New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Bleachitp VII: Who likes Short Shorts

I was going to make an Episode thread for Shiru's execution day now, but I think it's best to wait for Draken to return...
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

2. - Top - End - #182

Could I just ask again, how long has it been in-game time since Vanessa awakened?
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

No clue. And poor Akiko, 30 minutes of life, tops, and she's already gotten an injured relative.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Couple hours, maybe a day. Not quite sure. She's been around for a little bit by now though.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    No clue. And poor Akiko, 30 minutes of life, tops, and she's already gotten an injured relative.
    We omitted walking time between locations. It's probably been an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Couple hours, maybe a day. Not quite sure. She's been around for a little bit by now though.
    The reason I ask is because of Ruy's regeneration. He'll be back to 100% in exactly 24 hours.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-08-02 at 09:24 AM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Episode thread good for execution. I like the idea. That said, we might want to do something to keep the Soul Society thread from running too far while we're undergoing that little episode. Of course, on the flip side, the whole point is not to tie up the Soul Society thread too much...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    The reason I ask is because of Ruy's regeneration. He'll be back to 100% in exactly 24 hours.
    It's not like she's going anywhere anytime soon. If Liz takes control again, it'll be plot-related, and there is nothing as of yet to cause such a revelation.

Oh, and I agree on the episode proposal for The Execution.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-08-02 at 01:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #188

Don't forget about the Midnight thread!
    *Smack* I forgot about that! Well, not really. I've been keeping up with the thread, but just waiting for the right time to jump in again. So don't worry, my character won't be going the way of Marro.

Episode thread good for execution. I like the idea. That said, we might want to do something to keep the Soul Society thread from running too far while we're undergoing that little episode. Of course, on the flip side, the whole point is not to tie up the Soul Society thread too much...
    Well, like you said, the point is so that everything stays focused. I don't think we should treat it as a side-plot thread and move ahead in the Soul Society thread in the meantime. They're all happening at the same time, and I know I'll definitely be waiting for the episode thread to finish before I move on with Masato.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Well, like you said, the point is so that everything stays focused. I don't think we should treat it as a side-plot thread and move ahead in the Soul Society thread in the meantime. They're all happening at the same time, and I know I'll definitely be waiting for the episode thread to finish before I move on with Masato.
    More or less agree with this. Maybe not a full on stall, but not moving past the execution date...probably would be the wisest decision
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

More or less agree with this. Maybe not a full on stall, but not moving past the execution date...probably would be the wisest decision
    Seems like a solid plan.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Double Post FTW!

Right, so. As established long ago, and re-stated just now. Satoshi has files on all major (Captain, Vice-Captain, Seated; anyone with at least shikai) members of the Gotei, barring the very recently arrived such as Owynn. Not every file is as complete as the next, but all contain at least some information on the abilities, strengths, and weaknesses of said individuals.

What does this mean?

It means that if Satoshi ends up taking the side of the "rescue Shirubaru" crowd, and ends up fighting someone from the Gotei, you should PM either myself, or my designated godmodder, for purposes of explaining in brief said information. No one will be killed, I assure you. And you don't have to tell everything. But no character who's been in the Gotei and had shikai for more than, say, 2 years, will have escaped his notice. He will have something.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Double Post FTW!

Right, so. As established long ago, and re-stated just now. Satoshi has files on all major (Captain, Vice-Captain, Seated; anyone with at least shikai) members of the Gotei, barring the very recently arrived such as Owynn. Not every file is as complete as the next, but all contain at least some information on the abilities, strengths, and weaknesses of said individuals.

What does this mean?

It means that if Satoshi ends up taking the side of the "rescue Shirubaru" crowd, and ends up fighting someone from the Gotei, you should PM either myself, or my designated godmodder, for purposes of explaining in brief said information. No one will be killed, I assure you. And you don't have to tell everything. But no character who's been in the Gotei and had shikai for more than, say, 2 years, will have escaped his notice. He will have something.
    Umm, I think that IS god modding, what if we want to keep things on our characters secret, or prechance they simply have never met or spoken with Satoshi? It's a less severe version of god modding, but your basically saying that you've gotten Reactionless observation for as long as Satoshi has been captain, and get to ignore anyone who might have wanted to do anything about it.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    Umm, I think that IS god modding, what if we want to keep things on our characters secret, or prechance they simply have never met or spoken with Satoshi? It's a less severe version of god modding, but your basically saying that you've gotten Reactionless observation for as long as Satoshi has been captain, and get to ignore anyone who might have wanted to do anything about it.
    He's also saying he's asking for said person's permission.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Do note I didn't say he knows everything. Many things could be unknown. But things like the bankai of any captain since he himself became a captain would likely be known. He's probably trained with some of his fellows, fought alongside others.
    He's probably had to beg, borrow, and steal some of this information. He's been a captain for a century and a half. A vice Captain for two centuries before that.

He's had a while to gather information.

Edit: Also, what krazd said. I'm not saying "tell me everything!", I'm asking, please give me some information. The bare-bones basics, at the least.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-08-02 at 05:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    He's also saying he's asking for said person's permission.
    But he's also saying that he HAS something quote on quote meaning that he's saying that regardless of what you want Satoshi to know about you, or lack of knowledge to be present. He gets to know SOMETHING about your character regardless of any efforts to stay stealth, total lack of interaction, and a general desire to stay unknown.
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-08-02 at 05:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

But he's also saying that he HAS something quote on quote meaning that he's saying that regardless of what you want Satoshi to know about you, or lack of knowledge to be present. He gets to know SOMETHING about your character regardless of any efforts to stay stealth, total lack of interaction, and a general desire to stay unknown.
    ...So, wait. What character in this RP has literally never fought in a public place, never released their sword in any way...Basically, done nothing that anyone can note?

Because if they're a Captain, there's no way that's happening.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

...So, wait. What character in this RP has literally never fought in a public place, never released their sword in any way...Basically, done nothing that anyone can note?

Because if they're a Captain, there's no way that's happening.
    My Vasto Lorde, he's a non combat character who's looking for his nukari stolen daughter. He's never been in a combat at all, and has only been in the Sereitei briefly, and during as such he kept minimal contact with the Shinigami.

18. - Top - End - #198

Not only that, but there are files from the Acadamy he could access. Satoshi is, if nothing else, -the- prime spymaster and assasin of the Gotei, after him would be Kilj...they'd know more then most i'd imagine, just to keep things in check. Its....well...its sorta their job.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Um, I think he's basically saying it'd only apply for the Captains/VCs...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #200

My Vasto Lorde, he's a non combat character who's looking for his nukari stolen daughter. He's never been in a combat at all, and has only been in the Sereitei briefly, and during as such he kept minimal contact with the Shinigami.
    Because he specified Shinigami only. And dang...Nina'd
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-08-02 at 05:51 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Not only that, but there are files from the Acadamy he could access. Satoshi is, if nothing else, -the- prime spymaster and assasin of the Gotei, after him would be Kilj...they'd know more then most i'd imagine, just to keep things in check. Its....well...its sorta their job.
    My point is, that he should have to RP getting this information, not just hand wave it, and become the knowledge god of the Sereitei. He should have to WORK, and BE the spy infiltrate, and attempt to gather information, or even just attempt to gather information by sending some unseated ninja's of the 2nd division.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I would have thought everyone knew this applied to Shinigami. There's plenty he doesn't know about, say, the Bount, the Espada, etc. I mean, if there's some dude who's a good brawler in Rokun, but no power of note, he likely won't know anything about that.

As well, he doesn't know about the abilities of the ARC members now present (though the patrol nearby in the MW might have some info).

My point is, that he should have to RP getting this information, not just hand wave it, and become the knowledge god of the Sereitei. He should have to WORK, and BE the spy infiltrate, and attempt to gather information, or even just attempt to gather information by sending some unseated ninja's of the 2nd division.
    He's Five Hundred Years Old. He's been Captain for 150 years. That's when he's been gathering this. This whole RP has taken a couple of months, in-game time. If that.

If you want, I can clutter things up with random "ninjas, go gather information" posts, but it could also be assumed. Kind of like how it's assumed the 1st Division does lots of paperwork, and 4th Division is always healing people.

I mean, when I posted that link to the "Ninja Assassin" trailer, and said that my newbie unseated officers were, by and large, at the same level of skillfulness and awesome as the ninja in that film (including the main character), I was being dead serious.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-08-02 at 05:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Zombie

I think someone who has been a Captain for 150 years will have noticed a few things about his fellow Captains and Vice-Captains. I honestly don't see anything unreasonable in what KD suggests.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-08-02 at 05:56 PM.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    I think someone who has been a Captain for 500 years will have noticed a few things about his fellow Captains and Vice-Captains. I honestly don't see anything unreasonable in what KD suggests.
    I'm saying he should have to at least make some ATTEMPT at actually doing this IC, as of right now he's NEVER attempted to garner information on his allies, and to me it seems like a needless ability being stacked upon Satoshi's already percariously high mountain of them.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm saying he should have to at least make some ATTEMPT at actually doing this IC, as of right now he's NEVER attempted to garner information on his allies, and to me it seems like a needless ability being stacked upon Satoshi's already percariously high mountain of them.
    ...It's been in my character write-up since day 1.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

...It's been in my character write-up since day 1.
    You've never made a action is my point. If you had EVER set out a small team of ninja's, RP'd training with those of us outside of Shirubaru, or some others I'm not aware of, or even set forth a simple survey for "documentation" reasons. Hand Waving it OOC just doesn't work for me.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

It's not like no one else could manage to get info on all or at least most of the Captains of the Gotei.

List of other people I could see investigating as such: Kil-J, Kachisuke, and maybe Daisuke, as he's the CG and should probably know about his subordinates.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #208

You've never made a action is my point. If you had EVER set out a small team of ninja's, RP'd training with those of us outside of Shirubaru, or some others I'm not aware of, or even set forth a simple survey for "documentation" reasons. Hand Waving it OOC just doesn't work for me.
    Well... you're one out of... I don't know how many. BUT I really don't think this is something to be making a big deal out of.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-08-02 at 06:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There's a simple solution here.

Anyone who disapproves of this notion, does not have to fight Satoshi if it comes to that.

There, problem solved.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Satoshi is completely capable of it, he's a ninja, as are the entirety of his squad, so if he has done this or does this in his spare time, I don't see why we'd need to play it out. It's not like we play out Kil-J making every minor arrest, or every bar fight that the 11th Squad starts.

I can see your concern that Satoshi shouldn't be able to know everything everywhere but I think if it's in his character, and apparently it has been, I don't see why it's such a big deal or stretch to assume that he has at least dug up basic info on all of his comrades of at least Lieutenant or Captain rank, maybe some stronger lower seats peppered in, but.

Really don't see a reason to make a big deal about this.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-08-02 at 06:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!