New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1433
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Community Worldbuilding Project [Ishka: Urban and Urbane]

Looking at the wiki, the Herald of the deep master seems like it should have the portal ability changed. Mainly due to the change in what the aberration district is (and with the portals being changed to normal gates and Alliance holes). That said, I'm not quite sure what it should change too, but perhaps either something based on them being called heralds or just going the easy way and giving them aberration blood as a bonus feat (and perhaps one other feet from that group).

Also, just a note on the typing stuff on the wiki, be careful about putting in wiki text. Some examples would be ---- or ~~~ (or ~~~~) which change into things. this can be avoided by using putting `` on either end of it though (the `` is used to tell it not to take something as wikitext). There are others also and they can be found in the help menu.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Blizme, I think your off a bit on your calculations about the Teir 3 stations. In Silverscales, there are two sets of 18 stations, one going up to the top and wrapping around, the other going down to the bottom and around.

like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

-----11---9----- Top of Canyon
    ~~~12~~8~~~
    ~~~13~~7~~~
    ~~~14~~6~~~
    ~~~15~~5~~~
    ~~~16~~4~~~
    ~~~17~~3~~~
    ~~~18~~2~~~
    ~~~1~~~1~~~
    ~~~2~~~18~~~
    ~~~3~~~17~~~
    ~~~4~~~16~~~
    ~~~5~~~15~~~
    ~~~6~~~14~~~
    ~~~7~~~13~~~
    ~~~8~~~12~~~
    ~~~9~~~11~~~
    -----10---10---- Bottom of Canyon

Therefor, you are, AT MOST, ten stations away from your tertiary stop. By making your needlessly complex of confusing pattern, your saving one stop from the longest trip. 5 minutes. Unfortunately, figuring out where your crazy figure eight loop goes will probably make each customer spend those 5 minutes all over again.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    Blizme, I think your off a bit on your calculations about the Teir 3 stations. In Silverscales, there are two sets of 18 stations, one going up to the top and wrapping around, the other going down to the bottom and around.

like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

-----11---9----- Top of Canyon
    ~~~12~~8~~~
    ~~~13~~7~~~
    ~~~14~~6~~~
    ~~~15~~5~~~
    ~~~16~~4~~~
    ~~~17~~3~~~
    ~~~18~~2~~~
    ~~~1~~~1~~~
    ~~~2~~~18~~~
    ~~~3~~~17~~~
    ~~~4~~~16~~~
    ~~~5~~~15~~~
    ~~~6~~~14~~~
    ~~~7~~~13~~~
    ~~~8~~~12~~~
    ~~~9~~~11~~~
    -----10---10---- Bottom of Canyon

Therefor, you are, AT MOST, ten stations away from your tertiary stop. By making your needlessly complex of confusing pattern, your saving one stop from the longest trip. 5 minutes. Unfortunately, figuring out where your crazy figure eight loop goes will probably make each customer spend those 5 minutes all over again.
    Actually now that I'm fully awake whilst looking at this and not frustrated with trying to get things onto the Wiki in some semblance of organization, among other things that have been frustrating me lately.....I think BLiZme.2 has a point.....

@BLiZme.2 Sorry for yelling. Sometimes I get over excited.

If I understand correctly in your model which is almost exactly the same as mine with the addition of a "figure-8" on the Secondary and Tertiary lines then you've actually done a very smart thing.

For the sake of simplicity, lets say that all stops on a line are arranged, evenly spaced around a circle with Station 1 at the top of the circle and station 10 at the bottom of the circle in an 18 stop line. What you've done is cut the circle in half with a jump back to 1 before going on to station 11. Thus instead of the longest possible ride being (the number of stops in the line divided by 2) you've made it (the number of stops in the line divided by 4).

If I have once again miss-interpreted please tell me.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think an NPC list could be added to the Wiki, for start I'm going to add the ones from Graveyard Shift

Detective Gordon Tordly
    Race: Corporeal Undead (Human)
    Profession: MI Detective
    Alignment: LN
    Gordon Tordley joined MI as a young man, and quickly became a bitter a callous soul. When he was killed by an Alliance thug, the primary change was that he started wearing dark glasses. Gordon is in rather good shape for an Undead, magic and makeup make him look decently human, and it takes a DC 20 spot check to notice the stiffness of his movements, or the odd color of his skin that gives him away as undead. Of course, his eyes are still clouded over with death, which is why he wears the glasses to hide them.

Gordon is very determined to do his duty. He hates the rampant crime in Ishka, but, like most experienced MI's, has learned to accept that it cannot be changed. He is a skilled investigator, he does not tire nor sleep, and once he gets a lead is known to follow it doggedly to the end.

Gordon in the Campaign: If the PC's get involved with a crime MI is investigating, Gordon may be used.
    As an Ally, he will appreciate the PC's help, but unless they are trained law enforcement personnel, will likely degrade them for being amateurs. He is not so bitter as to actually impede them or refuse their assistance, but he will likely grumble about it. If the PC's screw up the investigation, Gordon will try to get them out as fast as possible.

As an Enemy Gordon will dog the PC's, using every tool he has to track them down. He will not actually attempt an arrest until he is certain the PC's are guilty, and will try to take them on alone or with a few other MI's. If it's clear he cannot overcome them physically by himself, Gordon will bring all the backup he can to ensure a successful arrest.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Frankie Lakree
    Race: Half-Devil Orc
    Profession: Alliance Boss

Frankie Lakree works out of a used bookshop and looks as harmless as a orcish half-devil can. He's somewhat overweight and is fond of smoking cheap cigars and speaking in an overly friendly tone. In fact, he is one of the sharpest criminal minds in the city. Though the Alliance does do major crimes, it survives on the thousands of petty crimes that happen every day, and Frankie coordinates most of those. Petty thefts, Safe houses, extortion rackets, embezzlement. Frankie is the ultimate middleman, and he gets a cut of almost everything that happens in the Alliance. However, he's distant enough from any crimes to avoid legal prosecution, allowing him to work almost openly.

He seems friendly, but Frankie is as ruthless as he is intelligent. He started as low-layer thug, and runs his operation like a business. Anybody who crosses him is likely to receive a stern warning, if they refuse, they'll end up dead or in the vault.

Frankie in the Campaign

As an Ally, Frankie is resourceful. He will do little directly, but he will gladly introduce the PC's to any number of people who can help them. If you need information, equipment, a safehouse, an alibi, or almost anything else, Frankie can probably get it for you. However, his services always come with a price, frequently in the form of "Favors", which he will collect on.
    Frankie knows that MI tolerates him because he keeps things organized, doesn't get involved in anything too nasty, and is more trouble than he's worth to take down. However, if the PC's start stirring up too much trouble, Frankie will cut ties with them without a moments hesitation.

As a foe, Frankie is incredibly dangerous. He won't do anything directly, but depending on how much he wants the PC's stopped, he will cause trouble for them at every turn. Thugs waiting in the alleyways, hitmen stalking over rooftops, he'll even use the legitimate authorities against the PC's. However, he will leave you alone if the PC's make it clear that he would lose more by taking them down than by letting them live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Good idea. As a suggestion for putting that on the wiki, make a new page for notable NPCs (linked from the stories page) then have each of them link to their first appearance in their story on the stories page (or at least the first chapter they show in). For example you might put the header for Franky
    Frankie Lakree
    **Race:** Half-Devil Orc
    **Profession:** Alliance Boss
    **First Appearance:** [[Stories about Ishka#GS9|Episode 9]]
    (this is in wikitext, the **'s make the enclosed text bold while the other thing is the proper format for the link's (in this case to the correct place once I update the page to have links to all the stories added after episode 6).

Also, a suggestion, perhaps we could make some background feats (or something) for the various districts. Possibly they would add about balanced benefits and penalties and also grant another feat (so as not actually using up your feat), but only be able to be taken at level 1.
    For example:
    Ravenshome Raised (District)
    Having grown up in Ravenshome, you have developed a good memory for the sake of learning any rules or guidelines, as well as quick reflexes to follow them. Unfortunately due to the lack of more mundane hazards your knowledge of general city survival has suffered as have your responses to combat.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus to all knowledge checks as well as a +1 bonus to reflex saves. You may also always appear as Lawful to any spells or abilities detecting alignment, and requirements for feats or PRCs requiring the Lawful alignment regardless of your actual alignment. You gain a bonus feat.
    Penalties: You take a -2 penalty to Urban Survival and tumble checks as well as a -1 penalty to your Dex bonus to AC and your initiative bonus. Your history of following rules also causes a -2 penalty for all checks and saves to avoid obeying another person provided the dictated actions aren't illegal.

Also, an idea for an effect on people due to the magical taint in Ishka (needs a name).
    There are some people who repress various feelings, impulses, etc. So much so that given the appropriate stimulus (normally shock or trauma), it would develop into another personality. However, due to the amount of magical pollution in Ishka, sometimes these repressed emotions get warped and become their own beings. Lacking a body or anything else however, they are bound to the person they came from and can only communicate with them.
    They are however able to move a short distance from the person and can explore the environment. Lacking a body or form of any kind, they can pass through barriers that don't block thoughts (such as anti mind reading barriers, they aren't blocked by walls of force or the like though). While this might be thought of by some as a useful ability, it is generally much less so. They are almost always chaotic and at odds with the actions of the person they are from, and usually give bad ideas or intentionally misinform them to make them do what they want.
    A whatever it's called lacks not only a body, but also a soul. They are simply a separate personality, given freedom by magic. They do not rely on magic to exist however, and as such would could survive in an antimagic field, though they would lose their ability to move separate from the person they are from for the duration of their stay there. Some however have managed to gain more magical energy allowing them to occasionally manipulate physical objects.
    While one would expect a large number to be in Ravenshome (as almost anyone raised there has the necessary mindset to make one), there are actually surprisingly few there. The reason is that the magical energies needed are oddly absent in Ravenshome (as is most of the magic pollution found in the rest of Ishka). However, when someone from Ravenshome goes to another district, there is a reasonable chance they might encounter the magic needed to create one (and a more than reasonable chance they will be capable of making one). Their incessant suggestions to break the rules however make this a less than desirable trait for life there however.

Not quite sure how this would best be incorporated. I could see it as either a feat or a template, with a PRC to progress it and gain more benefits. Some general ideas though would be the ability to make a diplomacy/sense motive check to gain a boost to knowledge checks and gather information checks (possibly listen and/or spot), but have to make will saves to avoid listening to the suggestions to break laws or the like. The PRC would likely gain benefits like boosts to attack and dex bonus to AC, as well as so things like the ability for it to occasionally deflect projectiles for you, more reliable information gathering, and bad will saves as well as being more susceptible to its suggestions (you need to give some to get some). Unlawful people would likely tend to get along better with theirs.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

6. - Top - End - #1086

@BRC: Love the idea to put up NPC's. Would you mind if I put up some NPC's of my own?

@Owrtho: I like the idea of District based Feats and what you've got for the Ravenshome Feat. Not sure about your magical taint idea....yes I think there should be something to account for the effect of all the loose magic of Ishka, I don't know that that's necessarily where I would have gone with it.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    @BRC: Love the idea to put up NPC's. Would you mind if I put up some NPC's of my own?
    Go right ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Go right ahead.
    Well here's a link to the original thread I put up a while back. This is a group of Bards who would likely be encountered in the Entertainment District or perhaps wandering around Galdren. If people like them I'll copy/paste them onto the NPC page

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Not sure about your magical taint idea....yes I think there should be something to account for the effect of all the loose magic of Ishka, I don't know that that's necessarily where I would have gone with it.
    Well, I thought of the idea when I thought it would be funny to have someone who lives in Ravenshome with a spirit always trying to give them bad advice and make them break the rules and only they could hear and see it. The problem was that if there was such a spirit, it would clearly be breaking the rules and thus vanished (initially the idea was that there are some ghosts among the gambling group that feel the need to try improving the odds, so give tips good or bad depending on what they bet on to the person, and some people are for some reason almost always being bet on). As such I thought at first of them being insane, but that didn't quite fit as the thing would know stuff that the person couldn't. Thus I came up with that.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2010-05-23 at 08:02 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

10. - Top - End - #1090

That does seem like an interesting idea.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Firbolg in the Playground

Umm... trying to find the skeleton template here... not going well...

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you check the wiki? It can be found under the link on the Races and Variant Rules on the main page, or Stats on the side panel.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Ishka belongs not on the second page.

Well, thought I'd make an explanation of what district feats are and copy the Ravenshome one as I forgot the requirements. Ideas for what other districts would grant would also be good (as would fully made district feats).

District Feats
    District feats represent having be raised in a specific district for a notable portion of your early life. All district feats require that they be taken at first level and that you have no other district feats. Each district feat comes with both benefits and penalties for having been raised in it. Many also grant an additional feat.

Ravenshome Raised (District)
    Having grown up in Ravenshome, you have developed a good memory for the sake of learning any rules or guidelines, as well as quick reflexes to follow them. Unfortunately due to the lack of more mundane hazards your knowledge of general city survival has suffered as have your responses to combat.
    Prerequisites: 1st level, no other district feats, raised in Ravenshome
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus to all knowledge checks as well as a +1 bonus to reflex saves. You may also always appear as Lawful to any spells or abilities detecting alignment, and requirements for feats or PRCs requiring the Lawful alignment regardless of your actual alignment. You gain a bonus feat.
    Penalties: You take a -2 penalty to Urban Survival and tumble checks as well as a -1 penalty to your Dex bonus to AC and your initiative bonus. Your history of following rules also causes a -2 penalty for all checks and saves to avoid obeying another person provided the dictated actions aren't illegal.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

14. - Top - End - #1094

Mages District Raised(District)
    Having grown up in The Mage's District, you have some innate talent for magic due to the ambient magic so prevalent in the area, however being raised in an area with so much magical radiation also has some drawbacks.

Prerequisites: 1st level, no other district feats, raised in The Mages District.
    Benefits: Chose one arcane cantrip, you may use it as an At-will ability.
    Penalty: When you use your At-will cantrip ability roll d6 on the following table:
    1 - Nothing happens, spell does not work.
    2 - Spell goes off but is delayed 1d4 rounds.
    3 - Spell goes off but your hair changes color randomly and stays that way for 1d4 hours.
    4 - Spell has reverse effect.
    5 - Spell has no effect and you take 1d4Non-lethal back-lash damage.
    6 - Spell goes off normally.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

I was actually thinking of something similar to that for mage district (the at will cantrip), but couldn't think of a drawback. I notice you didn't grant an extra feat with it, but it seems like it is strong enough to make sense that it doesn't. Seems like some other type of penalty could be useful though (as the current one only effects the ability gained which is wholly optional to use).

Perhaps something like having grown up using magic you're more adept at using it such that the arcane failure penalty of armor is reduced (possibly treated as a category lower), but due to bad habits learned through improper teaching you have a base arcane failure of 5% (doesn't stack with that granted from other sources).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Silverscale: it’s ok it happens to everyone in general you are correct if I read you right (the their two short cut was your idea by the way
    Spoiler
    Show
    QUOTE=Silverscale;8370597]The only nitpick I have with the system as currently written is that NO Primary station should be connected to all Third Cycle Lines as that would mean that there are hundreds of Third Cycle Chambers in Primordium Central. It should be connected to ALL Secondary Lines as there are only nine of those.

Here is exactly what I think should be found in Primordium Central Station other than the shops, ticket booth, etc.
    --One Tier 1 Chamber (As there are only 9 stops on the whole line it just runs in a continuous cycle)
    --18 Tier 2 Chambers (9 Lines cycling "Forward", 9 Lines cycling in "Reverse")
    --Two Tier 3 Chambers (One cycling up the layers {when it gets to the top of the canyon, it cycles straight to the bottom to start the cycle over}. One cycling down the layers {when it gets to the bottom of the canyon, it cycles straight to the top to start the cycle over}
    --Two Tier 4 Chambers (Similar to the way the Tier 3 work only this time cycling "left-right" and "right-left"[/QUOTE]
    ). Remember? You were frustrated by my suggestion all tier threes should connect to PCS and asserted it should be all tier twos instead). I just specified that the tier two connections to PCS were the opposite station and pointed out that the white line should be connected twice. Now adding a second pair of tier threes to all main and color line stops was my idea, but I had it after looking at the benefits of your idea (which looks to have been inspired by my earlier bad idea). Your math is essentially correct I cut the circle in half by stretching the connections to location 10 and putting that in station 1. Thus traveling time = {(# of stations -1 root station- 1 short cut location)/(2 for bidirectional)/(2 for two path choices)max number of jumps to next level up}*(5 minutes per jump) which for 18 is 20 minutes. Without the modification the equation is traveling time = {(# of stations -1 root station)/(2 for bidirectional) max number of jumps to next level up}*(5 minutes per jump) which for 18 is 45 minutes.

@ForzaFiori you are in error in ether version of the network there are 9 main line locations, 18 color line locations, 36 tertiary locations, and 9 quandary locations (this means there are two sets of 36 stops one set heeding up and the other heading down in 36 locations. {Each location having one pair of stops one up one down.}) Pleas reread my lexicon as this may solve the dilemma or allow you to point out any inconsistency it may have.
    lexicon re post
    Spoiler
    Show

Stop: the place one Carriage sits at in a station
    location: the place where a line stops i.e. the spin ward and counter spin ward stations stops for one line referred to as a set (one station can have two locations on the same line in it. For example the white line has two locations on the main line stop that is the root of the white line (Primordium Central Station) and a the 9th stop on the white line which is the Primordium shortcut location for the white line).
    Root: the first location on a line.
    Station: the building one or more locations are housed in often with a ticket counter and shops.
    line: the set of both routs that share the same set of locations in reverses order from each other, each line location is numbered the same as one of its component lines which line is chosen arbitrarily the matching rout is called the spin ward rout the other is counter spin ward.
    Spin ward: the direction of the main rout of a line {alternately the rout or a carriage Traveling that direction} (up river is spin ward for tier 2)(up layers is spin ward for tier 3)(to the right when facing up river is spin ward for tier 4).
    Counter spin ward: the rout that is in the opposite direction of spin ward.
    Rout: a collection of stops in a given order each stops on a line has a number, one station in each rout is connected to the next highest line and is called the main location or root of that line, and is numbered 1, Primordium Central Station is the root of the main line.
    Farthest point/Farthest location: the station or stations that are located farthest from any station of the next tier up measured in station jumps.
    Opposite station/Opposite location: the station located farthest from a given lines root measured in station jumps on that line (distinct from Farthest point in that it only counts the first location on a line as a valid location and not the shortcut location. ex. the main line necropolis station (the black line root) is counted but the black line short cut location in Primordium Central Station is not thus the short cut location is the opposite station).
    Sort cut location: a location that is in a higher tier station than the current line but is not the root location of the line.
    Chamber/ Carriage: the part of a station that actually teleports.

In ether version of the network the root of all the lines except the main line (PCS) is in the same station as at least 1 stop in the next tier up. There are at least 13(14 with my mod) distinct locations in PCS on 12 lines (ether version) (the white line is there twice as the PCS’s color line and the white line short cut location is the second(the PCS tertiary line, short cut location would be the other double represented line in my version).
    they are thus arranged like this
    Spoiler
    Show

{TABLE]
    spin wise Rout| counter spin wise Rout| jumps from root station |time in minutes |info
    18|20|17|85|top of canyon
    17|21|16|80|
    16|22|15|75|
    15|23|14|70|
    14|24|13|65|
    13|25|12|60|
    12|26|11|55|
    11|27|10|50|
    10|28|9|45|
    9|29|8|40|
    8|30|7|35|
    7|31|6|30|
    6|32|5|25|
    5|33|4|20|
    4|34|3|15|
    3|35|2|10|
    2|36|1|5|
    1|1|0|0|Root location & middle of canyon
    36|2|1|5|
    35|3|2|10|
    34|4|3|15|
    33|5|4|20|
    32|6|5|25|
    31|7|6|30|
    30|8|7|35|
    29|9|8|40|
    28|10|9|45|
    27|11|10|50|
    26|12|11|55|
    25|13|12|60|
    24|14|13|65|
    23|15|14|70|
    22|16|15|75|
    21|17|16|80|
    20|18|17|85|
    19|19|18|90|opposite location, farthest point & bottom of canyon could be top in stead
    [/TABLE]

or this my mod
    Spoiler
    Show

{TABLE]
    spin wise Rout| counter spin wise Rout| jumps from root station |time in minutes |info
    18|20|17|5|top of canyon
    17|21|16|10|
    16|22|15|15|
    15|23|14|20|
    14|24|13|25|
    13|25|12|30|
    12|26|11|35|
    11|27|10|40|
    10|28|9|45| farthest point A
    9|29|8|40|
    8|30|7|35|
    7|31|6|30|
    6|32|5|25|
    5|33|4|20|
    4|34|3|15|
    3|35|2|10|
    2|36|1|5|
    1&19|1&19|0|0|Root location, opposite location & middle of canyon
    36|2|1|5|
    35|3|2|10|
    34|4|3|15|
    33|5|4|20|
    32|6|5|25|
    31|7|6|30|
    30|8|7|35|
    29|9|8|40|
    28|10|9|45| farthest point B
    27|11|10|40|
    26|12|11|35|
    25|13|12|30|
    24|14|13|25|
    23|15|14|20|
    22|16|15|15|
    21|17|16|10|
    20|18|17|5| bottom of canyon
    [/TABLE]

lastly you are not counting the stations correctly while assuming your initial premise that we are talking about a line with 18 locations 10 10 is indeed the opposite station and without a short cut the farthest station 10 10 is only 9 jumps or stations away from the root. Because the station only makes 9 jumps to get there but that means you are in a total of 10 stations over the whole trip. Don’t sweat it though counting errors like this happen in programming ALL the time and are easy y to miss. I do not understand how you reached the conclusion this would only remove 5 minutes as you can start or end at their location 1 1 or 19 19 as they are in the same station and thus only a few feet to a few yards tops away from each other.
    Plus the shortest rough to PCS is clearly marked throughout the network so that should make things easier (how about we use in to refer to riding a station heading ward PCS and out to mean heading away). So an example of station directions could be get on quandary 6C34d and ride it in to the tertiary then ride it out two stations and then ride out counter 4 stations and you shoulder be at station 6C32i. In more normal language start at the specified quandary station 6C34d, then follow the to PCS arrow until you are at the tertiary station associated with the quandary, then ride against the to PCS arrow on the tertiary line for 2 jumps, finally ride counter spin wise against the arrow for 4 stations, then you will be at quandary 6C32i.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-05-26 at 02:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silverscale Your NPCs need a little tweaking to fit in Ishka but in my opinion they would be a fine addition.
    As to regional feats in general other wordbooks usually have them be slightly better than other feats with the draw back of limiting you to one and requiring you take it at first level the idea of giving you an ability a drawback and another feet seams balanced wit the same only one only at LV1 limitation but I think the bonus feet should be off a limited list based on the district you are from so I could not take say skill focus slight of hand as my ravenshome(also +2 to ALL knowledge skills is to much{especially with the other 2 abilities}. Maybe make it chose any 1 or maybe 2) raised bonus feat other than that this seems ok.
    Silverscale’s feat seems good (maybe even a little week?) with out play testing I’m not convinced.
    Also there should be a feet for corporeal undead to represent the gentle repose tattoos like Gordon has because his situation dose not just represent the magic tattoos it also represents the luck he had in coming to quickly and being in a position to get them right away otherwise the tattoos would mainly just keep your smell down as opposed to make you look normal (if others agree I will right it up and the tattoos as a magic item for the less lucky). Also BRC is Gordon a Generic skeleton (he is new relatively to undeath and still has his flesh {in theory as described a generic skeleton could use mending [and or make whole] regularly coupled with gentle repose to remain virtually unchanging in appearance}) Generic zombie or something else?

Let me try one
    Collected collages raised (District)
    Being raised around academics you picked up a vast array of trivia and learned exultant study skills but you are easily distracted and may miss things or social clues
    Prerequisites: 1st level, no other district feats, raised in The Collected collages
    Benefits: All of your classes treat every knowledge skill as a trained skill and you may answer difficult questions (DC 10+) if you are untrained at -5 further you may learn one extra arcane spell of the highest level you know every 5 levels. Choose one of the following as a bonus feat {Combat Casting, Eschew Materials, Skill Focus(any knoladge, aprase, craft, spell craft, desipher script,)}
    Penalty: -1 to bluff and passive listen and spot checks
    May be op

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZme.2 View Post
    Silverscale Your NPCs need a little tweaking to fit in Ishka but in my opinion they would be a fine addition.
    Thanks. They were origionally written up for regular D&D but when I post them to the Wiki I'll tweak them to fit a little better into Ishka fluff-wise

Silverscale’s feat seems good (maybe even a little weak?) with out play testing I’m not convinced.
    If it seems a little weak perhaps make it a level 1 At-Will spell and have the penalty apply to all cantrips and 1st level spells?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1099

I put up the NPC page and made a couple of edits to Earth, Wind,and Fire so they would fit better into Ishka. If anyone else has ideas for NPCs or wants to do a write-up for ones we already have feel free.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100

I've added several "Warforged" Feats to the Construct page and edited the entry for "Sphen" to make it a nature preserve in The Port District.

I've also edited "The Chambers" to make it a sub-section of The Vault, and "Shadowgate" to be a sub-section of Everdark.

I've gotten permission to post other "Warforged" Feats that I found on the forums, but I'll do that when I get home.

We still need a write up for "The Entertainment District" and "The Lake District" if anyone wants to tackle those.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101

Not the Second Page....

Just had a thought about the Stations that would make getting around easier. Since having a map of the entire Station system would be confusing at best, even the Great Map in the center of P.C.S. only have the Primary line's stops highlighted, ho wabout if there is a map above the door to each chamber which shows all stops on the line with direction noted and the currect station highlighted. That way no matter how complex we decide to make everything, people can easily figure out how to get where they want to go by looking at the Station map near the Chamber doors to see which one will take them to their destination the quickest.

Something like this:
    Primordium Central Station --> Central Station 2 --> Central Station 3 --> Central Station 4 --> Central Station 5 --> Central Station 6 --> Central Station 7 --> Central Station 8 --> P.C.S.

And the one above the other Primary Line Chamber would read:
    Primordium Central Station --> Central Station 8 --> Central Station 7 --> Central Station 6 --> Central Station 5 --> Central Station 4 --> Central Station 3 --> Central Station 2 --> P.C.S.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes sense. Would be much the same as bus stops listing the times and others stops for each bus that stops there (at least where I live).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

That’s a lot like my earlier suggestion I like it maybe we can merge the two? I have a relative sketch map of the station net mapped out you should be able to find it here.{fixed link}
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-15 at 09:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104

I think I've got the Wiki pretty well linked together now....still have several things that need to be edited down into a cohesive write-up. As I keep saying, if anyone wants to tackle some of the write-ups feel free.....I'm starting to get the impression I'm the only one trying to make this as complete as we can. We still have about 25 more District Feats to come up with, 2 more Districts that never got an official write-up, probably some districts that need a Rope-Ball team, The Firefighters never got a proper write-up, M.I. Headquarters, maybe some other Streetbuilder Projects, maybe some other campaign starters.....etc.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, haven't gotten to do much work on the wiki recently, but I plan to try working on it some when I get the chance. I've been trying to check every so often and make sure there isn't much in the way of errors though.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven’t been able to get on the computer for very long sense I came home from school so working on the wiki has not been as easy as I would have hoped. I’ll try to do some condensing and rephrasing today. If I can (when i)get my station sketch up here first.
    {Fixed Link}
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-15 at 09:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also did we ever come to a conclusion as to the name of the river lake and canyon earlier I suggested
    I suggest The Rowalaz River, Fissure Canyon, and Lake Leayoratus(the lake name sounds mermish to me and the original inhabitants were merpeople this it makes sense).
    Some other thinks specified that we nee to work out in detailed are
    The tightly controlled version of Detect Magic, (so the backlash does not blind you), (also the affects of the normal version), (how Ishkan wizards often get sensory overload when casting detect magic and its game effects)?
    General rules for Divination spells being interfered with?
    Scrying Beacons what are these exactly (the idea is clear we just need a reference to or to write up the rules)?
    I will amend this list as I find more on the wiki all of this so far is on the main page I will note the page an issue is on

While editing the wiki main page I added my assessment of the general percent breakdown of nonstandard ad in the currency entry on the wiki feel free to take it down (and discuss alternatives here) if you don’t agree here it is for reference
    ~60% of astral diamonds are set in coins valued at 10,000pp
    "common" official values for ad are
    5,000pp,~10%
    10,000pp,~60%
    15,000pp,~15%
    20,000pp,~5%
    30,000pp,~4%
    50,000pp,~3%
    75,000pp,~2%
    100,000pp,~1%
    other coins go up by 50,000pp intervals and make up less than 1%
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-05-30 at 07:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

@The River, Canyon, Lake names, I don't know if we ever said anything about them yay or nay but I put them up on the Wiki anyway since there weren't any other ideas put out.

@Astral Diamonds: I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. What we came up with for currency doesn't follow standard rules for coinage, close but certainly more in-depth. Please explain what you're getting at so I can understand what the problem is.

[EDIT]I took a look at your Station Sketch and I can't read your writing but the picture sorta made sense. Now just imagine that every single primary stop links to a loop of secondary stops, each of which links to a loop of tertiary stops, each of which links to a look of quaternary stops.....now you see why trying to map out the whole system is a cartographer's nightmare.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-05-30 at 08:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

The upper left not says “The {insert small diagram} notation means that the farthest station from PCS on tier 2 and are noted by there letter. The left letter station reaches PCS by heading to its tier 2 root then along the main line shortest path PCS. The right letter reaches PCS by that tier 2's short cut station. If there is only one letter per letter, letter node that means ether rout is the same distance. The inner number is the time to PCS by the shortest rout the other number is a main line station."
    The upper right note is pointing at the square numbered 18 and says "counting aid for location 18 which in the modified network is in the same station as location 1, in the unmodified network this is the farthest point."
    The note in the lower right says "counting aid for station J all of these are connected to PCS."
    the notes next to the arrows pointing from the words farthest point indicate what line this is the farthest point for and if there are more than one how many and if there is another group it says how many that line has in total so
    "t1x2 " means tier 1 2 farthest point stations here no others on this line,
    "t2x2of4" means tier 2 2 farthest point stations here there are two other farthest points station,
    t31of2 means tier 3 1 farthest point station here there is one other farthest point station,
    "t4 "means tier 4 farthest point station no others on this line.
    text in italics is corrected the diagram text is in error.

about the currency 1 the wiki did not have my note about what a diamond piece was so I put that in. 2 when I initially suggested ad currency I mentioned that different value diamonds would be set in different value coins I jus inserted my guess as to the distribution of those different values and the numbers I think official appraisals should round to of coinage.

30. - Top - End - #1110

The upper left not says “The {insert small diagram} notation means that the farthest station from PCS on tier 2 and are noted by there letter. The left letter station reaches PCS by heading to its tier 2 root then along the main line shortest path PCS. The right letter reaches PCS by that tier 2's short cut station. If there is only one letter per letter, letter node that means ether rout is the same distance. The inner number is the time to PCS by the shortest rout the other number is a main line station."
    The upper right note is pointing at the square numbered 18 and says "counting aid for location 18 which in the modified network is in the same station as location 1, in the unmodified network this is the farthest point."
    The note in the lower right says "counting aid for station J all of these are connected to PCS."
    the notes next to the arrows pointing from the words farthest point indicate what line this is the farthest point for and if there are more than one how many and if there is another group it says how many that line has in total so
    "t1x2 " means tier 1 2 farthest point stations here no others on this line,
    "t2x2of4" means tier 2 2 farthest point stations here there are two other farthest points station,
    t31of2 means tier 3 1 farthest point station here there is one other farthest point station,
    "t4 "means tier 4 farthest point station no others on this line.
    text in italics is corrected the diagram text is in error.
    This is all very confusign to me but if it makes sense to you then roll with it for your campaign.

about the currency 1 the wiki did not have my note about what a diamond piece was so I put that in. 2 when I initially suggested ad currency I mentioned that different value diamonds would be set in different value coins I jus inserted my guess as to the distribution of those different values and the numbers I think official appraisals should round to of coinage.
    So basically "Astral Diamond" is a catch all term for high-denomination coinage?

Spoiler
    Show