New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default new 3.5 base race (PEACH)

Tell me what you think:

En-zula
    the En-zula are a human subrace who, due to a necromantic ritual, draw life from negative energy

Physical descripion: En-zula appear mostly human, though pale and wiry.
    Their hair is blood red, bright green, electric blue, or a similarly vibrant colour. The "whites" of their eyes are pitch black and their pupils are pure white, with a purple or yellow iris. They often tattoo paterns onto their skin

Personality: En-zula beleive others see them as abominations and are thus highly suspicious of others. they are very determined- once they set their sights on a goal, they will stop at nothing to acomplish it, even if it takes years

En-zula traits
    *Humanoid(human subtype)
    *Medium size
    *Void soul: En-zula are healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy
    *Drain resistance: anyone targeting an En-zula with an energy drain effect must make a caster level(or hit dice) check DC11+the En-zula's character level to succeed. An En-zula automatical succeeds their fortitude save to remove a negative level after 24 hours
    *+2 racial bonus on intimidate checks: En-zula are naturaly unsettling
    *Darkened spirit: En-zula gain a +2 bonus on charisma based checks made against undead and an En-zula who becomes undead gains +2 turn resistance
    *Favoured class: cleric. En-zula clerics usually draw power from the negative energy plane itself(destruction, death and evil domains)
    level adjustment:+0
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2009-08-05 at 03:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: new 3.5 base race (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    *Drain resistance: anyone targeting an En-zula with an energy drain effect must make a caster level(or hit dice) check DC11+the En-zula's character level to succeed.
    I like the flavor, but the check with a base DC of 11 seems a bit odd, as they're usually 10. Not necessarily bad, but just something I noted.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

3. - Top - End - #3

I based the DC on drow spell resistance

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

confused Re: new 3.5 base race (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    An En-zula automatical succeeds their fortitude save to resist negative energy
    doesn't that mean that they are auto immune to such spells as mummify or dessicate, as those spells are necromancy spells that allow a saving throw?

isn't that a little over powered for a 0 level adjustment race that they get immunity to over half of the necromancy spells?
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

dope avatar Lomp, the Horse by Honest Tiefling

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Specter View Post
    doesn't that mean that they are auto immune to such spells as mummify or dessicate, as those spells are necromancy spells that allow a saving throw?

isn't that a little over powered for a 0 level adjustment race that they get immunity to over half of the necromancy spells?
    "Negative Energy" doesn't mean "Necromancy," though. Unless a spell has the [Death] descriptor or deals negative energy damage, I wouldn't classify it as a negative energy spell; mummify and desiccate should affect them just fine.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

6. - Top - End - #6

sorry. i mean the save to remove a negative level after 24 hours

fixed it now
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2009-08-05 at 03:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.