New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Not that this is a good idea, but to be fair, when this legislation is passed, absolutely nobody is thinking "Muahaha! Now we can imprison dissenters...FOREVER! We'll be unstoppable!" No, they're thinking "Huh. We sometimes have problems with letting probably guilty criminals go while we amass evidence. We should do something about that. If we pass this measure, people will probably use it pretty moderately anyway."

Not saying they're right, and I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying...they're saying.
    That's a very dangerous assumption to make.

Not that I'm saying it's an assumption you're making.

Edit: Is this too much politics? Probably. >.>
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-01 at 11:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Huh. No new news on the protests, which probably means that the legislation was passed, and the local police can now take people into custody for indefinite amounts of time without a trial.

The print in 1984 seems all the more bolder.

Oh, and @dish:
    Yeah, I'm in KL now.

EDIT: Oh, and my roomate, if I haven't complained yet, is of the future frat boy variant.
    ....What? I thought you lived with your parents in some randomly shifting ass end of the planet.

Like you're somewhere in Oceania now, aren't you? Koala(Kuala? Kaula? Kulaman?) Lumpurr? After moving out of the UAE?

What country are you even going to for University?!

What legislation is this now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Not that this is a good idea, but to be fair, when this legislation is passed, absolutely nobody is thinking "Muahaha! Now we can imprison dissenters...FOREVER! We'll be unstoppable!" No, they're thinking "Huh. We sometimes have problems with letting probably guilty criminals go while we amass evidence. We should do something about that. If we pass this measure, people will probably use it pretty moderately anyway."

Not saying they're right, and I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying...they're saying.
    Every terrible idea seemed like a noble on at the time. It's just that logistics, moral dissonance, or changing lifestyles got in the way.

Or the idea began on the internet.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ....What? I thought you lived with your parents in some randomly shifting ass end of the planet.

Like you're somewhere in Oceania now, aren't you? Koala(Kuala? Kaula? Kulaman?) Lumpurr? After moving out of the UAE?

What country are you even going to for University?!

What legislation is this now?
    Bolded the language I take offense from.

Anyway. Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia. South east Asia. And I'm gonna be in the U.S. for uni. And the legislation, as I think I just posted, is a bill that allows the police here to take people into custody for indefinite amounts of time, without a trial.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-08-01 at 11:38 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

I just heard back from the roommate! Obviously it's hard to tell from three paragraphs of an email, but she seems really nice. She capitalizes and uses punctuation. She lives in Seattle and has a little sister and is also going to visit friends on Monday.

@Randman: Wow. I'm sorry. Frat boys suck (this said for your benefit; I don't know any current frat boys, though I'm sure I know some former ones)

In any case, I'm pretty happy about my prospects, though the idea of living with someone I know only through a short exchange of emails? A lit-tle daunting. But I guess we'll shortly know how things are gonna play out...I'm kind of excited, actually.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

Scrabble anyone? While I eat this curry. Curry gives you supernatural scrabble powers you know. You don't stand a chance.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-08-01 at 11:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Scrabble anyone? While I eat this curry. Curry gives you supernatural scrabble powers you know. you don't stand a chance.
    As opposed to regular PZ Scrabble.

P.S. Not saying I'll play, I need to get up early tomorrow!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll play, Zero, as long as you'll accept me using 'play' as a synonym for suck.

9. - Top - End - #519

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I just heard back from the roommate! Obviously it's hard to tell from three paragraphs of an email, but she seems really nice. She capitalizes and uses punctuation. She lives in Seattle and has a little sister and is also going to visit friends on Monday.
    That is most certainly a good omen. Here's hoping that she turns out to be great over-all!

Scrabble anyone? While I eat this curry. Curry gives you supernatural scrabble powers you know. you don't stand a chance.
    I'll play if people are still interested.

10. - Top - End - #520

If you define 'interested' as waiting for you to get your smooth, cubey arse in here.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    I'll play if people are still interested.
    Of course. We'll wait for ya.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Every terrible idea seemed like a noble on at the time. It's just that logistics, moral dissonance, or changing lifestyles got in the way.

Or the idea began on the internet.
    Right. I don't want to get into a political discussion--just take this as an observation on human nature--but in my experience, most figures in positions of power (corruptible as they are) do their best to help the country or area they represent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523

NecromancerGuy

Just double checking with where and what it was.

*pinches Alteran's smooth cubey sides*
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #524

*pinches Alteran's smooth cubey sides*
    You sure know how to make a girl cube feel special.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-02 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Typo >.<

15. - Top - End - #525

NecromancerGuy

Just returning the feeling. *tips his crown and winks*

So, anyone around here tried the Creme De Menthe altoids?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-02 at 03:30 AM.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #526

Just returning the feeling. *tips his crown and winks*

<_< >_>

<_< >_>
    I don't have eyes to wink or cheeks to blush, but all six of my hearts are beating more quickly now.

Honest.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-02 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Another mistake, whee.

17. - Top - End - #527

O_O oh my. I really need to check this thread more often.
    My thanks, Curly! Perhaps I'll find some motivation to read more this year with all of the books Pratchett has written. Now I know why you are referred to as the godess of of the written word! Many thanks indeed!

Now for the decision of which arc to start with... hmm, I AM terrible at decisions. Perhaps two at the same time? Yes, that ought to do well.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

18. - Top - End - #528

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    I don't have eyes to wink or cheeks to blush, but all six of my hearts are beating more quickly now.

Honest.
    ...Those things beat? ... ... I like...

<_<
    >_>
    <_<
    >_>

*shudder*

There's just something wrong about otherkin photo manipulations. It skeeves out my soul rather than just my mind.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #529
    Banned

Add a dab of lavender to milk; leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Add a dab of lavender to milk; leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
    What the....?

Am I missing some important piece of information that prevents me from understanding what you just said?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #531
    Banned

Do you need the Gleeson accounts? I have them on disk, I would have emailed them, but there was a lot of... Clink on the... Stuffer expander. And the plug went in some Tizer.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Banned

(looks at Fredthefighter) (looks at Player_Zero) (looks at Fredthefighter's location)

I would have said 'no, you don't lack the information'. . .

Scrabble suffers without the pieces to shuffle under your fingers. Risk was improved by moving it to the computer--no more counting plastic Is and Vs, dropping them on thick pile carpeting, losing the cannon card down the back of the games cabinet, etc. Computerized Monopoly was neutral, the convenience of no longer picking the 1s and 5s out of your little sister's toy cash register canceled out by the loss of little lead figurines to shuffle around the board (I came late to tabletop RPGs). But Scrabble, sweet-scented wooden Scrabble with gently rounded corners, was a computerized loss. It wasn't all wood, either, that was a loss: the compressed plywood counters of the bingo game, round and bland, stinking of resin and cheap red dye, were foul. Scrabble's tactile tiles were special.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Am I missing some important piece of information that prevents me from understanding what you just said?
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

*Falls over*
    You people confuse the heck out of me.

I probably understood Phase the most there.

And what the heck are the Gleeson accounts?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #535

NecromancerGuy

Jackie Gleeson, maybe.

Wasn't that who did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels?

I agree with quincunx about the loss of the tactile feel of the scrabble tiles... but I never really could get into actually playing it in the flesh.

Then again, I never had much opportunity to start what with most people being insufferable prats about scrabble.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #536

Jackie Gleeson, maybe.

Wasn't that who did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels?
    That would be Ginger Rogers. Jackie Gleeson (or Gleason) played Minnesota Fats in The Hustler.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

27. - Top - End - #537

NecromancerGuy

And now we know. And that's half the battle.

Danke, sirrah!
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #538

And now we know. And that's half the battle.
    G.I. Joe! Is annoyed by the 10 character minimum.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

29. - Top - End - #539

NecromancerGuy

A Real American Hollywood movie!

Coming out soonish!
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

That movie looks like beefhead soldiers dipped in Hollywood narm and sprinkled with shaved bits of suck (and nutmeg.)