New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1591
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Oh avatar requests. I remember doing those. Good times. Good times. Now I just do pictures of people's FFRP characters because I get bored.

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    You live in South Australia. Why would you live in South Australia?
    Because he didn't bother or didn't have the resources to move? That's why I live in Denmark (well that my family lives here has something to do with it to but never-mind that)

And stop calling him Secret Brit, or calling anyone names they don't like
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Stop using the post icon if you're not going to post happy things, Kev. Its misleading.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #1594
    Ogre in the Playground

There's something terrifying about someone smiling while they relay bad or generally negative news. Maybe it's some sort of emotional dissonance.

5. - Top - End - #1595
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Stop using the post icon if you're not going to post happy things, Kev. Its misleading.
    Okay , I didn't think it was important.

@Bright: Or maybe the post weren't negative enough to ruin my mood (I don't even know what emotional dissonance is, care to explain?)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-05 at 03:52 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #1596

Wait... did you just mistake Darklord Bright for Tiff?

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Wait... did you just mistake Darklord Bright for Tiff?
    Maybe, I just got up and I didn't look at the name.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

8. - Top - End - #1598
    Ogre in the Playground

Emotional dissonance is a hard concept to really explain. There are a few forms of it, from what I gather, but what I mean is that the emotion of what you are saying is separated from the emotion you are displaying while saying it (Or 'hidden' behind a false emotion.), thus rendering the statement a little unsettling.

Like if I were to start talking about a great victory as if it were a eulogy, or start talking about people dying as if I were incredibly happy.

9. - Top - End - #1599

The last song in Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog, for instance, is a victory song, but is sung incredibly sadly.

10. - Top - End - #1600
    Banned

My FI timelord, does he have to be part of a faction, can't he be a timelord "observer"?

11. - Top - End - #1601

I thought Xartyve was going to be a Time Lord

EDIT: Did it again! I mistook Xav for Kev!
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2009-08-05 at 04:15 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1602
    Ogre in the Playground

The last song in Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog, for instance, is a victory song, but is sung incredibly sadly.
    Which is exactly what I was referencing.

You catch on fast.

13. - Top - End - #1603
    Banned

I thought Xartyve was going to be a Time Lord

EDIT: Did it again! I mistook Xav for Kev!
    I think Squark is going to have a timelord. Now I just need someone to play my timelord's curvaceous companion.

14. - Top - End - #1604
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    I think Squark is going to have a timelord. Now I just need someone to play my timelord's curvaceous companion.
    Dang nabbit! Don't start talking about boobies!

15. - Top - End - #1605
    Banned

No, I was actually talking about a character. I only described them as being... curvaceous.

16. - Top - End - #1606
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I was actually talking about a character. I only described them as being... curvaceous.
    You are talking about a character's boobies. This is a Brighttrap.

Edit: (To be fair, curvaceous also refers to the general hips/legs/waist/bust stuff but in effect my comment is still true! )
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-08-05 at 04:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1607
    Banned

Back to my earlier question...

Can I or can I not have a neutral character?

EDIT: What? Is the question taboo or something?
    Last edited by X2; 2009-08-05 at 05:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1608
    Firbolg in the Playground

You are no longer one of us. You have asked the forbidden question.

The answer isn't forbidden though. Yes, you can. We already have two neutrals in FI, at the very least. Q's emperor something and Rand's Tarrasque.

19. - Top - End - #1609
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it is more that there are only like two people here, and I know very little about politics in Avvy.

I can't see why you couldn't but I think it'd be hard to do much just based on the story...

20. - Top - End - #1610
    Banned

After changing his name to 'The Observer' in keeping with the whole "nameless timelord" tradition I have gone ahead and made some art for him.

Wait so all the neutrals are... a tarrasque, an emperor, and a timelord?

Can we have some weak neutrals?
    Last edited by X2; 2009-08-05 at 05:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1611

Can we have some weak neutrals?
    Probably not.

22. - Top - End - #1612
    Ogre in the Playground

My guess is that no one really wants to not be in the action for FI. Plus the whole "Character death may happen" thing means if a weak character provokes attack they'll probably die.

I just don't think FI is really too neutral friendly, but it could work.

23. - Top - End - #1613
    Banned

He's not going to be very combat inclined at all. His entire fighting repertoire will be that he's a redbelt in Venusian Akido. It's good because he's a borderline pacifist. But if in a jam thankfully his companion is an Elven marksman.

He makes up for his total non-combat prowess by being an excellent scientist and engineer. He is very good at MacGuyvering ways out of jams and can fix almost anything to at least 80 percent efficiancy. He's also a good diplomat and is unequaled in temporal theory.

24. - Top - End - #1614
    Ogre in the Playground

He's not going to be very combat inclined at all. His entire fighting repertoire will be that he's a redbelt in Venusian Akido. It's good because he's a borderline pacifist. But if in a jam thankfully his companion is an Elven marksman.

He makes up for his total non-combat prowess by being an excellent scientist and engineer. He is very good at MacGuyvering ways out of jams and can fix almost anything to at least 80 percent efficiancy. He's also a good diplomat and is unequaled in temporal theory.
    See, yeah, I don't see why you couldn't do that. You would really need someone playing miss curvy for it to be interesting in quiet periods though, if you intend to stay out of conflict.

25. - Top - End - #1615
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    See, yeah, I don't see why you couldn't do that. You would really need someone playing miss curvy for it to be interesting in quiet periods though, if you intend to stay out of conflict.
    I'm going to be in conflict all right. His TARDIS is going to drop right in the middle of a conflict zone. He gets captured by the UNA but his TARDIS is taken by the ALF. His goal throughout the entire plot is to get back to his TARDIS while avoiding tampering with the conflict as much as possible (which is difficult). That way, he's involved but neutral.

Bright could you pretty please be the elf?

26. - Top - End - #1616
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to be in conflict all right. His TARDIS is going to drop right in the middle of a conflict zone. He gets captured by the UNA but his TARDIS is taken by the ALF. His goal throughout the entire plot is to get back to his TARDIS while avoiding tampering with the conflict as much as possible (which is difficult). That way, he's involved but neutral.

Bright could you pretty please be the elf?
    You'd better not be asking me because I'm the only one here!

Well, anything I should know? I can draw something up tomorrow if you give me an idea (Supposed to be asleep... *checks watch* 37 minutes ago...)

27. - Top - End - #1617
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    You'd better not be asking me because I'm the only one here!

Well, anything I should know? I can draw something up tomorrow if you give me an idea (Supposed to be asleep... *checks watch* 37 minutes ago...)
    No, that's why I simply referred to her as 'the elf'.

1. She's a woman
    2. She's curvy
    3. She's a marksman (guns, bows, slings, the works)
    4. She's an elf.

28. - Top - End - #1618
    Ogre in the Playground

No, that's why I simply referred to her as 'the elf'.

1. She's a woman
    2. She's curvy
    3. She's a marksman (guns, bows, slings, the works)
    4. She's an elf.
    I shall see what I can do, and hope I can scan it tomorrow before I pack my compy up to prepare to bring it to another city for the weekend.
    (of course, if that happens, I only lose access to it for a day...)
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-08-05 at 05:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1619
    Banned

Swell... while you're at it, could you draw Obbie too?

30. - Top - End - #1620
    Ogre in the Playground

Swell... while you're at it, could you draw Obbie too?
    I'll see what I can cook up. Hopefully I'll remember at least his vague appearance in the morning, I tend to die between the times of 4 and 9 in the morning.