New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...Did I mention that I love you, Phoe? Because I'm pretty sure I love you.
    Uh-oh.

*Quickly restrains*

Run, PhoeKun! RUN!!! Your the one he wants!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Uh-oh.

*Quickly restrains*

Run, PhoeKun! RUN!!! Your the one he wants!
    D: Sorry. I forgot which thread this was. PLATONIC. Purely platonic love.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    D: Sorry. I forgot which thread this was. PLATONIC. Purely platonic love.
    The beauty of platonic love.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #1414

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am a great fan of plutonic love. I mean, sure it isn't technically a planet anymore, but... what? platonic? <.< >.> Nevermind then.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, so here it is. I wrote this instead of studying. So y'all better like it. And I hope it counts as a Ship, because it has some kissing in it.

The nefarious villain, only male of his species, Viera Champion
    Hotshot Jesse (JesseDrake)
    Mordokai the Paladin (Mordokai)
    and Violet (Myself)

Spoiler
    Show

Remind me exactly why we are venturing into the darkest parts of the forest, again? asks the intrepid paladin Morkokai, to his two companions, Violet, and Jesse. The girl rolls her eyes. This is the twelth time he's asked this. He already knows the answer - that they're sneaking into the mutated bunny's territory, to stop them from taking over and destroying the world.

As they passed swarm of trees, something streaked across the side of the path, and the world went black for all three of them. Only Jesse had enough time to glimpse a strange creature - a viera assassin - who had done this.

--------------------------

Hours later, the two males re-opened their eyes, to see that they were in a large cavern, lit by torches. Mordokai glanced over and saw their female companion slumped against a viera. Jesse glanced up and saw a towering Viera, the unheard-of male, standing before them, glaring down at them.

One of the vieras spoke. Sire, we have captured these lowbloods sent to spy on our secrets.

The Champion of Vieras laughed at the look of them. They've sent these three? The humans won't be able to stop me, even with all the armies of Earth! And they send these whelps to stop me? Return them to the surface. They can't do anything.

Jesse had a look of defiance in his eyes. The paladin glanced over at the hotshot, shaking his head. No, don't do that.
    He didn't take his advice. You think I'm a whelp? Jesse filled his mouth with saliva and spit on the male Viera. That is what I think of you and your kind.

The Viera didn't take good to that comment. Rather than letting them go, as he said, he changed his mind. To the dungeon!

---------------------

The cells were spider-infested, dirty, and disgusting. A rotting skeleton lay in the back of the cell. The two males were thrown in one cell, together, and the unconscious Violet lay in the other.
    This is all your fault! yelled the paladin at Jesse. Chill, I'll get us out of here. As soon as I find my lockpi...they took it. he says. What? Now we'll be locked in here while the entire world is destroyed, you, me, and Vio...let. He glances over at the girl whose eyes just fluttered open.

Oh, no. They both got the same idea at the same time. It'll be up to them to repopulate the world, and...you know. That won't work too well between them when there's only one girl. Consequently, they started fighting to see who gets the girl.

Violet sat up and briefly watched...before whistling at the two of them. Hey! Better idea. First one to get us out wins. They both look up. Great idea, they concur.
    At once, Mordokai uses his great Paladin strength to throw Jesse at the bars. They break. They were flimsy bars, anyway. Did he win?

After Jesse finds the keys (Ow, my aching face...) and opens Violet's cell door, she walks up to Mordokai. Congratulations, you win. Here's your trophy. She hands him a rock shaped like a fist. Mordokai looked disappointed. That's all? Oh, all right. A kiss on the cheek.

Jesse, aware that they should still try to stop the world from being destroyed, rolls his eyes and says Come on...no time to lose.

----------------------- (cue tetris music, please)

After a couple hours of wandering aimlessly around the cavern, they notice the male Viera, walking towards a halfway-hidden door. He was talking about the doomsday device. The trio followed him through the doorway.

Quickly, however, they lost sight of him. Due to the large and spacious machine. A large machine that creates Tetris pieces. Mordokai whistles. This is the world-destroying machine? Oh, well. Better destroy it anyway.

Jesse, sorry about your face, you and Vi go find a way to disable the machine. The real men will take care of this evil overlord. Mordokai says. The two ran off to find the 'off' switch, if one existed.

The paladin, due to his face-to-face battling style, yelled Come out and play, dirty Viera!

The Viera, came out around the corner and held up his finger, as if to say 'wait'. He was kissing six female vieras at the same time. However that works.
    Finally, he finished. Oh, you escaped? Good. Now you get to see my machine in action. The other six viera ran off somewhere. The machine started crunching, bleeping, and glowing. Great.
    That's all? asks Mordokai. Then he notices the shadow underneath him...oddly T-shaped...he looks up, and a tetris piece is falling towards him!

The Viera smirks, and nods. Then he jumps up on the falling pieces, drawing a large greatsword, while backflipping from one falling piece to the next. Ready to play?

Mordokai leaped up on the raining blocks. Nice. A fight. The two of them exchanged blows, the paladin occasionally getting a good hit, sometimes getting hit in return.

Meanwhile, with Jesse and Violet...
    Nope, that didn't work. Try again. It didn't work before, it won't work now. Okay...how about you hit it with that big rock over there? What will that do? I don't know. They hit the machine with a large rock. It sputters and shakes. There, you see? It worked.

Back to the fight...
    Mordokai, obviously better skilled with swords, knocked the Viera to the ground. Blocks fell on him. I was so close, too... Mordokai looked smug. And the blocks stopped falling, look at that!

Wait.

The blocks started swirling together, spinning...creating a golem out of Tetris blocks. Oh, no. Mordokai decided this would be a good time to start running.

He ran into Violet and Jesse as they ran out from beside the machine, looking a little sheepish. If we pressed a button that says "Self-destruct", is that...bad... They notice the Tetris Golem, so tall that he could barely fit in the cavern. Oh no...

All three of them started to run. Fortunately, they made it out of the cavern just in time. Right before the place blew up. The world saved, yet again. It shall remain safe in these three's hands, the weekend, when another overlord tries to take over the world.

THE END! (finally!)

-------------------------------

...or is it?

Deep underground, buried beneath cogs, rocks, and tetris blocks, a certain Viera climbs out of the rubble, thirsting for revenge...

So...how was it? My first one!
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Firbolg in the Playground

It was kind of rushed and confused.

But it was very funny. I liked it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1417

Recaiden, stop lying.

It was terrible.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm not lying. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible in my opinion.

Okay:

Too many commas. And the sentence fragments made it harder to read, and the tenses of it were wrong in some points.

It seemed forced and not to have much feeling, but it was a more action based story, so having less focus on the characters isn't necessarily bad. And something about it seemed really casual.

It really was entertaining. If very silly.

But I don't write. What do I know?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-11-17 at 10:38 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    Recaiden, stop lying.

It was terrible.
    On the contrary.

I won't lie to you, from a technical perspective, it did leave something to be desired (case in point: lines like 'The Viera didn't take good (sic) to that comment. Rather than letting him go, as he said, he changed his mind. To the dungeon!' are much better left to the realm of dialogue. A brief sentence describing an annoyed look on the antagonist's face followed by the spoken line, 'To the dungeon!' lets the reader paint the scene more accurately in their head, something usually desired in writing).

With or without technical faults, it's still a piece capable of producing smiles and a chuckle or a giggle or two. This isn't something that can be handwaved away as unimportant: it means the core of your idea reached out and tickled me. If I were to compare the fic to a food, I would call it potato chips. It may not be filling, but it is tasty, and if you handed me another bag, I'd probably not decline.

Don't be discouraged by any perceived shortcomings. You can only improve with practice, so please continue to offer submissions here.

edit: oh, and by the way, I completely adore your screen name.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2009-11-17 at 10:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Dead Air - Escape from Castle Wulfenbach - Part III
    Spoiler
    Show

AHS Eisenfeuer, in flight, destination unknown

Central was not a pristine, perfectly clean operations chamber like it was in some dirigibles in the fleet - quite the contrary; the room had the look and feel of an actual forward command; the chairs were scattered in ways that clearly indicated people used them regularly and adjusted them for comfort, left them sitting crooked as they needed to go to other tasks; papers littered the tables, some neatly stacked, others not even pretending. The air had a hint of ozone; clearly there was a leak in the sealant allowing it to escape from the electric-pneuma generators below the deck.

Commander Magiden Tokoffler fit right in; his outfit, while technically correct and appropriate to his rank and position, carried enough ashen residue and faded stains to demonstrate this was a man who had absolutely no problems getting into the operations of the ship up to his elbows - and then some. He puffed on a disreputable dogend that was probably the rerolled remains of several older half-smoked cigars while looking at a series of messages that had been sent to him from communications. There was a small purple stone next to the pile, glowing serenely; the Commander had no compunctions about using Elven technomancy to supplement good old fashioned human ingenuity - nobody who made it to the rank of Commander could afford to.

As Captain Ward stepped in, he issued a sharp salute, and barked out, "Captain Ward reporting to Central with civilians as requested, Commander."

The Commander set aside the stack of messages, looked to the glowing stone briefly, then turned his attention to the arrivals. "Oh, yes. Sit down Ward. And the rest of you." His gaze fell back to the Captain. "Report, Captain."

"Falkenburg is lost Commander. The reanimates have taken the community. Looters beat them to it though; there was practically nothing left; I was surprised we were able to recover the supply drop without casualties."

The Commander nodded once, took a puff on the much recycled cigar. "Very well. No time to dwell on the disappointments. I'd love nothing more than to give the lot of you some r&r, but we've run into a complication that will require your particular talents.

"This is the fourth assignment running, Commander, Jane Holdt protested as she reworked the action on her rifle, "What could possibly be so important?!"

"A good question," he replied, silently picked up the glowing purple stone and tossed it across the table, to land in front of Lord Eidolon. "Why don't you tell me," he replied inquiringly.

Lord Gho'bariel-st War'kenfa-lock Eidolon regarded the Commandant with disdain as his slender fingers picked up the stone and slotted it into the strange plassteel alloy bracer he wore on his left forearm. The stone flashed a rapid series of varying intensity lights that Eidolon stared at intently. His expression became, if anything, even more severe.

"My apologies Commander. It appears this information is to be distributed strictly on a need to know basis - and furthermore, you have already been sent your flight instructions."

Professor Saul "Curly" Simonsen looked up from the old journal he'd been reading. "Fascinating. What could be so important that the Elves won't talk about it except with High Command? Must be something quite impressive," he concluded. His expression was one of keen interest; not so much in that there was a secret, but in the possibilities of what the secret might entail.

Martin's voice cut into the silence that followed the professor's words. "So, where are we headed then, Commander."

The Commander paused, then recited a set of coordinates.

Captain Mordak Ward swore. "That's in the heart of one of the red zones, Commander."

The professor, on the other hand, lit up like a child at Christmas. "It's far more than that, Captain. That's barely a click away from ... Castle Wulfenbach; practically the birthplace of human advanced thermohydraulic study!"

"And with any luck we won't have to go anywhere near the place," Martin added, his features twisted into a distasteful scowl.

"What's so bad about a ruined castle? We've been through several over the last few months," Jane inquired as she disassembled the barrel for a proper cleaning.

"You've never been to this castle. I have."

"It's not like we can't handle packs of zombies."

"No, you won't have to worry about zombies at all," Martin remarked cryptically.

tbc
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #1421

@Viola- you made me evil. What? Oh well I can see me being the player part though. other than that. Great story! I didn't notice any technical problems. Granted I was looking for them but thats not the point! Really though I liked it.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    Okay, so here it is. I wrote this instead of studying. So y'all better like it. And I hope it counts as a Ship, because it has some kissing in it.

The nefarious villain, only male of his species, Viera Champion
    Hotshot Jesse (JesseDrake)
    Mordokai the Paladin (Mordokai)
    and Violet (Myself)

Spoiler
    Show

Remind me exactly why we are venturing into the darkest parts of the forest, again? asks the intrepid paladin Morkokai, to his two companions, Violet, and Jesse. The girl rolls her eyes. This is the twelth time he's asked this. He already knows the answer - that they're sneaking into the mutated bunny's territory, to stop them from taking over and destroying the world.

As they passed swarm of trees, something streaked across the side of the path, and the world went black for all three of them. Only Jesse had enough time to glimpse a strange creature - a viera assassin - who had done this.

--------------------------

Hours later, the two males re-opened their eyes, to see that they were in a large cavern, lit by torches. Mordokai glanced over and saw their female companion slumped against a viera. Jesse glanced up and saw a towering Viera, the unheard-of male, standing before them, glaring down at them.

One of the vieras spoke. Sire, we have captured these lowbloods sent to spy on our secrets.

The Champion of Vieras laughed at the look of them. They've sent these three? The humans won't be able to stop me, even with all the armies of Earth! And they send these whelps to stop me? Return them to the surface. They can't do anything.

Jesse had a look of defiance in his eyes. The paladin glanced over at the hotshot, shaking his head. No, don't do that.
    He didn't take his advice. You think I'm a whelp? Jesse filled his mouth with saliva and spit on the male Viera. That is what I think of you and your kind.

The Viera didn't take good to that comment. Rather than letting them go, as he said, he changed his mind. To the dungeon!

---------------------

The cells were spider-infested, dirty, and disgusting. A rotting skeleton lay in the back of the cell. The two males were thrown in one cell, together, and the unconscious Violet lay in the other.
    This is all your fault! yelled the paladin at Jesse. Chill, I'll get us out of here. As soon as I find my lockpi...they took it. he says. What? Now we'll be locked in here while the entire world is destroyed, you, me, and Vio...let. He glances over at the girl whose eyes just fluttered open.

Oh, no. They both got the same idea at the same time. It'll be up to them to repopulate the world, and...you know. That won't work too well between them when there's only one girl. Consequently, they started fighting to see who gets the girl.

Violet sat up and briefly watched...before whistling at the two of them. Hey! Better idea. First one to get us out wins. They both look up. Great idea, they concur.
    At once, Mordokai uses his great Paladin strength to throw Jesse at the bars. They break. They were flimsy bars, anyway. Did he win?

After Jesse finds the keys (Ow, my aching face...) and opens Violet's cell door, she walks up to Mordokai. Congratulations, you win. Here's your trophy. She hands him a rock shaped like a fist. Mordokai looked disappointed. That's all? Oh, all right. A kiss on the cheek.

Jesse, aware that they should still try to stop the world from being destroyed, rolls his eyes and says Come on...no time to lose.

----------------------- (cue tetris music, please)

After a couple hours of wandering aimlessly around the cavern, they notice the male Viera, walking towards a halfway-hidden door. He was talking about the doomsday device. The trio followed him through the doorway.

Quickly, however, they lost sight of him. Due to the large and spacious machine. A large machine that creates Tetris pieces. Mordokai whistles. This is the world-destroying machine? Oh, well. Better destroy it anyway.

Jesse, sorry about your face, you and Vi go find a way to disable the machine. The real men will take care of this evil overlord. Mordokai says. The two ran off to find the 'off' switch, if one existed.

The paladin, due to his face-to-face battling style, yelled Come out and play, dirty Viera!

The Viera, came out around the corner and held up his finger, as if to say 'wait'. He was kissing six female vieras at the same time. However that works.
    Finally, he finished. Oh, you escaped? Good. Now you get to see my machine in action. The other six viera ran off somewhere. The machine started crunching, bleeping, and glowing. Great.
    That's all? asks Mordokai. Then he notices the shadow underneath him...oddly T-shaped...he looks up, and a tetris piece is falling towards him!

The Viera smirks, and nods. Then he jumps up on the falling pieces, drawing a large greatsword, while backflipping from one falling piece to the next. Ready to play?

Mordokai leaped up on the raining blocks. Nice. A fight. The two of them exchanged blows, the paladin occasionally getting a good hit, sometimes getting hit in return.

Meanwhile, with Jesse and Violet...
    Nope, that didn't work. Try again. It didn't work before, it won't work now. Okay...how about you hit it with that big rock over there? What will that do? I don't know. They hit the machine with a large rock. It sputters and shakes. There, you see? It worked.

Back to the fight...
    Mordokai, obviously better skilled with swords, knocked the Viera to the ground. Blocks fell on him. I was so close, too... Mordokai looked smug. And the blocks stopped falling, look at that!

Wait.

The blocks started swirling together, spinning...creating a golem out of Tetris blocks. Oh, no. Mordokai decided this would be a good time to start running.

He ran into Violet and Jesse as they ran out from beside the machine, looking a little sheepish. If we pressed a button that says "Self-destruct", is that...bad... They notice the Tetris Golem, so tall that he could barely fit in the cavern. Oh no...

All three of them started to run. Fortunately, they made it out of the cavern just in time. Right before the place blew up. The world saved, yet again. It shall remain safe in these three's hands, the weekend, when another overlord tries to take over the world.

THE END! (finally!)

-------------------------------

...or is it?

Deep underground, buried beneath cogs, rocks, and tetris blocks, a certain Viera climbs out of the rubble, thirsting for revenge...

So...how was it? My first one!
    I liked it. While I agree with Recaiden and Phoekun, especially the potato chip analogy, I've only got one thing to complain about... Why did they take my lock pick and not his greatsword?

Edit- Okay, a little further, you captured my character well, in real life roleplaying, and this is a fact, 2/3 of all fights are caused by me. It's the fact I don't play characters who take shipst from anyone.

Mordokai... yep, I'm sure he'd call me a lady and take charge if he could.

But the best part was the Tetris golem. I did not see that coming.
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-11-18 at 09:02 AM.
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423

Cute ship. Not Helgraf's. Hel's ships are many things, but cute is not one. No, Violet, even through the grammar issues, it made me grin. Well done, first-timer!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

It was a good first time ship Je dit Viola. I'm still fairly new to the shipping thing myself. Just take a look at my continuous story. (Though I know people read it, I don't know how cool sounding and well done it really is.)

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Viola It was a good first effort, I look forward to seeing how repeated stories develop you as a writer.

That is always my favorite part of shipping.

16. - Top - End - #1426

WolfInSheepsClothing

Another Day at the Office
    Starring: Twobit, Rabbit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room was hot and the air was clammy and suffocating. Twobit sat in his chair, fingers pounding away listlessly on his keyboard. Somewhere a few cubicals down somebody coughed. It was the most interesting thing that had happened all day. Time was slowing down it seemed, threatening to set like cooling molasses, trapping the office and everyone within in a permanent stasis. Twobit blinked slowly and his typing came to a stop. The words and numbers on his computer screen sat there like the piling up bodies of dead insects, swatted with his keystrokes. He blinked a few more times but the words failed to regain their meaning. With a groan he pushed his chair back and stared up at the ceiling tiles. Every day the same thing. His life was slowly being eaten, second by second. His pocket vibrated and he jumped in his chair. Reaching into it, he pulled out his cell phone. It buzzed softly, begging him to open it. Flipping it open, he looked at the number and tried to recognize it. With an exasperated sigh he hit the connect button and held it to his ear.

Hello?

Look alive, Twobit. Wake up and get ready to run.

The voice was unfamiliar to him. He held the phone at arm's length and looked at the number again. Holding the phone to his head again, he leaned forward in his seat.

Um... do I know you?

No, but you have always longed to know me. Now, get on your feet. I'm not joking, you are going to want to get moving.

Very funny. Is this somebody from security?

He waved to the security camera hanging from the corner and flipped the security fellows a California Hello.

I got work to do, so why don't you go back to watching your daytime soaps and-

Do I sound like a bored security officer with nothing better to do that screw with a middle accounting nobody? One more time Twobit, this will be far easier if you are on your feet and ready to run.

Twobit scowled and rose to his feet, glancing over the cubical walls in an attempt to see if the prankster was somebody in his office.

There. Now, you have ten seconds. I suggest you start making your way to the far wall and into Bill's office. He's out for the week but the door is unlocked. Five seconds Twobit. Move!

Hey, I don't know who you are, but I want some-

And then the elevator doors exploded inwards in a shower of sparks and smoke. Startled screams filled the office as Twobits coworkers got to their feet and peered out of their cubicals like prairie dogs looking out of their burrows. Twobit held the phone to his ear absently and watched the elevator door with a twisted discomfort in his stomach. A single red point of light shown through the smoke, turning slowly across the opening before going out. Without warning, a sleek shaped lunged from the elevator shaft, landing on an overweight balding man by the name of Ted who had gone to investigate. It looked like a cougar, only bigger and made of overlapping steel plates. The creature looked at Ted with burning red eyes, then turned its gaze across the office. Ted screamed and wheezed in panic, right up to the moment the mechanical feline stepped on his face with its clawed foot, crushing the pour soul and silencing him with a gruesome crunch. Screams filled the air as the beast turned its sole attention on Twobit, a growl rising in its throat. Twobit's mouth hung open and he turned to run for the back corner office as the machine leaped after him, plowing through cubicals and desks and hapless desk jockeys. Twobit dove into the office, locking the door behind him and backing into the room.

Twobit? Twobit! Listen to me! You have to get out of there. I'll talk you through it, but you have to trust me!

What the hell is that thing?!

The door shuddered and inch long metal claws ripped through it and started to tear long gouges.

That is a hunter. Are you ready to get out of there?

Yes! Yes! What do I do?

The last window to the left is unlocked, Twobit. Open it and jump when I tell you to.

Twobit ran to the window and slide it open. He looked down at the streets far bellow and wavered.

On my mark, Twobit. Don't hesitate.

I can't...

You must. Now! Jump!

Twobit closed his eyes and threw himself from the open window. At that very moment the door to the office gave and the hunter sprang into the room. It's claws swiped the air behind Twobit and it watched him fall away from the building before turning and stalking back into the office.

Twobit screamed as he fell away, closing his eyes tight and clinging to his phone as if it would somehow save him from the inevitable impact below. The howling wind prevented him from hearing it comming and he almost didn't notice the sudden change around him. Something impacted him from the side and he felt it wrap around his chest. Slowly he opened his eyes and found himself looking down as the streets below raced by under his dangling feet. A sturdy pair of arms was wrapped around him and he slowly glanced up. The arms belonged to a stunning young woman whose stern face was directed ahead of them. She had on a helmet whose face mask was tinted and prevented Twobit from seeing her eyes. Looking around as best he could without risking wriggling from her grip, Twobit saw that she was flying with the use of a rocket pack of some kind, its short stiff wings strapped to her back and somehow providing lift and flight control. Looking back up at the woman, Twobit swallowed hard. She turned her attention down at him, the shift in angle causing her visor to become transparent for him so he could see her vivid eyes. She grinned wide at him.

Who are you? What's going on?

Codename: Mad Hatter. And you, my dear Twobit, just joined the Resistance.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Another Day at the Office
    Starring: Twobit, Rabbit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room was hot and the air was clammy and suffocating. Twobit sat in his chair, fingers pounding away listlessly on his keyboard. Somewhere a few cubicals down somebody coughed. It was the most interesting thing that had happened all day. Time was slowing down it seemed, threatening to set like cooling molasses, trapping the office and everyone within in a permanent stasis. Twobit blinked slowly and his typing came to a stop. The words and numbers on his computer screen sat there like the piling up bodies of dead insects, swatted with his keystrokes. He blinked a few more times but the words failed to regain their meaning. With a groan he pushed his chair back and stared up at the ceiling tiles. Every day the same thing. His life was slowly being eaten, second by second. His pocket vibrated and he jumped in his chair. Reaching into it, he pulled out his cell phone. It buzzed softly, begging him to open it. Flipping it open, he looked at the number and tried to recognize it. With an exasperated sigh he hit the connect button and held it to his ear.

Hello?

Look alive, Twobit. Wake up and get ready to run.

The voice was unfamiliar to him. He held the phone at arm's length and looked at the number again. Holding the phone to his head again, he leaned forward in his seat.

Um... do I know you?

No, but you have always longed to know me. Now, get on your feet. I'm not joking, you are going to want to get moving.

Very funny. Is this somebody from security?

He waved to the security camera hanging from the corner and flipped the security fellows a California Hello.

I got work to do, so why don't you go back to watching your daytime soaps and-

Do I sound like a bored security officer with nothing better to do that screw with a middle accounting nobody? One more time Twobit, this will be far easier if you are on your feet and ready to run.

Twobit scowled and rose to his feet, glancing over the cubical walls in an attempt to see if the prankster was somebody in his office.

There. Now, you have ten seconds. I suggest you start making your way to the far wall and into Bill's office. He's out for the week but the door is unlocked. Five seconds Twobit. Move!

Hey, I don't know who you are, but I want some-

And then the elevator doors exploded inwards in a shower of sparks and smoke. Startled screams filled the office as Twobits coworkers got to their feet and peered out of their cubicals like prairie dogs looking out of their burrows. Twobit held the phone to his ear absently and watched the elevator door with a twisted discomfort in his stomach. A single red point of light shown through the smoke, turning slowly across the opening before going out. Without warning, a sleek shaped lunged from the elevator shaft, landing on an overweight balding man by the name of Ted who had gone to investigate. It looked like a cougar, only bigger and made of overlapping steel plates. The creature looked at Ted with burning red eyes, then turned its gaze across the office. Ted screamed and wheezed in panic, right up to the moment the mechanical feline stepped on his face with its clawed foot, crushing the pour soul and silencing him with a gruesome crunch. Screams filled the air as the beast turned its sole attention on Twobit, a growl rising in its throat. Twobit's mouth hung open and he turned to run for the back corner office as the machine leaped after him, plowing through cubicals and desks and hapless desk jockeys. Twobit dove into the office, locking the door behind him and backing into the room.

Twobit? Twobit! Listen to me! You have to get out of there. I'll talk you through it, but you have to trust me!

What the hell is that thing?!

The door shuddered and inch long metal claws ripped through it and started to tear long gouges.

That is a hunter. Are you ready to get out of there?

Yes! Yes! What do I do?

The last window to the left is unlocked, Twobit. Open it and jump when I tell you to.

Twobit ran to the window and slide it open. He looked down at the streets far bellow and wavered.

On my mark, Twobit. Don't hesitate.

I can't...

You must. Now! Jump!

Twobit closed his eyes and threw himself from the open window. At that very moment the door to the office gave and the hunter sprang into the room. It's claws swiped the air behind Twobit and it watched him fall away from the building before turning and stalking back into the office.

Twobit screamed as he fell away, closing his eyes tight and clinging to his phone as if it would somehow save him from the inevitable impact below. The howling wind prevented him from hearing it comming and he almost didn't notice the sudden change around him. Something impacted him from the side and he felt it wrap around his chest. Slowly he opened his eyes and found himself looking down as the streets below raced by under his dangling feet. A sturdy pair of arms was wrapped around him and he slowly glanced up. The arms belonged to a stunning young woman whose stern face was directed ahead of them. She had on a helmet whose face mask was tinted and prevented Twobit from seeing her eyes. Looking around as best he could without risking wriggling from her grip, Twobit saw that she was flying with the use of a rocket pack of some kind, its short stiff wings strapped to her back and somehow providing lift and flight control. Looking back up at the woman, Twobit swallowed hard. She turned her attention down at him, the shift in angle causing her visor to become transparent for him so he could see her vivid eyes. She grinned wide at him.

Who are you? What's going on?

Codename: Mad Hatter. And you, my dear Twobit, just joined the Resistance.
    Hehe, freaking awesome, Jacklu.

18. - Top - End - #1428

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Hehe, freaking awesome, Jacklu.
    Thanks. ^_^ Feel free to return the favor sometime.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. ^_^ Feel free to return the favor sometime.
    Wanna be an evil, cruel, badass Bandito?

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Jacklu - Jetpacks make everything sexier.
    Robot cat killers do too.
    Hush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

For Reinholdt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt stretched luxuriously with a contented purr before he sat up and rubbed the sleepy bleariness from his eyes. Clarity rushed to his mind as he looked around and failed to recognize the room. In a fit of panic, he jumped up and scurried under the bed.

He timidly pushed his head out to take stock of the room. Morning light streamed in through the window. Mustering his courage, he ran across the room and hopped up onto the windowsill, basking in the sunbeam. His eyes drifted closed once more.

A click from the door brought him out of his reverie. As the door inched open, he glanced down at himself. His fur was a mess. He hurried back to his hiding place underneath the bed and hurriedly began grooming himself. As he did so, the door came fully open. All Reinholdt could see from his vantage point was a silver pair of legs and feet that clanked quietly as they strode into the room. They paused, and with a quiet whir a hand and forearm appeared, placing yellow dishes on the ground near a door that apparently led to a closet. The limb disappeared once more with another quiet sound of metal gears, and the legs returned to the door, which closed with another click.

Reinholdt waited another moment to be sure the silver thing was gone, then cautiously poked his head out and padded over to the bowls. One contained a mixture that his nose identified as tuna and salmon, with a hint of something else as well. The other held milk. He ravenously dug into them.

His meal complete, and with a lethargic feeling spreading throughout his body, he turned to the bed. His tired legs stumbled as he walked across the room. He leapt up, fell short, and tumbled to the ground, legs failing to support him as he landed so that he came down in an ungraceful heap of fur. He lay there, vision glazing over, until he stopped breathing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vulion sighed as he turned from the screen to face Magtok. “My lord, I have a feeling that perhaps cats aren’t the best subjects for these kinds of escape experiments. Maybe we should look into something else for your next line of supersoldier cyborgs.”

“Nonsense! That was only number five thousand nine hundred twenty-four. Get the next clone ready.”

“Sir, with all due respect, none of them have even made it out the door…”

“Which only proves that we need to do more tests!”
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Mangosta, that was funny.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-11-18 at 04:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Ooohh you guys! I have an idea! If you don't wanna have to make me a male viera than you can use my town character. You know Eldena. The viera red Mage. Well there is a link to her character profile in my sig if you want.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1434

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Wanna be an evil, cruel, badass Bandito?
    Sure! Hit me!

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Sure! Hit me!
    *Punch*

Wait... Not that kind of hitting? Woops, sorry.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    For Reinholdt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt stretched luxuriously with a contented purr before he sat up and rubbed the sleepy bleariness from his eyes. Clarity rushed to his mind as he looked around and failed to recognize the room. In a fit of panic, he jumped up and scurried under the bed.

He timidly pushed his head out to take stock of the room. Morning light streamed in through the window. Mustering his courage, he ran across the room and hopped up onto the windowsill, basking in the sunbeam. His eyes drifted closed once more.

A click from the door brought him out of his reverie. As the door inched open, he glanced down at himself. His fur was a mess. He hurried back to his hiding place underneath the bed and hurriedly began grooming himself. As he did so, the door came fully open. All Reinholdt could see from his vantage point was a silver pair of legs and feet that clanked quietly as they strode into the room. They paused, and with a quiet whir a hand and forearm appeared, placing yellow dishes on the ground near a door that apparently led to a closet. The limb disappeared once more with another quiet sound of metal gears, and the legs returned to the door, which closed with another click.

Reinholdt waited another moment to be sure the silver thing was gone, then cautiously poked his head out and padded over to the bowls. One contained a mixture that his nose identified as tuna and salmon, with a hint of something else as well. The other held milk. He ravenously dug into them.

His meal complete, and with a lethargic feeling spreading throughout his body, he turned to the bed. His tired legs stumbled as he walked across the room. He leapt up, fell short, and tumbled to the ground, legs failing to support him as he landed so that he came down in an ungraceful heap of fur. He lay there, vision glazing over, until he stopped breathing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vulion sighed as he turned from the screen to face Magtok. “My lord, I have a feeling that perhaps cats aren’t the best subjects for these kinds of escape experiments. Maybe we should look into something else for your next line of supersoldier cyborgs.”

“Nonsense! That was only number five thousand nine hundred twenty-four. Get the next clone ready.”

“Sir, with all due respect, none of them have even made it out the door…”

“Which only proves that we need to do more tests!”
    Not that type of robot cat killer!
    >>
    <<
    Still. It was morbidly funny. I want to huggle the poor cat and laugh at it at the same time.
    Wait... that's me I'm laughing at!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #1437

Hahaha! I thought it was funny, Reinholdt. I don't know what you're talking about.

So, I have an idea for whenever I'm going to write one next. It's a kinda sad story, though.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

What is it?

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    What is it?
    Clearly it's about a suicidal kitten.
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Clearly it's about a suicidal kitten.
    I was talking to Je dit Viola.