New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

There seems to be a bit of a hierarchy of burlewan artists around here, not one tier of which considers themselves "good"

If I was to put my mind to that hierarchy, I'd say MM, 3S, Kpen, me.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

You put MM on top? Oooooh... Rand's going to get you now...
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    You put MM on top? Oooooh... Rand's going to get you now...
    Fortunately then, he appears to have actually left

4. - Top - End - #184

He's just lurking... waiting for his prey to surface...

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"
    Meowth! That's right!
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Meowth! That's right!
    Woooo-bu-fet!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Talia Ins
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presedent Talia Ins of the UNA General Assembly is, in many ways, her brother's Foil. For every social function James has showed up in Peacekeeper uniform only to dash off at the first sign of resistance activity or a crime (even jaywalking), Talia has been the gracious hostess, wearing a gown that was the talk of the UNA fashion scene for the next month, when this situation replayed itself. For every rebel James has captures, Talia has preached forgiveness. For every time James criticizes the Bureaucracy, Talia shows once again that the bureaucracy works.

Like James, Talia is a self-made woman, publicly at least. As soon as she went into a Political career, it was clear that she was a masterful politician, but at the same time a Guardian of the little guy. Talia is one of the few voices among the General Assembly who still argues for a Peaceful Solution to the problem of the ALF. Despite this somewhat unpopular stance, Talia is beloved by the general public.

In truth, Talia's public image is nothing short of a master stroke by the Grandfather. He has created the ultimate female role model; Beautiful, Intelligent, and, most importantly, loyal to the UNA. Talia is also the perfect figure to endorse various programs to better run the UNA, be it a program to encourage Marital Fidelity and Small Familys*, a renovation project for a slum,** or a new health care plan,*** Talia is the ideal way to make a slightly controversial or expensive project seem like an excellent idea.

There is one thing the Public does NOT know, however- What Talia does when the myriad of cameras are not following her. Talia is Ins's most trusted Assassin, and is responsible for the deaths of many troublesome politicians.

*Smaller numbers of subjects are easier to control
    **One fewer hiding place for the resistance
    ***To encourage people NOT to join the resistance

NOTE: Talia is well-known for her sense of style as well as her generous donations to charity. In short, she never wears the same outfit twice. She typically wears clothes to suit the occasion. In the General Assembly, she wears fantastic, radiant dresses, but while helping with a renovation project or at a soup kitchen, she wears more utilitarian clothes. Her hairstyle is also subject to the occasion. During assassinations, however, Talia always wears a black bodysuit with a mask, and uses magic to dye her normally brown hair white.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-08-11 at 06:13 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kpenguin

So...

Who's going to draw the next Fat Fish Fury comic ? Me or you ?

Anyway, your three comics were unbelievably, awe-inspiringly and wonderfully incredible. I loved them.

@Squark:

Interesting, but I find that her dress is a little too bright for my taste. Maybe you could reduce the saturation a bit, to make it more pastel ? Not too much, just a little.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-11 at 06:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Oh, and one other thing. MM, Squark Iota isn't on the PC list yet.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

@gremlin: Alternate reason for swords: Maybe magic disrupts guns and similar complex technology? (used in lots of stories) That would mean you can get magic swords and other "medieval" weapons, but not guns and modern tech. So, by that reasoning, an awesome magic sword would probably beat a gun. Just a thought...

@V Ah, OK then. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Khaeta; 2009-08-11 at 07:32 PM.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Actually, its generally assumed in Avbaroy that that doesn't happen, in no small part due to the fact that magitech and actual technology coexist side by side.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, so I can't even open the file to save anything from it or delete anything, crashes right away.

I can open it in notepad, saving it again doesn't work. No clue how to check the tags.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Did you try this? The problem certainly seems similar....

Relevant post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MethosHazara View Post
    Well... First things first...

SVG files are basic (from what I can tell) a variation of a XML file, so don't worry... If you don't have a backup and the file is really corrupted you can still open the file and copy all that has not been corrupted and save most of your work.... MOST.

But before saying that the file is corrupted I should point a direct relation that I've observed with time...
    There is a direct relation beteween SVG file size and InkScape crash/bug/load problem.

Maybe you just reached a critical point on your SVG file and is time to move something to other SVG file... If that's really the case I can explain you how to do it without InkScape...

My suggestion is... First try open the file (if the file is really big) in a more powerful PC, if works there is your problem. If not you need to check the file to see if it is corrupted.. There is a way you can do this by simple opening the file with NotePad++ and double checking the beginning and ending tags. Corrupted files most of the times have wrong tags and stuff.. but that is not a rule, so if all tags are ok I suggest copying the entire XML to another empty file and saving it as a new .SVG...
    If the later don't work and you REALLY don't have any backup, maybe it's time to learn a little about how the relation SVG-XML works so you can recover everything you can.

But I think the best advice I can give you is go to an InkScape forum and reporting the problem and pray for help.
    Did you see my post Shades o' Grey?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

14. - Top - End - #194

Indeed. I tried what it said, but the only thing I haven't tried is checking the tags. I dunno how they'd look even if they WERE correct. >.>

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    @gremlin: Alternate reason for swords: Maybe magic disrupts guns and similar complex technology? (used in lots of stories) That would mean you can get magic swords and other "medieval" weapons, but not guns and modern tech. So, by that reasoning, an awesome magic sword would probably beat a gun. Just a thought...

@V Ah, OK then. Nevermind.
    Just to add something, guns aren't really "complex" technology, at their most basic form they are just a tube that propels bullets by making an explosion inside. Magic disrupting them doesn't make any sense.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Also, because magic does not interfere with technology, the answer to magic swords and armor is simple- Magic Guns.

17. - Top - End - #197

@Mask, interferes with the explosion, making it less effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Indeed. I tried what it said, but the only thing I haven't tried is checking the tags. I dunno how they'd look even if they WERE correct. >.>
    Hm, ok then.

I'm bored. Could you send the svg over somehow so I could monkey with it?
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-08-11 at 08:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

PM me your E-mail?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Also, because magic does not interfere with technology, the answer to magic swords and armor is simple- Magic Guns.
    I was playing FF tactics the other day when I got that idea. I've been meaning to draw up a few concepts and seeing if they're viable.

20. - Top - End - #200

Sent over.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    I was playing FF tactics the other day when I got that idea. I've been meaning to draw up a few concepts and seeing if they're viable.
    Err... Just use magic to make it a +1 Flaming Gun?

22. - Top - End - #202

Right, it's taking forever to attach. Can I just give you the entire code I copied in notepad?

23. - Top - End - #203

d20 Modern has magic guns.

24. - Top - End - #204

That might work, that might not. I'll give it a try.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Err... Just use magic to make it a +1 Flaming Gun?
    That's too easy.

I'm trying to think of something a tad more unique.

It would probably help though if I had any understanding of the mechanics of magic and/or dnd in general.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-11 at 08:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

27. - Top - End - #207

My computer is unable to send attachments, it seems. And I can't Copypaste it to the message, as I checked. It's a 1195 page word document at least. It would take forever to copy and I'm pretty sure e-mails have a limit.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it be feasible for a gun to have some sort of interchangeable attachment on the barrel that would automatically imbue a bullet passing through it with some sort of magical effect?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-11 at 08:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Just to add something, guns aren't really "complex" technology, at their most basic form they are just a tube that propels bullets by making an explosion inside. Magic disrupting them doesn't make any sense.
    Actually, have you ever seen the miniseries "The Lost Room"?

Basically it's about a bunch of objects that for some reason became "magical", among them is a pair of glasses that stops forms of combustion (with some exceptions) within 20 ft., like combustion engines and firearms.

@Tiff. Remember Outlaw Star? Perhaps magical ammunition is the key.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-08-11 at 08:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    My computer is unable to send attachments, it seems. And I can't Copypaste it to the message, as I checked. It's a 1195 page word document at least. It would take forever to copy and I'm pretty sure e-mails have a limit.

Rapidshare or something similar?