Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleachitp Episode 21: The Execution Day Arrives! Does this mean Shirubaru's Death

Near the edge of the forest near Soukyoku hill, a grumbling figure climbed out of the Kido net which was now suspended between several trees. He jumped to ground level and brushed himself off, still muttering curses.

"Captain Hideki really needs to add the word 'subtlety' to his lexicon..."

He moved towards the edge of the trees and the open ground, apparently still focused on recovering his balance. In reality he was fully alert already, but he maintained the deception anyway. If Siegfried or one of the other rebels was here then they might be tricked into taking advantage of his 'weakness' and launching an ambush. If not, he'd just have to go and find them himself.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleachitp Episode 21: The Execution Day Arrives! Does this mean Shirubaru's Death

"The Onis are the spirits of criminals, sumoned from hell itself to do their penitence under my command.

The power they wield is a reflex of my own."

Then Masato used his wave of fire again.

"That already failed once, ryoka. Bakudo 81, Danku."

The translucent wall was erected, but this time it did not survive the strike, leaving Hideki staring wide-eyed as it shattered.

And washed over Red Oni, consuming him.

For a few seconds the oni was gone, before Hideki tapped his staff on the floor, and the monster was back again.

"Further, kiling these two is useless. I can restore their forms with nothing but a thought.

I don't know how you got stronger so quickly royka. But you have a long way to go before you can even think of defeating me."

Blue Oni then charged again, shield raised and halberd hefted to strike, while Red Oni jumped high and quickly fired a couple of balas at Masato.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-08-06 at 08:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maeda is, at the moment breaking up fights and ordering evac and healing for the wounded. His player is too lazy atm to actually write out an encounter of any such instance.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damara Shishihara

Damara was glad when the Captain Commander gave the order to halt. He finished dispatching his opponents, a group of eight Tenth Squaders, and begins to evacuate injured and break up fights. He stops looking at people's squad identifiers. It doesn't matter any more.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Lance

Lance takes the 'nocs and nods appreciatively, watching the fight from far away! He whistles at the huge explosion that destroys a large part of Sokyoku hill. "Geez, they're really gettin' serious..."

Wolfgang

Wolfgang stands up and shakes his head, nodding to Tyler before flicking his mask on. In one fluid motion he jumps and flips into his wolf form, barking before heading back for the hill.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Near the edge of the forest near Soukyoku hill, a grumbling figure climbed out of the Kido net which was now suspended between several trees. He jumped to ground level and brushed himself off, still muttering curses.

"Captain Hideki really needs to add the word 'subtlety' to his lexicon..."

He moved towards the edge of the trees and the open ground, apparently still focused on recovering his balance. In reality he was fully alert already, but he maintained the deception anyway. If Siegfried or one of the other rebels was here then they might be tricked into taking advantage of his 'weakness' and launching an ambush. If not, he'd just have to go and find them himself.
    Siegfried, having dodged as soon as Kiljaeran slashed down his sword, had not been struck by Sensouken's second blow. Likewise, he'd not resisted Hideki's first kido, and so had been blown somewhat nearby.

He actually hadn't thought to catch himself with a kido net, instead opting for increasing the padding on his gauntlet. After picking himself up, he noted Kiljaeran picking himself up, and flash stepped to a nearby tree branch.

"So, Kiljaeran-taicho, we've gotten a direct command from the Commander-General to stop. What do you say? If you stay here... then I won't fight you."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Kiljaeran looked up at the speaker on the branch and shook his head. His face was once again contemptuous and had lost the respectful look gained in their last skirmish.

"From the fact that that Kido is telepathic, it looks like we've both been given that order. It's clear from your offer that you don't intend to follow it, which makes you a hypocrite. Your side made the first move and started this insane rebellion and now you act like we're the ones who need to stand down?"

He pointed the blade of Sensouken upwards towards Siegfried's head.

"The captain-commander will rescind the order as soon as he sees that the rebels are still spitting in his face. Surrender now or take your stance."

8. - Top - End - #278

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by quinsar View Post
    Yes, a trap.
    Sort of.
    As soon as Lien is in range Carmen is suddenly stopped.
    She sweeps her right leg to the left and slashes hard to the right. Since Lien is running forward this wll probably very hard to avoid. Jumping back will be hard, since she's running forward. Dodging to the side is near impossible since attacks are coming from both directions.
    ((Seeya!))
    Lien sees the attacks and makes a choice. She shifts to avoid the slash, letting herself take the kick, as it is the less dangerous of the two attacks. The kick lands hard and sends her rolling to the ground. She gasps for air as she comes to one knee.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Carmen grins and quickly recovers, she lunges at the crouching Lien.

10. - Top - End - #280

Masato hopped backwards, trying to avoid the balas. They smashed into the ground in front of him, but before he could recover, the blue Oni leaped through the dust and began its assault. Masato parried what blows he could, but the Oni was faster than he expected. He felt its halberd tear through his robes and sink into his flesh. It wasn't a deep wound, but it was enough to force Masato to back off.

The Onis landed a short distance away as Masato regained his footing. After a few heavy breaths, he spun his sword and plunged it into the ground to steady himself. Despite his condition, he still managed to get a grin through.

"You know," he began, looking straight past the Onis and toward Hideki. "Shirubaru-san taught me a neat trick back in the mortal world. He taught me how to mask my reiatsu by diffusing it over a huge radius."

((I'm going somewhere epic with this. Just play along. ))
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke is annoyed now. And I don't care who stops the fight. But don't make me come down there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

"Really. I heard about the technique, but I can't say I have ever been present when he used it."

Blue Oni sonidos to Masato's side, raising his halberd for a diagonal slash from behind.

"And it appears I will not be seeing it anytime soon."

Blue Oni attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #283

PirateGirl

Lien waits to Carmen is upon her before holding her zanpaktou out. Splinter off, Hahenna tamashi! Defend! Her sword suddenly shatters into seven shards. The shards turn into large rosary beads, roughly a foot across each. They are round and flat with spiraling, bladed arms coming off the edges. Red and tinged gold, four of the reflective beads leap between Lien and Carmen, blocking her attacks. The others spin through the air and sweep at Carmen, ready to slash her like hovering saw blades.

14. - Top - End - #284

Masato had to react quickly, yanking his blade from the ground and deflecting the blow. The impact caused him to slide back a fair distance, but one he was finished, he stopped again. His grin grew a little wider.

"There was a problem with the technique," he explained. "If you're focusing on keeping your energy spread out, then there's no way you can concentrate on fighting when you need to."

Again, he plunged his sword into the ground, but this time, didn't lean on it. He simply stood his ground and looked Hideki straight in the eye. "But don't think you haven't seen it. See, I never really could get the hang on hiding my reiatsu. Shirubaru-san even said that it was a bad technique for me."

He waited to see Hideki's reaction, hoping for a bit of confusion. Although he didn't really get much of a reaction at all, he simply decided to continue with his explanation, "Not because I couldn't do it properly. Nah, it's easy to do. I just have too much spiritual pressure for it to really mask my presence.

"I've been using it ever since I got here."

With that, Masato's eyes began to glow with an eerie red light, then the entire area around him exploded as he began to pile all his reiatsu back into his own body. It wasn't even a natural feeling. His reiatsu seemed to fiddle with the senses of anyone who felt it, and it only got worse the more he piled on. Surely, anyone in the vicinity would be able to feel Masato's growing power.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiljaeran looked up at the speaker on the branch and shook his head. His face was once again contemptuous and had lost the respectful look gained in their last skirmish.

"From the fact that that Kido is telepathic, it looks like we've both been given that order. It's clear from your offer that you don't intend to follow it, which makes you a hypocrite. Your side made the first move and started this insane rebellion and now you act like we're the ones who need to stand down?"

He pointed the blade of Sensouken upwards towards Siegfried's head.

"The captain-commander will rescind the order as soon as he sees that the rebels are still spitting in his face. Surrender now or take your stance."
    Siegfried sighs, and takes up a defensive stance, watching Sensouken warily.

"Forgive me; I was unclear. I was trying to say that if you stand down, I will as well. If that isn't agreeable, then come and get me, Kiljaeran-taicho."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Hideki steadies himself for the pressure, while The two Onis just fall on their knees.

"Sh****t. That is some serious pressure."

"I'm gettind dizzy here. I think if I had a stomach I would puke."

"Who is that kid. How can a human have such a strong reiryoku?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Kiljaeran didn't bother to reply once Siegfried had spoken. Without warning he sent a wave of sound directly forward to slice straight through the tree on which Siegfried was standing. As it fell, he swept his other arm in a practised motion and spoke.

"Way of Binding 62: Hundred Steps Fence!"

An array of hexagonal rails leaped from his hands in an arc before splitting into dozens of smaller versions. They sprayed across the area before him, smashing into trees and sailing through empty space. His eyes darted around and his mind raced at a rapid pace.

"Assuming that he moves to avoid all the rails and falling trees while keeping his footing, he has about a 50/50 chance of landing...there!"

He charged towards an open spot between two of the trees. If Siegfried did end up there he would close to melee and engage him. If not, he would dodge behind cover as quickly as possible, waiting for the enemy to make the next move.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiljaeran didn't bother to reply once Siegfried had spoken. Without warning he sent a wave of sound directly forward to slice straight through the tree on which Siegfried was standing. As it fell, he swept his other arm in a practised motion and spoke.

"Way of Binding 62: Hundred Steps Fence!"

An array of hexagonal rails leaped from his hands in an arc before splitting into dozens of smaller versions. They sprayed across the area before him, smashing into trees and sailing through empty space. His eyes darted around and his mind raced at a rapid pace.

"Assuming that he moves to avoid all the rails and falling trees while keeping his footing, he has about a 50/50 chance of landing...there!"

He charged towards an open spot between two of the trees. If Siegfried did end up there he would close to melee and engage him. If not, he would dodge behind cover as quickly as possible, waiting for the enemy to make the next move.
    Siegfried does indeed appear there. As Kiljaeran closes, Siegfried lashes out with his whip, and a blue flare bursts to life in the middle of his swing, cutting the blade from the wielder. In that instant, he vanishes, reappearing behind his opponent with his whip already reformed, and slashing down. He seeks to trap Kiljaeran between the two perpindicular blades.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately, the second that the first swing began, Kiljaeran had rolled sideways away from it. Having seen two fairly similar traps during their fight so far, anticipating the flanking attack hadn't been difficult. He jumped to his feet and charged once more at Siegfried's new position, being careful to come in from an angle far from the intersecting blades.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-08-06 at 05:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Siegfried flash steps back to maintain distance (and avoid his own blade), and delivers a slash that is far broader than strictly necessary to strike at Kiljaeran.

((Incidentally, I wouldn't say that the tricks that Siegfried's using are essentially all the same. The first was a legitimate attack, and some basic hakudo recovery when his opponent proved too skilled to be taken in by it. The second was simple misdirection, and the third was two simultaneous, legitimate attacks. While the second two have the same basic pattern, they still have differences, and there's nearly nothing in common with his first attack, from what I can see.))
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2009-08-06 at 05:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Lance

Lance whistles as Masato lets loose his reiatsu. "Kids got some pressure. That's some real potential right there..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-08-06 at 05:20 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Siegfried flash steps back to maintain distance (and avoid his own blade), and delivers a slash that is far broader than strictly necessary to strike at Kiljaeran.

((Incidentally, I wouldn't say that the tricks that Siegfried's using are essentially all the same. The first was a legitimate attack, and some basic hakudo recovery when his opponent proved too skilled to be taken in by it. The second was simple misdirection, and the third was two simultaneous, legitimate attacks. While the second two have the same basic pattern, they still have differences, and there's nearly nothing in common with his first attack, from what I can see.))
    {OOC: Sorry, that part of my post was badly worded. The intention was to say that Kiljaeran was expecting two or more attacks in quick succession that came from different angles to form a trap, since that seemed to be a link between the previous combos. And yes, now that I look back, the first one was completely different.}

Even though dodging this wider strand required a slightly awkward ducking roll, Kiljaeran couldn't help but smile as he saw his opponent retreat. A familiar voice echoed through his mind.

"I like this new burst of reckless aggression you have today..."

"It's strategy, hound. He's trying his best to avoid close combat. Those strands would normally be a problem, but as long as he's on the defensive he doesn't have time to make a decent assault."

He picked up his speed, using shunpo where there was enough space to allow it, and continued to close the gap between himself and Siegfried. He wasn't certain who would win if the contest moved to range, but his opponent clearly wasn't confident about fighting a melee battle against the screaming sword.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Lien waits to Carmen is upon her before holding her zanpaktou out. Splinter off, Hahenna tamashi! Defend! Her sword suddenly shatters into seven shards. The shards turn into large rosary beads, roughly a foot across each. They are round and flat with spiraling, bladed arms coming off the edges. Red and tinged gold, four of the reflective beads leap between Lien and Carmen, blocking her attacks. The others spin through the air and sweep at Carmen, ready to slash her like hovering saw blades.
    Carmen is blocked.
    She jumps back, blade ready to try and deflect the blades.
    Severat, Expel!
    The blade shrinks away, and the hilt extends to about two feet. The large black metal ball forms on the end of the hilt. For now, it has no spikes.

24. - Top - End - #294

Masato's robes shook violently as his energy continued to build, and his entire body even began to glow red along with his eyes. However, his eyes themselves were burning with an intensity that he didn't even knew he had. His few wounds had managed to stop bleeding and almost seemed as if they were already mending themselves.

And among it all, Masato continued to prod at Hideki with his explanation, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull this card so soon, but I guess the only way to get you really fighting seriously is to get serious myself."

As soon as it reached its peak, Masato's reiatsu exploded all at once, sending waves of dust out across the battlefield. His reddish glow had subsided, but the determination in his eyes was still as strong as ever. Slowly, he raised his hand and grasped the hilt of his zanpakutou. As soon as it made contact, he seemed to disappear.

A split second later, he reappeared in front of the blue Oni, cutting him clean in half with a quick swing. Without stopping to even look, he charged the flames on his blade and let them loose at the red Oni, which promptly exploded upon impact. He didn't even bother to survey the damage before he was soaring toward Hideki himself at full strength, coming in for an earth-shattering swing.

25. - Top - End - #295

PirateGirl

The bladed beads are blocked easily and do not follow after Carmen as she gets clear. They take up position, orbiting around Lien slowly, ready to block incoming attacks. Lien looks at Carmen's released zanpaktou. The beads around her suddenly break apart, reforming into her sword. She shifts into an offensive stance and takes a few steps towards Carmen.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Hideki stared as Masato destroyed the two Onis, and then as he lunged for him.

"Bakudo 26, Kyakko."

And he vanished, Masato's strike indeed shattering the floor, while Hideki himself reappeared some yards back, facing away from him.

"An impressive reiatsu. And you say you will demonstrate it because you wish for me to fight seriously.

Very well. Prepare yourself ryoka."

Hideki's held his staff to the left, straight along his arm, and slowly moved it in a circle over his head, leaving a trail of silvery orbs behind the head.

"Ban-kai, Onmyōji. Juuni Oni Mahoutsukai."

The trail solidified into twelve orbs similar to the headpiece of the staff itself, hovering above and behind Hideki, who then faced Masato.

"Come. Shikigami."

Red Oni and Blue Oni appeared again, but looking somewhat more vicious.

"We are back and you are dead you little piece of ****!"

"Damn right! Come on you wretches! It is a rare chance to leave hell for you all!"

The twelve orbs released white lightning bolts over the hill and where these landed, more of the fiendish Onis raised themselves from the very ground, a crimson glow from the cracks they lifted themselves. Twenty-four in total, all around Masato.

It wasn't long before the first one roared and leaped at him with a morningstar ready to strike.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Carmen stands her ground, waiting attack.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alicia wipes some sweat from her brow, as she sees no enemies immediately near her.

How many do you think I-
    37 foes. You took down 37 foes. Eden says.
    In a row? Alicia says, making a reference.

29. - Top - End - #299

PirateGirl

Lien feigns a sudden rush, only to pivot and spring to the side at the last moment. She circles around Carmen, then rushes and feigns again. She leaps to the left then rushes again, this time stabbing for her for real. Inside her head she is keeping a steady count, waiting till she can release her zanpaktou again.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

During one of the feigned rushes, Carmen pounces forward, trying to deliver a very powerful overhead swing with the mace.