New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I don't think Risk requires enough brainpower that I would be sufficiently impaired by exhaustion to make me lose if I was otherwise winning. But I'm disinclined to mess up my sleep pattern playing Risk over the internet.
    Oh, so that's it? You just don't care about us? Fine, fine...

Coidzor! You're still our friend, right? You'll play Risk with us?

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I just got out of the shower, have one leg in a pair of shorts as I type this, and am leaving for West Virginia sometime this night.

Risk, I'm afraid, is just not in the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1383

Curse you, Coidzor. You are dead to me now.

Recaiden? How about it?

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alteran, be reasonable. He has more important things to do. I, on the other hand, have free time.
    I may have to go for a short while with little warning though. My only computer to use here is a shared one.
    Where/how would we play?

@Coid: Virginia and opposum?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1385

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Alteran, be reasonable. He has more important things to do. I, on the other hand, have free time.
    I may have to go for a short while with little warning though. My only computer to use here is a shared one.
    Where/how would we play?

@Coid: Virginia and opposum?
    I can't be reasonable! My main method of recruitment is intimidation. How can I be reasonable and intimidating?

In other news, hooray! If you have to leave, we'll understand. I myself may have to leave if the game takes too long (read: over 3 hours). D'Anna, you still around? Anybody else, interested?

Edit: I'm not quite sure how we'll play. I assumed that D'Anna Biers knows, since he(/she/it) was the one to propose that we play.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 08:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yup, found an abandoned possum kit and now we're releasing her now that she can fend for herself. What with them basically seeking out carrion, small rodents, and vegetation to eat.

mom's family is from WV, maintain a vacation home from my great-grandparents who built it as a retirement home.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-11 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yup, found an abandoned possum kit and now we're releasing her now that she can fend for herself. What with them basically seeking out carrion, small rodents, and vegetation to eat.

mom's family is from WV, maintain a vacation home from my great-grandparents who built it as a retirement home.
    When you say kit, do you mean child? Or is there some sort of assembly kit for marsupials these days?

Anyhow, have fun on your possum-y journey. I hope it is awesome. Dare I say...awesome possum? Say it out loud.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Wrong order. Err, infraclass. Wait, are marsupial and rodent even mutually exlusive in that case?

8. - Top - End - #1388

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Do you still keep them as pets? And they eat other rodents? Right. Marsupials.

@Alteran: Remember, you catch more metaphorical flying Risk players with honey.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1389

@Alteran: Remember, you catch more metaphorical flying Risk players with honey.
    Lies!

Oh, right. They're marsupials, not rodents. Whoops.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 08:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1390

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Lies!

Oh, right. They're marsupials, not rodents. Whoops.
    There's a reason I included the word "Metaphorical". That reaon was the strip you just linked.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1391

There's a reason I included the word "Metaphorical". That reaon was the strip you just linked.
    Fine, fine. But I imagine that there are many people who prefer vinegar to honey. I know that I certainly eat it much more often.

Also, D'Anna is offline. Bother.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 08:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Banned

Risk doesn't require thought. Don't be silly.

Take one of the small continents = > Be lucky = > Win

Nor does Scrabble really... Make words, put them down...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-08-11 at 08:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393

So, is this game maybe going to happen? Who knows how/where we play?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Banned

Play Risk at Landgrab. But count me out. I can't be bothered at such an hour.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-08-11 at 09:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Barbarian in the Playground

With me, of course.

What game is this? Risk? I'm too lazy and my various internal bits are too aflame for me to bother with looking back up the thread.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

16. - Top - End - #1396

So, is this game maybe going to happen? Who knows how/where we play?
    That's your job. And with so few people . . .

EDIT: Okay. Yes, it's Risk. Or rather not-risk. As Lexulous is totally not Scrtabble.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-08-11 at 09:05 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1397

Nano, You, I. Three. Maybe a fourth, I'll have to ask. Shall we go?

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Banned

Nano, You, I. Three. Maybe a fourth, I'll have to ask. Shall we go?
    You need to set up accounts and know the email of the people you're going to invite. Also, there is realtime view and normal view and whatnot.

19. - Top - End - #1399

I have an account, I'm ready to start the game when everybody else who's playing has one as well.

Edit: We want realtime (must take turns every few minutes) or longer (must take turns every 12 hours)? The latter is good if we may have to leave later and still want to finish.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 09:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1400

How can I be reasonable and intimidating?
    "Play Risk with me or I'll... I'll arrange for your children to transfer to a slightly worse school! AHAHAHAHAHA!"
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

21. - Top - End - #1401

I'm there. Realtime maybe. How many is a few?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1402

5 or so. We can try out realtime, and if we end up not finishing we can do a longer game another day.

Also, I'll need your email address so I can invite you. I have one other player besides us, he's on GitP but not really active.

Edit: Nano, are you interested in playing as well?
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-11 at 09:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I'm actually going to have to pass on the game. Sorry 'bout that.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

24. - Top - End - #1404

That's okay, maybe another day.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You know what I love?

Also how the digits of nine's multiples always add up to nine.
    Neat trick involving that observation is that you can do you 9 times tables on your hands up to ten. Put your hands pinkies together, palms towards you. Your left thumb is '1' and your right thumb is '10' for the purposes of "how many times is this?"

Pick the number you want to multiply your '9' by, drop the corresponding finger. You'll have the tens place number of fingers to the left of it and the ones place to the right. For example, you want to solve for 9x3, drop your left middle finger (digit 3, remember?) and you have your left thumb and index finger (2) to the left and all the rest (7) to the right, for 27. Not a trick an educated adult should need, but it's neat to help the younglings learn that table when they're first learning.

Speaking of 9's, Alarra and I were at the OB/Gyn today for her "You're due tomorrow and haven't started labor yet, why not?" visit. We learned that little Pudding Troll isn't as little as she'd have hoped, weighing in at approximately 8 1/2 lbs already (give or take 10% they say). With his size in mind, she's probably going to have to be induced on Thursday unless she goes into labor on her own before then. Time to march a path in the floor at the mall, it seems (way too hot here to walk around outside with the heat index at ~ 100oF).
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Banned

Isn't that method just multiplying by ten and then taking away the multiple?

Also, I'm booooooored...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-08-12 at 10:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

I still use that finger trick. I can't be bothered to think for something as trivial as math.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

W-what? How can I have reached this advanced age and not known of this trick?! (apart from the fact that the nine times table is one of few I don't have real problems with, because I can recite it by rote really fast). Is this common knowledge? Witchcraft? Whaaaaat?!

(the Maths Fail in my sig is a good indicator of the trouble I have with numbers )
    Chaotic Neutral. Knife fiend. Allergic to many, many tasty things.

Unrepentant Jinsyite. Daily Greet!

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

My mom taught me my times tables by setting them to tunes. 7s were the Do-Re-Mi song; 8s were Oh My Darling Clementine; 9s were Ode to Joy.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    9s were Ode to Joy.
    I learned how to play that on Keyboard when I was 12. I'd forgotten how to play it by the time I turned 14.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle