New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post

Sorry, man. Normally, I'd kill off my author insert, but I author-insert too much as it is and you don't get shipped alot...
    Don't be phased by my comments mate, I loved the story. :D

Actually that was the first real ship I've been in yet, EleventhHours being awesome, but not actually shipping me with anyone.

But yeah, I liked it muchly. Please ship me again whenever you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

cool Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    I had really hoped to see you write something when I made that desperate plea, but I had never, ever expected something quite like this.
    Then I can still surprise you from time to time. Good.

Fic beginning is very sadfic. Bah, it's getting away from me.

Spoiler
    Show

Pale was the impression that first imprinted upon the mind on taking it in; a pale ghost-light, a phantom's precursor to dawn, that cast about the area but could not fill it, leaving dark corners and hanging patches of shadowstuff.

Secondly came the impression of labor; of hard work and incredible focus that had pushed down upon the creator with the kind of relentless pressure that birthed diamonds - and cracked lives. Stillborn genius, frozen upon the tableau despite the frentic efforts to give life and form. The ashen taste of doubt and failure hung in the false light, accenting the depression of the mother who, despite all efforts, could not carry the child to term. Broken memories and crushing defeats. So many times so close, and then ... gone.

The ghost-light seems fitting in this context; false light, false hope, a glimmer that never bursts into the full potential of the blinding furnace-sun; a creative womb that fails somehow to nurture the zygote past a certain point, always a bridge too far, and then the purge; what remains set in the scaffolding like tiny tombstones, a graveyard memorial to all the might-have-beens.

Perhaps the greatest sorrow is that there have been no new additions in months; defeat after defeat have left the mother exhausted and without hope. The room sits deserted, but not forgotten; it lingers spider-like, having already injected its destructive toxin and simply waiting the the prey to cease altogether, so it, too, can be wound up, drained of its vital juices and left hanging as a grim trophy to fear and hopelessness.

Imagine then, the dissonance produced in our weary, worn-down creator when, while passing down the hall in which the door that is no longer opened lies, the sound of laughter can be heard from within the mausoleum. Anger, fear, concern, curiosity; all of these things and more stir in the breast, quickening the body, adrenaline standing in for a short time for inspiration.

The door is thrown open, and inward goes; anger and shock, someone has moved the latticework, violated the quiet order of despair - the violation continues with the sound of splintering wood, and for the first time in months, the creator runs, as worried for the memorials of her failures as any mother would be for her own living child. Around the bleak corner, heart pounding, pulse threading ... then a full stop as eyes take in the scene.

The far wall. The child from [Dawn's Blossoms]. The evening sky from [Absinthe in Amsterdam]. Bits and pieces from each of the failed masterworks, reassembled into a pastiche. The heart seems to start again, beating slowly. Bits and pieces of the work, stitched together into something new, and yet old. Bits and pieces of life - shifted, rearranged, given new context. Silence for a long time regarding the mystery. Distracted.

"But ... how," murmured under the breath. It was then an observation was made - there was, among the transplant of the old, one thing which was new; a tiny scrawl in a spidery script near the very bottom.

Hey me, this is you. Sometimes you just need a change of perspective. Love, us.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

I was totally waiting for someone to say this
    >.>
    <.<

*fly away*

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. I finally forced myself to sit down, stop procrastinating, and actually write this. Go me. You know the last time I did anything on this was in the previous thread? You've probably all forgotten about it by now.

Cast List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ring's Party:
    Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt - Frodo (hobbit)
    DragonRider (DeeRee) - Sam(antha)(hobbit)

The King's Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TwoBit - Pippin (hobbit)
    Cristo - Merry (hobbit)
    Nil - Aragorn
    Fred - Gimli
    Artemis - Legolas (also female)
    Destro - Gandalf

Those with indeterminate status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lex - Boromir (inexplicably female, MIA)

the Ship of the Rings: the ridiculously long epic continues.
    Part 8
    Starring: The King's Party -2 (With Wolfbane as Theoden and zombies)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The night fell slowly, lengthening shadows cast be the fortress walls throwing the valley into darkness a piece at a time. Fred and Artemis stood on the wall, staring down at the ground below them. Torches had appeared around the mouth of the valley, the shambling creatures carrying them moving slowly and inexorably forwards.

I'll make you a bet. Fred looked up at Artemis. The distance was shorter than normal; the dwarf had found a box somewhere and was standing on it so he could better see over the fortifications.

What's that? The elf had drawn her bow and was leaning casually on the wall, waiting for the zombies to get within striking range.

I bet I can kill more zombies than you.

What do I get if I win?

Umm.. well, actually I hadn't thought that far ahead. Nil just said that us keeping track of kills was important, and to make sure no more elves showed up, and then went off mumbling about Peter Jackson again.

You know, I don't think any more elves are going to get the chance to show up...

The zombies were audible now, their cries of LOL OMG! and Forts r 4 n00bs! reaching the ears of the defenders on the walls. They filled the valley with their numbers, shambling up to the walls and beginning the long task of stacking enough zombies to make a ramp.

Are they allowed to do that? They aren't allowed to do that, are they? Wolfbane looked down at the slowly forming zombie ramp. Arrows had already begun to rain from above, causing many of the zombies to pitch backwards with feathered shafts sticking out of their eyes and heads. But many more survived to push them back into place on the ramp.

I'm afraid they are. The script called for ladders, but zombies are bad at climbing. Of course, the script also calls for them to blow up part of the wall, and I've got no idea how they'll manage to do that...

They could always just use the flamethrowers.

The what? Nil spun around to look down at the horde.

The flamethrowers. Wolf said again. The door to this place is made of wood, and those zombies walking up to it have flamethrowers.

Dammit! I need to get down there and stop them! Nil went sprinting for the stairs, leaving Wolf standing alone on the battlements.

Headshot! 50 points. Art grinned and nocked another arrow. Looks like I'm winning, Fred.

Just because I can't start killing them until they actually get up here! You've got a ranged weapon.

You mean you don't? The elf pegged another zombie between the eyes and glanced over at him.

No.

Well why not? They're incredibly useful, you know.

It's un-dwarfy to use a bow!

What about a crossbow? There's a conveniently placed rack of them over there if you want one. Lots of bolts and arrows, too. Though it's not like we ever run out.

Yeah. What's with that, anyways? It's like nobody is bothering to keep track of how many get used, or something... Fred ran off to get a crossbow and Artemis turned back the the zombies.

Another arrow lodged itself in a zombie's eye. Hey ugly! How does it feel to get pwned by a girl!?

HAX! Screamed the zombie.

In other news, Travelin' Soldier is a sad song, and I may need to write something based off it. Also, I appear to be catching up to Curly in number of ships written, provided one does not count the drabbles.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Thanatos - Poor Loopy. He's a little... not right in the head.

@ Helgraf - Another challenging one to puzzle over. I think I understood it, but it probably has multiple interpretations and probably won't even be clear until finished.

@ Destro - Hehe. LoLzombies will never get old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

I keep expecting Orlies to come flying out of the inner halls of Helm's Deep to fight the lolzombies...

Just waitin' on my chance to stab the Witch King...

...or die, dying's always good too. It's usually the role I give Meriadoc anytime I play the LOTR game.

"Go Merry! Lead the charge of the Rohirrim!"

*3 seconds later*

"Um...Merry's dead..."

"Objective completed...no then, charge!"

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Thanatos - Poor Loopy. He's a little... not right in the head.
    True enough!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

One might almost say that he's loopy. >.>

Continuing my little world-building experiment...

The Birth of a Legend
    Kara Kuro and Ghost-Warlock (unnamed)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Myth, legend, fable – all are merely words to describe events that were once fresh in the memories of the populace. Stories that have been exaggerated in the telling, making the story-teller seem to have played a significant part in the events unfolding around him beyond his control. Events that, in reality, he had little or nothing to do with. But the embellishments make it a grand tale. Or so it seems.

The truth of the matter is that there was once a young man who had made his life’s work the study of the arcane. A man who had everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candles threw fluttering light upon the walls and ceiling. It was a chill evening, but the windows had been opened to let air flow through the chamber. The man stood by the bedside of his wife, holding her hand though she squeezed it painfully. The midwife knelt at the foot of the bed. “It won’t be long now, deary.”

He tried to smile. The pregnancy had been difficult for Kara to bear – it was their first, and by all appearances was an exceptionally large, healthy child, for which they thanked all the gods – and it seemed that the birthing would be no easier. Kara saw his grimace and smiled up at him, loosening her grip on his hand and running her thumb over the back of it. He was overwhelmed by the wave of love for her that washed over him, and bent to kiss her forehead. He felt her tremors through his lips.

“Oh.” He froze, and felt Kara doing the same. “Nothing to worry about, dearies. We’ll get this straightened up right away.”

He straightened up, disengaged his hand, and hurried to the midwife’s side. “What happened?”

“He’s turned around. I’ll have to bring him out feet first. Give your wife some of that elixir, then help me apply this poultice.”

He scooped up the flask and hustled up next to Kara, stroking her cheek and giving her a reassuring smile as she drank, then kissed her again. “Everything’s okay, love.” He hurried back to the midwife’s side and took a damp towel that smelled strongly of an herbal concoction – he detected sugar gum, goldclover, and grey thistle in the mix - from a small basket, pressing it against Kara’s belly.

After a few minutes, though the interval felt far longer to Kara, a pair of feet appeared. The midwife gently gripped the exposed limbs. “Push, deary.” Tiny legs slowly slid out amidst a wash of fluids. “You’re doing great, deary.” The man doubted that Kara heard the words over her cries of pain. He glanced up and saw that she had closed her eyes and thrown her head back. He quickly looked back to rubbing her with the towel. He almost didn’t hear the midwife whisper, “Oh, no.”

The child had become entangled, the cord wrapped around his neck, his face blue. The midwife stumbled in her haste to grab her knife and cut the cord away. She rushed him to the washbasin, rinsing the birthing fluids from his body as she tried to get him to breathe.

Kara had collapsed onto the bed, where she lay panting from the exertion. The man returned to her side, trying not to show his worry as the midwife worked. He took her hand; her birthing fever was cooling. She looked exhausted, too drained to feel contentment or relief that the pain was over. Her eyes were open, pupils dilated. He smelt a metallic odor over the herbal aroma. Copper. Blood.

“Kara?” No response. She was barely breathing. “Kara!” Did her eye move, or was it merely a trick of the light? He whirled to face the midwife, who was slowly coming upright in the corner. “You have to help her!”

The woman nodded, her cheerful manner wholly evaporated as she moved to the bed. “Too much bleeding.” Taking another vial from her pouch, she passed it to the man. “Give her this.”

Kara coughed weakly as the man poured the contents of the vial into her mouth and stroked her throat to make her swallow. A drop of fluid dribbled over her chin. He felt her pulse growing weaker and weaker…

“She’s too far gone. I can’t help her.” The midwife’s voice cracked. “I – I’m sorry, sir. For both of them.”

The man sank to his knees. After a few moments, the midwife quietly excused herself, leaving a trail of intermittent damp spots on the stones where her tears fell. Morning had broken before the man realized the full import of her words; the silence of the long night had been unbroken by the cries of a newborn infant…
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2009-10-08 at 11:16 AM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    One might almost say that he's loopy.
    BOOM-TISH! But mangosta, my lawyers will be contacting you shortly, I'm suing you for defamation.
    Last edited by loopy; 2009-10-08 at 09:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, loopy, I poisoned the cheese; the lawyers are dead.

As for you, mangosta - such sweet suffering...

(BTW, there's a Reina in paragraph #4. Is that an 'oopsey' or is Reina the midwife?)
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-10-08 at 09:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Sorry, loopy, I poisoned the cheese; the lawyers are dead.

As for you, mangosta - such sweet suffering...

(BTW, there's a Reina in paragraph #4. Is that an 'oopsey' or is Reina the midwife?)
    The lawyers you know about!

The rest are ninjas! (and ninja process servers: *smokebomb* POW! "You've been served!")

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Raptor, this one is for you. Sorry it's not the best. For some reason I really had trouble with this one. Major writers block several times. Definitely not my best, but here it is.

Silverraptor-Shane Raptor- The ability to manipulate his shadow, and can take on the shadows' of others.
    EleventhHour-Elle- She can shift into a cat, or cat person, but never into a normal human.
    Reinholdt-Ren- Same powers as his twin sister. Together, though...
    Lord Fullbladder-Fenton Baddar- Rich investor/trainer of villains
    Coidzor-Captain Coldra- Rich ex-hero/trainer of heroes
    Grimranger-Grim- ...
    Jesse Drake-Drake- ...

Okay, and without further ado

Spoiler
    Show
    C.O.R.E. H.E.R.O.E.S.
    What does it stand for,
    Nobody knows!

Shawn Raptor, the youngest of the bunch, and social outcast, always knew he was different. Special. Then, one day, the card came in the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.E. H.E.R.O.E.S.
    If you think you're meant for more, come to the address on the back of the card.
    Raptor flipped the card and found the address rather easily. "Now that's a bit weird. And kinda vague. How do I know they mean me?" He pocketed the card and began to walk off. Then he thought. "Well, what if this is my only chance? What if this is what's gonna help me be a better superhero?" He had to go.

The next few days he spent on his moped, riding to the big city. He arrived at a large building, labeled C.O.R.E. H.E.R.O.E.S., and looked at his card. Yup, it was the right place.

"Man, who thought becoming a superhero would be that easy?" But then he came to an elevator. It had one button. No markings. No numbers up top. No blinking lights. Cautiously, Raptor pressed the button.

The door flew open immediately. A squat man with wispy white hair stood, waiting for something. Or someone.

After getting in the elevator, Shane noticed not a single button. He prepared to say something. But the doors zipped shut. Then Raptor just sat back. After a moment, the young man asked "Um, how do I get to my floor?"

"Whichever floor it is, you'll get there." commented the grinning man.

"So... C.O.R.E. H.E.R.O.E.S.... what does that stand for?"

"Nothing. It's just a clever name."

"Oh... so, what do you do here?"

"I don't work here." smiled the man. "I'm just an investor- making sure my cash is well spent."

"Oh." And right then, the elevator opened. Both left, and Raptor noticed a sign that said ' < New Recruits That Way'. "So, um, what can we expect for today?"

The man said nothing. He just smiled. Mr. Baddar knew exactly what to expect. But he wasn't gonna reveal anything.

Raptor made it into a room full of strange people. Then a short woman with glasses and curly hair, came out, holding a clip board. She began interviewing each person, and when she came to Raptor, and asked what his was. "Um..."

"Thank you, I got it, Shadow Caster." She quickly jotted several things down, and moved on.

"Um... what was that?"

"Okay everyone. I'm sorting you all into groups, these will be your teammates till we say other. Now, let's meet the guy who'll run you through the whole costume thing. Captain Coldra!"

A large flash filled the room, then cold vapors began rising. A man, in ice blue spandex, trimmed with dark blue leather, strode into the room, gliding on ice skates made of ice. "Hello everybody!" he called in a faded french accent. "Today you are being given special training. First we will discuss costumes!"

The eccentric man and the group all worked to get their costumes just right. As they worked, the woman looked around at the young heroes, and gave a few notes to Coldra. "Okay, here are your new teams. You will become one in combat. Okay."

After a few minutes, the young Raptor became grouped with apparently no one. Then, he noticed two small cats rubbing against his ankles. "Hey there kitty kitty." He looked. One was silver, one was dark grey. "What are you doing here?"

The silver one sprang up. It was a gorgeous young woman in a black leather one piece. Her wrists and ankles had fuzzy black cuffs. Her ears were silver though, as her hair too. Also, the long protruding tail from her posterior.

"M..m..meow." Sputtered Raptor. Then, next to him, the other cat sprang up and revealed himself to be an extremely fit young man, with a tight black suit, also a on piece, but his covered his legs and arms too. His features matched his fur, and he smiled a fanged smile at Raptor. "Uh... Catpeople."

"Yeah, catpeople." smirked the male. "I'm Ren. This is my sister Elle."

"Hey." Elle waved eagerly. "You want to be a great hero too?"

"Yeah!" Replied Raptor, almost as eager. "Wow, you look great."

"Meh, it's regulation apparently."

"So, uh, ya know, after this is over, wanna maybe go see a movie?"

"Hey, I'm here for serious business."

"Oh. Alright."

"Rejected!" Interjected Ren happily. "Come on guys, quit yer bickering and let's go. We've got to go to the helipad. Our team leaves in four minutes."

The three of them ran off. They reached the helipad and got in, and there was a man in a thick combat suit waiting for them. "Hey guys, get in. Word is that Deacon City has a high crime rate and that's where you come in. The bank is being robbed, police are down still from the viruses implanted in their cop cars."

"That bad huh?" asked Raptor.

"You wouldn't believe. You're lucky it's just the one thing."

The team flew through the air and approached their destination. "Get out, get out, now!"

Ren and Elle leapt out, morphing into cats along the way. But Raptor. Raptor just fell, and tumbled a bit. Together, the group went forward and came to the bank. "Okay, how's this. My shadow will go in with you two and... well, let's take care of business."

And they did. The cats went in with the shadow, who immediately boxed the baddies, while the others leapt up and started clawing away. The whole group of thugs went down. Then immediately, the real Raptor got a ring on the headset. "It was a trick!" He calls to the others. "Come on, we've got to get to the museum!"

The odd coincidence of a crime starting right as they finished the first one didn't alarm anyone. It must be the way of the hero. Meanwhile, far away...

Baddar lit his cigar and puffed away casually. "So, Coldra, what do you think?"

The odd ball of a man skated around. "It eez going to be a fun one, no?" He let his accent come though heavily there. Then, icing the tip of Baddar's cigar, he asked "So who deed you get to fight these rookies?"

"Oh, I've got a surprise finisher ready. Grim and Drake."

Coldra coughed. "What!" his accent completely faded. "How could you send them out there? They are the most ruthless duo in your 'stable'!"

Back at the museum, the team wrapped up another victory. "Boy, this is fun!" laughs Raptor. Then, looking at Elle, he asked "So, maybe you wanna reconsider that..."

"No." Replied Elle smiling. "I'm not dating co-workers. Sorry."

"Oh." Raptor's head hung low. "Well, how about you meet me half way and we eat some popcorn together."

Elle smiled. Ren's face, however, shifted to one of disturbance. "Hey, look!"

A big black blot blanked out the sun. It created a shadow on the ground with a diameter the size of a school bus. And not one of the special ed ones.

"What the hell is that?" asked Ren. Raptor's powers were useless as long as that shadow was there. But it kept creeping closer, and finally, two figures landed before the team. One was a spiked hair man with wisps of shadows clinging all over to him. The other was a masked man with a razor sharp blade in his hand.

"Supervillains!" commented Raptor. As they landed, the blot, which came off of the spiky haired one's shoulders, seemed to suck back into him. "Come on guys, let's do this."

"This doesn't feel right." Commented Ren. But his sister already sprang into action, and started clawing at the masked man, Grim. He laughed.

"Sorry guys, you're gonna have to try harder than that to hit me." At that, he booted the cat girl back, several feet. At that, Drake, the other man, shot two large shadowy tendrils at Ren. Ren leapt up and dodged. But Raptor's shadow approached Drake quickly. But then he cast no shadow.

"No luck rookie." laughed Drake mockingly. "I don't let my shadow sit on the ground like you mortals." The shadow moved towards Grim, who also appeared to cast no shadow. "Maybe if you were good enough, you can manipulate the shadows of others too!" Raptor ran up and tried to punch the man. It was all he could do.

The twins looked at each other and grinned. "Now let's show them our true power!" They held hands, and in an instant, they became one. They turned into a large tiger. At least 15 feet long and eight feet tall. A true beast.

"Whoa!" commented Raptor. In that moment, Drake flung him back. Then Grim flew towards the lion and slashed. But the lion moved with unnatural grace. It dodged the strike easily.

Drake and Raptor fought, Drake throwing his tendrils into the match occasionally. Raptor was getting beat. Hard. And Drake only taunted his foe mercilessly. This was his end.

Drake stood over Raptor and grinned. "Any last words, kid?"

Raptor, gasping for air, looked at the wisps of shadow coming off of Drake. The ones on his legs were pretty close to the ground. Raptor drew all his energy in. Then he shot his hand up. Drake grabbed it and began crushing... then realized that the shadow's hand had shot out of the ground.

"What the?" The shadow pulled the curling shadows tight, and yanked down hard. Drake's entirety turned to shadow and he fell onto the flat surface. "Hey... what are you thinking?" Raptor's shadow shifted into a raptor, and started tearing away at Drake.

The twins in lion form had less luck. Grim's blade kept them at bay, and he chopped so fast, it almost seemed like he had ten blades. Then, they took a hit. Hard. The lion's chest was cleaved in twain, and the twins separated, and fell.

"Nooo!" Cried Raptor. Grim turned to him... And his shadow was back, not that Drake was gone. Raptor's shadow leapt at Grim, who now charged Raptor. But Grim was too slow. The Raptor shadow hit him, and collided. Of course, Grim started swinging, and did hit the shadow. But his shadow wasn't protected like his corporeal form. He went down.

Raptor walked away. He'd never fight again, as long as he could help it.

------------------------------------

The show went on. The next week, they played the scenes on an episode of MTV's Heroes and Villains, not the most original name. The next few days were fine for C.O.R.E. H.E.R.O.E.S., not a problem with any network. And their friends in the repair business were profiting greatly. Then Baddar went to light his stogy... and noticed something odd about the flicker of his match.
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-10-08 at 11:27 AM.
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    That's an oops. Fixed. I was going to use Reina at first because I have a better feel for her character, but when I checked the permissions thread halfway through writing she hadn't given it. So I went through the list, trying to decide who else would be suitable for the role, and lit upon someone I didn't know that well but thought might work and didn't already have plans for...

The midwife isn't specified because I'm not planning for her to enter into the rest of the story.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

Jesse Drake: It's pretty cool. It's just confusing here and there. Anyways, you've just convinced me to do part 2 of the time paradox I started. Stay tuned.

Also I laughed at the "rejection" part. I take it you saw that thread.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-10-08 at 12:13 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jesse Drake: It's pretty cool. It's just confusing here and there. Anyways, you've just convinced me to do part 2 of the time paradox I started. Stay tuned.
    Yeah. It's pretty much one straight line timewise, but I clip to the guys manipulating things for a bit. Like I said, not my best work, my brains kinda been wracked lately.

Also I laughed at the "rejection" part. I take it you saw that thread.
    Yeah, I had to put that in.

Edit* The focus wasn't on how they beat the low life guys, I kinda fast forwarded through that.
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-10-08 at 12:38 PM.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006

It's good, but I got a bit confused around the middle.
    Hee! Thread Reference!
    >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Here's part 2 of what I started. And Part 1 for those of you who haven't seen it.

Cast-
    Silverraptor
    Grim ranger
    Nameless
    Reinholdt

Spoiler
    Show
    A cloud of white steam billows out of a capsule machine as it opens. Inside is a man who wakes up with blurred vision. As his eyes adjust, he notices he's in a strange laboratory. He grins at the site of everything, apparently he knows what everything is. He carefully picks himself from out of the machine. As he stands upright, a hidden compartment opens up and reveals some silver clothing. He quickly puts it on and leaves the room.

He walks down a brightly lit hallway that has many entrances to different rooms, but he continues down. He walks with determination, approaching the room he wants. Finally, he gets to a high-tech door. Some devices around him start scans and shortly afterwards, the door opens. He enters to what looks like a state-of-the-art tactical room.

Immediately, machines start coming to life, displaying holographic maps and various data. Report. He ignores the chair and stands in front of a large screen.

There has been a time anomily in universe 0784. Critical subject has been assassinated in this location and time. The screen shows an array of data.

Hmmm... Any idea who caused the anomily?

Unknown. But time warping signatures came from this location in Universe 3182 and proceed into Universe 0784. A feedback time flux appeared at a later date in Universe 0784. The holographic maps blinked red at the spots indicated.

The man smiled. So, the Shipping nation has finally developed its own time-travel devices, huh? But by the looks of it, they don't really understand all the laws associated with time-travel. What has become of Universe 0784?

The assassination of the subject has led to a combat advantage of the shipping nation and incresed borders. However, Moral Justifiers have been left alone to concur neutral nations and have developed enough military might to start challenging the Shipping and Crack-pairing nations directly. Here is a current time map now. The holographic map molds itself and shows the land masses. Blue for territory owned by Crack pairers, Red for territory owned by Shippers, and Yellow for territory owned by Moral Justifiers.

I see. So the Moral Justifiers are concentrating on the shipping nation. Looking at this map, they hope to attack the stronger of the two while it is off guard. He then notices where the blob of yellow that signified the Moral Justifiers Invasion army was heading. Wait! The Sketches nation is owned by the Shippers? They were neutral arms dealers. What happened?

Data shows that they joined the Shippers when the war was in their favor. As of right now, the Moral Justifiers are approaching fast on the capital.

How long until they get there?

ETA 0400 hours.

Not alot of time. Prep the army into the universe jump device. We need to help Vulion protect his nation.

Very well. Squads A-G are being prepared now.

I want a battle command added to the army as well. We have no bases set up now and we need to establish it quickly in the battle. I will direct the troops from there.

Sir! That is a reckless move and unusual strategy.

I know, we will lose alot of troops in this process, but we have no real choice. It was the assassins' fault for doing this. But who ever they are, they will certainly be shocked. He turns and starts to leave through the door. They thought they could kill me, but they will learn that Silverraptor doesn't die easily.

This is not good. The three men were sitting in Grim Ranger's office. Grim Ranger and Nameless were watching a video monitor on the war while Reinholdt was scribbling the supplies he needed for the reconstruction of the time machine

I can't believe that nation actually joined us in the war than remain neutral. Though it looks like we're going to lose it anyways.

It's unfortunate, yes. But none of it will matter once we get the time machine built again. Speaking of which, how's it going Reinholdt?

I'm trying to remember all the materials we need for the construction, but there's so many! And we had other test designs with different amount of materials and I'm trying to remember which amount was what.

Take it easy, Reinholdt. We've only been here for several hours.

And in the mean time, our enemies are approaching.

It's no different then last time Reinholdt. Except the enemies are more vicious. There are reports of women and children being killed in the territories they concured.

Oh, well that certainly makes me feel better!

Look, why don't you take a break. We have cake here, grab a slice.

No! I can't take a break! I need to get this done now!

QUIET! The two men looked around at Grim Ranger. He was staring at the screen with his mouth opened and shock on his face. Nameless, Reinholdt. Look at this. The two men come over and look at the screen.

It can't be...

But... you killed him. How..?

On the monitor, which was displaying real time analysis from a satelite, was an army appearing off the shore of the Sketches nation, it seemed to come out of the very air.

It seems that Silverraptor doesn't die without a fight...

Thought this was a good stopping point for part 2. Please let me know what you think. And I'm sure I have some spelling errors in here, so let me know about that too. I hope you can read some of the words as well, since the color kindof blends with the background.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

RabbitHoleLost and Helgraf

Never done anything like this before, haven't even written a piece of fiction in 5+ years, so forgive the oncoming suck-i-tude.

Spoiler
    Show

They say time flies when you are having fun. Well, when he was around, you are always flying, but the warmth you feel... It just lasts an eternity. Every night he has come to you, for weeks, months, years. He promises he'll never stop coming.

Tonight will burn a hole in the sky...

You've been hurt before, your heart shattered into a million shining pieces, but you belive him.

He holds your hand. His smile lights the heavens.

Nights go by... you lay there, wondering if this is the night he'll fail to show. One day it'll happen, you think. All good things must come to an end. Of course they must, they all have before, and why would things ever change for you? Why would you possibly deserve this gift?

Yet its still nothing compared to the love you feel every time he softly sneaks up on you.

When your time draws to an end, he draws you to him, an embrace that sets fire to your soul. Worries and cares ceasing, if only for a moment. His lips meet yours for one brilliant second before he vanishes once more.

You wake, smiling, something you always seem to be doing nowadays. You aren't worried. He'll be back. He always is. He promised.

So... yeah. Sorry for the suck-i-tude. I wrote this from 5.30am to 5.50am after a terrible terrible night, so I apologise. Hope you are feeling better Rabbit.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Mangosta - Ouch. Sad.

@ Jesse - Indeed, it was confusing. But I could tell that it seems like 4 people died horribly... 5 if you count what Silverraptor is going to do to Fullbladder.

@ Silverraptor - But if he's not dead then there was no problem to begin with! But if there was no problem, there is no time paradox, which means the time machine is invented which means we go back in time to kill silverraptor which creates the time paradox, but then silverraptor shows up and is not dead so there is no time paradox so the time machine is invented and...

@ loopy - It was really good. Sweet too. Much better than my stuff. You're a good writer. Give us more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

@ Silverraptor - But if he's not dead then there was no problem to begin with! But if there was no problem, there is no time paradox, which means the time machine is invented which means we go back in time to kill silverraptor which creates the time paradox, but then silverraptor shows up and is not dead so there is no time paradox so the time machine is invented and...
    HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Everything will make sense eventually. Just you wait.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

@ loopy - It was really good. Sweet too. Much better than my stuff. You're a good writer. Give us more.
    Thanks, it means a lot. But my scrap of writing isn't better than your work.
    Last edited by loopy; 2009-10-08 at 02:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Here's part 2 of what I started. And Part 1 for those of you who haven't seen it.

Cast-
    Silverraptor
    Grim ranger
    Nameless
    Reinholdt

Spoiler
    Show
    A cloud of white steam billows out of a capsule machine as it opens. Inside is a man who wakes up with blurred vision. As his eyes adjust, he notices he's in a strange laboratory. He grins at the site of everything, apparently he knows what everything is. He carefully picks himself from out of the machine. As he stands upright, a hidden compartment opens up and reveals some silver clothing. He quickly puts it on and leaves the room.

He walks down a brightly lit hallway that has many entrances to different rooms, but he continues down. He walks with determination, approaching the room he wants. Finally, he gets to a high-tech door. Some devices around him start scans and shortly afterwards, the door opens. He enters to what looks like a state-of-the-art tactical room.

Immediately, machines start coming to life, displaying holographic maps and various data. Report. He ignores the chair and stands in front of a large screen.

There has been a time anomily in universe 0784. Critical subject has been assassinated in this location and time. The screen shows an array of data.

Hmmm... Any idea who caused the anomily?

Unknown. But time warping signatures came from this location in Universe 3182 and proceed into Universe 0784. A feedback time flux appeared at a later date in Universe 0784. The holographic maps blinked red at the spots indicated.

The man smiled. So, the Shipping nation has finally developed its own time-travel devices, huh? But by the looks of it, they don't really understand all the laws associated with time-travel. What has become of Universe 0784?

The assassination of the subject has led to a combat advantage of the shipping nation and incresed borders. However, Moral Justifiers have been left alone to concur neutral nations and have developed enough military might to start challenging the Shipping and Crack-pairing nations directly. Here is a current time map now. The holographic map molds itself and shows the land masses. Blue for territory owned by Crack pairers, Red for territory owned by Shippers, and Yellow for territory owned by Moral Justifiers.

I see. So the Moral Justifiers are concentrating on the shipping nation. Looking at this map, they hope to attack the stronger of the two while it is off guard. He then notices where the blob of yellow that signified the Moral Justifiers Invasion army was heading. Wait! The Sketches nation is owned by the Shippers? They were neutral arms dealers. What happened?

Data shows that they joined the Shippers when the war was in their favor. As of right now, the Moral Justifiers are approaching fast on the capital.

How long until they get there?

ETA 0400 hours.

Not alot of time. Prep the army into the universe jump device. We need to help Vulion protect his nation.

Very well. Squads A-G are being prepared now.

I want a battle command added to the army as well. We have no bases set up now and we need to establish it quickly in the battle. I will direct the troops from there.

Sir! That is a reckless move and unusual strategy.

I know, we will lose alot of troops in this process, but we have no real choice. It was the assassins' fault for doing this. But who ever they are, they will certainly be shocked. He turns and starts to leave through the door. They thought they could kill me, but they will learn that Silverraptor doesn't die easily.

This is not good. The three men were sitting in Grim Ranger's office. Grim Ranger and Nameless were watching a video monitor on the war while Reinholdt was scribbling the supplies he needed for the reconstruction of the time machine

I can't believe that nation actually joined us in the war than remain neutral. Though it looks like we're going to lose it anyways.

It's unfortunate, yes. But none of it will matter once we get the time machine built again. Speaking of which, how's it going Reinholdt?

I'm trying to remember all the materials we need for the construction, but there's so many! And we had other test designs with different amount of materials and I'm trying to remember which amount was what.

Take it easy, Reinholdt. We've only been here for several hours.

And in the mean time, our enemies are approaching.

It's no different then last time Reinholdt. Except the enemies are more vicious. There are reports of women and children being killed in the territories they concured.

Oh, well that certainly makes me feel better!

Look, why don't you take a break. We have cake here, grab a slice.

No! I can't take a break! I need to get this done now!

QUIET! The two men looked around at Grim Ranger. He was staring at the screen with his mouth opened and shock on his face. Nameless, Reinholdt. Look at this. The two men come over and look at the screen.

It can't be...

But... you killed him. How..?

On the monitor, which was displaying real time analysis from a satelite, was an army appearing off the shore of the Sketches nation, it seemed to come out of the very air.

It seems that Silverraptor doesn't die without a fight...

Thought this was a good stopping point for part 2. Please let me know what you think. And I'm sure I have some spelling errors in here, so let me know about that too. I hope you can read some of the words as well, since the color kindof blends with the background.
    DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
    ... What? >.>

Awesome.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
    ... What? >.>

Awesome.
    Just wait until you see the army in action.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Thanks, it means a lot. But my scrap of writing isn't better than your work.
    Dude, that piece was very nice, especially for the time of day you wrote it at. Don't sell your self short man.

Now, back to the Lurk Cave! Away!

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

The last ship I did, I wrote on my laptop while sitting in my old car, Cecilia, in the pouring rain, waiting for my brother to get out of his class. It was cold and the heat didn't work in the car, so even though it was April or something I was wearing my heavy coat, and I was edged away from the door because the window didn't quite seal and water ran down the inside of it when it rained too hard.

I miss that car.

And now I want to write another ship.

26. - Top - End - #1016

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ooh! Ship me! Ship me!
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Heroes Vigilantes and Villains, Incorporated - Part Two
    Wherein the sub-title is also self-referential.
    This ship was started whilst listening to Pretty When you Cry. (LINK Warning: Possibly NSFW)

Cast of characters:
    Thanatos
    Jesse Drake
    Loopy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jesse stood in the locker room and pinched at Gods-know how many different uncomfortable folds in the fabric that were pinching against his skin. He was wearing a one-piece set of tights with a silver background and a fierce, rather impressive dragon design spiraling over it.
    He also had a cape with the same colour combination and a dragon with it's wings unfurled, as if air-breaking before the attack.
    "Seriously? Why did you guys have to put me in Spandex? You get a trench coat, Rabbit gets a suit - I get tights?"
    "You got some classic powers, kid, it calls for a classic look." Thanatos replied evenly as he checked over his guns. "You're immune to bullets, right? So I don't need blanks?"
    "Yeah... Why is this cup three sizes too big?" Jessie replied, presenting the cup in question.
    "Marketing, kid. Attracts the creepy fangirl types. Don't worry, I'm told you look good. Remember the script?"
    "Yeah, you mistake me for a bad guy when I bust some thugs - played by some of our temps here - in public, and open fire all hero-like, I fight you off, explain who I am and not kill you, and you introduce me to the rest of the team."
    ~~~
    Outside the Seventeenth National Bank, an alarm was tripped, and the new Hero Jesse Drake flew in to save the day, quite handily handling the two "Robbers" in short order before he felt the impact of bullets raining upon his back.
    "Vile villian! What dastardly schemes are you bankrolling here?" Thanatos challenged alongside the bullets in his best dramatic-hero speech. He was across the street, crouching atop a parked passenger bus that the police pulled up in case the criminals made demands for such.

Jesse launched himself at Thanatos
    "I'll not let you continue the work of those two!" He shouted, flying through the broken glass doors and tackling Thanatos head-on.

And then they both heard a loud, powerful guitar riff.
    "Loopy!" Thanatos shouted, easily slipping out of Jesse's grip he was just pretending to struggle against.
    "Huh?" Jesse wondered aloud, moving aside to glance at the man dressed as a clown not far away, holding a magnificent electric guitar with no apparant speker or power source. The police stood mesmerised.
    Loopy played a quick chord and they turned, levelling their weapons at Thanatos.
    "Gotchya." the clown said with a grin, as the officers opened fire.
    Thanatos rolled behind cover and reloaded his weapons.

Jesse found himself somehow entranced by the music and floated towards it as Loopy played a haunting melody, Jesse flew closer, close enough to hear the man called Loopy.
    "Come with me if you want to know the truth about everything."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

This ship was started whilst listening to Pretty When you Cry. (LINK Warning: Possibly NSFW)

Cast of characters:
    Thanatos
    Jesse Drake
    Loopy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jesse stood in the locker room and pinched at Gods-know how many different uncomfortable folds in the fabric that were pinching against his skin. He was wearing a one-piece set of tights with a silver background and a fierce, rather impressive dragon design spiraling over it.
    He also had a cape with the same colour combination and a dragon with it's wings unfurled, as if air-breaking before the attack.
    "Seriously? Why did you guys have to put me in Spandex? You get a trench coat, Rabbit gets a suit - I get tights?"
    "You got some classic powers, kid, it calls for a classic look." Thanatos replied evenly as he checked over his guns. "You're immune to bullets, right? So I don't need blanks?"
    "Yeah... Why is this cup three sizes too big?" Jessie replied, presenting the cup in question.
    "Marketing, kid. Attracts the creepy fangirl types. Don't worry, I'm told you look good. Remember the script?"
    "Yeah, you mistake me for a bad guy when I bust some thugs - played by some of our temps here - in public, and open fire all hero-like, I fight you off, explain who I am and not kill you, and you introduce me to the rest of the team."
    ~~~
    Outside the Seventeenth National Bank, an alarm was tripped, and the new Hero Jesse Drake flew in to save the day, quite handily handling the two "Robbers" in short order before he felt the impact of bullets raining upon his back.
    "Vile villian! What dastardly schemes are you bankrolling here?" Thanatos challenged alongside the bullets in his best dramatic-hero speech. He was across the street, crouching atop a parked passenger bus that the police pulled up in case the criminals made demands for such.

"I'll not let you continue the work of those two!" He shouted, flying through the broken glass doors and tackling Thanatos head-on.

"Loopy!" Thanatos shouted, easily slipping out of Jesse's grip he was just pretending to struggle against.
    "Huh?" Jesse wondered aloud, moving aside to glance at the man dressed as a clown not far away, holding a magnificent electric guitar with no apparant speker or power source. The police stood mesmerised.
    Loopy played a quick chord and they turned, levelling their weapons at Thanatos.

Jesse found himself somehow entranced by the music and floated towards it as Loopy played a haunting melody, Jesse flew closer, close enough to hear the man called Loopy.
    If anyone requests Freebird they'll receive an electric guitar to the face!
    Last edited by loopy; 2009-10-09 at 08:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Cast of characters:
    Thanatos
    Jesse Drake
    Loopy
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~~~

Eh? I don't remember that in the script. Heh heh, intriguing, and, as can be expected, I want more. Great job Thanatos.

Edit- Oh, did I forget this , as in, Eh? I don't remember that in the script . Alright!
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-10-09 at 07:45 AM.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Eh? I don't remember that in the script.
    That's because it wasn't.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP