New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You don't get affected that much by alcohol unless you drink a lot of it, thus it at least can't really be seen as dangerous enough to be classified as the same kind of drug as what normally is refered to as drugs, besides I'm against alcohol too so I don't see how one wrong makes another right.

What is the it in "still its a drug"? If it's Mario's mushrooms then shouldn't there be bad effects and addiction too?
    What does being less dangerous have to do with anything? Drugs are drugs no matter how dangerous or addictive they are.

And there are bad effects. As long as mario isnt tripping on at least one of them, he's extremely fragile and already dies when touching a turtle the wrong way. So he's constantly looking for the next one to feel safer.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-07-20 at 09:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Alcohol is bad for you, drink juice, it's delicious.
    Juice isn't a substitute for prescription-only medication!
    If 'tweren't for it, I'd be spending upwards of five hours each night getting to sleep. Bloody insomnia; we hates it, preciousssss. (Kev, that last bit's a reference to Gollum, from the Lord of the Rings.)
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    What does being less dangerous have to do with anything? Drugs are drugs no matter how dangerous or addictive they are.

And there are bad effects. As long as mario isnt tripping on at least one of them, he's extremely fragile and already dies when touching a turtle the wrong way. So he's constantly looking for the next one to feel safer.
    I actually got no idea what the defination of "drugs" is so I can't really argue, but alcohol is a far lesser problem than the other stuff don't you think? (though it's still bad DON'T DRINK IT!)

I think that's because the turtles are weird not Mario, to my knowledge the mushrooms and stars have some magical effect when he picks them up and Mario's (to us) weakness has nothing to do with it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Fine fine, winners don't do drugs.

Except Shane Carpenter from Haze.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Fine fine, winners don't do drugs.

Except Shane Carpenter from Haze.

As well as the Vault Dweller, the Chosen One and the Lone Wanderer

I actually got no idea what the defination of "drugs" is so I can't really argue, but alcohol is a far lesser problem than the other stuff don't you think? (though it's still bad DON'T DRINK IT!)
    Yes but that's not the point.

I think that's because the turtles are weird not Mario, to my knowledge the mushrooms and stars have some magical effect when he picks them up and Mario's (to us) weakness has nothing to do with it.
    Isnt that what drugs make you think too?
    youre taking it too seriously
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-07-20 at 09:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Michael Phelps did drugs.
    I think.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    I think.
    Michael Phelps just had freakishly long arms.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    I think.
    I believe he was suspended due to using Pot. That, and he eats 15000-ish calories a day to maintain his normal weight.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Isnt that what drugs make you think too?
    youre taking it too seriously
    I have no idea, next topic please this one is weird.

I didn't take it serious
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

How well know is Igon Minoblendy ?

@The Q: Since the Citadel is currently moving, I suggest you replace the first panel of your comic with Q sleeping inside the citadel, unless of course you want to fall on the ground.

Sorry if I'm nit-picky.

EDIT: And your "plot moving" comment doesn't make sense now, since we're making a lot more plot-advancing comics than ever before.

At least you, Squark and me do.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-20 at 10:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    @The Q: Since the Citadel is currently moving, I suggest you replace the first panel of your comic with Q sleeping inside the citadel, unless of course you want to fall on the ground.

Sorry if I'm nit-picky.

EDIT: And your "plot moving" comment doesn't make sense now, since we're making a lot more plot-advancing comics than ever before.
    I didn't see the comic which shows the Citadel moving. Can you link it to me?

And I know the plot is moving. It's just not moving very fast. Q is insulting it's slowness.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    So is he shocked because all those Qs died, or because he just lost so much power?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

So is he shocked because all those Qs died, or because he just lost so much power?
    Both. Why?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Both. Why?
    Just makin' sure.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't see the comic which shows the Citadel moving. Can you link it to me?
    Huh, it seems I didn't show it moving in this comic.

But it was heavily implied that it would be.

And I know the plot is moving. It's just not moving very fast. Q is insulting it's slowness.
    Walking is still faster than crawling.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, it seems I didn't show it moving in this comic.

But it was heavily implied that it would be.
    ...Wow. How did I miss that?

Oh well. I guess Q can sleep on a flying house.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

...Wow. How did I miss that?

Oh well. I guess Q can sleep on a flying house.
    you missed it because MM announced two updates by editing his last post in order to prevent multiple posting. Which unfortunately also had the drawback of not highlighting the thread for an update.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

you missed it because MM announced two updates by editing his last post in order to prevent multiple posting. Which unfortunately also had the drawback of not highlighting the thread for an update.
    No, I actually deleted my posts and copied the contents into another one.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

"Alice in wonderland" was a dream from the start, so she can't have used drugs since it didn't even happen.
    Um, no it wasn't. It was never proven it was a dream. You've been watching the movie.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Um, no it wasn't. It was never proven it was a dream. You've been watching the movie.
    Also, the caterpillar is totally smoking a hookah.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Hey I got no idea where to get that book, ifI did then I'd read it but I don't. Still it can hardly be seen as drugs, more like poison.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

How well know is Igon Minoblendy ?
    People who know their history from the Age of Dragons have probably heard of him as leader of the Exersus Resistance, so he generally uses Lyinginbedmon to avoid detection more. Those who only know him from history think he died following the Battle of the Palace.

As for the world at large, only folks in Exersus and the significantly high-ups of government know he's still doing the rounds of peaceful civilisation, but virtually no-one outside of Exersus knows the full significance of him.

In short, unless you're a political big-wig or a collaborator, you're kinda unlikely to know him.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Nothing suspicious here, folks.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    People who know their history from the Age of Dragons have probably heard of him as leader of the Exersus Resistance, so he generally uses Lyinginbedmon to avoid detection more. Those who only know him from history think he died following the Battle of the Palace.

As for the world at large, only folks in Exersus and the significantly high-ups of government know he's still doing the rounds of peaceful civilisation, but virtually no-one outside of Exersus knows the full significance of him.

In short, unless you're a political big-wig or a collaborator, you're kinda unlikely to know him.
    Alright, so in this case, how should They spin Igon's involvement. I see two options.
    1) They refer to him as "Lyinginbedmon", an insane mage who opposes the UNA because he can't stand the idea of the world in a peaceful union.
    Or
    2) They identify him as "Igon Minoblendy", who has spent so long fighting that he knows nothing else, and is striking out against the UNA on pure reflex, or because he mistakenly believes it to be evil.

Personally, I'm going for the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Alright, so in this case, how should They spin Igon's involvement. I see two options.
    1) They refer to him as "Lyinginbedmon", an insane mage who opposes the UNA because he can't stand the idea of the world in a peaceful union.
    Or
    2) They identify him as "Igon Minoblendy", who has spent so long fighting that he knows nothing else, and is striking out against the UNA on pure reflex, or because he mistakenly believes it to be evil.

Personally, I'm going for the first one.
    Could Ins identify himself as the "real" Igon Minoblendy that was rescued and "transformed" by the Sovices at the Battle of the Palace, while Lyinginbedmon is just a deluded fool that thinks he's a 600 years old wizard ?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Or
    3) 4) They refer to him as "A magus calling himself 'Igon Minoblendy', whom you might remember from your history textbooks. Little is known about him, although it has been revealed that he also operates under the name 'Lyinginbedmon'."

Could Ins identify himself as the "real" Igon Minoblendy that was rescued and "transformed" by the Sovices at the Battle of the Palace, while Lyinginbedmon is just a deluded fool that thinks he's a 600 years old wizard ?
    The only flaw I can see is that the leader of the known world is claiming to be a 600 year old historical figure. Not sure how that would work out, I mean, that's the main point in the "ALF is clearly insane!" argument.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-07-20 at 04:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Gaaahhhh! Stupid Trojan Virus! *smashes computer*

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    The only flaw I can see is that the leader of the known world is claiming to be a 600 year old historical figure. Not sure how that would work out, I mean, that's the main point in the "ALF is clearly insane!" argument.
    How would he explain the similarity between the historical Igon Minoblendy, the insane Lyinginbedmon and himself ?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

How would he explain the similarity between the historical Igon Minoblendy, the insane Lyinginbedmon and himself ?
    What similarity? That they're all spellcasters with grey hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Gaaahhhh! Stupid Trojan Virus! *smashes computer*
    Get a decent anti-virus. Or a trial version of one.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-07-20 at 04:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    What similarity? That they're all spellcasters with grey hair?
    They look like (and are) identical clones of each other, someone must have noticed the similarity.

@Nameless: If you had a Mac, you wouldn't have any pesky virus.

What does the Trojan virus do, anyway ? *googles*

Ack, pretty nasty.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-20 at 04:12 PM.