New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Page Two!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Is anyone here?

Hello! (Hello! Hello!)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Lame, gotta read through like 8 pages.

Also, does anyone notice anything weird about this image?
    Spoiler
    Show

I wouldn't stare at it too long btw.

Incase you saw it, it's a jpeg, not a gif. Check yourself.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-07 at 06:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dizzying!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can someone keep Atem alive? Please?

Also, I tried adding him to the wiki but the formatting went strange and it won't make a page.
    There is no spoon.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Lame, gotta read through like 8 pages.

Also, does anyone notice anything weird about this image?
    Spoiler
    Show

I wouldn't stare at it too long btw.

Incase you saw it, it's a jpeg, not a gif. Check for yourself.
    Yay! it looks funny Got any others?

@Squark: ALF is not extremely amoral, they are trying to save the world from Ins evil plan to destroy it (though not even the players know if the plan exist) yes it's filled with criminals but don't say being too amoral for it is hard.

You got the lawyers, politicians and conspiracy cover-up people anyway
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

He was talking about a specific front of the ALF that was extremely amoral and incompetent, who was kicked out of the resistance for those reason.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    He was talking about a specific front of the ALF that was extremely amoral and incompetent, who was kicked out of the resistance for those reason.
    But commewnted on it being hard to be too amoral for the ALF.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    But commewnted on it being hard to be too amoral for the ALF.
    In my day you could quite happily manage to fight against an oppressive regime without somehow becoming a better allegory for Satan than the regime itself.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    In my day you could quite happily manage to fight against an oppressive regime without somehow becoming a better allegory for Satan than the regime itself.

You can't fight the UNA without dirty methods?

Well if not then excuse me while I discover nuclear warfare (can't be too hard we got magic and quite likely there exist previous research, I bet we can do it quicker than the few years it took the US)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well if not then excuse me while I discover nuclear warfare (can't be too hard we got magic and quite likely there exist previous research, I bet we can do it quicker than the few years it took the US)
    I don't think the Sovice would let you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

You can't fight the UNA without dirty methods?

So that's why in Salmon's future the world became a big wasteland !

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I don't think the Sovice would let you.
    How would they know what a bunch of scientists and madmen are doing in the hidden headquarter of a resistance that's nowhere near being defeated.

So that's why in Salmon's future the world became a big wasteland !
    Except that neither Keveak nor his sons would do it (at least not on purpose but you never know) and that the UNA could do it far quicker and better (see the difference between the suit build in the cave and the one build in Stark industries)... The UNA researching it to get rid of the ALF (remember that in real life it's actual strength was unknown until it was use, it could destroy a few buildings or maybe the entire human civilisation nobody knew) would be agood plot point though (and lead to that wasteland)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

How would they know what a bunch of scientists and madmen are doing in the hidden headquarter of a resistance that's nowhere near being defeated.
    Obviously because Lying's Sovice poison is also designed so they can spy on us.
    Haven't you heard? It's the latest conspiracy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

no, actualy it's hriky who spys on teh ALF end make they do hainous things him's also teh on who poyson Mynoblendi end is in fakt a Sovis on discuise

-Brought to you by INSincere.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-07 at 10:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Obviously because Lying's Sovice poison is also designed so they can spy on us.
    Haven't you heard? It's the latest conspiracy.
    Keveak's the only one from the shade killing team in his department and even he hasn't seen Lying since that (mind you he would have if Lying hadn't been sick since before he joined ALF and his colleagues aren't important enough) so even if that's true then he could still hide it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I don't know, I'd consider Chriky fairly amoral. A well-intentioned terrorist is, nonetheless, a terrorist.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

no, actualy it's hriky who spys on teh ALF end make they do hainous things him's also teh on who poyson Mynoblendi end is in fakt a Sovis on discuise

-Brought to you by INSincere.
    Great thing 30% of the stuff in the department is marked "No idea what this is but you gotta be really crazy to test it" and that their labs are rigged to explode in case of treachery You'll never catch us in this world (try the one over there between 4PM and 6AM)

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I don't know, I'd consider Chriky fairly amoral. A well-intentioned terrorist is, nonetheless, a terrorist.
    Terrorists are what the other side calls freedom fighters. What the Germans called terrorists during the war was among others the Danish resistance.
    Besides he hasn't done anything to harm the people like blowing up civilians, you must be thinking of Vampire Rot or Remus.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Er... Didn't he blow up the hotel Karen Dewey's family was in?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Er... Didn't he blow up the hotel Karen Dewey's family was in?
    Er... I think there was a lot of enemy politicians in there. Besides England bombed Copenhagen (the capital) simply for being under German control during WW2 and they aren't considered amoral so why should ALF for bombing one building?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Er... I think there was a lot of enemy politicians in there. Besides England bombed Copenhagen (the capital) simply for being under German control during WW2 and they aren't considered amoral so why should ALF for bombing one building?
    That alone isn't why they are considered Amoral. That one bombing is simply why Keren Dewey personally hates them so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    These weapons can be wielded by normal humans as well.
    Um...why? Wouldn't it be better if the guns were unusable by a human, so that if the Dettas are destroyed, the enemy doesn't get more ammo and stuff?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Um...why? Wouldn't it be better if the guns were unusable by a human, so that if the Dettas are destroyed, the enemy doesn't get more ammo and stuff?
    The UNA has plenty of ammunition and firearms, which tend to be superior to the Detta's weapons anyway. This way if the Dettas are destroyed, ALF members can use the guns in question. It also means that, rather than manufacturing two types of guns, one for dettas, and one for humans, Ven only has to build one type of weapon for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

That's because the winners write history (for England).

The hotel contained mostly rich people and their families. The few targets that were eliminated don't represent a great percentage against the amount of other innocent people and children killed. A few puppies and kittens also died in the explosion.

Chriky also bombed other buildings containing innocents, which doesn't help.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-07 at 11:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Of course.

Oh Chriky. When will you ever learn? No matter how hard you try, you will always fail horribly.

*has no idea what the hell anybody was talking about*
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

That's because the winners write history (for England).

The hotel contained mostly rich people and their families. The few targets that were eliminated don't represent a great percentage against the amount of other innocent people and children killed. A few puppies and kittens also died in the explosion.

So? That doesn't mean it weren't a bad thing to do, it just mean that during wartime it is okay to kill many innocent people if it's for a good reason (Germany could reach Sweden and it's precious iron through Denmark so killing a couple of thousand civilians in the process of stopping them is perfectly fine) I'm not saying Chriky's actions are good just that it wouldn't be considered amoral if it was done during wartime which it is, if he did it spontaneously in peacetime or without a reason then yes but with one during wartime and it's okay You know what? screw that I still think it's bad (I agree with you know )
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-07 at 12:02 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Dibs on the next Art thread!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Dibs on the next Art thread!
    Shades of Gray already called it a long time ago, I think.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-07 at 01:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Then, since they're being ridiculous and are bickering, I think it's only fair that I, one of the most important contributors to ABR, who devotes his life to making it work, should get dibs on it.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Shades of Gray already called it a long time ago, I think.
    He did.

By the way isn't Greek week over?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.