New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    What's that? A hyperlink? Why, this looks interesting.

Time...slipping...away...ahhhhh!

Although I wholeheartedly agree with this one.
    Yeah, that happened to me too when I discovered this.

And yes, I also wholeheartedly agree with that one.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eidreff View Post
    @DR which Robin McKinley are you missing? I have only read two, both a LONG time ago, and anything published since appears to have passed under/over//through my radar.
    AAH! I just looked. Turns out I'm missing FOUR! FOUR! I have read nine, all of which I own. Then there's also a short story collection that she did with her husband.

FOUR! A Knot in the Grain, Imaginary Lands (another short story collection), The Outlaws of Sherwood, and The Door in the Hedge.

I have:

Beauty
    The Blue Sword
    The Hero and the Crown
    Deerskin
    Rose Daughter
    Spindle's End
    Sunshine
    Dragonhaven
    Chalice.

I hope I have enough birthday money because I just discovered what I'm going to do with it.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    AAH! I just looked. Turns out I'm missing FOUR! FOUR! I have read nine, all of which I own. Then there's also a short story collection that she did with her husband.

FOUR! A Knot in the Grain, Imaginary Lands (another short story collection), The Outlaws of Sherwood, and The Door in the Hedge.

I have:

Beauty
    The Blue Sword
    The Hero and the Crown
    Deerskin
    Rose Daughter
    Spindle's End
    Sunshine
    Dragonhaven
    Chalice.

I hope I have enough birthday money because I just discovered what I'm going to do with it.
    Oh yeah, I was planning on ever reading those. Hmm. I only have 1 though. Knowing there are 12 others is intimidating.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-08-01 at 03:30 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

I liked the Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown. (guess which two I have read :P).

Also, does anyone know when the next Malazan Book of the Fallen is due out?
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

5. - Top - End - #485
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, a blue sword eh? Ought to put it back in its scabbard if it's freezing to death like that...

So how the hell did you manage to mess up pancakes, Slaya? do we need to give you some tutorial levels?

Hmm, good thing my roomie always respected the international sign of the sock.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-01 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

O.o

Apparently one of my friends, his sister, and his mom were in a pretty serious car accident about an hour ago. The kind with ambulances. Supposedly none of them were seriously hurt, but - eep!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Could have been worse, I suppose, but wow. Reminds me of a story my friend told me yesterday. Someone he knew had the entire back half sheared off her car by a truck that ran a red light. She was fine, but having the back half of your car go suddenly AWOL would have been scary as hell.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

O.o

Apparently one of my friends, his sister, and his mom were in a pretty serious car accident about an hour ago. The kind with ambulances. Supposedly none of them were seriously hurt, but - eep!
    That's scary.

Unfortunately, it rained for most of my little sister's birthday today, and we weren't able to go anywhere. So mom bought KFC and we had cake.

Bad news: A friend of mine who I have only known for the past 2 years is moving away. I'm going to miss that dude.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    2. Then what did you think of Maurice and co.?
    Loved it. Especially that wrong genre savvy girl because I semi - identified with her as she's read loads of childrens books.
    And Darktan? Fantastic. Plus Maurice is the main character, and he's a cat. Who bargains with Death!

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    Sorry Curleh, I totally forgot to buy a Pratchett book yesterday at Castlefest(medieal/fantasy event).

But I did hang out with guys from the Tolkienshop/Unquendor stall, and it was awesome.

Curly, it was awesome. Nothing you can say will ever change that.
    You forgot to buy a Pratchett book. You are cursed unto the fourth minute after reading this post.
    And Tolkein is still meh. I'll reread it this summer if I have the time though.

Curly, I was like that with Diana Wynne Jones for a while and still am with Robin McKinley. I'm missing two McKinleys (both out of print, *SOB*, but I'm working on it - birthday money!) and I never read the full DWJ, but... Fanatacism <3.
    Hooray for fanatacism! WHo's Robert McKinley? He good? Recommendations?

Also: there is never enough birthday money to buy all the books you want.
    This year, my big eighteen, guess how much money I got. Guess.
    Ł20.
    And a book from Best Friend.
    Then again, if I got enough money from one event/celebratory holiday to buy all the books I wanted at that specific time the following would happen:
    1. I'd need my own library.
    2. I'd buy just under two hundred books.
    3. I'd bankrupt many friends and relatives to do this.
    4. I'd never see the light of day again.

Really, everyone knows that when I hit uni (whichever it is) I'm going to be camping out in one of the twenty four hour libraries and never leaving.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #490

NecromancerGuy

O.o

On the bright side, with this kind of advance warning, you'd've known by now if one of them was decapitated.

Here's hoping you don't have to visit any of them in le hospital and instead can noogie him about it later for worrying you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Unfortunately, it rained for most of my little sister's birthday today, and we weren't able to go anywhere. So mom bought KFC and we had cake.

Bad news: A friend of mine who I have only known for the past 2 years is moving away. I'm going to miss that dude.
    And what's wrong with KFC, eh? Eh? Eh, WOT!? ... ... ... ... ... Is fried chicken part of british cuisine naturally?

...Where did it come from?

Shame about the bloke though. Err, what's the british word for friend? Doesn't that also begin with a b? or was it mates like in Auss-Land? I knew I should've paid more attention in that correspondence course!
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

@Curly: Robin McKinley is actually a woman. And yes, she's great. My favorite book of hers is Dragonhaven, but I don't know that she's widely published in the UK. She lives there (married to author Peter Dickinson), but is American by birth and her publisher is in the USA. I know some of her books have made it over, though.

@Coidzor: Yeah. I hope so. O.o

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    On the bright side, with this kind of advance warning, you'd've known by now if one of them was decapitated.

Here's hoping you don't have to visit any of them in le hospital and instead can noogie him about it later for worrying you.

And what's wrong with KFC, eh? Eh? Eh, WOT!? ... ... ... ... ... Is fried chicken part of british cuisine naturally?

...Where did it come from?

Shame about the bloke though. Err, what's the british word for friend? Doesn't that also begin with a b? or was it mates like in Auss-Land? I knew I should've paid more attention in that correspondence course!
    I've used mates, friend, buddy, bud, dude and man.

And nothing's wrong with KFC. My sister would've liked to have been able to go somewhere for her birthday though. And the chicken came from real chickens. I don't know how to answer your other questions.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #493
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    And the chicken came from real chickens.
    Don't be so sure. Ever.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

@Curly: Robin McKinley is actually a woman. And yes, she's great. My favorite book of hers is Dragonhaven, but I don't know that she's widely published in the UK. She lives there (married to author Peter Dickinson), but is American by birth and her publisher is in the USA. I know some of her books have made it over, though.
    Oh, which ones are you missing?
    Robin McKinley is awesome.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I love her stuff. And she has a daily blog that's really funny.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

@Coid, does this help?

On the Origins of the Fried Chicken.

This rare and delectable species appears to have evolved from similar stock to the Roast Chicken, and is related to the Char-grilled Chicken, mainly being differentiated by it's plumage and nesting habits.

The Fried Chicken appears to have evolved in areas naturally rich in vegetable oils, and as a defence mechanism builds its roost (or roast maybe?) in the centre of large lakes of oil. It is thought that volcanic upheaval raised the temperature of the oil slightly.

These were first discovered by the original Homo-sapiens explorers to venture out of their nightclubs into the streets at closing time.
    Last edited by eidreff; 2009-08-01 at 04:36 PM.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Don't be so sure. Ever.
    I do not care. It tasted of chicken, meat and grease. That is all I need from my fried chicken.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

18. - Top - End - #498
    Banned

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-scrabble Who's playin'?

I'll be on Lexulous.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you read "Water" (I think it's called that, though it might be imaginary lands that I'm thinking of)?
    It really help me get a grip on Damar.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

I'll be on Lexulous.
    I'll join. Don't have much to do.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

I'll be on Lexulous.
    Aha! I found my password, and I'm there.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I'll join. Don't have much to do.
    Tell us your username on Lexulous or we won't know who you are.

Also, we're in the Multiplayer room.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-08-01 at 05:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Aargh your site sucked me in!

Currently at this one which I'm agreeing majorly with, very funny!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Why doesn't everyone go into a huge tangent when I mention I need Pratchett advice?

Which I'll get back to reading after "Snow on the Ceders"

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Pratchett. I've read one of his books. Night Watch to be more exact. It was interesting. Vimes is excellent as always.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

26. - Top - End - #506

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Why doesn't everyone go into a huge tangent when I mention I need Pratchett advice?

Because the only real answer with Pratchett is. ALL OF IT.

But, Introductory books first. Guards! Guards! Reaper Man! Small Gods! That sort of thing.

http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson125.html
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post

Snow Falling on Cedars? Saw the movie, haven't read it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. No new news on the protests, which probably means that the legislation was passed, and the local police can now take people into custody for indefinite amounts of time without a trial.

The print in 1984 seems all the more bolder.

Oh, and @dish:
    Yeah, I'm in KL now.

EDIT: Oh, and my roomate, if I haven't complained yet, is of the future frat boy variant.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-08-01 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I think if you break the bars on the window I could squeeze out.
    This avatar by Phase.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Huh. No new news on the protests, which probably means that the legislation was passed, and the local police can now take people into custody for indefinite amounts of time without a trial.
    Not that this is a good idea, but to be fair, when this legislation is passed, absolutely nobody is thinking "Muahaha! Now we can imprison dissenters...FOREVER! We'll be unstoppable!" No, they're thinking "Huh. We sometimes have problems with letting probably guilty criminals go while we amass evidence. We should do something about that. If we pass this measure, people will probably use it pretty moderately anyway."

Not saying they're right, and I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying...they're saying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Not that this is a good idea, but to be fair, when this legislation is passed, absolutely nobody is thinking "Muahaha! Now we can imprison dissenters...FOREVER! We'll be unstoppable!" No, they're thinking "Huh. We sometimes have problems with letting probably guilty criminals go while we amass evidence. We should do something about that. If we pass this measure, people will probably use it pretty moderately anyway."

Not saying they're right, and I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying...they're saying.
    I can't respond to this without getting political to the extent that the mods would disapprove. Suffice it to say that they were most likely thinking somewhere in between those two extremes.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-08-01 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Oh you don't care about me. I'll escape this reason for editing box on my own.
    This avatar by Phase.