New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: sith vs jedi confusion

I look at the light side and the dark side as two sides of a scale. The force is constantly trying to balance itself out. During the old republic the Jedi were in greater numbers, they did a lot of good all across the galaxy. So the scale tipped in their favor. But Anakin and the emperor wiped out the Jedi and did a lot of evil. This tipped the scales back the other direction. So they now had the scales in their favor. But when Luke turned Vader back to the good side, and the emperor was killed, they began to tip the balance again. but it would take a lot of work to bring the force back into balance.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Think about it. One-on-one teaching = Better. Jedi are, for lack of a better term, mass-produced, whereas Sith are hand-made. A jedi is a toyota, which takes 11 hours to assemble. A Sith is a rolls-royce, which takes 6 months to assemble. A sith can easily slaughter many, many Jedi before he is taken down. Look at Dooku or Maul, both of whom took two Jedi to take down, and in both instances one was injured or killed.

Why am I comparing Lightsaber-wielding, Force-slinging, zen-spewing, combat and philosphical machines to cars?
    The hideous monster I'm kinda responsible for.
    The new thing, due to something I said:Viva el presidente Hefty Brick!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know, but I'd like to point out that such was only true during the time of Darth Bane's rule of two. During times such as, say, Knights of the Old Republic, Sith were being mass-produced too. And, as I always quote, it depends on the Jedi who's fighting. ;)

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel Kleyvanacavth
    I don't know, but I'd like to point out that such was only true during the time of Darth Bane's rule of two. During times such as, say, Knights of the Old Republic, Sith were being mass-produced too. And, as I always quote, it depends on the Jedi who's fighting. ;)
    Yurp. It depends on you timeline and story.

If talking about just the movies, Jedi are limited by politics, the Sith control politics. With the Sith in control of "the people" the Jedi are pretty well screwed, untill too late.

The Jedi master emotions, the Sith manipulate them. An unexperienced Jedi can easily be taken down by a sith, because the Sith can manipulate the emotions not yet mastered. However if faceing a experienced Jedi the Sith will have no advantage in that sense.

The Sith's morals are far different from the Jedi. They allow the Sith to cross the borders that a Jedi wouldn't even consider to get the job done. This does not make the Sith more powerfull than the Jedi. It only makes them apear so. Because they don't follow the "rules of the game" (no slaughtering of innocents etc.) the Sith can achieve their goals much faster useing bloodshed and manipulation as an exsample, instead of apealing to the good old Jedi code.

Also, keep in mind that the Jedi rarely plan things. They tipically do not wish to control things, so they just take things as they come, and do the best with what they have. The Sith on the other hand are always plotting and schemeing. You could think of it like an experienced Soldier and an opposeing General. A General plans and controls things (like the Sith), and the Soldier is forced to have his moves determind by what the General chooses to throw at him. However one on one, the general and soldier are pretty equal in killing skill. It is just the way they work that allows one to apear greater than the other.

All and all I would say that The greatest of the Jedi Masters and The Greatest of the Sith are equal in power, and it is just the fact that the Sith "fight Dirty" to achieve power, that makes the Sith seem the masters of events to the common people of a galaxy far far away.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

There's just two sith, but there are still dark jedi and darkside cult members and sith witches and stuff.

- Hey, now, let's keep things professional. I'm not one of those disgusting biophiliacs.

one thing commoners do well is work and build stuff. - the_tick_rules

Characters
    Loft Flombard - Underdark Kidnapping

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Old el Paso
    There's just two sith, but there are still dark jedi and darkside cult members and sith witches and stuff.

There are only two Sith who take on the title of DARTH, throughout history there have been hundreds of true dark jedi who take on the name Sith at once.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

well I can end this right now...

Jedi are only as strong as Geogre Lucas allows them to be, the same with the Sith
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtiburon on Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy games are meant to be single player, epically deep stories, massive character depth, AND A GOD DAMN LINEUP BATTLE! I hate that free roam ****... There needs to be a world map, and an airship. Those are the basics that should never be abandoned in a FF game... Otherwise, it's just not a final fantasy, it's something else.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnag40k

Jedi are only as strong as Geogre Lucas allows them to be, the same with the Sith

As if that tactic has ever worked in ending a geek argument. We live to argue! No mere reason or logic can stop us!
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnag40k

Yeah. Especially since I made that point a page ago.

I'm reminded of sometihng JMS once said about his series, "Babylon 5". When asked how fast the White Star could fly he answered, "at the speed of Plot".

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

ok, im going to compare the Jedi and the Sith to the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance (respectively)

Where the Jedi are very numerous (circa Episode 1-3) the Galactic Empire is numerous. (Circa Episode 4-6)

("The sith have not been seen for over a millenia")
    Where the Sith are few, the hide. They had time to study their opponents and catch them flat-footed. (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were not prepared for the fighting style of Darth Maul, as his lightsaber had not been seen in quite some time.) and if someone says that a single sith can just walk into a room and slaughter a handful of jedi, why was Obi-Wan able to kill maul, a vastly superior opponet? once again, the victor had surprise on his side.
    the Rebellion hides and studies its opponets before striking, hence why it was never really a standing army, but a hit and run terrorist organisation (on a side note, no RTS will ever be accurate when it comes to the Rebelion vs the Empire)

I hope this makes sense to people. if you need clarifications, i think i am smart enough to respond.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel Kleyvanacavth

There are only two Sith who take on the title of DARTH, throughout history there have been hundreds of true dark jedi who take on the name Sith at once.
    Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Darth Traya.

That's three at the same time.
    Check out my first creation, the Wrathling. Look at it, comment on it, help balance it, vote for it. Any help is appreciated.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Yes, but that was before the Rule of Two, and only shortly after the creation of the Darth title.

Those three were the fourth, fifth, and six everto take the title of Darth (maybe 5, 6, and 7...did Bastila ever formally add a Darth?) Revan and Malak basically just pulled it out of thin air to say "hey, we're bad guys now." Later Sith Lords just took the title and expanded upon it, Traya being the first to use a pseudonym. It was a new thing, and formal rules weren't estalished as such.

This has been a narrow response from someone just joining the conversation.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, the KOTOR games take place before anyone ever called themselves a Darth, and before the "rule of 2"

Darth Bane was the first (Darth was his first name) and he deemed it appropriate to make it a title along with an ominous name to follow (Sidiuos-Insidious, Tyranous-Tyranny, Maul-Maul, Plageus-Plague)
    And the Battle of Ruson was where all But Darth Bane of the Sith were wiped out, and shortly thereafter he created the rules of the Sith that we recognize.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.