New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Raistlin cast

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Raistlin cast

The voice of Raistlin in the coming Dragonlance movie is done by Kiefer Sutherland.
    As long as he remembers his Lost Boys days and drops the 24 thing, this could work, I think.

Comments?

Edit: Language...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Raistlin casted

Only that it is Raistlin cast.
    casted is not a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here is an odd errant thought...

Wouldn't Donald Sutherland make a fairly good Fistandantilus? (assuming Christopher Lee is unavailable)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Charity
    Only that it is Raistlin cast.
    casted is not a word.
    Sorry. Spellcasting is hard.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Raistlin cast

Nay worries matey.
    I just thought you'd like it spelt correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Darn. I was pinning my hopes on Christopher Walken. ;D

As long as he doesn't go overboard with the rasp...
    Remember when I had an avatar?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sutherland eh? This movie just might be better than I thought it was going to be.

Just pray they don't give too much emphasis on *important* characters such as Tanis and Raistlin and leave poor Goldmoon and Riverwind in the dust eh?
    "Yes, I am shaking in my omnipotent boots at their new outfits. I am helpless against the powers of fashion."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

See as the actress they have playing Goldmoon seem to think she is an American I won't be to worried if she is in the background I only reay care that Tas, Flint, Tanis, and Caramon are done well(In that order).
    [Image removed - animated]

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    the actress they have playing Goldmoon
    Not going to mention her name then?

Lucy Lawless let teh cat out of the bag in an interview. Apparently, she tried many other ways of playing the character and realised what they were asking her to do. They just wanted her to do Xena again...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Voiced? Its animated? DRAGONLANCE MOVIE!!!!????

How come I'm only hearing about this now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wow, I was Waiting for this, when is it coming out?
    Church: "Thanks for the support Griff, way to be a team player"
    Griff: "Hey I gotta think about myself here"
    Church: "There's no 'I' in team Griff"
    Griff: "Yeah, well there's no 'u' either, so I guess if I'm not on the team, and your not on the team, nobodies on the god damn team! The team sucks!"
    -Red vs Blue episode 42

12. - Top - End - #12

I think animation was always going to be the best answer. No, hear me out...

Think of how you picture Raistlin. I doubt any of you would complain about Larry Elmore's interpretation, even if it is not precisely what you were thinking. How many actors do you know who look like that? How about Elmore's Goldmoon?

Animation means getting precisely the look you want and then getting the voice separately. For example, one actor played Megatron in Transformers, Uni in the D&D cartoon, Elminster in Baldur's gate (game) and Nibbler in futurama. Minsc in Baldur's gate was Winnie the Pooh!

And being the rabid fan-boys/girls that most of us are, we would complain about the look of Keifer Sutherland playing a 24 year-old mage but if he has the voice right...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Good point, Prince. The illustrations in the early modules and books had a fairly consistent look (I prefer to think of Diana Magnusson's work there as something that didn't concern me).

Oh, and a link to the official site: http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

14. - Top - End - #14

That isn't the official one, that is the rumours site that has been going for ages now.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

It hasn't been the official site for very long, no, but now it is.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm looking foward to the Movie...cautiously... :-/

I can remeber when the 1st 3 Dragonlance books came out ...one....book...at-a-time.... AND I HAD TO WAIT!!! Ahhhh!!!...I still have flashbacks to those days of tortured anticipation, sorry.

Prince of Cats wrote:
    Think of how you picture Raistlin. I doubt any of you would complain about Larry Elmore's interpretation, even if it is not precisely what you were thinking. How many actors do you know who look like that? How about Elmore's Goldmoon?
    It's going to be interesting to see how they chose to animate the characters. After all, Elmore created the look for Dragonlance on the covers. Parkinson, Caldwell, and Easley also contributed great images, but Elmore probably produced the most, color and ink work for Dragonlance.

I think if they can keep the storyline intact and give carefull attention to the animation of the movie, then we might get a decent D&D movie.

The story is great, the books have proven it by their popularity. Let's just hope they can tell it just as well in the movie format.

Oh, and one other thing...Don't listen the music at the website, it is not what it should be...sorry if this sounds harsh. It may make folks think that the people making the movie aren't very serious about trying to make a quality movie.

Unfortunately, now you're going to listen to it, so don't say I didn't warn you

Dragons: color-coded for YOUR convenience!

and

Always remember: It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
    as long as you look really cool doing it!

Paladin
    Detect Evil 1st, Smite 2nd, Ask Questions later.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds interesting...I wasn't even aware there was a movie to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Cats
    Animation means getting precisely the look you want and then getting the voice separately. For example, one actor played Megatron in Transformers, Uni in the D&D cartoon, Elminster in Baldur's gate (game) and Nibbler in futurama. Minsc in Baldur's gate was Winnie the Pooh!
    Heh, there are always those strange things abounding. Animation does really help keep a character unique rather than just an actor, methinks. Look at Spongebob Squarepant's employer Mr. Krabs! He's also famous for the role of Career Sergeant Drill Instructor Zim! You'd never connect those two because their personalities are so different and you can't see the face behind Mr. Krabs. I love animation for that reason...

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

See as the actress they have playing Goldmoon seem to think she is an American I won't be to worried if she is in the background
    You know, everywhere I look where people are discussing the movie, this bit comes up. Oh, no! Lucy Lawless thinks Goldmoon in a Native American! Red flag, RED FLAG!

Seriously, what possible difference does it make what the voice actors think? Lawless could think Goldmoon is the priestess of Mystra and that the 'dragonlance' is a lance that dragons use to fight off humans. Why would that have any effect on the story? All she does is provided a voice.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM

You know, everywhere I look where people are discussing the movie, this bit comes up. Oh, no! Lucy Lawless thinks Goldmoon in a Native American! Red flag, RED FLAG!

Seriously, what possible difference does it make what the voice actors think? Lawless could think Goldmoon is the priestess of Mystra and that the 'dragonlance' is a lance that dragons use to fight off humans. Why would that have any effect on the story? All she does is provided a voice.
    You are quite wrong, my friend. It's called a vocal performance for a reason. A lot of the character comes through in the voice, especially in animation. And depending on how they do things, the voice could end up influencing the animators.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Kiefer Southerland? Seriously? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    I am sad now. There is no emoticon that could express this emotion. It is like you own every puppy and kitten in the world and Chuck Norris is your best friend but they all die. Horribly. And kill your girlfriend in the process. I guess I just don't like the thought of HIM doing the voice of my alltime favourite character ever. I will mourn for Raistlin when I can bring myself to do it. :'(
    http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Jonathan%20Allan&&&&http://www.planetadnd.com/3Eprofiler/view.php?id=2810&&&&[quote author=Oskar and The Orange Zergling link=board=media;num=1154942947;start=30#35 date=08/09/06 at 18:06:23][\"OMFG TEH NINJAZZZZ TEHY DO TEH FLIPZORZZZZZ\" [/quote]&&