New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Does anyone here produce films?

Just wondering

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Does anyone here produce films?

Well, probably film producers are too busy to hang out on message boards ...

Seriously, I've written a couple screenplays, but who hasn't? I was also an extra in a couple indie films. The college kids going to school for film around here will sometimes need extras for their theses and I can usually get a hot meal out of it.

I thought about making my own short film once but the guy I wanted to play the male lead ended up in rehab and then inexplicably in Russia, and I could neither find a lead actress nor put together enough money to rent a girl, and also I don't have a camera, so that was just depressing all around.

*feels disenfranchised*
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I produced a student film last year, if that's what you mean.
    It's pretty easy work, compared to camera work. I'm telling you, the camera has it in for me.
    Goddamn white balance.
    Ceika is a beautiful, wonderful person. The avatar was made by his/her great talent, and depending on his/her sex and sexuality, I either have a giant crush or a totally appropriate liking for him/her.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes. I work for a local gonverment channel call C-GOV. Although we mainly produce Public Service Announcements, Documentaries, and How-To type videos. My degree is in Mass Communications with a concentration in Broadcast Technology (my actual position is Broadcast Engineer, but I still do a lot of filming and editing). Here's a link to some of our stuff. Mind you, it's very boring stuff!!

http://www.cppj.net/index.aspx?page=841
    Thanks to DarkCorax for the "Gnome Wizard", which holds a special place in my heart as it's the first DnD character I'd ever made.

Live everyday like it's your last and one day, you'll be right.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I produce a local cable access music show, but no film type stuff. I have a couple of clips from the show here.

The station has a really cool program where they sponsor a short film festival. It starts with a script contest, top 10 get on the production list, then the help the filmmakers get in contact with actors and crew, help out with filming permits, etc. What's amazing is than in 9 years, 88 of the 90 scripts selected have been successfully completed.

I might see about participating next year.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I made a documentary, but it never saw the screen.

The Local public access station was managed by a guy who was gay and dating my brother. My brother dumped him and my work got buried.

Stupid spiteful guy....*growls*

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”