New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider-man 3

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Spider-man 3

I saw a preveiw for it when watching Superman Returns. Will you see it? Is Venom your favorite villian of all time? What are you certain will be awsome?

Discuss. :D
    Hoseki is a woman with a plan.
    Doll Hoseki by Sneak:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Spider-man 3

Ermmm, I believe Sandman is to be the villian in #3, or are they introducing both?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

we've discussed this in random banter.

also They are introducing the symbot in this, so it might not be venom till next movie.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I do think that Venom will be one with Spiderman in this one, with him becoming a major villain later. The one thing I could have asked for when it came to Venom was that they at least got a little more creative with how it looked when it infested Spidey. I mean come on, it's the exact same suit, only black. I'm not asking them to make it the same as in the comics and stuff, just a little more creative than what they have.

As for the villain, I don't actually remember sandman, but I do remember seeing a pumpkin bomb in the previews, which brings me to think of the Hobgoblin. I've been waiting for him since after the first movie.

Edit: Just did a check on the Wiki entry for Sandman, and I actually don't remember him. It's not just me being forgetful. . .
    Edit Again: I see! Sandman wasn't in the 90's cartoon, which is where I get all my spidey knowledge from. That explains it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man I gots to see 3! I'm sure Parker's friend (forget his name) will take up the mantle as the goblin (hob, green, whatever). Although I think that breaks with the story a bit. Just my thought - no proof or spoiler here. And yeah, pretty sure Venom is not in this one. I think in the comic books that Parker gets the symbiot first. Then the symbiot transforms into Venom... or something like that. Plus that would be just too much at once. It also looks like Parker has a new romatic interest in the preview. Some blonde. Anyone know the story on her?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't know about the blond chick but here's the dealio with the symbiote. Basically what happens he bonds with Spidey and makes a black costume that looks exactly like the normal one. Spidey eventually manages to reject it and it attaches to Eddie Brock and eventually changes to Venom. (which is what you're prolly thinking of as the cooler costume)

Also Harry isn't the hobgoblin he's the Green Goblin. Hobgoblin is a common crook who finds the equipment somewhere. What will happen if they're following the comic books is Harry Green Goblin gets sent to an insane asylum (if I remember correctly) and his father who isn't really dead comes back as the goblin.......course also one of Peter's girlfriends was killed so they may skip that entirely
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman
    Don't know about the blond chick but here's the dealio with the symbiote. Basically what happens he bonds with Spidey and makes a black costume that looks exactly like the normal one. Spidey eventually manages to reject it and it attaches to Eddie Brock and eventually changes to Venom. (which is what you're prolly thinking of as the cooler costume)
    In the comics, Spider-Man's black costume did not look "exactly like the normal one".

Spidey's black costume = Venom's costume without the teeth and drool.

Side note: Harry will likely become the "HOB"goblin in the movies. He didn't in 616, but he did in Ultimate Spider-Man, so it has a precedent. It'd make following his arc easier for the general public too. At least I think it would.

It also looks like Parker has a new romatic interest in the preview. Some blonde. Anyone know the story on her?

Gwen Stacy. In the comics, Peter Parker's first (arguably greatest) love, murdered by the Green Goblin and possibly Spider-Man's greatest failure.

Spider-Man 1 referenced this aspect of the comics by having the Green Goblin threatening Mary Jane on a bridge. "Bridge scenes" crop up a lot in Spidey lore... they're heavily overused actually.

In fact, most the Spidey media that isn't the comics replaces Gwen with Mary Jane, has her threatened on the bridge and then saved by Spider-Man. Unlike Gwen, which is one of his biggest failures as a super-hero, and something for which he may even be indirectly responsible for.

Depending on the sources, Gwen either died of shock pretty early, or Spidey broke her neck when he caught her with his webbing, due to the whiplash effect. The latter explanation has been phased out now I think - though its interesting that *ever since then*, Spidey has swung down to save falling victims, rather than catching them with his webbing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwen_Stacy

Possible Film Spoiler:

Since Kirsten Dunst is reputedly not too keen on reprising the Mary Jane role, speculation is that the Gwen/Mary fates have been switched in the film series, and that MJ's going to bite the dust. Letting Gwen step in.

I hope so, the character deserves to survive in at least *one* medium.
    I hate quotations. Tell me what you know - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. - Top - End - #8

I apoligize for my mistake but also I belive (from wiki or something) that costume came from battle world or something so ergo it'll be different in the movie unless they do that whole story
    Ceikatar
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueKnightGuy

I apoligize for my mistake but also I belive (from wiki or something) that costume came from battle world or something so ergo it'll be different in the movie unless they do that whole story
    Well, it doesn't have to be different to the movie. It can look identical and have a different origin. I mean, Spider-Man's costume is pretty constant across every medium, yet the way in which he obtains it is never exactly the same.

- Sews it together himself
    - Given it by the wrestling promoter
    - Can't think of any more

The costume in the Ultimate Universe was an "anti cancer treatment" thing, not an alien entity - yet it still looked identical to the alien one from 616 (original Marvel Continuity).

I think it's likely that it *will* look different in the movie though, yeah.

10. - Top - End - #10

It is clear I'm in front of the master *bows* I may be familiar but you clearly have greater familiarity and know the place well. HAIL THE SPIDEY MASTER!
    Ceikatar
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

11. - Top - End - #11

BlueKnightGuy

It is clear I'm in front of the master *bows* I may be familiar but you clearly have greater familiarity and know the place well. HAIL THE SPIDEY MASTER!
    Heh, thanks but I'm not. There are people here far, FAR more knowledgeable about comics than me. There's a whole board devoted to comics after all.

Though it could be called the "Versus" forum now... ;)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, see, I reckon Harry will be the Green Goblin. He turned into the Hobgoblin in Ultimate, but remember what the Goblins were then.
    Besides, the Hobgoblin is usually orange, yet Harry in the trailer is shownw earing a black costume with green bits.

And I am of course going to see this, just as I'm going to see Fantastic 4 2, whatever new X Men movies come out, and Gost Rider. 'Cos I am Marvel's bitch. :P
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Spiderman was not my favorite comic but if I remember right the black costume came from the secret wars. Spiderman and other heros like some x-men, advengers, fantastic four and some bad guys liike Doom and ultron were transported to this far away world to battle out and see who would win by a being called the beyonder. Also Galactus was taken too. Any way each side found high tech bases and setup camp to figure out what was going on. In the good guys base was a tube holding a black pudding like thing suspended in liquid, cant remember but I think Spiderman accidently broke it and it got on him. He found that it would allow him to shoot webs which was a good thing since the comic spiderman used a special formula to make the web and devices to shoot them the fluid out and he was all out of fluid with no resources to make more. It also enhanced his already increased strength and agility but he found out it was a living parasite and was starting to influence his thinking (found this out after he got back to earth)

In the movie it will be very hard to show the secret war and be way to confusing for non comic book fans but Mary Jane's fience in the second movie is a astronaught, wonder if he is going to be bringing something back from his next trip into space?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Crispy
    Spiderman was not my favorite comic but if I remember right the black costume came from the secret wars. Spiderman and other heros like some x-men, advengers, fantastic four and some bad guys liike Doom and ultron were transported to this far away world to battle out and see who would win by a being called the beyonder. Also Galactus was taken too. Any way each side found high tech bases and setup camp to figure out what was going on. In the good guys base was a tube holding a black pudding like thing suspended in liquid, cant remember but I think Spiderman accidently broke it and it got on him. He found that it would allow him to shoot webs which was a good thing since the comic spiderman used a special formula to make the web and devices to shoot them the fluid out and he was all out of fluid with no resources to make more. It also enhanced his already increased strength and agility but he found out it was a living parasite and was starting to influence his thinking (found this out after he got back to earth)

In the movie it will be very hard to show the secret war and be way to confusing for non comic book fans but Mary Jane's fience in the second movie is a astronaught, wonder if he is going to be bringing something back from his next trip into space?
    Well, that was one of the animated series' origin of the symbiote.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

I noticed two interesting things from the IMDb regarding Spiderman 3:
    Number 1
    Scroll down to the cast overview and it lists Green Goblin, Sandman and Venom. Gwen Stacy is also confirmed in as well as MJ so one may bite the dust.

Also, the Full Cast Listings don't show Aunt May! What is more interesting, however, is that about a month ago the IMDb had her listed as Aunt May/Carnage. Scary stuff.

Also, I'm having trouble viewing the Spiderman 3 teaser. Whenever I start it, instead of the film appearing it instead shows an image of a quicktime symbol on a piece of ripped film roll. Any help with that please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    Congratulations! You leveled up in awesome!
    [Avatar by Ink] [Sig Doll by Kyace]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred
    Also, I'm having trouble viewing the Spiderman 3 teaser. Whenever I start it, instead of the film appearing it instead shows an image of a quicktime symbol on a piece of ripped film roll. Any help with that please?
    You probably need to update to the newest version of QuickTime.

As for Venom, I expect that Pete will end up getting the symbiont removed by the end of the movie, and it will end up bonding with Eddie Brock. So Venom will be in the movie, but probably not until right at the end.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Aunt May/Carnage was somebody messing around.
    But don't worry, she is in it.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Waiting on this movie is going to kill me. I loved the first two, and even better, Topher Grace (Eric from that 70's show) is going to be in this one. I love him. So far, it seems to be shaping up to be a magnificent movie.
    Puritan Humor
    Two men walk into a bar.
    They go to hell.

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar, Lord of Koalas
    Aunt May/Carnage was somebody messing around.
    But don't worry, she is in it.
    Bleedin 'ell... You've just made me imagine the weirdest Carnage-possessed villian ever...

Would it be "May-Carnage", or "Aunt Carnage"? "Carmayge" even?

(Oh, how I remember Spider-Carnage... silly ol Ben Reilly.)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

Carnage seems to get around a lot.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon

You probably need to update to the newest version of QuickTime.

As for Venom, I expect that Pete will end up getting the symbiont removed by the end of the movie, and it will end up bonding with Eddie Brock. So Venom will be in the movie, but probably not until right at the end.
    Ok, thanks, I've managed to watch the trailer now - very cool! Also, who thinks Peter will finally tell Aunt May he's Spiderman? I mean, both Harry and MJ know so should we expect the same from Aunt May this time round?

22. - Top - End - #22

This is slightly off topic, but when I was reading Wiki to find out exactly what the difference is between the Green Goblin and the Hobgoblin, I had a thought. Someone has probably thought of it before me, though.

Do you think that Rich's color choice for his goblins and hobgoblins in OotS is related to the colors for the Green Goblin and the Hobgoblin, respectively? Or is there some other source that says goblins should be green and hobgoblins should be orange?

Edit: 100 posts already?? I talk too much!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins are slightly dark green skinned in the Monster Manual and Hobgoblins are a tan of orange also in the Monster Manual, so I think the Giant is sticking to the races' normal colour schemes.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Is Carnage going to actually be in this movie? he was always my fav spiderman supervillan, and i want to see what they can do with him, but since they are doing venom first, i expact i'll have to wait until the next movie *sigh*

Also, who here thinks that sandman deserves his own movie, and shouldn't be crammed in with GGII and the symbiote?

edit: bad grmmar
    Cekiatar

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Crispy

The second one was in an animated series and its probably going to happen.

As for the Secret Wars one, Spidey got it when they took over the Villains Base. His cloths were ripped and he saw thor and the hulk coming out of the room, Thor with some new clothes (he had used most of his to appear to be disintegrated by Ultron). Hulk told him there was a machine you thought into and it would produce any kind of clothing you want. Spidey used the wrong machine and a little black orb appeared. When he picked it up it covered his costume. At the time he though the way the costume appeared was due to him being subconiously influenced by Spider-Woman's Costume.
    Advantages of the Costume included it responding to his thoughts and infinte webs.

*closes his copy of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars*

26. - Top - End - #26

Every one I know will be seeing the movie, seeing as how our local band is in several scenes. Go High school band!
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

27. - Top - End - #27

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred
    Also, who thinks Peter will finally tell Aunt May he's Spiderman?
    I think she already knows. The "there's a hero in all of us" speech from Spider-man 2 strongly implies that she has figured it out on her own. Clever old broad.

Also, the movie black costume is slightly different. Look at the emblem, for instance. It's a much scarier and evil looking spider now. I quite like it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aunt May in the 2nd movie not only figured out who Spiderman was, but she also saved him when he was trying to save her from Doc Oc. Not bad for a woman in her golden years eh?

Ok, hitting Doc upside the head with her cane might not be saving, but it was still awesome.
    "Yes, I am shaking in my omnipotent boots at their new outfits. I am helpless against the powers of fashion."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

It was an umbrella.
    I notice those little things.
    Nothing but a Nobody

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Orrmundur
    Also, the movie black costume is slightly different. Look at the emblem, for instance. It's a much scarier and evil looking spider now. I quite like it.
    Yeah, the emblem is different. The one on the back appears to be quite different, large and far more menacing as it were.