New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1711
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

I'm not entirely sure if I like the direction FI is taking.

For those of you wondering (i.e. no-one) why I haven't been around... new computer = no templates. No templates + extremely lazy person = no comics.

However, I have downloaded Inkscape... so uh, that's a start.

Sorry. But I have to ask one thing. Would a Monstruous Thrall last 15 years? :S

*only knows basic D&D*
    Last edited by Calamity; 2009-08-05 at 08:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

2. - Top - End - #1712
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

If anyone wants to play a male companion for the Observer PM me.

3. - Top - End - #1713
    Ogre in the Playground

Trying to work out if there is any non-overpowered way to have someone with time-stopping powers. Maybe if they only paused time for two-ish minutes, and time unfroze if hostile action was taken? I don't really plan on getting them into fights much anyways, and I might scrap the idea entirely, it was just a passing thought.

Would have to have a mighty recharge time methinks.

Edit: Better idea. Once a day (or two, if this is disagreeable), can turn the clock back 30 seconds?
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-08-05 at 11:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1714
    Bugbear in the Playground

How about, it's extremely exhausting and heavily fatigues the mage to do it, so (s)he's relatively ineffective during that time, especially when it's done for an extended period, plus after the time stop ends the character freezes for an equal amount of time. Perhaps just one of the two, if you like.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

5. - Top - End - #1715
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You know what? Screw you too crappy computer.

Illustrator is by far more stable than Inkscape, but that doesn't matter when your computer sucks and crashes. I need to save more.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #1716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post

For those of you wondering (i.e. no-one) why I haven't been around... new computer = no templates. No templates + extremely lazy person = no comics.

*only knows basic D&D*
    Wait... Where did you come from?

7. - Top - End - #1717
    Banned

I just bought Wrath of the Lich King

8. - Top - End - #1718
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry. But I have to ask one thing. Would a Monstrous Thrall last 15 years? :S
    Monstrous Thrall has a listed duration of "Instantaneous", it never expires.

9. - Top - End - #1719
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    I just bought Wrath of the Lich King
    I got that too.. Too bad the game got boring around level 23 or so
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #1720
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I got that too.. Too bad the game got boring around level 23 or so
    I play it casually.

11. - Top - End - #1721
    Ogre in the Playground

*only knows basic D&D*
    When I got my new computer I took the hard drive out of the old one and installed it to the new one. I have all my templates and old comics available on my computer that way.

Also @FI list:
    I thought Threeshades at least had some kind of squad leader position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Me too.

Just make sure you arrange for your resurrection prior to charging in battle with your sword.
    You kids and your technology. Don't you worry a resurrection won't be necessary. I might even leave the sword at home. It's just dead weight.

12. - Top - End - #1722
    Banned

@Q: I got an idea. Let's say that in ABR universe the Q Continuum and the Time Lords of Gallifrey don't get along and Q suspects The Observer when he shows up.

13. - Top - End - #1723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Monstrous Thrall has a listed duration of "Instantaneous", it never expires.
    Ah. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Wait... Where did you come from?
    Where indeed?

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

14. - Top - End - #1724
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you mean by that ?

15. - Top - End - #1725
    Banned

I get that a lot about TJH.

Oh! The burden of running a plot!
    Last edited by X2; 2009-08-06 at 07:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1726
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hmm, let's see...

-restrictions (well, they work to certain level of "no powergaming", but now they are just getting ridiculous)
    -The thing you can select who can take part to FI alone. A serious issue in my mind
    -The fact that there can be no "neutral" side. I know subplots taken to extreme are annoying, but demolishing them entirely? not cool.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2009-08-06 at 07:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1727
    Barbarian in the Playground

You did.

Also, I'm making the first comic of FI.

Really.

Who wants to be in it ? Could you please post your character bio ?

I'm just making it in advance, we won't immediately start FI when its finished.
    I would like Chriky to be in it. I posted a picture of him a few pages back and I think you now enough about his peronality to put him briefly in the comic. If you do need any other info feel free to ask.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1728
    Ogre in the Playground

@The Q: Can I use your character to make the monologue for the intro ? I'm pretty sure you wanted him to be somewhat important, and that would be a good step toward that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Hmm, let's see...

-restrictions (well, they work to certain level of "no powergaming", but now they are just getting ridiculous)
    -The thing you can select who can take part to FI alone. A serious issue in my mind
    -The fact that there can be no "neutral" side. I know subplots taken to extreme are annoying, but demolishing them entirely? not cool.
    1: I'm sorry. But the only characters that have been refused are Randomizer and Q's pokemon. Next time I'll be more tactful.
    2: Let's vote next time, okay ?
    3: There is a neutral side and there are subplots. It's just that there are to be no self-contained sub plots, if you know what I mean.

19. - Top - End - #1729
    Troll in the Playground

@The Q: Can I use your character to make the monologue for the intro ? I'm pretty sure you wanted him to be somewhat important, and that would be a good step toward that.
    You mean Red shirted Q or Green shirted Q?

Either way, go right ahead. But keep in mind that if it is Green shirted Q, that he won't be in his dark "Rorschach-ish" phase just yet. He can still be very insightful, but he'll still be pretty optimistic at this point until a point in between FFF and FI.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    @Q: I got an idea. Let's say that in ABR universe the Q Continuum and the Time Lords of Gallifrey don't get along and Q suspects The Observer when he shows up.
    The Q Continuum don't get along with anybody really. They have wars with all different kinds of forces in the universe, most famous being gods. So sure, that makes sense.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-06 at 08:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1730
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    You mean Red shirted Q or Green shirted Q?

Either way, go right ahead. But keep in mind that if it is Green shirted Q, that he won't be in his dark "Rorschach-ish" phase just yet. He can still be very insightful, but he'll still be pretty optimistic at this point until a point in between FFF and FI.
    I'm talking about the intro for FI and Green shirted Q.

What do you mean by "Rorschach-ish" ? Nihilistic, black-and-white morality and general detachment from humanity ? Or something else ?

21. - Top - End - #1731
    Troll in the Playground

I'm talking about the intro for FI and Green shirted Q.

What do you mean by "Rorschach-ish" ? Nihilistic, black-and-white morality and general detachment from humanity ? Or something else ?
    Oh. For FI, Green shirted Q is pretty depressed and has lost all hope. I guess all of those things describe him to some extent. Mostly I meant that he is dark, gritty, and he narrates his thoughts in a similar manner, though.

Also, the only thing he really cares about is revenge on the UNA. Because a couple of corrupt police officers killed his girlfriend (the lady who has appeared in my most recent FFF comic) he decides he's going to kill ALL of them (usually in a very gory, brutal way using his super strength and martial arts that might make him look like the bad guy) regardless of whether or not they have families or anything like that. I just thought you might like to know that, if you didn't already.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1732
    Ettin in the Playground

"The friendly neighborhood watch rounds the corner, smiling at their charges, as they offer their beatdowns to the blind populace.

The cities are an extension of the media, and all the news is moderated.

Walk down an alley and the truth shines brighter and hotter on face than the sun.

Moderation, rules, lies, corruption, conspiracy.

Rules were made to be broken, and when all the red tape of the regime finally falls down around it's ears the world will look to to the man with the scissors.

And crucify him."

Did my best, seems quite Rorschach-esque

23. - Top - End - #1733
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    "The friendly neighborhood watch rounds the corner, smiling at their charges, as they offer their beatdowns to the blind populace.

The cities are an extension of the media, and all the news is moderated.

Walk down an alley and the truth shines brighter and hotter on face than the sun.

Moderation, rules, lies, corruption, conspiracy.

Rules were made to be broken, and when all the red tape of the regime finally falls down around it's ears the world will look to to the man with the scissors.

And crucify him."

Did my best, seems quite Rorschach-esque
    Sounds nice We so need some UNA conspiracies by the way.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #1734

If we have conspiracies we also need a conspiracy theorist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

25. - Top - End - #1735
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I got my college laptop recently. It's awesome, but Inkscape hates it. Not to an Unworkable amount, but I have to save alot, and it does crash frequently.

and I could see GSQ as a Conspiracy Theorist. They type who reads INSincere, and believes every word of it.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-06 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #1736

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    and I could see GSQ as a Conspiracy Theorist. They type who reads INSincere, and believes every word of it.
    But I wanted to make one.
    It would be fun, I'd just make him a total idiot who stumbles across all the right stuff and draws all the wrong conclusions from it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

27. - Top - End - #1737
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But I wanted to make one.
    It would be fun, I'd just make him a total idiot who stumbles across all the right stuff and draws all the wrong conclusions from it.
    Ooh, that's good. Do that!

Idea, if he's not directly ALF affiliated, he could be the one person on the staff of INSincere whose not one of Them.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #1738

Idea, if he's not directly ALF affiliated, he could be the one person on the staff of INSincere whose not one of Them.
    I like that.
    Would he be able to tell the fake stories and spin from the real info?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

29. - Top - End - #1739
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I like that.
    Would he be able to tell the fake stories and spin from the real info?
    Considering that 95% of the stories are fake, probably not. He may not believe everything INSincire publishes, but he can't tell which ones are the fake conspiracies thought up for lulz, and which ones are the real schemes they are hiding.

In fact, he shouldn't know the newsletter's true purpose, instead believing it really is trying to get the truth out.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-06 at 10:23 AM.
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #1740

Considering that 95% of the stories are fake, probably not. He may not believe everything INSincire publishes, but he can't tell which ones are the fake conspiracies thought up for lulz, and which ones are the real schemes they are hiding.

In fact, he shouldn't know the newsletter's true purpose, instead believing it really is trying to get the truth out.
    That would mess up his conclusions even more.
    I'll see if I can draw something up.

Also, what would his position be?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda