New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    If you want to have a mercenary the UNA is probably a more logical choice, since he'll have money and access to better weapons. Also, only people who are in the ALF are either insane, evil (or criminals), have connections to Igon Minoblendy or are patriotic fanatics. He'll have to have good reasons to be with them, since life in the Resistance is pretty crappy compared to that of your average UNA citizen.
    Or believe in Igon Minoblendy, and then there's the idealists and those who can't survive alone that the UNA won't help (as in most strict governments they probably don't care about poor people or those who are unable to productively help the society)

And I bet there's a lot of people who can and will pay more than the UNA in the resistance (and don't care about the law either)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Hmm...
    I dunno. I reread the site stuff, so I'll think about this again...peacekeepers mebbe? Depends on how peaceful their methods are.

I don't know so much about what specific groups are trying to do, I think I must have missed some big discussion about how stuff was going to work. (Dammit, that's the whole reason I've been lurking here! Oh well...)
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    I don't know so much about what specific groups are trying to do, I think I must have missed some big discussion about how stuff was going to work. (Dammit, that's the whole reason I've been lurking here! Oh well...)
    The UNA was founded by (possibly among others) Ins a sovice nanice's soul in Igon's old body whom Igon and the resistance know is evil and think has a sinister motive with the UNA, meanwhile the UNA appears to be a paradisal (though a bit strict on magic and how much knowledge is enough for the laymen) world-spanning society. The resistance try to prevent Ins evil plan (notice that they lack solid proof) while the UNA try to strop them (whom they see as crazy terrorists) The entire setting is a darker and edgier future of FFF so nobody is yet sure who is right.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

The ALF is a violent fanatical organisation of criminals who seek to impose their dogmatic ideology by acts of terrorism against innocent targets. Its members live in poverty and misery, crawling insides the sewers of the cities and stealing and raiding food from the marketplaces.

The UNA is an utopia first created to defend the world against forces of pure evil, and has essentially put an end to war and significantly reduced crime rates in all parts of the world. The Peacekeepers acts mainly as a law enforcement agency and use military force when necessary, such as against the ALF and other terrorist groups, such as the Sons of Schizotec.

At least that's one version of the story.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The ALF is a violent fanatical organisation of criminals who seek to impose their dogmatic ideology by acts of terrorism against innocent targets. Its members live in poverty and misery, crawling insides the sewers of the cities and stealing and raiding food from the marketplaces.

The UNA is an utopia first created to defend the world against forces of pure evil, and has essentially put an end to war and significantly reduced crime rates in all parts of the world. The Peacekeepers acts mainly as a law enforcement agency and use military force when necessary, such as against the ALF and other terrorist groups, such as the Sons of Schizotec.

My version is more neutral and explains the motives of each side, yours remind me of a guy I do not like who hated Jews and also of Lex Luthor

None of my characters are criminals by the way (600 year old laws and wartime mix very good) they are diplomats Except Remus, he's insane and thus not a criminal either
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    My version is more neutral and explains the motives of each side, yours remind me of a guy I do not like who hated Jews and also of Lex Luthor
    Um... The UNA was created to eliminate Avbaroyan wars, not to wage them. And it does not put people in concentration camp just for being part of the wrong ideology or invent high-powered devices to kill Superman when it could simply sell them for a high price and become the richest man in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    None of my characters are criminals by the way (600 year old laws and wartime mix very good) they are diplomats Except Remus, he's insane and thus not a criminal either
    What does Keveak do in the Resistance, anyway ? Doing any kind of harm to anyone except under special circumstances (such as legitimate self-defence and military action against criminals [note that resisting Peacekeeper arrest is not self-defence]) is a crime. And simply associating oneself with a terrorist or criminal organisation in a crime in the UNA.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-09 at 10:16 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Um... The UNA was created to eliminate Avbaroyan wars, not to wage them. And it does not put people in concentration camp just for being part of the wrong ideology or invent high-powered devices to kill Superman when it could simply sell them for a high price and become the richest man in the world.

What does Keveak do in the Resistance, anyway ? Doing any kind of harm to anyone except under special circumstances (such as legitimate self-defence and military action against criminals [note that resisting Peacekeeper arrest is not self-defence]) is a crime. And simply associating oneself with a terrorist or criminal organisation in a crime in the UNA.
    I said it sounded like the way they speak, overly idealistic and suspiciously perfect. Whether or not the UNA do anything bad is irrelevant, it just sound like they're hiding something or justifying their actions. I didn't want to offend you and I actually thought you aimed for a similar effect

He Research experimental magic. He ain't a citizen of the UNA but of Goldunscael (island state inside a non-UNA continent's borders) which consider the current situation as wartime and thus he is allowed to fight for whoever he wants (the island itself is neutral so he can't oppose it's side) and is allowed to acquire the needed resources for survival such as food (which he get mostly from looking through peoples trash anyway ) The UNA don't have any rights toward him (whether they care is another topic entirely)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Yo, Xartyve2! When's da next TJH comic gonna be made? You know, da one with da breifing of da next mission? So we can getta move on wit da story?

Don't make me make ya an offa ya can't refuse! Forgettaboutit!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

S'not the best work I admit, my grammar still have many flaws, especially when I'm forced to write something larger, but better than nothing I guess

Skimmer, the peacekeeper:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to her supernatural skills of survival, Skimmer is one of the best frontliners the peacekeepers have. Many times she was send into center of battle, she faced many fatal injuries, but she always got back somehow. This and her experience gathered during the 11 years of D-jumping helped her rise through ranks quickly, but she's still not fit to be commander of any sort. Instead she leads a small group of peacekeepers to the front lines under direct commands of the Conservator of peace.

Although her regeneration powers weakened a bit, she can still withstand gunshots or slashing with little harm, atleast as long as she has energy to recover or as long as she has what to recover.......so magic still makes her lot of trouble.
    She's primary a melee fighter and in battle she usually relies mainly on bell hammer in combination with her six shooter for longer range.

Skimmer was also possesed by animal ghost known only as Zen, who claims to be one of her sisters from her past. The possession isn't quite perfect, in fact, it degraded and Skimmer's still in charge of her actions, but it's possible that Zen has still some control over her. It happened long time ago before she became peacekeeper, somewhile during TJH plot.

(Zens true look. She rarely manifests into this form though)

Becalel, the ghost of transmutation:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Just image now to remind him, info'll arive shortly later)
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-08-09 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    S'not the best work I admit, my grammar still have many flaws, especially when I'm forced to write something larger, but better than nothing I guess

Skimmer, the peacekeeper:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to her supernatural skills of survival, Skimmer is one of the best frontliners the peacekeepers have. Many times she was send into center of battle, she faced many fatal injuries, but she always got back somehow. This and her experience gathered during the 11 years of D-jumping helped her rise through ranks quickly, but she's still not fit to be commander of any sort. Instead she leads a small group of peacekeepers to the front lines under direct commands of the Conservator of peace.

Although her regeneration powers weakened a bit, she can still withstand gunshots or slashing with little harm, atleast as long as she has energy to recover or as long as she has what to recover.......so magic still makes her lot of trouble.
    She's primary a melee fighter and in battle she usually relies mainly on bell hammer in combination with her six shooter for longer range.

Skimmer was also possesed by animal ghost known only as Zen, who claims to be one of her sisters from her past. The possession isn't quite perfect, in fact, it degraded and Skimmer's still in charge of her actions, but it's possible that Zen has still some control over her. It happened long time ago before she became peacekeeper, somewhile during TJH plot.

(Zens true look. She rarely manifests into this form though)

D= I was going to lead the Peacekeepers!

DAMN YOU FOX GIRL(BOY) PERSON!
    *crys in corner*
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-08-09 at 03:48 PM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post

*crys in corner*
    I'm fairly sure Skimmer's under your command
    But I thought Ikaeru's not going into battle directly, while Skimmer does
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-08-09 at 03:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fairly sure Skimmer's under your command
    But I thought Ikaeru's not going into battle directly, while Skimmer does
    Ikaeru is Captain rank (supposedly) and from how you put it across I gathered shes much higher...
    Im probabbly over reacting... but dont think you two good armed people can get one up over me!
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #133

Ikaeru is Captain rank (supposedly) and from how you put it across I gathered shes much higher...
    Im probabbly over reacting... but dont think you two good armed people can get one up over me!
    Naw, she got to her position fast but got stuck there for a long time.....
    <_<
    >_>
    What positions are below captain anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

What positions are below captain anyway?
    Lieutenant and Second Lieutenant in army ranks, Commander, Lieutenant-Commander, Lieutenant, Sub-lieutenant, Ensign and Midshipman in naval ranks.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    She's an innate necrocarnate?!

I should probably note that necrocarnate abilities are what Tala (As in Remember's current storyline) uses to devour souls and fuel her minions.
    I promise you that my character won't be that story-breaking, though. A bit of spellcasting, shooting a pistol, and a few rezzes here and there are probably all that she's capable of.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

*gasp* *pant pant pant*

Good, I got here in time! I'm writing from the school computers, at home we're having a dispute with our internet provider and I can't access teh webz...

Oops! Gotta go!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

*crys in corner*
    Strictly speaking, James Ins is in charge of the peacekeepers, because the Grandfather and Ins want an actualy Sovice in important positions, since there is no risk of them making inadvertant discoveries* which could lead to them rebelling. While he was very good at his job, the fact is, several important people stepped down%/declined promotion%/were killed by "terrorists", which made his getting the job a bit of a no-brainer.

*Even if the UNA is perfectly well-intentioned, there definately need to be a few things they've done** and are going to do, if only because Utopia justifies the means.

** Destroying^ Helina and Alineh, for example

^And we mean DESTROYING.

%There is no real proof that mind control was involved in these events
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Yo, Xartyve2! When's da next TJH comic gonna be made? You know, da one with da breifing of da next mission? So we can getta move on wit da story?

Don't make me make ya an offa ya can't refuse! Forgettaboutit!
    When the internet comes back I'll make one.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the true version, so really, who cares about the other one?

Also, I've noticed that the peacekeepers seem to be becoming popular. There's 5 pc's in em so far. Of course, I was the first one, so that makes me the coolest.

Also,

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

I thought Ikaerue was gonna be on the ALF.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Also, I've noticed that the peacekeepers seem to be becoming popular. There's 5 pc's in em so far. Of course, I was the first one, so that makes me the coolest.
    Compare that to the Navy. Only MM and I have a character in the Navy. (speaking of which, I should polish him up a bit >_>)
    Also,
    Nice. Just... nice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

I should mention that Roka is going to be in FI too. She will be working together with the Resistance, but does not consider herself a member.

Her appearance will probably be only slightly changed. I dont know how yet.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm...

I'm working on Talia's biography and picture, but at the moment, I can't get her hair right. I want it to be a fairly clean, well-taken care of style, since in public she's a foil to her brother, but I struggle with drawing those.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Norn St. Voluspa
    (The picture is still preliminary, although I expect the end result to be somewhat similar. I might (and will likely) end up simplifying her clothing a bit and add details as appropriate, in addition to the obligatory blue hair.)

Norn St. Voluspa is, to those have come to know her, a simple medic and battle cleric working for the resistance movement. She's a specialist in divine magic - although this itself is shrouded in a cloud of mystery as she is Agnostic and rarely devout to a philosophical ideal. As she is an "escaped testing subject" from the UNA laboratories, this discrepancy is rarely noted, since most of her colleagues assume, by Occam's Razor, that her abilities are simply the result of random UNA testing.

In reality, Norn's divine powers result from a born metaphysical ability to, in essence, manipulate souls to fuel her own power. She can't force souls out of still-living bodies, of course, although she can and will often subconsciously strip an already dead soul in close proximity of its memories and experiences, leaving only a hollow shell of free will and jumbled intelligence for Nameless to reap. The soul must be allied or neutral to her prior to death for this to occur, so killing powerful enemies have no bearing to her own strength.

Her base divine spells do not consume souls per use; instead, merely having souls of certain power will grant Norn the ability to use a certain level of divine power (though it makes her weaker than clerics of her level). The souls can be directly used, however, to power small, specially crafted dolls with artificial life. These dolls gain a level of power proportional to the power of the original soul, so a doll created from a commoner might be fragile and only able to shoot simple projectiles, a doll created from a normal soldier might be able to lance and heal, and a doll created from a more powerful being are a significant threat. However, incarnum collected in this fashion suffer a risk of destruction once a doll is destroyed, so mostly, she surrounds herself with weaker soldier-dolls to provide combat support and aid her in healing wounded soldiers.

Either way, Norn is not a pure moon elf, as her appearance would suggest. Her racial abilities includes at will Polymorph Any Object (limited, nonliving to nonliving only), True Creation (very limited, can only create dolls), and the ability to restore one of her collected souls to life per three days. Because of these powers, her apparently methodical method of using divine magic, and her limited ability to tap into soul/incarnum energy, Norn was treated as a lab rat by the UNA during her childhood, which left her with a burning hatred of the top officials in the UNA. To this end, she allies herself with the resistance so that she could, with her own eyes, see the United Nations of Avbaroy burn in flames.

Norn is otherwise a kind person, and regards most of the leaders of the resistance as treasured comrades in arms for a common cause.
    She reminds me somehow of one of the mercs I am thinking of bringing to FI...

Just for reference, here is concept pic I have made for him:

25. - Top - End - #145
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gah, the inkscape file containing all of my templates keeps on crashing whenever I open it, but other inkscape files are fine. Suggestions?

26. - Top - End - #146

You put all of your templates in one file o.o?

(Maybe invest in a memory stick or clean your hard drive a little for more virtual memory =p)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Gah, the inkscape file containing all of my templates keeps on crashing whenever I open it, but other inkscape files are fine. Suggestions?
    It may be because your templates file has too much stuff in it. You know what Inkscape's like...

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

28. - Top - End - #148

Not all of them, and I went through a lot of weeding recently, getting rid of old stuff.

The file size is less than what it was a week ago >.>

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

It may be corrupted then.

30. - Top - End - #150

*doesn't know computers*

Can I un-corrupt it?