New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    I'm throwing around an idea for a pirate who is a humanoid electric eel.
    Or better yet, an electric catfish!
    Also, realized that I forgot the helmet. Here is the accurate (not historically)version:
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-08-17 at 05:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

I could easily turn this guy into a normal human, but since everybody else is being odd, I might as well do the same.
    Casto Weigh

Once upon the time, a small group of castaways were, having fled their wrecked ship on a small, makeshift raft with a sail, came across what they were looking for, a ship. Unfortunetally, this ship was full of ruthless pirates who, rather than aiding the castaways, simply blasted their raft out of the water.
    The ghosts of the castaways formed a single conglomerate spirit, which then proceeded to build a body out of what it had available. The shards from the raft became it's bones, their clothing filled it out and gave it human shape. the ropes from the raft's sails became it's hands.

Casto's technical goal is Revenge, but it's not really a pressing need. The way he figures, those pirates are probably going to die in a storm or of scurvy or something soon enough. Due to his nature he has an intense familiarity with ships, letting him serve as a skilled Helmsman. In combat many people assume he's indestructible, however he's not. He's a bit more durable than most, but he needs structural integrity to keep going. If Casto's not wet, fire is very dangerous to him, slashing weapons hurt him, and bludgeoning can smash the wood that makes up his bones. Piercing weapons are pretty much useless though, unless a bullet manages to shatter his woodbones. If damaged, he can repair himself given enough time and the right materials. Also, though he dosn't eat or breathe, he does need to sleep, and he can get drunk. He claims to be grog-powered, but people familiar with this type of spirit (more common than you might think, the technical term is a crewsprite) are pretty sure that's not true.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-17 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Or better yet, an electric catfish!
    Electric eels are actually related to catfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Despite its name, the electric eel is not closely related to true eels (Anguilliformes) but is a member of the Neotropical knifefishes (Gymnotiformes), more closely related to catfishes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Somebody give me a knuckle touch.
    ____

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    No, you cannot have a knuckle touch.
    Why would you want such a thing anyway?
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

I'm bored.
    ____

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm back.

EEK! 10 pages to read through. youch.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

8. - Top - End - #578

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    A what?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

A what?
    I think it's a less manly version of a fist-pound.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2009-08-17 at 09:44 PM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #580
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'm back.

EEK! 10 pages to read through. youch.
    Well, we've slowed down now, at least.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Here goes:

Captain Lewis "'Stashing" Manpower

'Stashing is one, if not the one most freared pirates sailing the world of TSS (I thought we could simply call the world Aquaroy), he commands not one ship but a fleet of four ships loaded with loot-thirsty privateers. He also is on a life long quest for the biggest hat in the world. So far he is the owner of the largest wearable hat known to man.

No time for writing more, will complete this later.
    No reactions on him?

12. - Top - End - #582
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Um... epic stache is epic?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

No reactions on him?
    It's like his hat was designed to outdo Zeppeli's.
    A grievous offence indeed.

Fake edit: Not the designing, the wearing.
    My other avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

*pops into the thread*
    What, still no FI?

Well whatever, just finished the 2nd season of Code Geass and I have 2 things to say about the ending.
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a happy ending.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-18 at 06:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Seriously, I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a happy ending.
    That's funny, because I recently watched the first season and I'm pretty sure that didn't count as an ending.
    My other avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that caught me off guard as well. I double checked my disks to see if I was missing one or something.

All is explained in season 2 though.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

I'm basing these Vikings after the Vikings in Ranger's Apprentice (which you may be referring to, they really were Vikings, they simply were not referred to as such). These Vikings call them wolfships (because, while dragons don't really scare cats, dogs do). Also, the Viking ships actually weren't that big, they were WAY smaller than normal ships and pretty cramped. However, they were pretty fast, explaining why they could get away from the big, slow navy. Also, obviously, Kitten Viking ships (don't call them kittens, though, that makes them pretty angry)are much smaller, to account for their absence of strength (or opposable thumbs). In fact, Viking Kittens possess all the strength of a typical kitten. Unless they berserk, in which case they become just as strong and deadly as a human Viking berserking.
    A wolfship is operated by a magical device called a roddare. This moves the oars back and forth, and is the Viking's only means of propulsion. However, this takes a lot of energy out of a shaman (see below)to make, which is why they make the ships so small.
    Viking Kittens (who call themselves Små kattedyr, or 'Småkattes')are one of the few races that have an aptitude for magic, and possess many shamans (or Sjamanisme)among their ranks (in fact, every other wolfship generally has at least one shaman on board.
    The eagle? Viking kittens riding giant eagles are awesome. Duh.
    EDIT: After spending some time trying to draw an eagle, I've decided that Olaf did not get a replacement eagle. I can't draw one to save my life.
    Those books are really good but horribly inaccurate which I presume is why they name it different. Also since you seem to be using my language let me tell you that "Småkattes" is gibberish and that "Small cats" would be "Små katte" since "Katte" is plural of "Kat" meaning "Cat" (I don't even know what language "Sjamanisme" or "Roddare" is supposed to be) Which leads me to..

After spending some time trying to draw an eagle, I've decided that Olaf did not get a replacement eagle. I can't draw one to save my life.
    EDIT:

Olaf the Småkatte.
    Another EDIT: I just noticed Nameless's character. Dude, that isn't a cat. Must we have these catgirls/catboys? They're just a medium for fanservice. Also, they'e ridiculous.
    Cool, a cat with split personality And just to help kitten would be "Killing" in Danish not "Små katte" which just means small cats.

@Threeshades: All hail the moustached giant-hatted captain!

@BRC: I was planning on having Sclav wanting to become a mapper and navigator (he has a lot to learn such as reading and writing but he has talent too) maybe he can be your characters apprentice if you make a navigator character?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

confused Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Ok............I have no idea what is going on here........is this a preparation for a new story arc? involving pirates??..................................

i'm confused

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    That's funny, because I recently watched the first season and I'm pretty sure that didn't count as an ending.
    I see that guy only now. And all i can say is that the way hes got his hand in his pocket looks just wrong.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Draxonicar View Post
    Ok............I have no idea what is going on here........is this a preparation for a new story arc? involving pirates??..................................

i'm confused
    New plot not story arc. It's a world where most of the planet is cowered by water but some islands, the main characters are pirates roaming this sea.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay lets complete his story:

Captain Lewis "'Stashing" Manpower

'Stashing is one, if not the one most freared pirates sailing the world of TSS (I thought we could simply call the world Aquaroy), he commands not one ship but a fleet of four ships loaded with loot-thirsty privateers. He also is on a life long quest for the biggest hat in the world. So far he is the owner of the largest wearable hat known to man.
    Not unlke many other high ranking buccaneers he takes the hats of other captains as trophies. Inside his cabin on his flagship the Mustard Queen he keeps a large collection of trophy hats on a wall. Each one of them with the former owners name under them.
    Captain Manpower gathered his armada of pirate ships by defeating other pirate crews and forcing them to work for him if they didnt want to die.
    This made him not only the most feared but also most hated pirate in the business. Other pirate crews try to stay out of his way. The more brave ones try to stop him, being worried that he might become one of the most powerful individuals in the world.

Captain 'Stashing is a grumpy man in middle age. He answers to almost everything with violence and will not tolerate anyone with a bigger hat than his own to be alive. Even if that creature is of a size that would make any hat smaller than his own useless.

------------------------------

Does anyone oppose the idea of calling the world of TSS "Aquaroy"?
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-08-18 at 09:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Question: Are we supposed to be working for Captain Manpower, or against him?
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I don't, it might not sound very jolly or piraty but it's not bad.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't mind "Aquaroy"

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Question: Are we supposed to be working for Captain Manpower, or against him?
    your choice

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

your choice
    I don think Nameless' character is on Manpower's side, there's only one ship in his comic
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #597

Honestly, it sounds a little cheesy. I'm not entirely sure why.

Unfortunately, I have no better ideas, so unless somebody else comes up with a different name I guess there's nothing else we can do.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Those books are really good but horribly inaccurate which I presume is why they name it different. Also since you seem to be using my language let me tell you that "Småkattes" is gibberish and that "Small cats" would be "Små katte" since "Katte" is plural of "Kat" meaning "Cat" (I don't even know what language "Sjamanisme" or "Roddare" is supposed to be) Which leads me to..

Cool, a cat with split personality And just to help kitten would be "Killing" in Danish not "Små katte" which just means small cats.
    I am fully aware of all this. First off, these are obviously quite different from actual Vikings, as they have horned helmets and ride giant eagles. Second, I believe I said their actual name was Små kattedyr. They are called Småkatte for short.
    Realize that they are only the size of kittens. That's why they are called small cats rather than kittens. They are insulted by being called kittens.
    Sjaman is their word for shaman, and roddare is their word for a magical machine that turns the oars. All these names are very loosely based on Norse.
    Aquaroy sounds good to me.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-08-18 at 11:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I am fully aware of all this. First off, these are obviously quite different from actual Vikings, as they have horned helmets and ride giant eagles. Second, I believe I said their actual name was Små kattedyr. They are called Småkatte for short.
    Realize that they are only the size of kittens. That's why they are called small cats rather than kittens. They are insulted by being called kittens.
    Sjaman is their word for shaman, and roddare is their word for a magical machine that turns the oars. All these names are very loosely based on Norse.
    Aquaroy sounds good to me.
    Okay. I just thought you should know that it was spelled wrong (so you don't call it the Small cats instead of the small cat) "Kattedyr" is both singular and plural by the way

PS: There are words in Danish (Likely in Norwegian too) that doesn't look like a typo of shaman
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hmmh...I think I need to start thinking of backstory to my pirate in TSS...

And also, does resistance need a heavy hitter in FI? I might just have an idea for shock attack specialist.