New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Oooh. Plot. I almost thought it was all for the lulz.
    Nice and unexpected Thanatos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Banned

Inspiration!

To Jacklu, on the Merits of the Natural
    Spoiler
    Show

The margarine, I know, will melt too soon,
    dissolve to gunk when flesh is merely cool,
    between the dents of bone, a sallow pool,
    a chemist's glaze upon a greasy spoon--
    unworthy fat to sizzle in your fire!
    I put aside the fabricated spread,
    unworthy item for your skin or bed,
    and daub with something better to admire.
    Expensive? Yes, for purity is dear.
    Cut square like diamonds, this adorns your skin,
    now glossy cream, its center cupping in,
    now, melting, sliding down, a white-flecked smear.
    Uncork the bottle, fold the wrapper's foil;
    when butter fails to cling, it's time for oil.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Inspiration!

Spoiler
    Show

Heh. Nice. Very nice.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Tale of Ozaria part 4

New Characters Introduced

Crimmy as The Crimson Mage- A small mage with crimson attire. Though not much is being revealed right now.
    Recaiden as The Old Toymaker- This old woman may be more than she seems.
    Grim Ranger as The Grey Ranger- A mechanical man built for some purpose. Some call him heartless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tale of Ozaria

"Wake up, and see what you truly are." A sweet voice stung Freighters young ears. He peered down and almost screamed. His flesh had become deathly pale.

"What did you do to me?" He roared. The area of the wounds were stitched up, jagged. And the skin around them became a sickly purple. As he yelled, the stitched areas began to seep blood and other various fluids.

"Shhh." The whispered voice felt like acid. "Soon, you'll be fine. Soon, you'll cross over." It wasn't often she had live subjects. Razarra intended to have some fun.

-------------------------

Elizabeth and Dakes escaped the forest with not a scratch on them. "So, they really pick on you everyday!" The monster nodded slowly. "Well, I think that's terrible."

"Well, you seemed to scare them. How'd you do that?" The monster scratched his head.

"Oh, with my gun!" She smiled and waved her M-60 in the air. "Oh, but I suppose I should be conserving ammo. I don't know when I'll be able to stock up again."

"Ammo? Uh, like arrows? Cause I think I might know someone who may be able to make you some arrows probably."

"No, not arrows. Bullets."

"Bolts? Cause he can make arrows, bolts, spears, daggers. Whatever. He just waves his hand and 'poof!', whatever you might need."

"Wait. You know someone who can create ammo out of thin air?"

The monster looked startled. "Um... maybe? I don't know. I think I do know him, but I have no clue who he is. Or her, actually. Ya know, I'm not sure if he was a guy. I don't know. Weird, huh?"

"It's not his fault." laughed a tiny man up in a tree. He wore a large musketeer styled crimson hat with a white feather in it. "After what Razarra did to him, hell, she got a lot of us, but after what she did to him, I'm surprised he's still around."

The figure flipped to the ground. He wore matching crimson robes... and stood only three feet tall. His face was concealed in shadows, and two yellow eyes shone out from beneath his hat. After a moment, he laughed "Dakes, my buddy. How are you?"

"Who are you?" asked Dakes, befuddled.

"You really don't remember me pal. Well, I didn't think you would. But I can say, its your magic that's keeping us here."

Dakes grabbed his head. He had a flash of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dake's Memory
    In a small, cozy hut, an elderly woman sits alone. She's sculpting a wooden puppet. All around her are mannequins, marionettes, dolls, and many other toys.

Then, a knock at the door. "Papa!" called the stranger. "Father, let me in." The old woman stepped a few steps, and her back straightened. Her hair brightened, and then she became a man. Then he opened the door.

"Hello son." he smiled warmly. "Come on in, tell me what's on your mind."

The boy looked at the man and frowned. "Dad, please, can you lose the old lady's face."

"Oh, I forgot about that." He changed his shape slightly, altering his face. "Now, have you been working on your talents."

"Dad, please, I'm not a wizard like you! I'm a soldier. I haven't got talents. I used to make my toys dance as a child. That was it!"

"Is it, son?" he pointed to the upper most shelf. Upon it, two featureless wooden warriors fought effortlessly. After one got in a lucky shot, and knocked the other one from the shelf, he took a moment to bend on one knee, and pray. Then it got up and looked down, and carefully leapt from shelf to shelf, seeking out his foe.
    The crimson man shook his staff at Dakes. "You, my friend. I cannot help you, unless you remember. So good luck. I'll be around." He waved his staff around, then struck the ground, and teleported in a small cloud of dust.

Dakes looked at Elizabeth. "Boy, I don't know what he was talking about." It was mostly true. "It was nothing. I don't know those people, or that little man. That was just a dream or something."

Elizabeth's mind wandered. Then it went back to the crimson mage. "How cute was he! Just jumping around and waving his little stick, and 'poof', he went away." A fair bit of insanity had set in- but calmly. "Boy, this is exactly what I signed up for- seeing new places, meeting new people. I kinda like it here."

"That's good. I like you here. None of the mannequins or marionettes tried to hurt me." He smiled wide. It was kinda creepy.

"Oh." Elizabeth's ears perked up. "Do you hear that? Just up ahead." Dakes listened. He too heard a series of low grunts. Though they were somewhat mechanical.

They drew close to find a hooded man, with dark gray arms, otherwise fully cloaked. In each hand were large scimitars, and before him were several tall and thin creatures. There coloration shades of brown and green. They were very... limber. The weird man spun and swung his blades around, cutting down several of his foes. "Come on, we have to help him!" Called Elizabeth to Dakes.

The man took several hits, and each one clanged against him and otherwise didn't phase him. "He seems to have things taken care of by himself." The man took some more hits, then moved forward and struck again. "Come on, let's go this way. I know a shortcut."

"Shortcut where?" Then, the mechanical man faltered for a moment. Just one step back, making him miss one swing, and then he was up again and fighting. "There! See, he needs help!"

Elizabeth charged forward, pistol drawn, and then as she got closer, put a hot one in the center of one of the tree-things. "Ooh, nice shot! What is that?" Elizabeth didn't answer, but it was a nice shot. The tree thing splintered.

The tree creatures started moving in to the other new foe. But the gray creature smashed them with his heavy blades. But still, some managed to get around him. They drew in close.

Dakes smashed an oncoming treefolk with a mighty paw. Then roared and took on another. And with several well placed shot, Elizabeth picked off several of them, trying to keep a distance.

Then the pistol ran out of ammo. She went to reload, but another tree thing drew closer. She tried to pistol whip it, but it's tough bark skin knocked the gun outta her hand. And she banged her hand up something terrible. Dakes couldn't help either, for he was engaged with a few limber willow like foes.

The tree drew back a large limb, and got ready to clobber Elizabeth. Then a flash leapt behind him, and came down right behind him. As it fell, the creature's limb fell too. Then another blade cut through it's center. The creature fell.

Standing before her was a thin metallic man, his joints clunky and unrefined. His face was oddly scarred, and his eyes glew a deep red.

"Don't hurt her!" Roared Dakes, finishing off the last of his foes. He got ready to pounce, but Elizabeth lifted her hand.

"No. He's not gonna." Elizabeth called, staring in awe. It looked kinda angry, but more hurt than anything else. "He doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him. Those tree things musta hurt him." She backed away for a moment. "What is this?"

Dakes looked at Elizabeth, addled. "I don't know." He replied, in a very curious tone.

"It's a war machine dummy!" Called the Book Imp. "Now, put your weapons down, hand over the weapon you stole, and I'll let you live."

"Huh?" Elizabeth thinks back. The dagger Bane handed her, with the piece of The Blue Spectre in it. She'd never hand it over.
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-10-09 at 07:33 PM.
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah, the plot thickens. How is this going to resolve?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

And the enigmatic Crimson Mage appears.
    Too bad I'm a shorty.
    Oh, well, I'm still dressed up in crimson's!
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a reason he's short, but I'll get to that later. Also, Blue Ghost, pretty much the same thing (more will be revealed later)

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Inspiration!

Spoiler
    Show

X3 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥

Quincunx, you rock like a box of fox socks! ^_^ I think I LAVH you. ♥♥♥
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Quincunx - Very pretty. I liked it.

@ Jesse - Enigmas wrapped in mystery wrapped in plots wrapped in desire for a hand grenade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Tale of Ozaria part 4

New Characters Introduced

Crimmy as The Crimson Mage- A small mage with crimson attire. Though not much is being revealed right now.
    Recaiden as The Old Toymaker- This old woman may be more than she seems.
    Grim Ranger as The Grey Ranger- A mechanical man built for some purpose. Some call him heartless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tale of Ozaria

"Wake up, and see what you truly are." A sweet voice stung Freighters young ears. He peered down and almost screamed. His flesh had become deathly pale.

"What did you do to me?" He roared. The area of the wounds were stitched up, jagged. And the skin around them became a sickly purple. As he yelled, the stitched areas began to seep blood and other various fluids.

"Shhh." The whispered voice felt like acid. "Soon, you'll be fine. Soon, you'll cross over." It wasn't often she had live subjects. Razarra intended to have some fun.

-------------------------

Elizabeth and Dakes escaped the forest with not a scratch on them. "So, they really pick on you everyday!" The monster nodded slowly. "Well, I think that's terrible."

"Well, you seemed to scare them. How'd you do that?" The monster scratched his head.

"Oh, with my gun!" She smiled and waved her M-60 in the air. "Oh, but I suppose I should be conserving ammo. I don't know when I'll be able to stock up again."

"Ammo? Uh, like arrows? Cause I think I might know someone who may be able to make you some arrows probably."

"No, not arrows. Bullets."

"Bolts? Cause he can make arrows, bolts, spears, daggers. Whatever. He just waves his hand and 'poof!', whatever you might need."

"Wait. You know someone who can create ammo out of thin air?"

The monster looked startled. "Um... maybe? I don't know. I think I do know him, but I have no clue who he is. Or her, actually. Ya know, I'm not sure if he was a guy. I don't know. Weird, huh?"

"It's not his fault." laughed a tiny man up in a tree. He wore a large musketeer styled crimson hat with a white feather in it. "After what Razarra did to him, hell, she got a lot of us, but after what she did to him, I'm surprised he's still around."

The figure flipped to the ground. He wore matching crimson robes... and stood only three feet tall. His face was concealed in shadows, and two yellow eyes shone out from beneath his hat. After a moment, he laughed "Dakes, my buddy. How are you?"

"Who are you?" asked Dakes, befuddled.

"You really don't remember me pal. Well, I didn't think you would. But I can say, its your magic that's keeping us here."

Dakes grabbed his head. He had a flash of something.

The crimson man shook his staff at Dakes. "You, my friend. I cannot help you, unless you remember. So good luck. I'll be around." He waved his staff around, then struck the ground, and teleported in a small cloud of dust.

Dakes looked at Elizabeth. "Boy, I don't know what he was talking about." It was mostly true. "It was nothing. I don't know those people, or that little man. That was just a dream or something."

Elizabeth's mind wandered. Then it went back to the crimson mage. "How cute was he! Just jumping around and waving his little stick, and 'poof', he went away." A fair bit of insanity had set in- but calmly. "Boy, this is exactly what I signed up for- seeing new places, meeting new people. I kinda like it here."

"That's good. I like you here. None of the mannequins or marionettes tried to hurt me." He smiled wide. It was kinda creepy.

"Oh." Elizabeth's ears perked up. "Do you hear that? Just up ahead." Dakes listened. He too heard a series of low grunts. Though they were somewhat mechanical.

They drew close to find a hooded man, with dark gray arms, otherwise fully cloaked. In each hand were large scimitars, and before him were several tall and thin creatures. There coloration shades of brown and green. They were very... limber. The weird man spun and swung his blades around, cutting down several of his foes. "Come on, we have to help him!" Called Elizabeth to Dakes.

The man took several hits, and each one clanged against him and otherwise didn't phase him. "He seems to have things taken care of by himself." The man took some more hits, then moved forward and struck again. "Come on, let's go this way. I know a shortcut."

"Shortcut where?" Then, the mechanical man faltered for a moment. Just one step back, making him miss one swing, and then he was up again and fighting. "There! See, he needs help!"

Elizabeth charged forward, pistol drawn, and then as she got closer, put a hot one in the center of one of the tree-things. "Ooh, nice shot! What is that?" Elizabeth didn't answer, but it was a nice shot. The tree thing splintered.

The tree creatures started moving in to the other new foe. But the gray creature smashed them with his heavy blades. But still, some managed to get around him. They drew in close.

Dakes smashed an oncoming treefolk with a mighty paw. Then roared and took on another. And with several well placed shot, Elizabeth picked off several of them, trying to keep a distance.

Then the pistol ran out of ammo. She went to reload, but another tree thing drew closer. She tried to pistol whip it, but it's tough bark skin knocked the gun outta her hand. And she banged her hand up something terrible. Dakes couldn't help either, for he was engaged with a few limber willow like foes.

The tree drew back a large limb, and got ready to clobber Elizabeth. Then a flash leapt behind him, and came down right behind him. As it fell, the creature's limb fell too. Then another blade cut through it's center. The creature fell.

Standing before her was a thin metallic man, his joints clunky and unrefined. His face was oddly scarred, and his eyes glew a deep red.

"Don't hurt her!" Roared Dakes, finishing off the last of his foes. He got ready to pounce, but Elizabeth lifted her hand.

"No. He's not gonna." Elizabeth called, staring in awe. It looked kinda angry, but more hurt than anything else. "He doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him. Those tree things musta hurt him." She backed away for a moment. "What is this?"

Dakes looked at Elizabeth, addled. "I don't know." He replied, in a very curious tone.

"It's a war machine dummy!" Called the Book Imp. "Now, put your weapons down, hand over the weapon you stole, and I'll let you live."

"Huh?" Elizabeth thinks back. The dagger Bane handed her, with the piece of The Blue Spectre in it. She'd never hand it over.
    At last! Muahahahaaa!!!

Good work, Jesse!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Jesse - Enigmas wrapped in mystery wrapped in plots wrapped in desire for a hand grenade.
    Um... Who's the hand grenade for? *Gulps*

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Um... Who's the hand grenade for? *Gulps*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess that it's time for part 3. Here's the links to part 1 and part 2. Now enjoy yourself at a taste of my imagination and writing style. Enjoy!

Cast-
    EleventhHour
    Vulion
    Silverraptor

Spoiler
    Show
    Vulion stood in his office, looking out at the battle through the large window. A deep sadness was weighing down on him as his nation was being ripped apart right in front of him. Just then, someone opened his office door.

Sir! The evacuation copter will be here in 3 minutes.

Thank you, EleventhHour. But it's too late.

What do you mean?

Vulion points off at a clumped part of the enemies army. That is their artillary, and it's almost set up. This building won't be here in 3 minutes.

How did this happen?

I don't know... The two stare as the machines in the distance start to rotate and point in their direction. Vulion tenses while EleventhHour closes her eyes.

Just then, a brilliant flash of Blue Light strikes where the artillary was. A blast of bluish vapor erupts from the impact and Vulion see's that where the artillary was, nothing but red, yellow, and white hot rock and metal was in it's place. What the-?

EleventhHour opens her eye's. What happened?

Vulion turns to look out into the ocean. What he see's in the thick marine layer is the outline of a what looked like a Gigantic Battleship. He would've missed it if it weren't for the fact that the same blue light was appearing in the front section of the ship. Almost immediately, more smaller ships were emerging from the marine layer as the battleship fired the blue light again at another cluster of enemy troops, vaporizing all in the blast radius. It seems that maybe all isn't over just yet...

'We have a confirmed report that the majority of the enemies artillary and SAM's have been destroyed.'

Silverraptor was sitting in the command station of the Battleship. Holographic displays of the geographic area were displayed with accurate units on the field. His right hand was hovering in mid-air, yet there was a Holographic Light blue orb that enclosed around it. As he moved his fingers in determined motions, the orb would change the designs around it and the maps and functions would change. Pretty much, this was his mouse to a computer.

Good. That will make this easier. Deploy the Satocopters.

'Deploying now.' From each of the 14 crusier shaped ships came a dozen helecopter shaped vehicles that took off toward the shore. From the Battle Command that he was in, 30 of these Satocopters took off.

Have the fleet continue bombarding the shore on enemy positions. I want the landing party's to get there unscathed. He was answered as the crusiers began to open fired with similar blue light and was causing destruction where ever it landed.

--------------------

Satocopter 112 was flying in tight formation with those it took off with. With it's artificial intellegence, it scanned the area of every detail. Finally, it discovered a good area to set up one of many squads that were going to be positioned throughout the city.

Breaking formation, it flew low between the 6 story high buildings, following the streets, to it's destination. Upon turning right, it saw that the open area up ahead had 5 enemy tanks in view between the buildings. It launched 5 missles quickly and they sidewinded toward their targets with grim accuracy.

The destruction of the tanks caused the troops around them to panic, running in every direction. Just then, Satocopter 112 emerged into this open area that was enough room for mobility. It swirved backwards to slow it's advance. With many clicks, the satocopter was transforming, many of the joints were moving rapidly to fit together somewhere else. What then stood in it's place was a 2-story humanoid machine. It's left arm had the propellers on it that turned freely for a few seconds. Then the spinning increased as blue electricity started erupting from the center and spread out to the tips. When it was done, a semi-transparent blue energy screen was formed around the propellers.

Then the satocopter noticed that there were 3 tanks that were head of the 5 that it destroyed. All three nearly had the muzzles of their turrets trained on it. The satocopter quickly swung his left arm around and put it between it and the tanks, just as the tanks opened fire. The explosive projectiles hit the blue screen, but only caused a ripple each on the shield. Then emerging from the shield, the satocopter thrust it's right arm forward to reveal instead of a hand, there was a energy cannon. It fired three bursts in rapid succession and all three tanks were engulfed in blue plasma fire, before erupting into an explostion of hot metal.

Then there was the sound of ricocheting off the armored body of the satocopter as the troops on the ground began to open fire. On the satocopter's legs, 4 compartments opened up. From within these compartment popped out a dozen cat sized round capsules. Upon reaching the ground, 8 metallic cords popped out and it landed on top of them. Afterwards, they started to skitter around, spider-like, toward the enemy. From on top, mini-turrets appeared and began firing in quick sequience at the enemy troops, leaving burned out holes in the armor and bodies it hit. However, the enemy learned that these things weren't bullet proof as the spider capsules started breaking apart one by one by the volley of bullets.

The satocopter pointed it's right arm cannon at a cluster of troops and fired. The plasma impacted the enemy, leaving chared bone and melted metal in it's place. The remaining enemy troops began to dive into nearby buildings to avoid the copter fire. The satocopter had orders to not open fire at buildings. It instead sent an update report on what transpired.

------------------

'Our skirmish forces are announcing that they have successfully established cleared zones.'

Hmmm... Silverraptor survay's the holographic map. The battle was going better then expected. So far, none of the satocopters were lost in the first strike.

'Multiple Satocopters are reporting that enemy troops are holed out in numerous buildings. They are unable to get them due to your order on not firing at buildings and they are nearly depleted on spiders.'

Very well. Then this will change our strategy somewhat. We can actually begin assulting the enemy then establish a full defense perimeter. Launch pods to all satocopters who request them.

'Launching now.' And a seires of large objects are propelled from the ships and arc in mid-air, leaving a streak of smoke behind them.

-------------------

Satocopter 112 turned it's ocular lens up to see 4 projectiles arcing towards the clearing. It positioned itself appropriately to avoid any colliding with it. Each pod land with a land crunch as the ground under them dented under the impact. Then with a snap, hatches popped off and emerged ten high-armored soldier machines from each pod. Each machine had visors where there was suppose to be faces and each carried a specific weapon. 5 troops carried energy automatics, 3 had heavier versions, and 2 had high explosive launching devices.

The Metallics quickly rushed toward the doors and openings of the nearby buildings. Ricocheting sparks appeared on their armor, but they had no effect as the metallics fired their energy weapons into the buildings. Then an RPG soared out one of the windows and destroyed one of the metallics. Soon, the last bit of soldiers started using grenades and other explosive devices, destroying 2 more and damaging another, before the last enemy soldier was silenced.

Satocopter relayed the report back to the Battle Command.

-----------------------

'Reports are coming in that enemy forces have been neutralized in the first strike areas. Apparently, troop loss has been minimal.'

Excellent! This is definitely going our way. He looks out on the battlefield wondering why it was so easy. Then the answer came to him! Of course! I don't exist here that's why!

'What's that, sir?'

'The battle is going our way because I don't exist in this universe to begin with since I was assassinated. Therefore, all my technology hasn't been seen before in this world. That's why the Moral Justifiers are having trouble repelling our forces.

'Yes. It seems that that is indeed correct. Landing forces are nearly at the shore.'

Tell them to forget the order of establish a full defensive perimeter. Tell them to meet up with the first strike postions and advance on the front. It's time to repel the Moral Justifiers from this city once and for all!

Ah, man. This scene seemed shorter in my head. But I forgot that explaining something is 4 times longer then visualizing it. So I guess the battle will be put into sections. The next section of the battle will be part 4, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-10-12 at 02:08 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

14. - Top - End - #1034

*hides under the desk*

Alright. So... the artillery exploded. But... ya'know. There's probably other people out there. ...if they don't get killed by the drop-pod type things...
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    *hides under the desk*

Alright. So... the artillery exploded. But... ya'know. There's probably other people out there. ...if they don't get killed by the drop-pod type things...
    The drop pod things were only the skirmish troops. Wait until the rest of the army is fully deployed.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

DOWN WITH CRACK SHIPPING!!! Fight to the last man and woman! Protect the sanctity of reason and logic!

Fight on my brothers and sisters! FIGHT ON!!!
    Last edited by Vulion; 2009-10-13 at 12:53 PM.
    Avatar by me. Coloring by Crimmy.

Come one, come all! My Drawngs! Here!!!

My Deviant Art Page: Turayl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    Man, every time you think 'could this stuff POSSIBLY get any cooler,' Vulion takes yet another level in Badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Thanks Vulion, you're awesome.
    Vulion, Awesome Incarnate, coming to an art request near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Also, I'm surprised this thread hasn't exploded due to over-awesomeness yet Vul.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    DOWN WITH CRACK SHIPPING!!! Fight to the last man and woman! Protect the sanctity of reason and logic!

Fight on my brothers and sisters! FIGHT ON!!!
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    And/or shipped.

Which-ever comes first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

That's all really nice guys, but right now you're at war with the Moral Justifiers.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Only until I nuke both sides from orbit.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Only until I nuke both sides from orbit.
    I'm glad you brought that up. I actually have anti-nuke technology.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up. I actually have anti-nuke technology.
    ...which should blow up just about in 3...2...1...

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    ...which should blow up just about in 3...2...1...
    Keep telling yourself that.

Now I have a little less than 2 hours before my next class. Do I feel motivated enough to write up the next part?

24. - Top - End - #1044

We have ways of...motivating...people...

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    We have ways of...motivating...people...
    Please, enlighten me.

Edit: Oh well, he's off. Guess you guys will have to wait until tomorrow before I post part 4.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-10-13 at 01:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Actually, I don't remember...been out of the game too long, you see. But I remember the olden days, way back when, long long ago...ah yes, those were the days...I think...I forget, you see, but not like back then, the olden days, long long ago...ah yes, I remember it like it was yesterday...

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Actually, I don't remember...been out of the game too long, you see. But I remember the olden days, way back when, long long ago...ah yes, those were the days...I think...I forget, you see, but not like back then, the olden days, long long ago...ah yes, I remember it like it was yesterday...

If your trying to convince me, your doing a rather poor job of it.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Well, I guess that it's time for part 3. Here's the links to part 1 and part 2. Now enjoy yourself at a taste of my imagination and writing style. Enjoy!

Cast-
    EleventhHour
    Vulion
    Silverraptor

Spoiler
    Show
    Vulion stood in his office, looking out at the battle through the large window. A deep sadness was weighing down on him as his nation was being ripped apart right in front of him. Just then, someone opened his office door.

Sir! The evacuation copter will be here in 3 minutes.

Thank you, EleventhHour. But it's too late.

What do you mean?

Vulion points off at a clumped part of the enemies army. That is their artillary, and it's almost set up. This building won't be here in 3 minutes.

How did this happen?

I don't know... The two stare as the machines in the distance start to rotate and point in their direction. Vulion tenses while EleventhHour closes her eyes.

Just then, a brilliant flash of Blue Light strikes where the artillary was. A blast of bluish vapor erupts from the impact and Vulion see's that where the artillary was, nothing but red, yellow, and white hot rock and metal was in it's place. What the-?

EleventhHour opens her eye's. What happened?

Vulion turns to look out into the ocean. What he see's in the thick marine layer is the outline of a what looked like a Gigantic Battleship. He would've missed it if it weren't for the fact that the same blue light was appearing in the front section of the ship. Almost immediately, more smaller ships were emerging from the marine layer as the battleship fired the blue light again at another cluster of enemy troops, vaporizing all in the blast radius. It seems that maybe all isn't over just yet...

'We have a confirmed report that the majority of the enemies artillary and SAM's have been destroyed.'

Silverraptor was sitting in the command station of the Battleship. Holographic displays of the geographic area were displayed with accurate units on the field. His right hand was hovering in mid-air, yet there was a Holographic Light blue orb that enclosed around it. As he moved his fingers in determined motions, the orb would change the designs around it and the maps and functions would change. Pretty much, this was his mouse to a computer.

Good. That will make this easier. Deploy the Satocopters.

'Deploying now.' From each of the 14 crusier shaped ships came a dozen helecopter shaped vehicles that took off toward the shore. From the Battle Command that he was in, 30 of these Satocopters took off.

Have the fleet continue bombarding the shore on enemy positions. I want the landing party's to get there unscathed. He was answered as the crusiers began to open fired with similar blue light and was causing destruction where ever it landed.

--------------------

Satocopter 112 was flying in tight formation with those it took off with. With it's artificial intellegence, it scanned the area of every detail. Finally, it discovered a good area to set up one of many squads that were going to be positioned throughout the city.

Breaking formation, it flew low between the 6 story high buildings, following the streets, to it's destination. Upon turning right, it saw that the open area up ahead had 5 enemy tanks in view between the buildings. It launched 5 missles quickly and they sidewinded toward their targets with grim accuracy.

The destruction of the tanks caused the troops around them to panic, running in every direction. Just then, Satocopter 112 emerged into this open area that was enough room for mobility. It swirved backwards to slow it's advance. With many clicks, the satocopter was transforming, many of the joints were moving rapidly to fit together somewhere else. What then stood in it's place was a 2-story humanoid machine. It's left arm had the propellers on it that turned freely for a few seconds. Then the spinning increased as blue electricity started erupting from the center and spread out to the tips. When it was done, a semi-transparent blue energy screen was formed around the propellers.

Then the satocopter noticed that there were 3 tanks that were head of the 5 that it destroyed. All three nearly had the muzzles of their turrets trained on it. The satocopter quickly swung his left arm around and put it between it and the tanks, just as the tanks opened fire. The explosive projectiles hit the blue screen, but only caused a ripple each on the shield. Then emerging from the shield, the satocopter thrust it's right arm forward to reveal instead of a hand, there was a energy cannon. It fired three bursts in rapid succession and all three tanks were engulfed in blue plasma fire, before erupting into an explostion of hot metal.

Then there was the sound of ricocheting off the armored body of the satocopter as the troops on the ground began to open fire. On the satocopter's legs, 4 compartments opened up. From within these compartment popped out a dozen cat sized round capsules. Upon reaching the ground, 8 metallic cords popped out and it landed on top of them. Afterwards, they started to skitter around, spider-like, toward the enemy. From on top, mini-turrets appeared and began firing in quick sequience at the enemy troops, leaving burned out holes in the armor and bodies it hit. However, the enemy learned that these things weren't bullet proof as the spider capsules started breaking apart one by one by the volley of bullets.

The satocopter pointed it's right arm cannon at a cluster of troops and fired. The plasma impacted the enemy, leaving chared bone and melted metal in it's place. The remaining enemy troops began to dive into nearby buildings to avoid the copter fire. The satocopter had orders to not open fire at buildings. It instead sent an update report on what transpired.

------------------

'Our skirmish forces are announcing that they have successfully established cleared zones.'

Hmmm... Silverraptor survay's the holographic map. The battle was going better then expected. So far, none of the satocopters were lost in the first strike.

'Multiple Satocopters are reporting that enemy troops are holed out in numerous buildings. They are unable to get them due to your order on not firing at buildings and they are nearly depleted on spiders.'

Very well. Then this will change our strategy somewhat. We can actually begin assulting the enemy then establish a full defense perimeter. Launch pods to all satocopters who request them.

'Launching now.' And a seires of large objects are propelled from the ships and arc in mid-air, leaving a streak of smoke behind them.

-------------------

Satocopter 112 turned it's ocular lens up to see 4 projectiles arcing towards the clearing. It positioned itself appropriately to avoid any colliding with it. Each pod land with a land crunch as the ground under them dented under the impact. Then with a snap, hatches popped off and emerged ten high-armored soldier machines from each pod. Each machine had visors where there was suppose to be faces and each carried a specific weapon. 5 troops carried energy automatics, 3 had heavier versions, and 2 had high explosive launching devices.

The Metallics quickly rushed toward the doors and openings of the nearby buildings. Ricocheting sparks appeared on their armor, but they had no effect as the metallics fired their energy weapons into the buildings. Then an RPG soared out one of the windows and destroyed one of the metallics. Soon, the last bit of soldiers started using grenades and other explosive devices, destroying 2 more and damaging another, before the last enemy soldier was silenced.

Satocopter relayed the report back to the Battle Command.

-----------------------

'Reports are coming in that enemy forces have been neutralized in the first strike areas. Apparently, troop loss has been minimal.'

Excellent! This is definitely going our way. He looks out on the battlefield wondering why it was so easy. Then the answer came to him! Of course! I don't exist here that's why!

'What's that, sir?'

'The battle is going our way because I don't exist in this universe to begin with since I was assassinated. Therefore, all my technology hasn't been seen before in this world. That's why the Moral Justifiers are having trouble repelling our forces.

'Yes. It seems that that is indeed correct. Landing forces are nearly at the shore.'

Tell them to forget the order of establish a full defensive perimeter. Tell them to meet up with the first strike postions and advance on the front. It's time to repel the Moral Justifiers from this city once and for all!

Ah, man. This scene seemed shorter in my head. But I forgot that explaining something is 4 times longer then visualizing it. So I guess the battle will be put into sections. The next section of the battle will be part 4, so stay tuned.
    Sorry I didn't notice this before. >.<
    Anyway, this story seems to be getting very interesting, nice work.

29. - Top - End - #1049

They convince you with 'aggressive cuddling' and chainsaws.

Not nessecarily in that order.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    They convince you with 'aggressive cuddling' and chainsaws.

Not nessecarily in that order.
    Chainsaws I can handle. The cuddling, I don't know.