New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Mutants and Masterminds: Chaos Blues [IC]

Introduction

Jornal entry #55, Year 20XX.

I remember the day when I woke up and discovered something was different with me when I saw myself in the mirror. It wasn't a dicease, cut or even acne, but something more subtle: my right eye iris now got a purple coloration. As I said before it wasn't a dicease. At first glance it looked a phisical problem with my eye but nobody except me saw any diference, then I went to a oftalmologist and he didn't detected any problems and before I considered it being a first sign of a problem in the brain (either phisical or psicological, who knows?) things gotten... weird.

If I look in retrospect purple eye is the most ordinary thing that changed in me. Does anybody can belive I'm writing this entry with my tail or that I fought with a godzilla ripoff this month? Doubt so.

This is the year 20XX where a somewhat high number of people started to get powers. Aside from that, the world is almost identical to the normal world: same events, people and problems. Except from one city, and the super powers of course: The Big Donut.

The city had many names in the past, and this isn't the official name it. It's most ancient name was, in the native language, the flower of the plains, because of the many flowers and herbs around the lake and the patern of the colors recembled a big flower while watching from a nearby hill, but with civilization and industrialization the view changed, and because of the fog sometimes the city looks like a big donut with chocolate cream on top. It's citizens are as sweet as any citizens from a big city. There are, however, still signs of the past beauty of the land: The Farm Lands.

This ring that circles the whole city is composed by massive farms and small agrarian comunities, and while still part of the city, have a certain degree of independence. The story starts in the farm lands, at the very start of the phenomenon that caused people to get it's powers.

OOC, everyone please read it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Please choose a color for your character speach. Also, ask for any information that your character might have. This first part is a quick introduction on the system, the setting and how each player may interact with everyone.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-08-23 at 01:36 PM.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Mutants and Masterminds: Chaos Blues [IC]

The Chiken Man, a local comedian from the Rose Theatre finaly got the official certificate from the police and became a 'special police force', being able to legaly arrest people in the farm lands now. He also finaly renewed his actor licence that was about to expire (both his chiken man and alter ego licences), and his ascencion to great beast Law Enforcement & Entertainment figure is now complete.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

In other words, your benefit is fully functional in the farm lands. Congrats!

To comemorate, he went to the coffe Big Donut's Small Donut.

There was only one waitress in the coffe at this time named Mary Westwood, a blond girl with average height in her late teens with a red ribbon on her long hair tied in a ponytail, a quite atractive girl with sincere green eyes. She at first glance already recognized and them greeted one of the coffe most famous regular costumer:

Oh, hello Chiken Man. You look energetic today! Any good news?
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-08-23 at 01:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Yep, finally got that new couch! Good thing, too; the other one was cursed by some kind of sorcerer to never switch to a back to a bed again." Chicken Man says, pouring the coffee down his beak opening. "Oh, and I got some new jurisdiction here. And the coffee, coffees always nice. Hold on, I think I've got some change here" He said, searching around his feathers.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

So you finaly got the jurisdiction for the farm lands. Good to hear. Oh, and the couch too.

But please, don't bother with the coffe. That one's for free for our now official guardian.

5. - Top - End - #5

Hmm, I wonder what she'd do for Golden Eagle. Chicken Man thinks. "Oh, hey, thanks! By the way, you wouldn't happen to know what's going on around here, would you? You know, around the city?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information check: (1d20+3)[5]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Just the usual, I guess. Nothing too big happening.

Why don't you try the second street? You can buy the newspaper there. I could offer you one, but the delivery kid didn't come today. Strange.

Spoiler
    Show

You know only the common knowledge: the farm lands are peaceful for now.
    Some of the farms with the best lands are controled by industrials and used to plant corn and soy. And the restaurant Chiken Heaven in the second street makes the most delicious chiken soup with rice and herbs in the farm lands.

Away from there in the Chiken Heaven restaurant, a strong looking guy with a backpack contemplates the place. It's been a while since he visited the farm lands with his relative and he heard good things about this place. Before going home from shopping he could eat here, but it's still indecise...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

That's you Demon's Eye
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-08-23 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Looks better then when I was young. Even more so now that he is not here. " He walks in and sets down looking around eying the waitress for a second. He calls her over " Miss can I get a menu here?

Ooc: If he can he Chicken Man in custom he asks whats going on. And sorry for the wait.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC: Don't worry, it's my fault anyway. Chiken man still didn't arrived, the action is happening at the same time.

Let me help you mister. Welcome to the Chiken Heaven. Says a tall, thin man with long black hair. His face is somewhat plain, except for his smile that seens too wide at first glance. Sorry for the mess, but we are rearranging the seats to better suit a special guest tonight. If you happen to come at that time please put a suit.

The inside have walls painted with chiken and farm motives, is decorated with flowers and is very colorful. You can see some business man in suits eating in some tables and in others you can see an average family, sugisting that this place is really popular. Half of the place have people rearranging the tables, cleaning and changing the decorations, however is coming looks realy important or famous.

He them brings you to a table and brings the menu. There are various chiken temed meals, vegetables accompaniments, non and alchoolic drinks (among them some more expensive wines) and fruits deserts. Most of the prices doesn't seen expensive with a few exceptions (most notably the wines).

In a different location, a bus is arriving at the forth street. A young, thin men with average looks but a very confident air takes off at this street. He doesn't have any particular business in this place, except that he knew someone important (or it was a celebrity? the source didn't made that clear) from the city is coming to a small restaurant in the farm lands. It's been just a few days since he managed to discover all the limits of his new found ability, and maybe a free dish with a side meal of being 'friendly' with the celebrity doesn't hurt, right? Unfortunately he couldn't find out the exact time to arrive or the exact directions, but he know the place to go is called "Chiken Heaven" and is somewhere in the second street.

OOC: That's you ChronicLunacy
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-08-26 at 09:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Milton Kingston

It had been absurdly easy to take a long weekend off from work, Milton thought with an amused smile. A few words to his boss and he had been awarded a bonus and some paid vacation time. He had decided recently to change his reclusive lifestyle and heading out into the Farm Lands on a bus (free of charge, of course) was just something that had struck him. Some nutter who dressed up like a chicken and called himself a superhero had some sort of fan club out here in redneck country and Milton thought it would be fun to go introduce himself. If all that came of it was a free lunch then that was fine, too.

"Chicken Heaven" he thought with a smile. I'm sure that's where every chicken wants to go when they die. Did fowl angels come grilled or fried?

Milton looked around, noting the complete lack of signage in the small, rural town with mild irritation. He was on Fourth Street, so Second had to be parallel to this one, but which direction? Probably closer to town center, he decided, and began walking off that way, crossing Third St., then turning in the direction of most activity on Second St. He didn't mind the short walk, as he didn't own a car and if you lived in the middle of a big city it was commonplace to walk or take the subway wherever you wanted to go. He was actually looking forward to "Chicken Heaven" despite the farm atmosphere. He'd heard that it was actually quite upscale for a small restaurant and boasted an impressive selection of wines. It was only lunch, but he thought about having a look at the wine list anyway.

As he walked, Milton looked into store windows, noting his thin reflection staring back at him. He looked like a thin little weakling, it was true, but he'd been surprised just how much a change of clothing, posture and attitude had done for his demeanor and general level of attractiveness. Even without his new talents, he'd been able to make headway with some of the more enticing young secretaries at his office. Not a month ago they wouldn't have looked at him twice. He reflection smirked back at him, reveling in the new confidence he'd gained, before he suddenly found himself staring at a chicken emblem on a window. He blinked and looked up at the sign on the door. It seemed he'd arrived.

The small bell on the door jingled as he pushed it lazily open before him and Milton was greeted with the sight of tables and chairs being rearranged and a handful of people being directed about to get ready for the big visit. He was glad that he hadn't arrived too late, since he'd wanted a chance to pick a nice table before the place got too crowded. Milton caught the eye of the man playing host and waited for him to finish with the customer in front of him.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Welcome mister. May I take you to your seat? Please excuse the mess, we are still in the preparation for tonigt special guest.

A waiter, around in his late twenties and only a little shorter tham Milton greets him. His voice is deep and gives an impression of being tired. In fact he was helping with moving the tables for a while but came back to his normal duties to help in the lunch time.

Please acompain me sir. I will bring the menu right away. And he shows the table Milton can have.

OOC: Either chiken man, street fighter or milton can act.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-08-29 at 09:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

After he orders his food duke gets board waiting for it, getting up he walks to the bathroom and washes his hands. He decides to walk around the place while his food finishes cooking and talks to those who answer him. after talking for a bit or when his food is done he heads over to his table and starts to eat.

12. - Top - End - #12

Wonder what to do next (since there has to something happening in a city like this), he goes out, leaving a tip on the counter next to a sepia paper cup with a swish of cold coffee still in it. Passing through the door, he sees a young man with an aura of authority around him waiting in line. Chicken Man thought he'd seen this person before at the police station when he first came here. He decided to go to him, since, if nothing else, he could probably tell him where he could find an officer.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Milton Notice check, DC 12 (1d20+12)[20]
    He doesn't have well informed, so he doesn't get to make a gather information check.

Chiken man arrived right before Milton, and with a quick glance to behind him he see a man with a chiken suit. Various thoughts form in his head ranging from expletives to an urge to laught. But the most simple is "what is this thing?".
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-01 at 10:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn roller...
    Street fighter notice check DC 10, (1d20)[3]
    He also doesn't have well informed, so he doesn't get a gather information check.

Street fighter is, horever, more interested in the food that just arrived. It really is, in fact, really good. Too good to be more precise as if the food carry over all the good feelings of his most happy days, either that or he was eating really !@#$ty instant lamen for a long time.

Edit: Again, everyone can act.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-01 at 10:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Milton Kingston

Milton had to put a hand over his mouth to stifle the laughter that came unbidden at the sight of the Chicken Man. He looked completely ridiculous, but really...what grown man dressed as a chicken wouldn't? This made the whole trip worth it, he thought to himself as he managed to reduce his urge to break out in barking laughter to an amused smirk. He followed the host to his seat while staring at the Chicken Man, wondering what kind of person could stand to go outside dressed like that.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC, please read
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note that Milton doesn't know that the man in a chiken costume have the official name of "Chiken Man". He is a semi-celebrity only at the farm lands (yet, at least) and outside it nobody knows about him. Also, sorry for the delay.

Milton followed the waiter and waited the menu, and from the seat he was able to take a good look from all the restaurant. They where still changing the decoration but stopped moving tables, and the place started to get more flower arrangements.

The same waiter that talked with Milton them went to talk with Chiken Man.

Oh, welcome Chiken Man. Unfortunately your usual table is where a special guest and it's accompaniments for tonight will come. There are, however, other tables at disposition. But please, finish your coffe before.

On the outside an old model truck with aparently twenty people in it stops in the middle of the street, when all the people inside went out. Some of them where armed with guns and some where unarmed. The people in the street where already terrorized enough when the driver went out from the veicle: a tall, muscular (to the point of ridiculous) man stares at the place.

Go and play for a while. If the police comes tell me, I'm going back to sleep in the truck until the big bro' arrives.

And them he went back to the truck to take a nap.

From the inside of the Chiken Heaven restaurant, gun shots and screams of terror can be heard. Five people armed with pistols are heading directly to the place and are about enter.

OOC, please read
    Spoiler
    Show

GM FIAT: Can't prevent the first deaths.

Ok, since you couldn't prevent the first deaths everyone gain it's first non-feat related Hero Point. Since trying to stop them to prevent more civilian deaths is the whole point of this, no one will gain aditional Hero Points if they take hostages, treaten to blow up the restaurant and more general evilness.

The order of action for now is Chiken Man, Street Figther and Milton. Note that this isn't first round of combat neither is the surprise round, but rater a preparation round that will define who will do what and it's happening exactly at the same time. The restaurant doesn't have windows in the direction of the street so nobody actualy saw anything, and the door doesn't let people outside the restaurant see the inside.

After everyone acted the actual fight will start, and can roll for initiative at the end of your action.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Milton Kingston

At the sound of the first gunshot, Milton rose from his seat and set his menu down. He heard the screams of the wounded and the dying and his eyes immediately sought out the nearest exit. He wasn't a fighter, and he wasn't good enough yet to affect more than one target with his power at a time, (besides, he was a coward) so his instincts immediately told him to flee to save his own hide and/or find a better setting that was more conducive to his strengths. He could go back through the kitchen, he thought. There had to be a back exit or an emergency fire exit somewhere back there. As he calmly turned to walk into the kitchen he fished his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed 911. He forced himself not to run and to stay calm as he sought out his escape, wondering how many, if any of them, would try to go around back and cut him off.

"Hello, police? I'm at the Chicken Heaven restaurant on Second St. Over a dozen armed men have stormed the building and have already begun shooting people. Please send help." he explained to the 911 operator.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Duke tenses as he hears the shot and a faded memory comes to mind. He moves slowly under the table pulling out his sword in this backpack and readies himself to teleport hoping he does not throw up this time as he was still getting use to it. He unleashed the clasp of the weapon leting him draw it slowly waiting to see an enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[17] Init

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will wait a bit for Otogi before resuming action.

20. - Top - End - #20

Chickenman rushes to the front door. "Stop, in the name of BEAST!" he says the gun carriers.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[27]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Gangsters Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shotgun guy (1d20+1)[6]
    Pistol guy 1 (1d20+1)[7]
    Pistol guy 2 (1d20+1)[17]
    Pistol guy 3 (1d20+1)[21]

For Milton only
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry but every single patrol car is in the center of the city. Something... unusual appeared there. We are currently receiving help but it may take some time to free some cars. Try to take cover and find a safe place, when we manage this problem we are going send help ASAP to your place.
    This is in response to your phone call, you may act normaly with everyone. You are not required to fight and can try to escape, but it's still risky.

Otogi, your turn. The door is still closed but you can open it as part of your move action.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-06 at 01:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Forgot one initiative: Pistol guy 4 (1d20+1)[17]

Initiative order
    Spoiler
    Show

Chiken Man 27
    PG3 21
    Street fighter 17
    Milton 17
    PG4 17
    PG2 17
    PG1 7
    Shotgun guy 6

To speed game play you can post your actions in advance if you wish.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-06 at 01:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Duke teleports behind the gun wielder and attempts to disarm him.

(1d20+14)[29] Attack roll

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Four of them use guns, while one of them use a shotgun. Any preference?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Shotgun...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Demons_eye: You can make all rolls you seen necessary. Let's put this dice roller to work

Shotgun guy: Disarm check - (1d20+5)[17]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Milton Kingston

"Are you kidding me? They're not just threatening to shoot us, they've actually done it!" Milton hissed into his cell phone. "What happened to protect and serve, you imbecilic cow!?" he fumbled with the cell phone in frustration until he hit the end call button and stuffed it back in his pocket.

Damn it, Milton. At this rate, you're going to have to do something about this yourself. he cursed silently as he made his way around the back of the building, nearly gluing himself to the wall in an effort to remain unnoticed. His primary concern was to save his own hide, but could he really let a pickup full of these morons execute an entire restaurant full of people? Milton Kingston was about as far away from one of those idiotic superheroes as you could possibly get, but for some reason the universe tended to do this to anyone lucky enough to get special powers. Good always came with an equal amount of bad.

"Ahhh, sod it." he growled to himself as he crept around the side back toward the front of the restaurant and tried to get a read on the situation there.

Spoiler
    Show
    If no one stops him, Milton will head out the back door and then head around the side of the building back toward the front.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

ChronicLunacy only
    Spoiler
    Show

There isn't any obvious enemy in the restaurant coming from the backdoors and the waiters are trying to help the customers that had the same idea in order to run from it. They are trying to calm down everyone and you are treated like a normal customer that is in panic.

On the top of whatever you want to do, make a listen check DC 20 (the place is noisy)

Demons_eye
    You hit him, make the disarm check.
    You were sucessful on your disarm check, now roll for Str vs Damage.

OOC I will wait until tomorow, if Otogi doesn't answer them I will move his char.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-11 at 05:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Chicken Man decides on the best and most subtle plan he can muster right now: he runs up and decides to punch the nearest human being with some sort of weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[17], Strike DC 20

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Roll to determine witch pistol guy you are going to hit (they aren't minions, by the way).
    Pistol guy: (1d4)[3]

Toughness: (1d20+1)[17]

Fail by >5, stunned.

They are all flat-footed in the chiken man turn since they couldn't see him coming from the door.

Initiative order
    Spoiler
    Show

Chiken Man 27, --Attacked PG3
    PG3 21, --Attacked Chiken man, Bruised 1
    Street fighter 17, --Failed to disarm shotgun guy
    Milton 17, --Trying to run from the backdoors
    PG4 17, --
    PG2 17, --
    PG1 7, --
    Shotgun guy 6

Chiken man hit one of the guys with the pistols with his... plastic cup of coffe and a punch into his face. The one hit is the third from the right (his name is "Ternario", but that's not important nor any of you guys know it).

He appears to be bruised He is still feeling the damage from before and everyone is surprised because someone got stupid enough to face man to man someone armed (the chiken suit may helped with the surprise in a different way).

However their surprise didn't last too long.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2009-09-12 at 10:45 AM.