New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    It appears I have 21 webcomics bookmarked. That seems about right.
    I don't bookmark most of them, but I'm sure I read at least 30 or 40.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doesn't count. We've got Washington, remember? Six Feet, Twenty, ****ing killing for fun.

Oh yeah. Anyone have any suggestions for what sort of vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be especially appropriate for a creepy guy to taste and comment upon after licking either his blood after someone slashes him or the blood of someone else after he has slashed them?

So far I've been thinking the obvious Vitamin K and Iron bits... But I was wondering what you, the playground would think. Or where the heck to ask such a question better..... or how to phrase it so it not so wonky.

ION: Pettanko is a weird sounding word.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-09 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quickly! Posters of the Playground! I need a third point for my essay! I'm doing it on "Law is different to Justice" and I need a third point on which to write 250 words.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Quickly! Posters of the Playground! I need a third point for my essay! I'm doing it on "Law is different to Justice" and I need a third point on which to write 250 words.
    Urm. No idea. How about:
    Law is real, Justice doesn't exist in this modern world where everyone is cynical.

Coidzor: You are a very weird person. Thankyou for being you.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #1175

Well it's a good point and all, but my other points kinda rely on justice existing.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

It would help if you told us what you already had. And what level of school the essay is for. Oh well, here's a suggestion from a sleep-deprived high schooler.

I would say that the intention of justice is to give a person the punishment or reward that they deserve for their actions, where as law gives a person the punishment or reward that is given to them by the rules. Law can be written for different purposes. Justice is one, but vengeance or "the greater good" is another. Justice, in my mind, is more about the individual being judged, and less about what the rules say. The rules might be written to favour any person(s), but justice is about the one whose actions are on trial.

I'm...I'm not entirely sure if those last sentences make sense. I think they do.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Oh yeah. Anyone have any suggestions for what sort of vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be especially appropriate for a creepy guy to taste and comment upon after licking either his blood after someone slashes him or the blood of someone else after he has slashed them?

So far I've been thinking the obvious Vitamin K and Iron bits... But I was wondering what you, the playground would think. Or where the heck to ask such a question better..... or how to phrase it so it not so wonky.
    Well, what can actually be tasted? That's what I would consider first. If somebody licked their blood and said "My, that tastes a bit off. There's almost no Vitamin K today.", I wouldn't think "CREEPY." I'd think "Bull****."

Salt can most definitely be tasted, but it's also incredibly obvious. Everybody knows blood is salty. It would be like eating chocolate and saying that it's sweet. Iron, maybe? Does blood taste metallic? I've tasted small bits of blood when I get a cut and don't have a cloth, but I can't remember if I could actually taste iron.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-09 at 01:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Hm... Yeah, I think that'd work if I put it in first and editted my other two paragraphs a little. Thanks Alteran! *Alteran Theme Music Plays*

Show

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it's a good point and all, but my other points kinda rely on justice existing.
    Hmmmmmmm, well, I'm out of ideas.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

Like government is not society from Common Sense?

So I've been reading Thomas Paine. Sue me.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Firbolg in the Playground

The taste of iron is quite evident in blood. It's obvious, yeah, but tasting the degree of iron might be creepy.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1181

NecromancerGuy

Well, what can actually be tasted? That's what I would consider first. If somebody licked their blood and said "My, that tastes a bit off. There's almost no Vitamin K today.", I wouldn't think "CREEPY." I'd think "Bull****."
    Really, the only reason I even thought of vitamin K would be a throwaway reference to blood clotting speed or the consistency of the blood rather than the taste, really. I'm pretty sure iron at least could be noticed if the usual tang wasn't there.

To me, blood usually tastes a bit like a salty penny, so maybe if there were a shortage of zinc...

Fred: *bows* I do so try my best to please.

I'm trying to think of whether this is a characteristic best given to a loose cannon former physician (in multiple senses) type or a depraved villain (also former physician) type.

As there's a definite reference to him recommending another character to cut back on the sweets and talk to his/her doctor about dietary changes that and any medications to help regulate the onset of diabetes. Due to that old sweet smelling/tasting urine trick.

But I haven't yet decided if he's just pulling that out of his ass to mess with him or if he'll actually have collected a sample.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-09 at 01:47 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1182

Hm... Yeah, I think that'd work if I put it in first and editted my other two paragraphs a little. Thanks Alteran! *Alteran Theme Music Plays*
    You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Hmmm, what is my theme song? I need to consider this.

13. - Top - End - #1183

NecromancerGuy

Currently I'm imagining the
    OBJECTION!
    theme music from Phoenix Wright playing for you, Alteran...

Ed: Great... Now I can't find the specific one that I'm thinking about...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-09 at 01:55 AM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1184

Currently I'm imagining the theme music from Phoenix Wright playing for you, Alteran...
    Okay, that's pretty cool. If I become a superhero, that will be one theme song I consider.

Wait, what am I saying? I'm already a superhero, of course!

Edit: Rutskarn, time for the beginning of the end?

Edit again:
    Ed: Great... Now I can't find the specific one that I'm thinking about...
    Not this one, then?
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-09 at 01:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't sleep. Someone (other than Coidzor. Remember what happened last time.) give me some advice.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Alright, I've decided. This is my theme song.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I can't sleep. Someone (other than Coidzor. Remember what happened last time.) give me some advice.
    Don't sleep. Stay up all night, and then go to bed at a normal/early time tomorrow. Hopefully that will set your sleep schedule right(ish). I've never actually done this (so no guarantees of success), but it's an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-09 at 02:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sorry. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep. Drain some of your blood to cause unconsciousness? That's actually a terrible idea that you shouldn't try. Eat milk and bread?

EDIT: You're a pokemon? And here'd be what's probably mine.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-08-09 at 02:09 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Sorry. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep. Drain some of your blood to cause unconsciousness? That's actually a terrible idea that you shouldn't try.
    Yeah, especially since you'd have trouble controlling the flow of blood once you've passed out.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

Ram your head off of a wall until you fall unconcious onto your bed? Drink some warm milk?
    Please ignore the first suggestion.

Alteran: That is one of most awesome theme songs you could've chosen. This one is mine.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-08-09 at 02:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #1190

NecromancerGuy

Not this one, then?
    Nope. I'm-a PM you for the NSFW curse words in the bit I have found. I've heard it in other phoenix wright things but this is the only one I could find this time around where I was seeking it.

Phase: I am wounded. Do antihistamines pep you up instead? or do you just not have any warm water/milk?

ouch... headache time....x.x

Also, I love that pokemon song far more than I should. Both of them.

My theme song.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-09 at 02:14 AM.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1191

Maybe starve yourself of oxygen somehow... Aren't we just full of great ideas?

Show

22. - Top - End - #1192

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I almost chose that one.

Okay, that's also awesome.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-09 at 02:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1193

NecromancerGuy

Okay, that's also awesome.
    It has its drawbacks though. As about half the time, certain portions of this song by the Divinyls () comes on instead, someone throws something at my head, usually a shoe or a book. But sometimes something more dangerous, such as a TANK! (no, not that kind of Tank, though that would be nice...) ...it was rather embarrassing getting my rabies shots after that...

And then there's a more or less obligatory chase scene unless one wants to end up in the clutches of the dimension of rejected extras from that music video. And in the 80s.

Makes for annoying time travel segues to nab the ones we care about back.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, I'm creeped out by those freaky Lazy Town puppets, but GODDAMN IT that Cooking by the Book song is catchy.
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-08-09 at 06:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Damn, FoE, I know you're evil....but Lazy Town?

I'm disgusted...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo! Earthquake! Busy tiem nao!
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Woo! Meet-up! Busy tiem nao!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not advocating watching it! But that Stephanie's voice is hypnotic ... Can't stop listening ... Free will slipping away ... Got to ... Got to do the cooking by the book ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Woo! Earthquake! Busy tiem nao!
    Congratulations on your natural disaster!
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-08-09 at 06:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

At least it's a not that pirate song. That thing invades your mind like an infernal parasite, eating away at your cortexes for higher thought and leaving only despair.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Announcement:

To the person or persons who, at some time during 2004-2005, replaced the English cricket team with a load of competent doppelgangers, and who recently returned the originals:

Kindly take the originals back and leave us the doppelgangers.

That is all.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!