New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1433
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Community Worldbuilding Project [Ishka: Urban and Urbane]

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    for that matter what is a savannah anyway? I've never really understood the distinction for a savannah. I await your clearification and may stand corrected if it makes more sense.
    Savannas are a grassland ecosystem with being either small enough or widely spaced enough that there isn't a canopy system. They also have seasonal rainfall (aka, a "rainy season" where the majority of the rain falls, followed by long times of no rain). They're typically in Africa, and cover 20% of the earths surfaces. They're typically found between a forest and a desert or plains.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Closed Account

For the Moon District, how about we say it covers the half that's always facing the planet Ishka's on. At least most of that half. Anyway, here's how the magic totems that makes it habitable work. they're minor artifacts. The Moon disctrict itself should have the Light Gravity planar trait.

Air Totem
    This item appears to be an unremarkable stone pillar at first glance, however closer inspection will reveal magical ruins decorating its entire surface. Once the Totem is activated by a command word chosen by it's creator, the only thing that can deactivate it is it's complete destruction. Upon activation, a 100 ft radius of air, centered on the Totem comes into being. The air is not dispersed should it enter a vacuum.

Strong Conjuration, CL 20th

Rust Kobold(Living Construct)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Construct [Living] [Reptilian]
    Living Construct Subtype: Features: A Rust Kobold derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.

Traits: A Rust Kobold possesses the following traits.

Unlike other constructs, a Rust Kobold has a Constitution score. A Rust Kobold does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.

Unlike other constructs, a Rust Kobold does not have low-light vision or darkvision.

Unlike other constructs, a Rust Kobold is not immune to mind-influencing effects.

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.

A living construct cannot heal damage naturally.

Unlike other constructs, Rust Kobolds are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.

Unlike other constructs, a Rust Kobold can use the run action.

Rust Kobolds can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a living construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a living construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. Unlike most living constructs, Rust Kobolds get the full effect from heal and similar spells.

A living construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A Rust Kobold with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a Rust Kobold is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert Rust Kobold does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.

Can be raised or resurrected.

Rust Kobolds need to eat and sleep, but do not need to breathe.

+2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom
    Small Size: A Rust Kobold gets +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, and lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
    Poorly Built: Whenever a creature scores a critical hit on a Rust Kobold, the Rust Kobold must make a constitution check. If it fails the check, then it takes 1d4 lethal damage for every hit die it has, and is stunned for 1 round.
    A Rust Kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Low Light vision
    Automatic Languages: Draconic, Ishkan Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gobbledegook
    Favored Class: Artificer
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-24 at 07:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

We need to distinguish between the living clan of Kobolds and their living construct counterparts somehow with their names.

As to the Air Totem; I guess there's a grid of them set up across most of the visible surface of the moon. I imagine in my head that they create a field of energy between them that acts as a barrier to keep the fresh air in and the vacuum of space out, like the bubbles of Otoh Gunga or the spirit shields around the city in the Final Fantasy Spirit Within movie.

Ok so that works....any ideas about the Lake District since it has yet to get a write up? We have Mere which is the singular layer directly above/on the water, and Undermere which are all the places under the surface of the water, but no description yet for the layers above Mere.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Closed Account

Spoiler
    Show
    Oozekind
    Named bacause they're the only species of intelligent ooze discovered, oozkind are and all of their ancestors are native to the city. Physically, oozekind resemble green, translucent puddles and have no visible organs. They live everywhere in the city.

Oozekind Religion
    Oozekind pay at least token service to all of the cities official saints, and most of its unofficial ones, but which varies from person to person. All oozekind do however venerate one unofficial, only known today as The Great One. Legend has it that it united all the oozkind tribes in the Arcane Sewer and with the their help he was able to destroy one of the barricades in the Sewer, and lead oozekind into the city. The oozekind legend o there origins goes as thus. When some alchemical waste was dropped into the Sewers, it began to mutate and became the first ancestor of all oozekind. These early oozekind were different in one regard only, they, unlike other ooze, could learn. Over time they developed true intelligence and founded the first villages. Of course, these are just legends and have not been proven, and no records mention any breach in the Arcane Sewers.

Oozekind Physiology
    The oozekind have no visible organs, except for the green slime that constitutes their bodies, which acts as a digestive track. Food is absorbed directly by their bodies, and fuels their magicical alchum, their non visible organ. Alchums exist to prevent the digestive slime from escaping the body and to give them shape, and is therefor most similar to an exoskeleton. The alchums however, do nothing to prevent things from entering their body. The oozekind also excrete a yellowish slime that they use to slide across the ground, and because of their slime trail it is extremely easy to track one who is not wearing one of the many suits that provide them a basic humanoid shape. This slime is highly corrosive. Some oozekind have the ability to give themselves a shape similar to a human crossed with a slug, and if a poor oozekind needs to do business with the city, this is the form that they will take. They're sense organ is just that, one organ. They're digestive slime acts as one big ear, eye, and nose. However, they can keenly sense vibrations and they use this as their primary sense.

Oozekind and Ishka
    The oozekind are looked down upon by many of the city's residents as vermin, especially in the Steamworks, where a group of oozekind could easily and accidentally destroy a network of pipes. However, they are legally considered taxpaying citizens, and have rights equal to every other resident of the city. Trash Corps often recruit oozekind, as they have no problem eating trash and a small group of them can easily dispose of the trash in a neighborhood within an hour. While most oozekind aren't very popular, there is one exceedingly wealthy oozekind who own an apartment in Mithril Heights. It gained it's fortune through Gloshform Suits, a company he founded and named after itself that manufactures and sells suits made of non-corrosive metal for oozekind and fire elementals. Oozekind lack their own district, but there are neighborhoods in almost every district where oozekind are the primary or only inhabitants.

Oozekind and Language
    Oozekind lack they're own, native tounge, instead they speak Ishkan for almost all purposes. They replicate the sounds of the language by tapping on whatever surface they're on, so hearing one talk is jarring to most people who aren't used to it. Because oozekind lack the ability to taste, and they can't see color, they have trouble understanding some words like "blue" or phrases like "tastes rotten", and they have developed their own words to describe things like "the vibrations from the floor lead me to believe their is a large monster over around the corner".

Watch this post.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-26 at 08:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Roy View Post
    Watch this post.
    [Keeps eyes on your post]

Are they good, bad, neutral? Where did they come from? How did they become intelligent? If they're good, what are they doing to help the city? If they're bad, how are they effecting Ishka? If they broke out of the Arcane Sewers into the city proper, has the breech been fixed yet? If not, what's leaking out? There's a reason the Arcane Sewers are kept separate from the rest of the sewer system.

I think I have posed enough questions for now and will go back to post watching.

Savannas are a grassland ecosystem with being either small enough or widely spaced enough that there isn't a canopy system. They also have seasonal rainfall (aka, a "rainy season" where the majority of the rain falls, followed by long times of no rain). They're typically in Africa, and cover 20% of the earths surfaces. They're typically found between a forest and a desert or plains.
    It still seems like Savanna is fancy term for Plain, though I will concede that Plains are probably traditionally dryer then Savannas. I would say that originally the area surrounding the canyon was probably more of a plain than a savanna but the canals, and irrigation, and other magical means of keeping the crops watered and productive year round, has probably pushed the climate/ecosystem of the Ishka valley basin closer to a savanna.
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2011-04-25 at 01:48 PM.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Closed Account

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Dwarf in the Playground

i like the oozekind but whats their reaction to other oozes
    Last edited by Temassasin; 2011-04-25 at 03:33 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Threeshades
    look for my community dungeon building thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post10591561
    At least with Chaos you know where you stand which is everywhere and anywhere" Forum Explorer

"Why are you upside down?"-Ender

"who wouldn't like Belkar carrying around a head 10/10"-wxdruid

"Destruction always comes before creation. And for that goal even my conscience must be cast aside"-Lelouch Vi Britania

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Temassasin View Post
    i like the oozekind but whats their reaction to other oozes
    The same reaction we have to monkeys.

EDIT
    Oozekind has been updated.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-25 at 03:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389

The same reaction we have to monkeys.

EDIT
    Oozekind has been updated.
    I like em. Show me a stat block and I'll put em on the Wiki. Also an updated description of the moon colony would be good. Have we decided what metal(s) is(are) being mined up there?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Closed Account

I like em. Show me a stat block and I'll put em on the Wiki. Also an updated description of the moon colony would be good. Have we decided what metal(s) is(are) being mined up there?
    I'm working on two races for Oozekind(one suited, one not. Like the Fire Elementals) and then I'll do a MM Entry for them. As for the moon colony, I'm not sure. If I do a UFO inspired fey monster that's native to the moon, then cold iron is not good, and I've never actually seen starmetal in D&D outside of OOTS. I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide.

EDIt
    Is there any other aspect of oozekind life that anyone is curious about? I don't feel the race is done yet.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-25 at 05:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1391

I'm working on two races for Oozekind(one suited, one not. Like the Fire Elementals) and then I'll do a MM Entry for them. As for the moon colony, I'm not sure. If I do a UFO inspired fey monster that's native to the moon, then cold iron is not good, and I've never actually seen starmetal in D&D outside of OOTS. I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide.

EDIt
    Is there any other aspect of oozekind life that anyone is curious about? I don't feel the race is done yet.
    I know I've seen Star-metal in some book somewhere. At this point I couldn't tell you where. Basically it's a green metal with some special properties.

As for Oozekind; the Races of books have a whole list of little sections they do on new races. A Day in the Life, Description, Overview, Racial Traits, Psycology, Leisure, Arts and Crafts, Tech and Magic, at War, Society and Culture, religion, Pantheon, History and Folklore, Language, Lands, and As Characters. You've touched on most of these and most of the rest will be touched on in a Stat-block.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Closed Account

As for Oozekind; the Races of books have a whole list of little sections they do on new races. A Day in the Life, Description, Overview, Racial Traits, Psycology, Leisure, Arts and Crafts, Tech and Magic, at War, Society and Culture, religion, Pantheon, History and Folklore, Language, Lands, and As Characters. You've touched on most of these and most of the rest will be touched on in a Stat-block.
    Ok, so all I need to do is leisure, art and "A day in the Life" for stuff that won't be covered in the statblock. I'll probalbly do a short section on language too.Anyway, here is one of the races. I think it's at least LA+1, but I'm not sure about that.
    Oozekind
    Spoiler
    Show

Small Ooze
    -2 Charisma
    [B]An oozekinds base land speed is 10.
    Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
    Blindsight
    Vermin (Ex): For all effects related to race, oozekind are considered to have the vermin type in addition to the ooze type.
    Corrosive Slime (Ex): The creature secretes a digestive acid that dissolves organic material and metal quickly, but does not affect stone. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals acid damage, and the opponent’s armor and clothing dissolve and become useless immediately unless they succeed on DC 21 Reflex saves. A metal or wooden weapon that strikes a black pudding also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 21 Reflex save. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

The oozekinds acidic touch deals 20 points of damage per round to wooden or metal objects.. In addition, the oozekind leaves an acidic trail thatremains harmful for 2 turns and deals deals half of that damage every turn, until the two turns are up. The half damage is cumulative, so on the first turn it would deal 10 damage and on the second it would deal 5.
    Born Ishkan (Ex): So long as an oozekind remains in Ishka, it may not gain the extraplanar subtype, even if it enters parts of the city not on the it's native plane. If it leaves Ishka, then it gains the extraplanar subtype, even if it remains on it's home plane.
    Constrict (Ex): An oozekind deals automatic slam and acid damage with a successful grapple check. The opponent’s clothing and armor take a -4 penalty on Reflex saves against the acid.
    Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, an oozekind must hit with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.
    Limbless (Ex): Unless an oozekind is in it's humanoid form, an oozekind may not grasp or use any weapons or tools.
    Humanoid Form (Ex): As a standard action, an oozekind may attempt a concentration check (DC 15). If it succeeds then the oozekind shifts into a semi-humanoid form, with the top half resembling a human with tentacles instead of arms, and the bottom half resembling a slug. While in this form, the oozekind's limbless ability is negated, but the oozekind may not wear rings. In addition, while in this form the oozekind's effective dexterity score is 3, as it has very little control over it's body in this form. At the start of every round, the oozekind must make a concentration check. If it fails then the oozekind drops whatever it was holding with it's tentacles and reverts to it's normal form. If it wishes, it may attempt to enter this form again next turn.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-26 at 01:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, what you have there is a LA +0 if you make the acid damage around 5-10 at low levels to everything and have it scale with levels. If it would have trouble wielding a weapon, then that attack is all it has, and while its overpowered at low level, its underpowered at higher levels. But those are my thoughts, and I'm no expert and creating races or classes yet.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omeganaut View Post
    Actually, what you have there is a LA +0 if you make the acid damage around 5-10 at low levels to everything and have it scale with levels. If it would have trouble wielding a weapon, then that attack is all it has, and while its overpowered at low level, its underpowered at higher levels. But those are my thoughts, and I'm no expert and creating races or classes yet.
    Well, for the weapons, I was going to make a series of feats that would allow it better control of it's humanoid form. If it takes all the feats, it should have perfect control at around level 14 or so, or at least that's what I was thinking.

15. - Top - End - #1395

And have a set of feats that improves its natural damage too, so they can choose which way to go. That would work pretty well, IMHO. I like it!
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Closed Account

And have a set of feats that improves its natural damage too, so they can choose which way to go. That would work pretty well, IMHO. I like it!
    Thanks! I'm not sure about the natural damage feats though, since if you ever ran into a creature that's immune to acid then it'd be screwed. But I'll make 'em anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    District: Reticuli
    Other Names: Zeta
    Government: Duchy
    Police Force: Lunar Patrol
    Description: A hundred years ago a wealthy nobleman from the Commons had a bet with a few of his peers, who ever could do the most outrageous thing within three months got the money. This noble, named Joshua, hatched a plan and got a few of his wizard servants to open a portal to the moon He sent many of his mindless golems through the portal to lay the foundations for a manor. Once they were done, his wizards created Totems that would create thin breathable in the vacuum without it getting sucked into space and stated planting a wide variety of plants to keep the air breathable. Then construction crews were sent through the portal to build the manor. When one of the workers was digging they found large cold iron deposits close to the surface. This caused millions to go through the portal, for a small fee, and start mining. Eventually the mining camps stared growing and eventually covered half of the moon, and many tunnels beneath it.

Today it is a popular vacation destination, as many love the romance of seeing the whole world above them, and many farms have started taking advantage of the lower gravity to grow larger crops. Of course, the mining industry is still the major economic force on Reticuli.

Spoiler
    Show
    Point of Interest: Zetatown
    Description: The neighborhood built around the portal to Reticuli, the area is culturally another part of the moon. The neighborhood itself is primarily populated by those rich enough to regularly commute between the two areas.

I've also got the outline for a possible story set in Ishka, though I very much doubt it will be as awesome as Graveyard Shift. Nothing could be that awesome.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-25 at 10:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Closed Account

A Rastsin Saved pt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orce howled in pain. "Now I told you, we don't know nothin' 'bout the explosion over at Miller's Museum" he spat out blood.

"He's lying. If he won't talk, then hit his friend. He may not care about himself, but I know he'll start talking once his friend is cryin' and spittin' up blood" the Lunar Guardsman said to the other guard. The other guard raised his fist, the brass knuckle easily visible, and hit the dwarf right in the face. The dwarf shrieked in pain.

"Now, now. You gunna tell us about what you did over at the museum, okay? Either of you? The pain'll all be over once you tell us".

The orc, who had been trying to undo the ropes on his hands the whole time, finally succeeded, and made a few quick gestures with his hands and suddenly they both disappeared in thin air.

"That was a close one, Bloody, they almost had us!" the dwarf babbled.

"Well, luckily for us, I still had a teleport spell left. Now, we wouldn't have even been in there if you had listened to me and not trusted that oozekind!" the orc yelled.

"How was I supposed to know it was M.I, huh?

"It's common sense to not trust strangers you met in an alley, and you know it!"

"Blah, blah, blah. Where are we anyway?"

"Oh, gee, did you look up at the sky? We're still in Reticuli you moron! We're lucky we're still in the city at all. I was 'portin blind."

"Great. We're in the one place in the city with watch hounds lookin' for us. Great work Bloody."

"Mardenkiem, one more word out of your mouth and I'll personally rip out your tongue. Anyway, we should get out of here. I'd rather not be killed for resisting arrest."

The pair started walking out of the alley they teleported in to, when the dwarf notices a hole in the wall of one of the buildings. When he goes to investigate, he's sucked in and the orc quickly follows.

Inside the hole was an elegant manor, or at least it would be if the walls weren't moving around at will, the repetitive sound of a heart beating would stop, and if the floor would cease glaring at the two creatures that just entered.

"W-were are we, Bloody?" the dwarf squeaked, quite visible freaking out.

"I don't know, but if I 'ad to guess it'd be the CA HQ" Bloodsplitter replied. "We should get out of here as fast as possible". The orc charged at one of the walls, with the dwarf following close behind, and when they hit the wall, they passed through seamlessly, though they both tripped on the lower part of the wall.

The dwarf quickly stood up, as this wasn't the first time he had fallen flat on his face, and surveyed his surroundings. He was in a dark alleyway, and what little he could see of the buildings lead him to believe he was in Deepmire. As he looked around he saw an extravagantly dressed illithid, and all six of it's tentacles had presumable magic rings on them.

"Ah, I've been expecting you two. Master Slalorn would like to speak to both of you. In person. I sincerely hope he isn't in a merciful mood" the Ulitharid beamed into their minds.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-26 at 01:30 AM. Reason: fixed some grammar.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Troll in the Playground

Humanoid form needs a DC. To deal with the possible acid, why not a feat that lets u change the damage type?

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #1399

Zetatown should definitely be in Mithral heights. Rich people wouldn't want to have to go through the stinky commons to get to the moon. Also, nice story.

And I agree with Forsi, maybe include cold or fire or electricity. I could see those being explained somehow.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    Humanoid form needs a DC. To deal with the possible acid, why not a feat that lets you change the damage type?
    And I agree with Forsi, maybe include cold or fire or electricity. I could see those being explained somehow.
    I'll add in the DC, and I'll do a feat for the damage types.

Zetatown should definitely be in Mithral heights. Rich people wouldn't want to have to go through the stinky commons to get to the moon.
    I put Zetatown in the Commons because I had the noble that established Reticuli be from the Commons. Maybe it was rezoned later, or to avoid paying the "small" fee to use the portal, they set up a line of airships or "spelljammers" to get their from Mithril Heights. Just throwing ideas out their.
    Also, nice story.
    Thanks. I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out, but at least someone liked it. I'll add other parts to it later.

21. - Top - End - #1401

I like the story and the new moon district. I will add them to the wiki along with Oozekind when I get back to my own computer, I don't trust this one not to mess something up.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

Here's my take on the district high above the lake. It's not my finest work, but tell me what you think.

District: Love
    Other Names: Hippietown, the Beatniks, the Pansies
    Government Type: Peaceful indifference
    Police Force: Happy Juice
    Related P.O.I.s: Court of Caring
    Description: Love was founded by one single edict passed down from some unknown sage centuries ago. The edict was “Make love, not war”. When this group of disciples of the Sage stumbled across Ishka, they immediately saw an opportunity to create a new district and name it Love. Here the only law is no violence and no taking anything without the owner’s permission. Surprisingly, these laws hardly ever need to be enforced because of the potent brew created by the district elders, that they call “Happy Juice”. Most of the district is under the influence of Happy Juice at least once a day, and they don’t understand all the chaos and hate that filters up from the rest of the city. If they were to ever need to participate in government, then it would be an open democracy to all who showed up, which has historically been limited to the few residents who had either run out of Happy Juice, or who at the time believed that they were someone else. Needless to say, every other Ishkan believes this district is just plain insane.

Court of Caring
    This court was established in Love to settle civil cases in the district. It is now the preferred court for any civil case to be tried in because everyone seems to be happy with the results. Maybe its just due to the Happy Juice, but it still functions well. The only people who avoid this court are the very rich, due to the fact that they often leave with much less money than they entered with. Judge Peaceful Serenity is the current presiding judge, but he rarely has to use his authority, the cases seem to solve themselves.

23. - Top - End - #1403

Here's my take on the district high above the lake. It's not my finest work, but tell me what you think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Description: Love was founded by one single edict passed down from some unknown sage centuries ago. The edict was “Make love, not war”. When this group of disciples of the Sage stumbled across Ishka, they immediately saw an opportunity to create a new district and name it Love. Here the only law is no violence and no taking anything without the owner’s permission. Surprisingly, these laws hardly ever need to be enforced because of the potent brew created by the district elders, that they call “Happy Juice”. Most of the district is under the influence of Happy Juice at least once a day, and they don’t understand all the chaos and hate that filters up from the rest of the city. If they were to ever need to participate in government, then it would be an open democracy to all who showed up, which has historically been limited to the few residents who had either run out of Happy Juice, or who at the time believed that they were someone else. Needless to say, every other Ishkan believes this district is just plain insane.

Court of Caring
    This court was established in Love to settle civil cases in the district. It is now the preferred court for any civil case to be tried in because everyone seems to be happy with the results. Maybe its just due to the Happy Juice, but it still functions well. The only people who avoid this court are the very rich, due to the fact that they often leave with much less money than they entered with. Judge Peaceful Serenity is the current presiding judge, but he rarely has to use his authority, the cases seem to solve themselves.
    Are you proposing this as the district comprised of the layers above the Lake, previously referred to as "The Lake District"? If so then that's not the place for this district. I'm not sure where this district should go geographically....perhaps near a section of The Groves....but anyway The Lake District which is awaiting a write-up has already been described as a place where wealthy citizens go to have a home on the water. Not quite as upper-class as Mithral Heights or perhaps just a different section of upper-class....anyway to turn such prime real estate into a hippy-commune would probably not go over very well with the locals.

As I said it would be a great district to have elsewhere just not over the lake.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Closed Account

A Ratsin Saved pt 2a
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Listen, Olsanor, your responsible for the Reticuli fiasco. I've pulled a few favors with the higher-ups so you can keep your job, but don't screw up again. You should've apprehended the orc and dwarf the minute you had enough evidence against them" the Detective-Sergeant.

"Sir, I didn't have enough evidence against them. They would have been declared innocent in all but the most totalitarian courts in the city" replied Detective Olsanor.

"Ugh, I don't know how you got it this far, being so ravenspooked, but not everything is done by the book. We knew they were planning something big, and you know that whenever a criminal and us butt heads in court, you know that we always win. Anyway, we need these two apprehended, before word gets out to the whole city. We've managed to keep things under wraps for now, but if word gets out about what happened up there, the public'll kill us both. Apparently our 'good friend' Slalorn in the Undercity had the pleasure of meeting them both. His retainer assured me that their reputation in the Alliance was ruined, and that any money in their bank accounts mysteriously disappeared. He saws they're in the Steamworks near Tinker Terrance. Find them, and if you come back without them, I won't be able to save you again. Understand?"

"Yes Sir!" said the oozekind.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-27 at 01:15 AM. Reason: typo. 2b will be up tomorrow

25. - Top - End - #1405

So far I like the story although a I'd like to see what happened in between section 1&2 to the Orc and the Dwarf.

Having finally taken the time to look up on Wikipedia what the definition of a Savannah is, and from there I looked at the definition for Plains, Steppes, Grasslands, and Prairies; I've determined that the Ishka valley basin most closely resembles Grasslands. Actually the Ishka valley basin is not unlike The Central Valley in California, only a bit longer and proportionally wider.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Closed Account

A Ratsin Saved pt 2b
    Spoiler
    Show

"We are so screwed" said the thin, scrawny orc.

"I still don't know why the Rotting Brain didn't kill us on the spot. He seemed sure that we'd be dead within a day or two" said the dwarf.

"He had better things to do with his spells and powers. Besides, with our bank accounts drained, the M.I lookin' for us, and then he backlisted us in the Alliance. Without all 'o that stuff, he knew we;d be dead and gone within an hour. Still don't know why 'e sent us to the Steamworks"

"Sign says we're near Toytown. That's a mark in our favor. I know a guy in here. 'E was backlisted by the Alliance and fled here, since he was paranoid about Ravenshome" replied the dwarf.

"How coincidental. He's probably workin' with Slalorn or the M.I to get us killed."

"Naw. 'E'ed never turn on an old friend"

"Sure about that?"

"If 'e isn't, then you can kill him yourself. 'Course we don't know where to go after that do we? We can't stay in the city, everyone who's anyone wants us dead."

"We'll escape to the Secret Districts. Your friend knows where a portal to one is, right?"

"'Course"

The dwarf started walking away, with the orc following close behind. Little to their knowledge, a puddle of green goo was following them as well...

When it's edited into the wiki, you can merge the two parts of part two.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-04-27 at 06:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Orc in the Playground

Court of Caring
    Maybe if it was re-flavored just a little bit, it could fit in, but as it stands, it seems to be imposing 20th century RL culture on a magitech setting. A hippie commune district may or may not be a god idea, but please don't call it a "hippie commune district" in the setting.
    This might work better as a demiplane attached to Ishka than an actual in-Ishka district, or at least a very small district. Then there is the actual problem of logistics, given that the hippie communes that have actually survived to this day are much better organized and a lot less drugged out than this one, so this one appears to be held together by Rule of Funny.
    My wonderful Avatar is by licoot.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

There have been communes since at least the time of Jesus (roughly 1-33 AD).

Many religious sects and offshoots who were persecuted (radical jews, christians, and later, pagans) often would live by their selves in some remote area in a commune, because going into town to have a job or trade would have been suicide.

In the late 1800s, a man named Karl Marx had a great idea to take these communes and make them country wide, but I"m not gonna get into politics here, expect to point out the linguistic connection between the words.

The hippies just took an idea that had about died out (especially in America) and revitalized it.

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #1409

When it's edited into the wiki, you can merge the two parts of part two.
    Ok I'll take care of that later though cuz right now i'm running my laptop from battery power.

Going with what ForzaFiori said, I agree with The Anarresti that "Love" would work better as a small off-shoot district somewhere outside of the Ishka valley basin. I don't know that it needs to be on another world or in a demi-plane; and actually I don't think that would really work because then the only way to get there would be through a Gate/Portal which would cost money, which is not something "hippies" generally have a lot of. Perhaps if it was over the Eastern Mountains so that it could be reached by a relatively cheap Airship ride or by foot over the mountains if one were so inclined.

This also assumes that the mountains are not "completely" impassable but high/rugged enough that over ground travel is arduous and not cost effective for trade.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a idea why is everybody running away? i swear this (shoud) not hurt anybody

POI

Name: The Ishkan Steps
    District:None
    Description:The mountans near Ishka are rich in gold but are hard to mine because of the roughness of the mountans outside a few paths which are nearly impassable themselves as well as the ogres and hill giants which live hear dominated by the ogre Cheiftan Krog who is really a greedy oni Named Krogaren

Comments
    Last edited by Temassasin; 2011-04-28 at 05:01 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Threeshades
    look for my community dungeon building thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post10591561
    At least with Chaos you know where you stand which is everywhere and anywhere" Forum Explorer

"Why are you upside down?"-Ender

"who wouldn't like Belkar carrying around a head 10/10"-wxdruid

"Destruction always comes before creation. And for that goal even my conscience must be cast aside"-Lelouch Vi Britania