!)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

Not necessarily. One- he could have been born in a different part of the year, making him twenty before the war ended, or he's talking about a different war.
    Last edited by Szilard; 2009-08-03 at 03:11 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    Not necessarily. One- he could have been born in a different part of the year, making him twenty before the war ended, or he's talking about a different war.
    I remember Q saying something about getting 84 before summer, if I'm right then he would be 20 anyway during the last year of the war wouldn't he?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

The first part of my argument is invalid, Q became 20 years old 3 months before the end of the war. It's still a bit weird, though.

And Q, if my deduction is correct, started playing D&D when he was at least 75 years old, since he doesn't know anything about 1e or 2e. Although he may have begun at age 45 or somesuch, if and only if he played the D&D basic set, stopped playing it when 1e came around and restarted playing it when he was 75 years old. Also weird.

And he talked about OotS racing games, being under the effect of childblocks and had bad spelling when he first joined up, but got better. Sounds pretty weird to me too.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

And he talked about OotS racing games, being under the effect of childblocks and had bad spelling when he first joined up, but got better. Sounds pretty weird to me too.
    That was from sharing his account with his grandson.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive