New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default PEACE II: War and PEACE

We are known as the
    People of Established Antagonism, Chaos, and Evil
    (P.E.A.C.E.)

We are an ironically named evil organization that believes in semi-serious roleplaying, plots, and villainy.

PEACE RULES!
    PUN
    1. Follow the forum rules
    2. No godmodding
    3. No trying to become leader or killing the current leader
    4. No spamtalk (ie. seemingly pointless dialogue made up of one-line posts that eat through two or three pages)
    5. No anti-matter
    6. No teleporting past the lobby unless a member (that includes manifesting, appearing, etc)
    7. Entirely OOC posts go here
    8. Keep romance plots to a minimal (preferably none at all considering how poorly they tend to go)

To post past the lobby, you MUST go through any of the trials listed in the non-members section of this post ONCE. To go past the main room, you MUST become a member (or be guided by a member). If you wish to become a member, you MUST fill fill out an application form and tell us your name (OOC at least)!

Non-members please read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you stand in the lobby of PEACE you will notice four swirling portals in front of you. They are labeled from left to right: Intellect, Strength, Skill, Wisdom. To your right there's a booth entitled "Information Booth/Charisma Trial". Inside is whatever gendered species your subconscious desires (if you are a robot then you will see a robot). Other people may see different things. The being in the booth is protected from any and all attacks by an ancient, all powerful barrier known as a "Glass Separator". To your left is the coat check, but they seem to have misspelled 'check' as 'Incinerator'.

To enter PEACE for the first time you must face one of five trials alone! You can RP past them yourself, unless it's the trial of Wisdom.

Intellect
    Spoiler
    Show
    You enter a fully lit 10x10 room. There is a portrait on each side of the room, and a door across from where you entered. Both portraits are seemingly identical, but with small differences. Both have pieces of chalk underneath them. Engraved on each portraits frame are the words: What's the difference?

There are 15 differences in each painting. Some are easy, but others can be mind boggling. If you make three mistakes you will be shot by guns loaded with vorpal bullets.

Paintings vary from visit to visit.

Strength
    Spoiler
    Show
    You enter a fully lit 10x10 room. At the opposite end of the room is a doorway blocked by a very heavy object. The object simply says: Remove me and you may pass.

If you become fatigued you will be shot by guns loaded with vorpal bullets.

Skill
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are in a dimly lit, 10x10 room. At the other end of the room is a locked door. To the right side is a hole. At the end of the hole is a target that, when hit, will open the door.

To pass this trial you must be good with lockpicking, or have good aim to hit the target. If you fail three times to pick the lock or hit the target then you will be shot by guns loaded with vorpal bullets.

Wisdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    This one is a bit tricky.

You enter a well lit 15x15 room. There are two doors. Between both doors is a frog. It tells you "Only one door leads to safety. You may ask me three 'yes or no' questions to determine which door is safe."

PM Blue Umbrella your questions, and he'll give you the answers. Yes, this is to test the actual wisdom of a character so they don't turn out to be absent-minded even though they say they are wise.

If you fail this trial you will be shot by guns loaded with vorpal bullets.

The second you exit the room your memory of how you solved the puzzle will be lost. That includes all records that you may have made of it.

Charisma
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple. Seduce/entertain the being in the Charisma/Information booth enough to let you in.

If you are charismatic enough you will be let in. If you are not then your advances will be shot down, literally. Guns loaded with Trial approved vorpal bullets will shoot you dead.

The creature in the booth is immune to all mind effecting spells/abilities/gadgetry.

You decide how things go in each room except the trial of wisdom.

In the event of death during a trial

In the event of death/destruction, your body will either have True Resurrection cast upon it, or be spontaneously reconstructed. After which you will instantly be teleported back to the lobby.

We may be evil, but we're not bad sports. Well, some of us may be.

Once past a trial you are on your own. If you die, then you die. If you are destroyed, then you are destroyed.

Notes:

1. By 'vorpal', we mean that it will kill/destroy you, and not cut off your head. Although, it will do that too for comedic purposes. There are no saves or resistance for these specific vorpal attacks. Any type of vorpal attack that is not a result of trial faliure will be treated as normal.

2. If multiple people enter a single trial at once, or while someone else is in one, then the people who came in after the first person will be teleported to individual trial chambers identical to the one they tried to enter.

3. Characters are affected by a communication blocker once inside the room. It just stops you from talking to people outside the room until you leave the trial.

4. Lastly: If you complete any of the 5 trials then you can come and go freely. You can only teleport/appear/whatever up to the lobby unless you become a member.

Membership
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you have completed one of the five trials, you may apply for membership. There are applications posted by the door.

PM BU a link to your application post, so he can add you as a member more easily!

PEACE Application Form

Name/Nickname: ____________________
    Titles (if any): ____________________
    Alignment: __________

Optional Section

Size of ego (small/medium/large): __________
    Number of people who probably hate you: __________
    Number of people you've killed: __________
    Number of people you've left for dead that probably escaped to fight another day: __________
    Number of cuddly things you've ever pet: __________
    Number of cuddly things you've ever taken the life of: __________
    Class: ____________________
    Race: ____________________
    Level: __________
    Why do you want to join PEACE? __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Really? __________
    If not, then please state the real reason here:
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Any other important information? __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Reason(s) why we should even trust you: __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Reason(s) why we should distrust you: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Signature

If you sign Alignment as 'good' you will be teleported outside and will have to do a trial all over again. The one(s) you already did will block you from accessing them. As well, if you lie about being evil the same thing will happen.

And a release form...

PEACE Release Form

I, ____________________, in no way relinquish ownership of my soul to PEACE, but I agree to bind it to PEACE for the purpose of not being killed off for real.
    Or for robots...

PEACE Release Form

I, ____________________, in no way relinquish ownership of my body to PEACE, but allow them possession of my backup files for the purpose of not being killed off for real.

Members please read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations! You are a member!

In the event of death: Your soul is now bound to this location, so if you die you will reappear here! If you're a robot/cyborg then you will have your memory files stored away in an inaccessible area. If the computer detects your destruction it will create a new copy of you.

Once your body is reconstructed you will need to rest/recalibrate some circuits for about a week. This prevents you from making constant attacks on other ACRONYMS that will probably fail anyways. This also encourages you to come up with better schemes/PLOTs. (if any)

Your room: It's like a pocket dimension available just to you. It can be any size, and comes with a bed. Everything else must be supplied by you.

About PEACE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evil Overlord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our leader is an NPC. They are invulnerable, and cannot be removed from the throne. Any attempts at harming/annoying our leader will result in the attacker(s) being cast into oblivion for a whole day before they can even attempt their attack. There is no chance for resisting, or saying "I'm immune". All attempts to escape from Oblivion, no matter your abilities, will fail. You'll just have to wait it out.

There are warning signs around to tell you this, but they are written in very small letters.

Baseline: Stay away from the leader! Do not try to become leader! Members and non-members alike!

The Interns (Guards)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pathetic goblin interns that work as guards. They hope that one day they will be worthy of a villainous title, but until then they are simply goons. They act like any cowardly mook would when faced with danger. They'll attack each hero one at a time, and if all hope seems lost they'll run away in terror. They are prone to intimidation.

Members are disallowed from killing them. Non-members are frowned upon if they kill them.
    Defenses
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other than the building itself being invulnerable to all attacks, good aligned individuals that enter the building will be at 10% capability. It doesn't matter if they are immune, hide their alignment, or are part robot; They are just about powerless inside PEACE.
    Layout
    Spoiler
    Show
    The layout of PEACE changes often, and randomly. Only members can figure out how to get around the base. Non-members will be running blind.

The only sure rooms that never move are the main room, and the ball room.

The main room is the first room you will enter once past the trial rooms. The ball room is opposite to the entrance, up a dual staircase. Their appearance changes sometimes to fit the preferences of members.
    Members
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Character|Player
    Alice Ratavo|Vespe Ratavo
    Antony Watkin|Blue Umbrella
    Calublufiok|Reinholdt
    Chak'Gak|Earl of Purple
    Custard|banjo1985
    Darkcomet|Darkcomet
    Decker|happyturtle
    Devlin Ratavo|Vespe Ratavo
    Fostire|LordRod
    Hestia Cyanide|KidKris
    KR|KidKris
    LaRoth, Dr.|Kaelaroth
    Ludovic Sanceo|Duos
    Magtok|Lord Magtok
    Michael|Bergett
    Michalson|M0rt
    Noir|Noir_Cat
    Norun Orshikk|Goblin Music
    Onion, The|Lex-kat
    Scarlet|Shades of gray
    Skrall|KerfuffleMach2
    Third, The|Gnrlshrimp
    Tyler Vanden|Raistlin1040
    Wilhelm Saalas|thanatos5150
    Xyfets|Uncle Festy[/table]

Founders
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are none. PEACE has always, and shall forever exist. Or at least until the forums shut down... but even then, it shall forever remain in our memories. Well, until we forget about it from Alzheimer's or something.

Past Threads

FAQ
    Spoiler
    Show
    How will new threads be named?

A member of PEACE who has posted between pages 1 and 10 will be randomly selected to name the next thread. If they don't send in a name by the time the next thread starts a runner up who is currently online will be given naming privileges.

If you win: PM Blue Umbrella what you want to name the next thread.
    If that's how you name them, then how will you start new threads?

If magic doesn't work Blue Umbrella will start it. He'll name it to whatever the title lottery winner wants as long as it's within forums rules.
    Do we really need another one of those darned ACRONYM-thingies?

Oh, you're just jealous!
    Another evil-aligned one? Why isn't AMEN good enough?

We'd rather plan the deaths of the good guys, make a plot based on those plans, and fail somewhere between the freeze ray and the death ray scenes (or, y'know, win).

AMEN is a place to hang out for mutual killing, and conversing on the many ways they've killed each other. It's fun, but different from us.

To make ACRONYM people happy, PEACE was made to take the many plot dwellers off AMEN's back.
    Who's eviler; you or AMEN?

We're eviler, but they're ebiler.
    What if I'm too lazy to do the trials?

Then just say "I make it past the trial of <blah> and enter PEACE"

You don't have to make a big entrance, but it could certainly make your character look more interesting.
    How do I join?

If this is your first visit you'll have to do a trial before you're able enter the inner areas of PEACE. Once you complete one you can take an application form from wherever, fill it in, crumple it up and throw it at one of the interns. They'll pick it up and file it somewhere safe.
    Can anyone post in this thread?

Yes, but only as long as they follow the rules of this thread and the forum.
    What should I do if I don't want to join, but I want to have a PLOT with you?

You can enter this place even if you're good, but you MUST enter through the front entrance! Doing a plot depends on the people who are going to be involved.
    Will you be following all the Evil tropes? Specifically, do you have a Load Bearing Boss?

We may and we may not. That really depends on the members themselves. We do have a load bearing boss, but they cannot be killed. Ever. Our leader doesn't attack you, so don't attack them.
    What gender is the Evil Overlord?

THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION!
    Why goblin interns?

They're weak, cowardly and expendable. Plus, we don't have to pay them if they're interns.
    Isn't 'evil' and 'antagonism' the same thing?

No, it's not. Antagonism is determined by who the enemy is in a story. The enemy could be good guys, or bad guys. It all depends on who the story is being written for.

Evil, however, stays the same. Although it's meaning can be twisted, it will generally be as you know it to always be. Sometimes the story calls for both sides to be evil.
    Is there an easier way to figure out what number the thread is?

Yes

Thread Namer

The Festman, old Festmizer, the Festinator, good ol' Uncle Festy.
    Last edited by Boo; 2009-02-11 at 11:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PEACE II: War and PEACE

W00t! Thread namer and 1st post for the win!
    And to celebrate?
    Um… I dunno. I'll figure it out in the morning.
    <.<
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Calublufiok examines the fate of the new thread.
    And nods approvingly.
    To celebrate he kicks an intern out of his way and goes to his room to ponder recent events and prepare diabolical plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Decker (whose player is taking a short break from housework, but will still only be posting sporadically until it is done) comes to PEACE to look for Vidalia. And presumably finds her outside Clara's door?
    Vidalia, who finds that she can't get into Clara's room, is found by Decker, sleeping next to her door, in the form of a tiny baby onion.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

((I think you missed this post, Lex. Apparently Decker didn't see the teeny onion. ))

After waiting a while for Vidalia, Decker starts getting lonely and restless. Of course what she really wants is the other half of her soul, but she tells herself that getting back to Butler will help. And it probably will.

She leaves Vidalia a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Decker's Note
    Dear Vidalia,

Me and Butler miss you. Please come see us at GLoG! Pretty please?

Love,
    Decker
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Vidalia, who finds that she can't get into Clara's room, is found by Decker, sleeping next to her door, in the form of a tiny baby onion.
    The onion may find itself violently stamped upon. By an angry, angry chlorokinetic, who's also using her powers to try and drain the life out of Vidalia.

Clara = RAGE!
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Vidalia reforms into her veggie form. Clara! I'm sorry for what everything I've done. She cries, but doesn't move, just accepts the abuse.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Vidalia reforms into her veggie form. Clara! I'm sorry for what everything I've done. She cries, but doesn't move, just accepts the abuse.
    Well, Clara's actually trying to kill her, not abuse her. So, if she takes the abuse, she may end up reduced to a withered husk of a plant, as, angry, Clara, she of delicate sensibilities, tries to pull the life out of her.

And, for good measure, throw non-specific weedkiller on her.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Well then, unless someone comes along and stops Clara, Vidalia will get her wish, and die.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

The shadowmancer, appears in a solid form not a shadow and will try and restrain Clara with shadow tentacles. (He was here before...just not solid.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Pour, pour, pour! Liberally pour the weedkiller!
    As you stamp, and stamp, and stamp, and the hussy!

Yeah, Vidalia's not exactly giving up, her eyes are full of tears, and hatred, though. Shortly, though, the tentacle block her physical stamping, though the life-draining continues, and the weedkiller won't exactly stop with the burny doom, eh?
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

12. - Top - End - #12

The Shadowmancer will try and teleport Vidalia to his lair... Which is a long way away.

The tentacles with attempt to tickle Clara well holding her to break her concentration.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

As if. Clara's wearing thick layers of spellstiched corsets. None can tickle her!
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

((Kaela, Vidalia's not the one pouring weed killer on herself. ))

Vidalia is teleported. She is severly weakened and dying fast.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Clara bursts into tears. Fairly predictably, true, but still. It's her reaction.
    Man, she wanted to kill that onion. Already, plans are forming in her head.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

16. - Top - End - #16

(I don't actually have a thread for his lair.. So I'll just post here.)
    Shadowmancers Lair.
    She arrives in a small room that seems to have no walls it is made of living shadow. She will see a small shadow creature that scampers over to her. Can I get you anything?

Peace

The shadowmancer will grin at Clara. Don't you hate it when that happens?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Clara isn't in the mood. She walks away, managing to break free of his tentacles.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

18. - Top - End - #18

The shadowmancer will fade away laughing to himself..

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    The shadowmancer will fade away laughing to himself..
    ((... Well, that was random.))

Clara goes into her room, closing the door behind her. Should anyone care, after a little while, they'll hear her cease to cry, as she begins to work.
    ((deadtime))
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

20. - Top - End - #20

(Yes, yes it was)

Shadowmancers Lair.

The shadowmancer appears.. and looks at the onion. So..what was that about?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Vidalia is dying, on the floor, her leaves are shrivelling and browning quickly. She just cries.

22. - Top - End - #22

Shadowmancers Lair.

The shadowmancer watches her..not really sure what to do to a plant.
    He throws a healing spell at her to see what happens.
    Last edited by celtois; 2009-01-18 at 03:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Vidalia stabalizes, but she is still weak and crying.

24. - Top - End - #24

Shadowmancers lair.

The shadowmancer will start to walk away chuckling to himself. Two people sad for the price of one. Perfect just perfect.

25. - Top - End - #25

Ludovic warps into the main room. He's not wearing his helm anymore, his featureless grey face unobscured. He checks his watch, then vanishes in a flash of light. He leaves behind his breifcase on a table, with a note marked in clear, precise penmanship:
    "For Sir Martin. Any others, do not open, unless it is an emergency and you need something to throw at a monster or somesuch. We'd hate to have to educate you about the definition of emergency."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Norun walks about the main room humming a tune

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

A man walks in, carrying a large sniper rifle with him. He looks as though he's seen quite his share of battle: The scars across his face tell all, and he's rather old to boot. Though not absurdly so. He heads into the trial of Skill, and takes aim at the target.

One... Two...

He fires, and the door opens. He fills out an application:

PEACE Application Form

Name/Nickname: Drelin
    Titles (if any): General
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Optional Section

Size of ego (small/medium/large): Small
    Number of people who probably hate you: Would be quite a number of people. But they're dead.
    Number of people you've killed: Directly? A few dozen, on special assassination missions. Indirectly? I've killed entire cities.
    Number of people you've left for dead that probably escaped to fight another day: None. None of my targets survived.
    Number of cuddly things you've ever pet: None.
    Number of cuddly things you've ever taken the life of: See "killed entire cities".
    Race: Human
    Why do you want to join PEACE?
    I'm out of a job. I failed at a command post years ago, and I'm finally coming back.
    Really? Yes.
    Reason(s) why we should even trust you:
    I'm Lawful Evil.
    Reason(s) why we should distrust you:
    I'm also a sniper who would kill you if you annoyed me too much.

Signature

Drelin
    DC's got a new character.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Vidalia steps into the main room. She looks around confused. The place looks familiar, yet, she has no idea why.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

General Drelin walks back into PEACE, still carrying his sniper rifle.

He spots Vidalia.

I take it you're another member?
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Member? Where am I?