New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG XXXVI: Curse You, Dramatic Irony!

Misaki nods at the revitalized Fanboy. "Y-you're welcome." She's rocking slightly back and forth in her sitting position, still a little afraid of him.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-07-26 at 09:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meridian the ferret sniffs around and locates Misaki in the Great Room. He hunches his way across the floor on a little ferret hop, then twines his body around Misaki's ankle. Glancing up, his mental voice is tinged with concern. What's wrong, Misaki?
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2009-07-26 at 09:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I get the exact same problem.

A drone comes up with clothes. And a screen.

Thanks.
    A few moments later, after some audible rustling, and some struggle with the drones who had to fly back and forth for away bringing various outfits of different winter tones, she eventually emerged in a simple, but functional, cyan top that exposed a very small portion of her middriff, and a set of navy blue jeans that hung rather loosely around her waist, and knees, but otherwise seemed to fit nicely.

She did a little turn to show off a bit, one thing about Venrai, she was everything but humble when it came to herself.

"This better?"

__________________________________________________ ______________

Fanboy shakes his head a bit, a throbbing head ache filling his head as the blood balance in his body was restored, and he began to feel a little better.

He then noticed that the little one who had saved him was looking rather anxious, and afraid. He quirked a eye brow at this, before saying.

"What's the matter..... I'm sorry. I forgot to ask you your name. I'm Fan Boy Amakirr. Thank you for saving me, and it's nice to meet you."
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-26 at 09:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it is.

Are you a member already? I only joined yesterday.

{{Next post Deadtime, because I really need to sleep}}

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

((Misaki is in the Great Room with a scaaaaary vampire.))

Misaki got to her feet. "I-I'm Misaki. Pleased to meet you." She does her traditional curtsy to him.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Okay, need to sleep now}}

After hearing the reply, a deadtime ooze drops on Ryuan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Jazirian comes down from the President's Office, figuring that whatever it was, he could handle it himself. Jazirian himself, is, for Fanboy's benefit, looking exactly like my avatar, or this drawing, with the addition of twin holsters at his waist, one the receptacle of a Colt Diamondback, the other a Covenant Needler. There's a Plasma Pistol in his hand. He spots Venrai, and a slow smile spreads across his face.
    "Broodmate! It's good to see you!"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2009-07-26 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy, the throbbing in his head reduced to a dull pounding, as he finally stood up as well to his full 6"6 head and shoulders, rolling the stiff joints back into a useful position that didn't involve painful cramping, this unfortuantely included a massive jaw opening yawn that revealed the fact that most of his teeth were in fact rather pointy, as he said.

"URGH. Ah, that's better. It's nice to meet you Misaki."

He then looked to down to see the Ferret, and said with a tone of playful curiosity in his voice.

"Who's your cute little friend there?"

__________________________________________________ _

Venrai quirked a starlight colored eye brow, not sure exactly what he meant by "already a member" she was born here, but she didn't know about any sort of membership process, as she said, her sly voice less booming now that it had to cope with smaller vocal chords.

"Memebership?"

She then sees Jazirian, and a smile of her own, white as she has yet to sully them with food, and lack of brushings, and went to embrace her brood mate in the human "hug" she had often seen friends do during her brief foray here long ago.

"Jazirian, it is good to see you are well!"
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-26 at 09:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Misaki has started to tremble like a little leaf. He's so big! And his teeth...!

Quailing in front of him, Misaki says, "H-he's Meridian."

10. - Top - End - #160

Meridian. The low, male voice is projected into the vampire's head. He notes the fangs and thinks just one thing - carnivore. He stands in front of the girl, back hunched up defensively. As if he could protect her from this guy. What did you do to frighten her?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Jazirian hugs her back, naturally of course, being used to his human form, before stepping back slightly.
    "It's been a while, hasn't it? How are you?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy is rather confused... Had he really been away long enough that the once commonly known friendliness of his had become known only to his old friends, and acquiantineses, and why was the ferret defending the girl, who was shaking like a leaf, from him?

"I.. I.. I don't know. What's the matter, and why is she shaking like that? Is she ill or some such?"

__________________________________________________ _________________

Venrai parts the hug as well, although she only began to release when Jazarian did, which may have resulted in a hug that was "just a little too long".

Her eyes appraise Jaziarian's human form, it had a lot of elements she would have expected, but he really had changed in all this time. She then looked up rather abruptly when Jaziriain began to speak, and when finished she said.

"Too long Jazairian. Now, what is this "membership" the other one mentioned before covering himself in some sort of ooze?"
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-26 at 09:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh that, it's just a... formality of a sort, so that we know that they're a part of the organization."

Unfortunately, he too is coated with the ooze as he ((deadtimes))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2009-07-26 at 09:59 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

You look and smell like a carnivore. Surely the girl must sense it too. The ferret is sniffing the vampire. If he's here, in theory, he should be a good guy. But Meridian DID see Marcos in here the other day.
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2009-07-26 at 10:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

"U-um..." Misaki didn't want to make him angry, but.... "Y-you look like a monster..."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy chuckled a bit at this, how could he have forgotten that even though he was a champion of good, he was still the stuff of nightmares to small children. Ah, the child was young, so it was a natural fear. He'd merely have to enlighten her as to why he was allowed in this building in the first place.

"Oh? Yes. I am in a sense a monster, no sense in lying to you, but I'm the kind of monster that goes after the bad people who hurt other people. You see, I'm going to tell you a story about myself Misaki, if you'll be kind enough to listen, and stop shaking that is.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Misaki gives him a tiny nod and tries to hold herself still. She's going along with it because she's afraid of displeasing him and making him angry.

18. - Top - End - #168

Meridian scampers up Misaki's legs and curls up around her neck, nuzzling her with his tiny face for comfort. I'm here - it'll be alright.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Misaki relaxes a bit and reaches up a hand to pet the ferret, grateful for his presence.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy smiles, while she was obviously still afraid, it was good to see that she had at least stopped herself shaking, and he began to tell her his tale.

"You see, I used to be one of those bad people your afraid of, one who would hurt other people, and do bad things for no feasible reason. However, that was because I was scared like you are now, people don't like me because of what I am, and what I did, so I lashed out in response to try to make them go away, because I thought I was alone in the world, doomed to live forever spited by the world, and for a while I was. Then I met someone, she was bad like I was, but she was doing it to impress someone who meant a lot to her, and that person had just hurt her really bad at the time. I was there, doing ... well I don't quite know, but when I heard her crying, something inside me stirred, reminding me of the days when I was a good person, like I am now, and I found out how this person had hurt her, and at first I was angry, but when she explained it more, I began to feel for her, and relate, and suddenly, the world didn't seem so hate filled anymore.

After that, we had a few meetings, and fell in love, and I made this place with some help from the working people along with a Saint, a pixie, a girl who's gone now, and the light of my life who would later become my wife. After a short time however, things began to break apart again, the girl Annalee was her name, vanished one day never to be found again, Saint Nil went into hiding because of all the work he had to do, and the organization I had helped build began to fall down around me because of bad people who didn't like us, or the GLoG.

Then me, and Chelonie got married, and many other details I'll fill in later if asked, the new leaders of GLoG were elected, as this is a democratic organization, and Chelonie got sick after our daughter died, and my son vanished, but thats a different story, and now... Well here I

He then takes a deep breath, that had been.. quite.. the exposition, and he didn't want to over load the girl quite yet.

"And that is why I'm here. I'm not here to hurt you, or anyone else who tries to help other people in these walls. I'm here to keep the big, mean, nasty monsters out."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary Room 2]

Chelonie remains comatose, while her player fondly remembers the early days of GLoG.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Misaki listened as best as she could, but a lot of that was over her head, and it was a bit confusing to take in all at once. The first part of the narrative, the important bit, she got though.

Misaki was quite for a moment, then said, "D-do you... Do you like flowers?" The girl apparently thought the question relevant for some reason, as she looked at him, expectant of an answer.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes... Blue and White roses in particular. Why?"

Fan knew that most of it, a small child would never get, but the ferret was psychic and you never knew how smart they could be, so he did a full narrative for his sake.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

"W-well... bad monsters don't like flowers. So, I believe you." Misaki gave him a weak smile.

25. - Top - End - #175

Meridian nuzzles Misaki's neck happily. Not so scared now, little one? Funny coming from such a tiny animal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Fan nodded to Misaki, it was good to see she wasn't absolutely terrified of him anymore, he straightened his duster, brushing off various things from it, dust being the chief thing, before giving her a closed lip smile as to hide the fanged mouth, and heading to infirmary to go check on Happy.

(IF my reading is right, the proceeding should not be wrong...)

When he arrives he sees Melody laying there, and the box of chocolates he had retireved from his extradimensional holding space inside his jacket fell clattering to the floor, and he went to attempt to shake Chelonie into a state of awareness as he said.

"Its.. Its a miracle Happy... Melodies alive!"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

"No." Misaki pets the cute ferret.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary Room 2]

Sadly Chelonie doesn't respond to the shaking. Mostly because her player needs to step away from the computer. I might be back in half an hour, but there's a small possibility I'll be gone for the night. I never know these days. =/

((deadtime))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #179

Meridian nuzzles the girl again. Where did he come from? What happened? He was out delivering, see?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Misaki shakes her head a tiny bit, careful not to dislodge him. "I don't know. I was in the infirmary, and then I heard a noise, and he was out here. He was hurt, and needed help. He was scary, but... I couldn't just leave him like that. So I helped him, and then he got up.. and... he was just scary..."