New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1628
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Man I explained this.

The Ripple is positive energy that heals and strengthens. A martial artist can channel this energy into waves that exist outside of the body, with techniques known as "Overdrives".

When I say waves I mean any wave that exists. The original one was used for killing vampires by punching them with light ("Sunlight Yellow Overdrive").
    I certainly do not recall any explanations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Fudge ripple attack!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    I may attempt a TSS comic, showing the beginning of the attack. Kinda depends on whether I'll be able to draw the ships properly.
    Bleh...forget this. Turns out I can't draw a pirate ship to save my life.

Anybody else who wants to make a comic showing the beginning of the attack, feel free to do so.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Oh, I could use some!

Don't ask why, it's a secret
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4829VZ4

I don't think you were around then, so I'll just tell you now that it's mostly vocal trance and light techno stuff.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-28 at 02:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I certainly do not recall any explanations.
    Okay maybe not a good explanation, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Skilled user of the "Ripple" martial art (a.k.a. Hamon, a.k.a. Sendô), which is based around a breathing technique which creates 'ripples' within one's bloodstream. These 'ripples' can be channeled through the martial artist's strikes into various forms of physical waves, or maintained as ripples, healing and/or strengthening certain materials. Also grants the user increased endurance and longevity.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Pirates who steal? What a ridiculous concept!
    How shall I know which is which?
    [/sarcasm]
    Pirates plunder/rob, stealing is attempting to illegally acquire an item (or a more abstract concept if it's fiction) without the owner or (optionally) anyone else noticing it, robbing like pirates do is by threatening or killing the owner or the one responsible for the said item. Robbing requires no stealth whereas stealing do (though if you kill as part of not being discovered it can still count as stealing) most pirates don't need to could steal anything.

@Squark: Nice foreshadowing (he almost sounds like he has a "condition" like Will but then it also sounds like a lot of unrelated more fitting conditions)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

I think in this context by "plunder/rob" you mean "loot/pillage"
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-08-28 at 07:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I think in this context by "plunder/rob" you mean "loot/pillage"
    Meh, who cares?

Also, I think you just got murder'd, lying

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Meh, who cares?

Also, I think you just got murder'd, lying
    Oh snap dawg!

Fortunately I'm one of few characters who can legitimately appear in court as a witness to their own murder.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-08-28 at 07:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not going to flip through 9 pages of discussion. Can anybody please just tell me some of the important stuff, if anything was?

Also, it seems like the plot I named, The Sea Scoundrels, is up and running. I guess I should join it, shouldn't I? Anything I should know, first?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-28 at 08:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'm not going to flip through 9 pages of discussion. Can anybody please just tell me some of the important stuff, if anything was?

Also, it seems like the plot I named, The Sea Scoundrels, is up and running. I guess I should join it, shouldn't I? Anything I should know, first?
    Well most important we are planning mutiny, and important about my character is pink/rosa haired, a boy () and a were-badger.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Well most important we are planning mutiny, and important about my character is pink/rosa haired, a boy () and a were-badger.
    We are meta-planning mutiny.

The general idea is , because the crew of the Heart of Booty, is so incompetant, captain Manpower gets fed up with us in this battle, and decides to have the crews from his other ship kill us so he can replace us with a halfway decent crew. We find out and mutiny, taking the Heart of Booty with us.
    Currently, our characters have little intention to mutiny, at least mine don't, but that will change.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-28 at 09:15 AM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

If I was a DnD Lycanthrope I'd probably stay in hybrid form most of the time. Maybe take the other forms sometimes just for disguise purposes.

Anyway, time for the disappointment of the week:
    Dead Space.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The general idea is , because the crew of the Heart of Booty, is so incompetant, captain Manpower gets fed up with us in this battle, and decides to have the crews from his other ship kill us so he can replace us with a halfway decent crew. We find out and mutiny, taking the Heart of Booty with us.
    Currently, our characters have little intention to mutiny, at least mine don't, but that will change.
    Mine neither, does this mean we get to make as reason for our characters to be disliked by the captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    If I was a DnD Lycanthrope I'd probably stay in hybrid form most of the time. Maybe take the other forms sometimes just for disguise purposes.
    Check my latest comic, he currently have a split personality (sorta logical way for the mind to deal with it I think) so he stay human mostly... That and he ain't (3.5) DnD based.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine neither, does this mean we get to make as reason for our characters to be disliked by the captain?

Check my latest comic, he currently have a split personality (sorta logical way for the mind to deal with it I think) so he stay human mostly... That and he ain't (3.5) DnD based.
    Just sayin'

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Banned

I'm not planning mutiny. Mutiny is wrong.
    I'm just planning on killing you all.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

So are you guys on the Heart of Booty or the Ship now?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    So are you guys on the Heart of Booty or the Ship now?
    I like the name "Ship", but since the Heart is faster, I think we're on that.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-28 at 11:09 AM.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4829VZ4

I don't think you were around then, so I'll just tell you now that it's mostly vocal trance and light techno stuff.
    *listens* Yup, this comes handy

Thanks a lot, now you've earned cameo in my latest, not yet released project
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

*yawn*

I'm bored.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    *yawn*

I'm bored.
    Read comics, it's fun and all I've been doing in my free time for days...

I'm still wondering about Visage's mask.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Sup, bitches.

*prepares for a storm of "You were gone? "*
    You were gone?

If you want to make templates, I made a post containing all the bios of characters that have been posted so far.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    You were gone?
    SONOFVA!

If you want to make templates, I made a post containing all the bios of characters that have been posted so far.
    Wow! Thank you. That makes everything so much easier.

I guess I won't have to kill you now.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074

SONOFVA!

Wow! Thank you. That makes everything so much easier.

I guess I won't have to kill you now.
    If it was a random kill, I wouldn't mind. I've only been random killed once. Or maybe twice, I can't remember.

If it was an actual kill...well...
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

SONOFVA!
    What does that mean?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

What does that mean?
    Try sounding it out.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-28 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We have reason. So far the crew contains a Helmsmen and a Navigator who are always thirty seconds away from killing each other, a pair of kleptomaniacs, a silent, bloodthirsty guy, and some other people who probably have flaws that will quickly become apparent.

Consider that Manpower killed a crewmember for giving him good news, I don't think it will take much for the captain to decide to off the crew of the Heart of Booty.
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@Squark: Nice foreshadowing (he almost sounds like he has a "condition" like Will but then it also sounds like a lot of unrelated more fitting conditions)
    You could call it a condition. You could also call it a biological imperative.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

We have reason. So far the crew contains a Helmsmen and a Navigator who are always thirty seconds away from killing each other, a pair of kleptomaniacs, a silent, bloodthirsty guy, and some other people who probably have flaws that will quickly become apparent.

Consider that Manpower killed a crewmember for giving him good news, I don't think it will take much for the captain to decide to off the crew of the Heart of Booty.
    Add to that that we propably fail the attack, it would be self-preserving to throw remaining captain-loyal pirates overboard and sail to the methaphorical sunset

After that I guess we have world to save as usual

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Add to that that we propably fail the attack, it would be self-preserving to throw remaining captain-loyal pirates overboard and sail to the methaphorical sunset

After that I guess we have world to save as usual
    Well, I got us out of the "Run Aground" thing, but now there is nobody at the wheel, and non of the crew seem to be actively attending the sails or trying to do anything about that, we could swing out, get stuck in irons for the battle, and flee Manpower's wrath when the wind shifts.
    [/Center]