New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1621
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I'll see what I can cook up. Hopefully I'll remember at least his vague appearance in the morning, I tend to die between the times of 4 and 9 in the morning.
    Die? Don't mind me I'm just filler.

2. - Top - End - #1622
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Wait so all the neutrals are... a tarrasque, an emperor, and a timelord?

Can we have some weak neutrals?
    I think Rot's vampire is also neutral (and crazy)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1623
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I think Rot's vampire is also neutral (and crazy)
    Vampires aren't weak.

4. - Top - End - #1624
    Ogre in the Playground

Xartyve2: Could you please elaborate on your character's backstory ? Why is he on Avbaroy, a planet that does nothing to threaten the multiverse ? I'm sorry, but I don't think an "observing" neutral character is going to be very useful to the story. And should he enter his TARDIS he'll simply vanish from the face of Avbaroy's universe, since in ABR time travel is simply travelling to parallel universes where the Big Bang occurred "before" or "after".

With the character as he is now, I'm afraid I'll have to say no. You can't have any "observing" neutral characters. Even the neutral Sultan of Avbaroy* (or the Emperor, as you called him) at least does a few thing for the resistance, and the Tarrasque, should Randomizer return, would be pillaged by the Resistance for riches and weapons. And Vampire Rot is not really what you would call "observing".

*He's not actually a sultan. He's the Avbaroy version of Emperor Norton. So he's not strong at all.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-05 at 06:29 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1625
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Xartyve2: Could you please elaborate on your character's backstory ? Why is he on Avbaroy, a planet that does nothing to threaten the multiverse ? I'm sorry, but I don't think an "observing" neutral character is going to be very useful to the story. And should he enter his TARDIS he'll simply vanish from the face of Avbaroy's universe, since in ABR time travel is simply travelling to parallel universes where the Big Bang occurred "before" or "after".

With the character as he is now, I'm afraid I'll have to say no. You can't have any "observing" neutral characters. Even the neutral Sultan of Avbaroy* (or the Emperor, as you called him) at least does a few thing for the resistance, and the Tarrasque, should Randomizer return, would be pillaged by the Resistance for riches and weapons. And Vampire Rot is not really what you would call "observing".

*He's not actually a sultan. He's the Avbaroy version of Emperor Norton. So he's not strong at all.
    Observer is his name and intention not his role in the plot. While his main intention is to get back to his TARDIS the entire setting is going to be in his way. While I won't know the specifics of his involvements until it happens in the comics I can say I'll try.

Also, his backstory isn't really that important. Unless Avbaroy is spying on Gallifrey like Gladys Kravitz I doubt it's going to be brought up.

But I really want him in the plot so I'm willing to be pretty flexible.

6. - Top - End - #1626
    Ogre in the Playground

<.< >.>
    *sweeps own neutral character under the rug*

I don't think that any character in ABR will ever be truly "weak", mainly everyone wants to play characters that will have some impact on the world.

I think Squark is going to have a timelord.
    Squark is a Time Lord, or at least a Time Penguin. He's also a deity, and a Jedi, and has a bunch of clones that he shares a conciousness with.

7. - Top - End - #1627
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    <.< >.>
    *sweeps own neutral character under the rug*

I don't think that any character in ABR will ever be truly "weak", mainly everyone wants to play characters that will have some impact on the world.

Squark is a Time Lord, or at least a Time Penguin. He's also a deity, and a Jedi, and has a bunch of clones that he shares a conciousness with.
    That's pretty vast.

8. - Top - End - #1628
    Ogre in the Playground

That's pretty vast.
    Vast? Vast from vastus (immense/wasted/unoccupied)? With reference to Squark's powers?

Or did you mean vast just as in "big"? (So, "high powered"?)

Or is this a use of vast of which I was previously unaware?

9. - Top - End - #1629
    Banned

Vast? Vast from vastus (immense/wasted/unoccupied)? With reference to Squark's powers?

Or did you mean vast just as in "big"? (So, "high powered"?)

Or is this a use of vast of which I was previously unaware?
    Vast as in big.

So what was your neutral character?
    Last edited by X2; 2009-08-05 at 07:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1630
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but it's not just "weak" and "super-powered". Most characters should be in the middle ground, because "weak" characters are useless and "super-powered" characters are too useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2
    Observer is his name and intention not his role in the plot. While his main intention is to get back to his TARDIS the entire setting is going to be in his way. While I won't know the specifics of his involvements until it happens in the comics I can say I'll try.

Also, his backstory isn't really that important. Unless Avbaroy is spying on Gallifrey like Gladys Kravitz I doubt it's going to be brought up.

But I really want him in the plot so I'm willing to be pretty flexible.
    I'm concerned with the implications if a guy with a TARDIS arriving in Avbaroy. If he loses it, someone else is going to find it. It doesn't matter if it's the ALF or the UNA, the balance of the setting is going to break. I'm afraid I can't allow your character as he is now. He violates three rules: he is overpowered, is reliant on a self-contained subplot and does not come from Avbaroy or related grounds (TJH or the planes).

11. - Top - End - #1631
    Banned

I'm concerned with the implications if a guy with a TARDIS arriving in Avbaroy. If he loses it, someone else is going to find it. It doesn't matter if it's the ALF or the UNA, the balance of the setting is going to break. I'm afraid I can't allow your character as he is now. He violates three rules: he is overpowered, is reliant on a self-contained subplot and does not come from Avbaroy or related grounds (TJH or the planes).
    A TARDIS can only be controlled by its owner. So whoever picks it up will pick up... something. It could be a big microwave for all they care.

Overpowered? Other than the regenerations, I don't know how...

Self-contained subplot? Well... I did say I could be flexible. I'm willing to go any way, as long as he stays.

Unrelated? True, but whats the difference?

12. - Top - End - #1632
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Hey.
    Hey.
    If you're allowed to use your D&D characters I'm allowed to use my Exalted character.
    Though does it count if the character themselves is from Avbaroy and such but the powers are not?
    No ruling on this?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1633
    Ogre in the Playground

No ruling on this?
    Yes you can
    Happy now? =3
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

14. - Top - End - #1634
    Ogre in the Playground

So what was your neutral character?

I need to re-template her...
    Yes, but it's not just "weak" and "super-powered". Most characters should be in the middle ground, because "weak" characters are useless and "super-powered" characters are too useful.
    Agreed. But ABR suffers from power creep, and middle ground character would be relatively weak when compared to our current cast.

I'm concerned with the implications if a guy with a TARDIS arriving in Avbaroy. [etc.]
    Just a question, I can't remember if this was brought up before, but what's happening to Squark in FI? Seeing as he's pretty much a Time Lord+.

15. - Top - End - #1635
    Ogre in the Playground

No ruling on this?
    The only rules of character creations are:

• No overpowered powers or technology.
    • Must come from Avbaroy or related grouds (TJH/the planes).
    • Must make sense in the setting.

Your Exalted powers could easily be explained as coming from the planes. Ergo, it's fine.

16. - Top - End - #1636
    Banned

The only rules of character creations are:

• No overpowered powers or technology.
    • Must come from Avbaroy or related grouds (TJH/the planes).
    • Must make sense in the setting.

Your Exalted powers could easily be explained as coming from the planes. Ergo, it's fine.
    • He is going to seperated from his TARDIS for the whole thing and if powers mean regeneration and a red belt in martial arts then...
    • I'll have him do a guest spot on TJH. Will that help?
    • Hey! Timelords make sense in any setting. (especially Victorian London)

17. - Top - End - #1637
    Troll in the Playground

With the character as he is now, I'm afraid I'll have to say no. You can't have any "observing" neutral characters.
    BALOOOOOOONEY!

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call baloney on that. You can't say his character isn't allowed.

With Rand's god-killing-super-robot it makes sense to not let him in, but this is just stupid. If he has a character who has no impact on the story, or perhaps does have an impact on the story in a different way then other characters, then who the hell are you to say he can't be a part of it?!

I'm sorry, but now you have gone up 50 super-villain points. And you were doing so well for a while, too!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1638
    Ogre in the Playground

• He is going to seperated from his TARDIS for the whole thing and if powers mean regeneration and a red belt in martial arts then...
    • I'll have him do a guest spot on TJH. Will that help?
    • Hey! Timelords make sense in any setting. (especially Victorian London)
    Alright then. Would you mind if the UNA is trying to capture the character in order to blackmail him in using the TARDIS for them ? That way he'll have an impact on the story and I won't mind him at all.

I need to re-template her...
    I'm sorry, but your character violates the rules of "no over-powered characters" (she's a god). So you can't use her for FI unless she loses her powers.

Agreed. But ABR suffers from power creep, and middle ground character would be relatively weak when compared to our current cast.
    The cast of FI is going to be different. There aren't going to be god-like characters anymore.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-05 at 07:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1639
    Banned

Alright then. Would you mind if the UNA is trying to capture the character in order to blackmail him in using the TARDIS for them ? That way he'll have an impact on the story and I won't mind him at all.
    Good, would you oppose the TARDIS actually being in possession of the ALF? That would be a cause for more conflict.

20. - Top - End - #1640
    Troll in the Playground

Why does he need to imapct the story by your definitions!?!

You have gone up 20 more super-villain points.

[EDIT] Nevermind. Now that X2 has agreed, you only go up 5.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-05 at 07:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1641
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, but your character violates the rules of "no over-powered characters" (she's a god). So you can't use her for FI unless she loses her powers.
    DONT DO IT KERIS!
    She's Fayte's only link back to his old Pantheon!
    And besides... Shes a comic Relief character...

You cant even let high powered Comic Relief characters that will have no plot effect?
    Mad Mask... You are a Veelan! (as Hiro would say)
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-08-05 at 07:57 AM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

22. - Top - End - #1642
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I think that, until FFF ends and FI starts, Mad Mask shouldn't be allowed to do any more "planning".
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1643
    Ogre in the Playground

Good, would you oppose the TARDIS actually being in possession of the ALF? That would be a cause for more conflict.
    I don't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q
    Why does he need to impact the story by your definitions!?!

You have gone up 20 more super-villain points.
    Because I don't want FI to turn out like FFF, growing bloated under the sheer weight of its hundreds of unconnected sub plots. If you want to have a self-sustained sub plot, make either a spin-off fancomic or another archive. I want FI to be simple and understandable by anyone without having to trawl through 1500 strips that aren't even connected to the story !

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    DONT DO IT KERIS!
    She's Fayte's only link back to his old Pantheon!
    And besides... Shes a comic Relief character...

You cant even let high powered Comic Relief characters that will have no plot effect?
    Mad Mask... You are a Veelan! (as Hiro would say)
    Comic relief ? No plot effect ? Alright.

I'm just prejudiced against omnipotent beings, sorry.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-05 at 08:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1644
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Because I don't want FI to turn out like FFF, growing bloated under the sheer weight of its hundreds of unconnected sub plots. If you want to have a self-sustained sub plot, make either a spin-off fancomic or another archive. I want FI to be simple and understandable by anyone without having to trawl through 1500 strips that aren't even connected to the story !
    Making a plot going on in the same time but not in the political war of the UNA and the resistance sound fun :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #1645
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Making a plot going on in the same time but not in the political war of the UNA and the resistance sound fun :3
    Like Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back, except for year 1541 ? Of course !

26. - Top - End - #1646
    Ogre in the Playground

As Fayte said, she's not going to have any plot impact at all in the foreseeable future. If FI progresses to the point where a particular subplot becomes viable, she may be involved in that. But she'll just turn up for the odd joke in the main plot.

27. - Top - End - #1647
    Ogre in the Playground

As Fayte said, she's not going to have any plot impact at all in the foreseeable future. If FI progresses to the point where a particular subplot becomes viable, she may be involved in that. But she'll just turn up for the odd joke in the main plot.
    That's why I agreed with her being comic relief in one of my previous posts.

28. - Top - End - #1648
    Ogre in the Playground

That's why I agreed with her being comic relief in one of my previous posts.
    Yeah, I just though I'd expand upon what he said, she is my character after all.

29. - Top - End - #1649
    Banned

So! Do we have a list of participators and what faction they each belong to you?
    Last edited by X2; 2009-08-05 at 08:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1650
    Bugbear in the Playground

So! Do we have a list of participators and what faction they each belong to you?
    Yes.

I can see holes in it though...
    Spoiler
    Show