New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    That was from sharing his account with his grandson.
    Except that he did the same spelling mistakes when he announced My Name is Q.

And Q seems pretty similar to his grandson, over all. Same likes: Star Trek TNG (more specifically the Qs), D&D, OotS, same catchphrase, etc.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Q is old, and most people make spelling errors. And you wouldn't know when who was using Q's account. And who would lie about a stroke. Besides, Q once uploaded a photo of himself.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    And Q, if my deduction is correct, started playing D&D when he was at least 75 years old, since he doesn't know anything about 1e or 2e. Although he may have begun at age 45 or somesuch, if and only if he played the D&D basic set, stopped playing it when 1e came around and restarted playing it when he was 75 years old. Also weird.

And he talked about OotS racing games, being under the effect of childblocks and had bad spelling when he first joined up, but got better. Sounds pretty weird to me too.
    1) Not that weird, I often don't want to play a game but when I see it or a new title in the series some years later I suddenly want to, Q could have thought the sane way (not thinking it looked interesting but when he see the new shiny version many years later it do) or simply not having heard of it before age 75 (my great grandparents had never heard about it when I told them and they are that old too)
    2) actually being old means that he didn't grow up with the complex games we did so him liking racing games might not be as weird as you think, and bad spelling is to be suspected by a Canadian growing up that long ago (example; my grand father, when he was young it weren't a big deal that he didn't go to high school back then but doing so now would be)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I think Q mentioned something about dropping out of high school.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

And Q seems pretty similar to his grandson, over all. Same likes: Star Trek TNG (more specifically the Qs), D&D, OotS, same catchphrase, etc.
    So? A lot of families are like that, hell his grandson probably introduced him to OotS and DnD. I Share a lot of interests with my grandfather myself so I don't see why Q and his grandson shouldn't.

@Szilard: It was even less of a big deal back then. And who gave you permission to sig that quote?! I demand royalties!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys.... WHO CARES?!
    Seriously! So what if Q is 84? Who cares if he's 12?! HECK! Who cares if he's 6?
    The point is he likes OotS, ABR and stuff like that!
    I mean... that's the thing about the internet! You can be whoever you wanna be!

Half the time I'M not even me! I pretend to be something I'm not all the time online!
    Because I can...
    And so can Q...

So seriously... Just let him be who he wants...
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Guys.... WHO CARES?!
    Seriously! So what if Q is 84? Who cares if he's 12?! HECK! Who cares if he's 6?
    The point is he likes OotS, ABR and stuff like that!
    I mean... that's the thing about the internet! You can be whoever you wanna be!

Half the time I'M not even me! I pretend to be something I'm not all the time online!
    Because I can...
    And so can Q...

So seriously... Just let him be who he wants...
    Oh, I don't know...in a way, it's kind of fun to try to figure out if he's really 83 or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

...Okay. I have to confess. And apologize. These lies have gone WAAAAAAY too far. A while ago. I can't keep this up any longer.

I admit it. I am not actually old. I am not 84. That was an elaborate lie. I had good reasons for lying, though. Or at least reasons that seemed pretty good at the time.

1) I had no idea what kind of forums these were when I first joined them. I heard many scary stories about people tracking you down and abducting you on some forums. So, to discourage that, I pretended I was old.

2) I am not exactly the most savvy person in the whole world about...ANYTHING! Not about media, about the internet, or anything else. And, since in school people would taunt me for not knowing something and I heard it was even WORSE on the internet, I figured being old would give me an excuse for not knowing what the hell Team Fortess was or whatever.

Anyway, I kept on lying because I was in too deep. And because it's fun to role-play. I spun elaborate (and consistant) stories about my past, like the insane asylum, avoiding the war, and about my wives. All of which were based loosely on stories told by various old people I know. I became a new persona, "Quin Azevedo".

I have learned long ago that the lies were not needed, but I kept them up anyway. I thought that at this point if people learned the truth, like how I lied about a stroke or having a dead wife, that you would all hate me. I would lose any popularity I had.

However, the lies must come to a close now. I cannot keep them up with people like Mad Mask scrutinizing my stories that closely.

I would just like to say how very, very, very, very, very, very, very, sorry I am. About being dishonest. About making fake sad stories about my past, that might've made you feel sorry for me. It was all very silly, childish, and deceitful. Please try not to hate me.

If you must know, I am truely 15. I will not say my real name, though. You don't need it.

And now, if you excuse me, I must head down to the fanservice threads to have my name taken off of the PM lists.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-03 at 05:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I'd probably be upset if this was in any way surprising.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, Mad Mask, why you gotta do a thing?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451

Well... I wasn't expecting that.
    ...I'm still gonna call you an old guy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    ...Okay. I have to confess. And apologize. These lies have gone WAAAAAAY too far. A while ago. I can't keep this up any longer.

*snip*
    Ha! I knew it! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry so much about it. I doubt people will hate you for it. Really, I doubt many people, like me, even believed it (though I'll admit, the backstory was elaborate enough that I did wonder occasionally).
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Ha! I knew it! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry so much about it. I doubt people will hate you for it. Really, I doubt many people, like me, even believed it (though I'll admit, the backstory was elaborate enough that I did wonder occasionally).
    I remember a few people saying how they'd hate me if I was lying about the stroke thing.

Still, I'm glad to see the reception is not nearly as negative as I thought it would be. I knew people probably didn't believe it, but lying for that long about something SO SILLY was pretty hard to fess up to.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Meh, I should be surprised, but I'm not. It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just that I always thought of you as an Old Man who acted young. So basically, all that's changed about my impression of you is your age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember a few people saying how they'd hate me if I was lying about the stroke thing.
    Why did you invent that whole thing, anyway ? It's not like strokes are restricted to old people.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

Why did you invent that whole thing, anyway ? It's not like strokes are restricted to old people.
    It's....far too stupid to talk about. I'd rather not talk about it.

It has nothing to do with the age thing.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

eek Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

I admit it. I am not actually old. I am not 84. That was an elaborate lie. I had good reasons for lying, though. Or at least reasons that seemed pretty good at the time.

1) I had no idea what kind of forums these were when I first joined them. I heard many scary stories about people tracking you down and abducting you on some forums. So, to discourage that, I pretended I was old.

2) I am not exactly the most savvy person in the whole world about...ANYTHING! Not about media, about the internet, or anything else. And, since in school people would taunt me for not knowing something and I heard it was even WORSE on the internet, I figured being old would give me an excuse for not knowing what the hell Team Fortess was or whatever.

Anyway, I kept on lying because I was in too deep. And because it's fun to role-play. I spun elaborate (and consistant) stories about my past, like the insane asylum, avoiding the war, and about my wives. All of which were based loosely on stories told by various old people I know. I became a new persona, "Quin Azevedo".

I have learned long ago that the lies were not needed, but I kept them up anyway. I thought that at this point if people learned the truth, like how I lied about a stroke or having a dead wife, that you would all hate me. I would lose any popularity I had.

However, the lies must come to a close now. I cannot keep them up with people like Mad Mask scrutinizing my stories that closely.

I would just like to say how very, very, very, very, very, very, very, sorry I am. About being dishonest. About making fake sad stories about my past, that might've made you feel sorry for me. It was all very silly, childish, and deceitful. Please try not to hate me.

If you must know, I am truely 15. I will not say my real name, though. You don't need it.

And now, if you excuse me, I must head down to the fanservice threads to have my name taken off of the PM lists.
    Yay! Finally someone at my age... Wait why should I believe that that isn't a lie too? (sorry for the harsh reaction but i personally feel really guilty even when I'm only telling small lies and I got a more strict moral code than a paladin so it shocks me a lot)

I thought Quin was cool, I liked his stories but now...

@Mad: But old people have lived longer and thus there has been more times it could happen so it's rather frequent that they have had it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Q is 15? *15-year-old-five*

But if Q lied about his old age, what makes us think he's telling the truth now? You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest and stuff.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

But if Q lied about his old age, what makes us think he's telling the truth now? You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest and stuff.
    OKAY! I admit it! I must stop lying! This has gone on too far!

I AM 84! I'm sorry for being so dishonest.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-03 at 06:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, no need for apologies I guess.....just keep being as cool as you were 'til now, ok?

Whatever....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-08-03 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

I knew it!

I'm confused now. I'll still think you're an old man though.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

22. - Top - End - #1462

I always believed.
    Last edited by SinisterPenguin; 2009-08-03 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

I knew it!

I'm confused now. I'll still think you're an old man though.
    You believe whatever you want to believe. That goes for all of you.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-03 at 06:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

I bet Q is actually an 8-year old girl who happens to be an FBI agent.

This white text is too manly to be white.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

That's tellin' em, Q.

@SoG, I took some artistic liberties and made him pretty/ditched the shadowy face. I couldn't get that to work..
    Linkified

Does he remind anyone else of Edward Elrick?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-03 at 06:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You believe whatever you want to believe. That goes for all of you.
    I don't know anymore! I don't know who to believe or what!!

"Yes it will be alright of course, all we need is to destroy it all and all will be fine heeheehee"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    That's tellin' em, Q.

@SoG, I took some artistic liberties and made him pretty/ditched the shadowy face. I couldn't get that to work..
    Linkified

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool, now we need a compilation of them all dancing in a line

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Cool, now we need a compilation of them all dancing in a line
    Only if I can get someone else with Flash to help me. That one alone took 4 hours. (Granted, I did take quite a few breaks. )

Animation isn't as easy as it's cracked up to be.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-03 at 07:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nope ^.~

And It was pretty obvious Q... I mean... An 84 year old would have preferred TOS soley cuz of the lulz.
    Mind you... I prefer TOS...
    ... Mainly for the lulz =3

And For future reference... You Really need to work on your lies XD
    Trust me... I know what I'm talking about...

And no the following are NOT good lies, I have tryed them all and they dont quite cut it.
    "I was dead at the time"
    "I was on the moon! With Steve!"
    "My dog ate it then got abducted by aliens"
    "I ate it =3"
    "I ate my brother who ate it D="
    "I did it... buuuuuuuuttttt..... Oooh look a butterfly"

EDIT:
    *Begins to track down The Q*
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-08-03 at 07:09 PM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    And It was pretty obvious Q... I mean... An 84 year old would have preferred TOS soley cuz of the lulz.
    Mind you... I prefer TOS...
    ... Mainly for the lulz =3
    ...Wha? What's TOS?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-03 at 07:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show