New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Sneakly: My whole family vacations at Cape Cod, too. Except my parents because they're the poor West Coast black sheep of the bunch and my dad's dreadlocks don't fit in too well in the kind of community they associate with.
    Your dad has dreads? I officially declare him to be a really cool dad.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dreads. Oh, dreads.

They're that haircut that either really works, or really, really doesn't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Banned

I know someone who got 'dreads'. Only, they were crappily done and he hardly ever washed his hair right so it was a bit horrible. We kept trying to make him get haircut for about a year.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Gotta take the initiative, there. Just sneak out with a pair of scissors, creep into his bedroom at night, and threaten to stab him in the eyes with them unless he gets a goddamned haircut.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

My dad washes his hair. He just has special dread shampoo that doesn't leave as much residue as normal shampoo, because normal shampoo can make the dreads mold on the inside.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Gotta take the initiative, there. Just sneak out with a pair of scissors, creep into his bedroom at night, and threaten to stab him in the eyes with them unless he gets a goddamned haircut.
    Ah the classic turnabout.

Scrabble anyone?

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Ah the classic turnabout.

Scrabble anyone?
    I'm up for it.

As for dreads, I don't really care about it one way or another.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

8. - Top - End - #968

My dad washes his hair. He just has special dread shampoo that doesn't leave as much residue as normal shampoo, because normal shampoo can make the dreads mold on the inside.
    You can get mold inside your dreads?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #969
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    You can get mold inside your dreads?
    Yep. If you don't redo them every so often or wash them in the right way.

10. - Top - End - #970

Eeeeeewwww.
    Speaking of shampoo . . . Now there's not even a sink in the bathroom.
    I got to go to my gran's to shower. Why? Because it's free there! As compared to the: go to the leisure centre! option. D'you know what's wrong with that?
    Money! EXPENSIVE! Money to get in and then more money to use the shower.
    Never, ever live in a house where major rebuilding and fitting is going on.
    When I'm grown up and a very rich author I'll buy a home and move in there while My Actual Home is being done up. Then I'll sell the Temporary Home. For lots of money because Famous Author Lived There.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #971

Yep. If you don't redo them every so often or wash them in the right way.
    That's just disgusting.

And whoa, that's an unexpected avvie for Curly.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Multiplayer room amiright?

Money to use the shower? It's political correctness gone mad! Also it's raining. That's one way to wash your hair. Going on a water ride however is not a good way. I know this from experience.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to interrupt your regularly scheduled chit chat and reveal a discovery of mine: one of the universal constants of geekdom, no matter what the variety, is the tendency to rename things as scientifically accurately as possible. For instance, in karate the other night, we were being taught a pair of techniques called 'Following Hammers' and 'Dual Hammers'. Of course, I refused to call them anything but Serial Hammers and Parallel Hammers, which were far less confusing names, if you ask me. I then realized that such a phenomenon was ubiquitous within the nerd sphere.

Thoughts?

14. - Top - End - #974
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I am so bored.
    Why don't you don a cloak with a fish on it, and call your self the Caped Cod Crusader?

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Thoughts?
    I certainly try to be as precise as I can. I also take pains to be as objective as possible when making comparisons, which is particularly annoying to one friend of mine. I think that yes, accuracy is probably valued quite highly among most nerds.

Also, I notice I use a lot of qualifiers in my speech. Things like probably, maybe, perhaps, usually, or often. I don't like to use absolutes unless...well, unless something is absolutely true. Is that geek or nerd thing, or a me thing? I don't notice it among others that much, but I'm also not really looking for it.

15. - Top - End - #975

This is it. Game over to all you comedians. Rutskarn has officially won forever.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-08-06 at 12:26 PM. Reason: This doesn't mean I like you though...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

16. - Top - End - #976
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    This is it. Game over to all you comedians. Rutskarn has officially won forever.
    Everyone's a genius to an idiot.

Oo burn.

17. - Top - End - #977

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Meh, Rutskarn has had better moments, although that was pretty good.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #978

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    And whoa, that's an unexpected avvie for Curly.
    Yes. Yes. This is totally Raiser speaking. Which is why it's an unexpected avvie for Curly.

Money to use the shower? It's political correctness gone mad! Also it's raining. That's one way to wash your hair. Going on a water ride however is not a good way. I know this from experience.
    Yus, money to use the shower; though I myself have never gone into the leisure centre, but Little Sister has. I see no reason in a fleepin' leisure centre.
    Firstly, there's a gym in it. WHo likes a gym? With exercise machines! And there are far cheaper gyms around.
    Secondly, they have tennis courts. Fine. But there're 'paying' tennis courts down on the front. I say 'paying' but there's a huge hole in the fence everyone uses to get in.
    Thirdly: three swimming pools. Why? I live two minutes away from the sea, inculding traffic. And there's a lido that does discount for locals. So why pay Ł3 odd for an hour when you can go the the lido, pay Ł1.25 for the whole day (and you get a stamp too if you want to go get food) OR go to the beach. Which is free.

And why did you try to wash your hair on a water ride?

Thoughts?
    I do that; thinking about more accurate names for things. And books, I'm like a mini - librarian because I classify books by various categories. Author has five sub - categories; genre; events; age; personality (all books have one) and several others.
    Mostly I try to be objective about things, and I try to be as accurate as possible even when using analogies and similes which is why my writing can sometimes get a little long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Everyone's a genius to an idiot.

Oo burn.
    That would explain your inferiority complex, then.

Oo double burn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

That would explain your inferiority complex, then.

Oo double burn.
    It's like watching a lovers' tiff! Wait. No.
    It is watching a lovers' tiff...
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's pretty hot, actually.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's the passionate reconciliation after the tiff that I'm looking forward to seeing. And by "looking forward to", I of course mean "dreading".

ION: The article I'm reading has an average of 4 lines of text per page with the rest consisting of footnotes. This author does not understand how footnotes work.

Also, I have understood very little of what I've been reading for the last few weeks. Half of it has been economics and the other half has been philosophy and I know nothing of either of these. I feel dumb.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Banned

I'd like to interrupt your regularly scheduled chit chat and reveal a discovery of mine: one of the universal constants of geekdom, no matter what the variety, is the tendency to rename things as scientifically accurately as possible. For instance, in karate the other night, we were being taught a pair of techniques called 'Following Hammers' and 'Dual Hammers'. Of course, I refused to call them anything but Serial Hammers and Parallel Hammers, which were far less confusing names, if you ask me. I then realized that such a phenomenon was ubiquitous within the nerd sphere.

Thoughts?
    You have a theorem!

And when the clutch of my intellect once again engages the gears of my communication (I had to disengage 'em to make a phone call), I may even have something to add to the body of evidence!

24. - Top - End - #984
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dreads. Oh, dreads.

They're that haircut that either really works, or really, really doesn't.
    And usually really, really, really, really(did I mention REALLY?) doesn't due to being too much of a nerdy white fanboy to pull them off. Or just too weedy.

...And once you're a father, it's pretty much over for you anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #985

Yes. Yes. This is totally Raiser speaking. Which is why it's an unexpected avvie for Curly.
    Yes, because you are definitely Raiser speaking. Mhm. Without a doubt.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Ungh. Been awake for 27 hours now. Why do I do this to myself?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

27. - Top - End - #987

*muses* I wonder how I'd look with dreads. Probably terrible. All haircuts look terrible on me.

I recently shaved my head again because I screwed it up last time I tried to bleach it white. It's at that depressing point you reach after you shave your head and let it grow out again where you look like a fuzzy little monkey. My hair is covered with perfectly uniform 1/16th inch hairs and they're all standing on end.
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rubakhin View Post
    *muses* I wonder how I'd look with dreads. Probably terrible. All haircuts look terrible on me.

I recently shaved my head again because I screwed it up last time I tried to bleach it white. It's at that depressing point you reach after you shave your head and let it grow out again where you look like a fuzzy little monkey. My hair is covered with perfectly uniform 1/16th inch hairs and they're all standing on end.
    ... So shave it all off again?
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    ... So shave it all off again?
    No!
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Good choice. Also, I think you need actual dye to get white as bleaching it to that point is... a bad idea.

Also, white hair in general isn't too tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide