New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    But I digress. How is everyone in the Playground today?
    Eh, not bad. Nothing eventful today.

I went to Chessington's World of Adventures on Wednesday though. It was brilliant. It was a good 4 hour drive to get there though (bloody London traffic).
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-08-07 at 12:47 PM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I'm not very good, but I'll sign up if you want a game.
    Who said I was good at it?

How many people do we need though? I haven't played it on the internets before.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have no idea, perhaps you can play it with 2. If only Mr. Zero would drop by, as he seems to be the biggest advocate of Scrabble Lexulous.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #1054

I have no idea, perhaps you can play it with 2. If only Mr. Zero would drop by, as he seems to be the biggest advocate of Scrabble Lexulous.
    I'm getting a vibe of dislike towards me from him

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

2-4 are the number of players I think. Maybe one more. I don't know.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Banned

Today I am cursing my cooking skills for having deserted me. I've made five standard dinners since Sunday (went out for pizza on Wednesday) and one of them was worth eating. One. What in sod's law is spoiling all this?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    This does not make you unique.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1058

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Today I am cursing my cooking skills for having deserted me. I've made five standard dinners since Sunday (went out for pizza on Wednesday) and one of them was worth eating. One. What in sod's law is spoiling all this?
    Not cooking with enough love, perhaps?

EDIT: @^ I am not claiming, or have ever claimed, to be unique in any way including but not limited to hair style, voice, elvishness, manner of action etc.
    Last edited by Hannes; 2009-08-07 at 12:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm doing fine, but bored. I also feel homicidal towards the owl from King's Quest V. Why? See for yourself.

Not really eventful for me today, but on Sunday, I am going to a family reunion for the purposes of celebrating my grandparent's anniversary.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Have you got an infestation of tiny invisible cooks? I hear it is quite common, and particularly disastrous when making broth.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Regarding the Scrabble talk: I could try and set up a game myself. Doesn't look like it's too hard to do. Just need to know who all wants to play and stuff.

Player Zero himself seems to be occupied, as his status on his IMing account right now is "Busy".

Anyway, I'll head to the Multiplayer Room, for those who want to play.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #1062

So I'm trying to join the Lexulous room, "The Lounge" "The Mulitplayer Room". It's taking an awfully long time to load.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-08-07 at 12:56 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

13. - Top - End - #1063

So I'm trying to join the Lexulous room, "The Lounge". It's taking an awfully long time to load.
    I'm at the Multiplayer room also, so perhaps try to join that one? And it loaded a while also, then asked me to confirm a certificate and then fully loaded it.

14. - Top - End - #1064

Well, I'm in. Prepare to LOSE!
    BANG → !

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Orc in the Playground

I handed in my notice to quit at work today.... There was an immediate sense of euphoria, swiftly followed by a gnawing "what have I done" doubt. They have however got the possibility of holiday work dependent on need, which isn't so bad.

I now worry that I have committed to a course. I just wish that I could leave more options open, but could not, in conscience, put off telling work.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    Zero hates everybody, you're just one of everybody.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Banned

Talking about me while I'm not here? Capital idea.

18. - Top - End - #1068

It's hardly different from talking about you while you are here, since it'll all waiting for you to read whenever you return.

Edit: But if you want to hear something positive about yourself, then I can do that.

Zero is a very good Scrabble player who probably almost never loses. I saw him lose once, and it was close. It is not an event one could expect to observe twice, so thorough is his mastery of the game.

One day I'll beat you. And by beat you, I mean come in first and beat you. It doesn't count if I lose to somebody else at the same time.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-07 at 01:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Banned

Well that's boring. You could've at least mentioned sexual perversion.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by eidreff View Post
    I handed in my notice to quit at work today.... There was an immediate sense of euphoria, swiftly followed by a gnawing "what have I done" doubt. They have however got the possibility of holiday work dependent on need, which isn't so bad.

I now worry that I have committed to a course. I just wish that I could leave more options open, but could not, in conscience, put off telling work.
    Call me when you quit your job like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Orc in the Playground

Heh heh heh.

I think that I may have been sued for causing blindness with my shiny pale torso if i'd tried that.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Should've turned your growl on them, and failing that, diced 'em to death for it. Or just diced them to get them out of your spot.

Hmm. I just woke up from a nightmare a few hours ago where I was running down an infinite wedding chapel to stop the wedding of my ex girlfriend. So I'm not too happy right about now that I'm having dreams along these lines.

Other than that I'm mostly considering what to do with cleaning my room.

Edit: I'm sorry Quinx. Maybe you need something to spice up your imagination and shake out the ordinary. You do cajun very often?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-07 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #1073

Okay, it's official. My right arm is the weakest, flimsiest pansy of an arm ever to grace the earth.
    One 'damned needle and now, some three days after it happened I have a bruise three inches long and just under half an inch wide on the thickest part.
    You can even map it out yourself on your own arm. You know that huge vein on the inside of your elbow? That's it's rightmost border. The crease of the elbow is pretty much the centre, so one and a half inches up and down following the vein.
    What kind of pansy ass arm is this?!
    Even my mum said that was a freakin' huge bruise! It doesn't really hurt that much, but I swear this thing's growing. ANd there're what seem to be very tiny bruises or blood clots right on the vein as well. Plus the centre of the bruise is one of the nicest shades of violet/indigo I've ever seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1074

NecromancerGuy

^: Take a picture and keep it so you have motivation to get stronger and hardier.

Hmm. It sounds like you need to investigate getting yourself a gym membership or at least seeing if your university has offerings in that area. Getting better bloodflow in the area via musculature development helps, or so I hear. plus developing your core body muscles helps your posture and general health. abs, pecs, lower back, even the trapezium and such around the shoulders.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-07 at 02:43 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1075

^: Take a picture and keep it so you have motivation to get stronger and hardier.

Hmm. It sounds like you need to investigate getting yourself a gym membership or at least seeing if your university has offerings in that area. Getting better bloodflow in the area via musculature development helps, or so I hear. plus developing your core body muscles helps your posture and general health. abs, pecs, lower back, even the trapezium and such around the shoulders.
    . . .
    You. Want me. To pay money on such ungeekly things as growing muscles?!
    Money that could be better spent on books?! Or movies?! But mainly books!
    What kind of crazy face person are you???
    Honestly. Spending money to develop muscles I'll never care about? When at university I'll need such useless things as food, lodgings and books?
    Preposterous my good chum!
    And my health is very good. Aside from my bruise.
    Also: walk: free. Swimming: free.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Banned

As xkcd well states, excerising is worth valuable exps. If you don't remaiun healthy how can you level up?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    . . .
    You. Want me. To pay money on such ungeekly things as growing muscles?!
    Money that could be better spent on books?! Or movies?! But mainly books!
    What kind of crazy face person are you???
    Honestly. Spending money to develop muscles I'll never care about? When at university I'll need such useless things as food, lodgings and books?
    Preposterous my good chum!
    And my health is very good. Aside from my bruise.
    Also: walk: free. Swimming: free.
    Why spend your own money on it when you can "ask" for it as a "present" for something? That's how I got my 14kg weight kit. I really need to use that more. And by 14kg I mean that the whole thing weighs 14kg, not that each weight is 14kg.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

@Curly It sounds as though you had a butcher rather than a proper phlebotomist! (interestingly my spellcheck brought that up as lobotomist:P)

They may have "missed" slightly, hence your excessive bruising and the pain/discomfort while drawning blood. A practiced practioner (hehe) should be able to find a vein, use an appropriately sized needle and leave a tiny bruise, or none at all. These days i dont think that doctors and nurses practice enough. In days of yore (when my dad worked in a path lab) the technicians took blood, and got very good at it.

One recommendation I can make is to not look at the needle being inserted, and mention if you feel more than a slight scratch!

Not sure that the goddess of the written word pumping iron, poppin 'roids and knockin' back protein shakes would make for peace in the pantheon...

Edit: you could try reading very large heavy books though!
    Last edited by eidreff; 2009-08-07 at 04:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    As xkcd well states, excerising is worth valuable exps. If you don't remaiun healthy how can you level up?
    Murder? It doesn't count if you kill monsters, so find someone dubbed as such by sensationalist media of some form and you've got consequence-free leveling. I mean, er, wite teckts lolz
    Last edited by Cyrano; 2009-08-07 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Terminal amnesia.

30. - Top - End - #1080

NecromancerGuy

Hence why I mentioned investigating your university's offerings. Since you're paying through the nose with them anyway, what little in the way of services you can get from them should be capitalized upon.

Also, unless you're a goddess of the grotesque, you're still supposed to be physically ideal.

And do you actually, y'know, Walk, and Swim. Enough for it to really be strengthening and hardening your body?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-07 at 04:23 PM.
    Homebrew