New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Who Wants to be a Superhero?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Gray_Phantom
    http://www.majorvictory.net/ This isn't the end of our hero. He will reemerge. Kind of like how when a contestant loses in American Idol, he may still get a contract...

http://chriswatters.com/DIRECTORY.htm
    For fun it you pay attention to the opening sequence for Major Victory's website there is a brief image of a Dark Horse comics logo on a Major Victory comic book cover. So it looks like Major Victory gets his own line. That or I expect that one of the others will turn to the Dark Side and MV will come back for a resuce.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay-final installment last night.

First, I'm glad Feedback won. I'm not sure "won" is the right term, so much as "was selected". The more you watch, the more you realize what a completely manufactured process the "competition" was.

Of course, the show said right up front "Heroes are born; Superheroes are created". I guess I didn't realize how literally that should have been taken.

Could you believe the difference between the SFX sequences they put together for Fat Momma and Feedback? Both were stupid, but Fat Momma's was so utterly, blatantly and sickeningly stupid that I nearly vomited. What a complete setup!

I do have the give Feedback props for his athleticism, though. Even the Stunt School guys were impressed with how well he took to the trampoline, fake fighting and green-screen flying. I dunno, though-he makes me a little nervous-this guy's just a bit (or a lot) more intensely into the whole thing than I think is healthy.

Any way, the ending was kind of anti-climactic, and overall I thought the show as a whole was a bit of a let-down.

Questions? Comments? Cocktail orders?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"-J. Lennon

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

HUZZAH FEEDBACK! (I forgot to post here last night.....) Anyways my question is when does the movie come out? It was anticlimatic and too drawn out in the last episode cause the special effects camp was interesting but they shoulda ended it after then. :-/
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ooh. I htought about this once. I've come up with literally hundreds of ideas. More when I was little and am starting to think about it again.

My fave has to be a black armoured albino guy who has 4 sharp talons for a 'cloak' which move to the side of his body and become a flight suit.

He started off as a good guy, but then I got bored and now he's an evil super-villain master-mind who has been to the nut-house a record number of times.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking back at it, I don't think anyone wanted to win nearly as much as Feedback did. Did you see his face when they told Fat Momma to turn in her costume? He was so stunned, he wasn't yet able to fully grasp what had happened to him...

AND THEN! Whoa! Oh my god! I won! I FREAKIN' WON!!

That was great. Just imagine what it would be like, to be in his shoes, with hundreds of fans chanting your name. You're trying to give that speech you prepared, when you are suddenly interrupted as your lover thrusts herself into your arms for probably one of the most romantic embraces since the invention of the kiss (with the fireworks and all, it was rather picturesque :-*). Then, all your friends and family come out of nowhere to congratulate you, slapping you on the back and rushing to give you a big hug! It is at this moment, with tears of joy are streaming down your cheeks that you finally deliver your message...

"ALL YOUR DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!" You barely manage to choke out before the roar of the crowd overpowers you again.

And it ain't even over! You're in Universal City, and ya got a lot of free time on your hands.

Yo, Hunderdog! I'll have a pina colada, please ;)!
    Top Hat Circus LLC

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

*points to name*
    *points to old avatar*
    *does the math*
    ;D
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

I just read through this entire thread, haven't seen the shwo but I feel I should point this out.

........Wasn't this thread abotu designing your own superhero for this show? Not talking about it? >.>
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

This a thread about the show "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

...as can be derived from the thread category, "media discussions," and the thread name.