New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Shipwrecked 1752

OOC: Did you kill all of us, or...

Also, I don't think the boy from the grudge should THAT threatening. Oooo, I can hiss and meow like a cat, how startling! /joking
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-02 at 07:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Freddy

Waking up, Freddy goes out so tee if he can find any small streams of running water formed by the rain. He is careful not to slip on any wet rocks.

"Gonna look for food and water. Someone get that fire going and some sticks I can cook things on."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Rick is sweating a little.

Right, right. I've got some gunpowder that might just do the trick with that fire.

With care, he places a pinch of powder from his horn onto a strip of wood. With an engineer's expertise, he lowers the log so that a single ember will spark the reaction...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rick

Rick manages to start a fire. However, you'll need something dry to burn or the fire will go out quite quickly.

Freddy

Freddy starts looking for water, edible plants and sticks. He collects some edible (if not particularly delicious) weeds, shoots from shrubs, roots and flower buds. Some of the plant parts are edible raw, while some of them have to be boiled before eating. He also finds water on leaves in shrubs and other plants. Sticks, however cannot be found since there are no trees around.

While collecting edible plants, Freddy thinks he can hear something... a bell ringing? The sound is very faint and he cannot be sure if he's just imagining it.

Freddy notices that the body of the bird creature is no longer where he took it.

OOC: Naturally, you're going to need a pot or kettle to make a soup.

5. - Top - End - #155

Kayode

The dream had shaken him.

And looking around at the situation, it seemed reality was harsher than any dream he could imagine. The sunlight was the only reassuring aspect.

I see neither the lady nor the captain have returned during the night. Now that the weather has cleared, I think we should try to look for them.

I feel hesitant to suggest this, but perhaps we should find a better place to camp for tomorrow night.

If it was possible for the dark skinned man to look pale, then he did this morning. Maybe, if he had gotten better rest during the night, he may have been able to put more energy into his facade of calmness...

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

*Waking up growing*

...I head really hoped not to spend another night like that.

*Looking over at Kayode*

This cave actually does well. We'll need to explore it of course.

*slowing standing up*

We're going to need food and firewood soon.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #157

Will speaks: "Should we split into two groups, then? I'll join those who'll go looking for Cap and Annabelle. There's no way in hell I'm going deeper into the cave, who knows what's waiting for us there..."

Will's stomach groans loudly.

"Oh bugger, I'm really hungry. Have you found anything to eat? *looking at his pistol* I wonder if there are any normal animals here except those damn seagulls..."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Rick House

Rick tears off a portion of his shirt to throw in, and then desperately searches for some bushes to fuel the fire he's begun. He then blows on it for as long as his eyes can take watering.

I'll venture into the cave if it'll save me from sunburns, he half heartedly chuckled.

Rick hated sunburns.

Oh, and you didn't eat any of my berries did you Will? Perhaps you could use some.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-03 at 11:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

There should be plenty of driftwood on the beach.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    Michael

There should be plenty of driftwood on the beach.

Well, go and get some then, will you?

Rick is oblivious to whether or not this request might be irritating in any way.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

Because it will take at least two of us? I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly good at climbing with my hands full.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

Because it will take at least two of us? I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly good at climbing with my hands full.
    Rick thinks for a moment, putting a finger to his lips.

Tsk. Ah, of course. Let's go to it then.

The momentary success with the fire has brightened Rick's mood somewhat, despite the dream and everything else.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-03 at 11:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Freddy

He knows he'll need something to cook the plants into to make a soup but he'll worry about that when he needs to. He pauses hearing the bell and looks around to see if he can spot the source of the noise. He sets the plants, berries, and tinder he found inbetween two rocks so its wedged there and won't easilly be blown or washed away. Pulling out his knife he carefully makes is way in the direction he thinks the bell sound came from.

14. - Top - End - #164

Michael and Rick

Using rope and other items suited for the task, you manage to collect driftwood and lift it up from the beach and carry it to the cave. You estimate that you have enough firewood for eight hours now.

The task involved climbing, lifting and carrying and there were only two of you, so you're pretty exhausted.

Freddy

Freddy thinks the bell sound came from the north. He walks a few dozen yards to the north, his knife in hand, but cannot see anything that could have made the sound.

As he returns to the campsite, he notices that Michael and Rick have collected sticks and firewood and you have a fire. Rick has all the ingredients needed for a soup.

OOC: But do you have a pot or kettle, or anything you can use?

15. - Top - End - #165

Kayode

Kayode nods to Will.

I believe that it would be best that we have a small group look for the others.

He turns to look at Lord MacDonnell.

Would you like to help us as well?

Having formed their search party, the three set out to find the two missing people.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I am going to assume the lord MacDonnell would help since his player has quit the game.

Also, I am really nervous for my character since he is about to spend an entire day with NPCs looking for other NPCs.

But seriously, what is the worst that can happen?

16. - Top - End - #166

Kayode

Will nods. "Alright I'll go with you."

Lord McDonnell also agrees to join you. "The ground is quite hard here and it has been raining all night long, but I may be able to track them if we're lucky. Let's go."

Will and Kayode follow close behind as Robert tries to find footprints or something else that would indicate which way the missing persons went.

After thirty minutes, Robert stops.

"I'm pretty sure they went northwest from here," Robert says. A heavy fog is hanging in the air near the center of the island, and if you continued farther, it would be impossible to continue tracking.

Code:
    __???????##______
    ___??????_##_____
    ____?????__#_____
    _____?????____##_
    __###?????___#.#_
    _#\|/.????__#|/#_
    _#-^-..???##\^#__
    _#-^-..??..-^\#__
    _#/|\....../|#___
    _#..#.....*.#____
    __##_#...*..#____
    _____#.....#_____
    _____,##..#______
    ______,,###______

OOC: Hahaha. In horror movies when the only black guy wanders off with supporting characters, there's nothing to worry about, right? By the way, Kayode doesn't have a spear at the moment, just four spear heads.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Freddy

Freddy spends some time searching for something like a pot that he could make a stew in. He heads towards the beaches. Maybe soemthing got washed up on the shore. Hopefully he can find some cups and maybe spoons too, if he gets really lucky.

18. - Top - End - #168

Kayode

Looking into the fog, Kayode paused.

If we do not continue we may not be able to catch up to them. I know it will be hard to track them though. But if this is the direction they were last heading then we should follow.

Kayode then looks around for any trees or vegetation with long thin branches while taking out his knife.

Perhaps we should be prepared for the worst.

At the very least, the knife would be his weapon for any weird and dangerous creatures if he could not find any suitable spear shafts.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

He indeed has no spears and only four spear heads. And he is the only leading character walking into the fog...poor guy.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Banned

Rick House

Rick throws some wood onto the fire of which he neglects to bother checking, with the assumption that it is still burning.

Oh christ! Haven't had a climb like that in too short ago... He peers outwards to the surf again, hands resting upon his knees, and muttering, ... looks like.

Hey! He shouts to Freddy. I could um... help with that too! and then whispering, I suppose...

Man alive, it feels like I haven't contributed to any physical group effort in a while. Or any sport for that matter... ah, the books, always the books it was. This was the first time he'd really helped anyone in a while. It made him feel airy.

He began to clamor down the rocks once more (using the ropes), hopeful that if Freddy didn't hear him, he'd see him.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-05 at 05:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

Ok, we've got wood for a fire tonight. Now we need food and some protection. Ideas gentleman?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

Rick House

Giving up on trying to get Freddy's attention and sighing inwardly, Rick turns around and answers Mike's question,
    I brought some berries and things for a soup. Rick begins to set to work on that, all the while mentioning, Oh and I just recalled that animal fat burns quite well too, say, so perhaps we should be on the lookout for that in the near future.

22. - Top - End - #172

Kayode, Will and Robert

Kayode sees no trees or other plants with long branches. The only plants growing on this rocky island seem to be shrubs and grasses.

The fog has a slightly sulphuric smell to it, and the air temperature seems to rise a little as you venture deeper into the fog-covered part of the island. A few dozen yards later, you notice a crater of about twenty yards in diameter to your left. The crater seems to be the source of the fog and heat.

Everyone else

You find a ceramic pot to make the soup in. Berries, roots, and other edible plant parts... probably not the most delicious dish you've had but better than nothing.

OOC: You have no eating utensils or plates, bowls or other vessels suited for eating the soup from, but you can fashion wooden spoons from pieces of wood with a knife, of course.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Rick House

As the soup cooks, Rick sets to work fashioning spoons with a knife from every branch he finds, throwing away those that don't do justice. The process takes an agonizing amount of time and so Rick eventually resigns to putting his lips to the rim of the bowl and drinking his share of soup in that manner.

Later on, he sets to work on the branches once more, attempting to carve spoons among other things he plans to carve, with practice.

Looks like I've found myself a new hobby. He sighed.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

*shaking his head*

Well, it's food. I'm not going to mention what it tastes like, but I will say this: I've had worse.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

Well, it's food. I'm not going to mention what it tastes like, but I will say this: I've had worse.
    Rick wretches his face at that comment since he's been holding back from expressing any weakness about the meal until now, "I'd like to know when exactly?"
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-08 at 01:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

*looking down a moment*

Austria. Back when I was in the 21st.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

"Were you perhaps invading the dutch netherlands at the time? What meal could be so bad that you remembered that in and among whatever else you'd been forced to remember?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ali did not do much that day. He mainly slept and did some cave wandering. He sat silently eating the soup and then said Tomorrow we should start early and go off exploring the island and see what the other side is. Or look around the cave to see if it goes somewhere.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bangaa Cannoneer Avatar by Miss Nobody
    Big Avatar
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Banned

Rick House

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Or look around the cave to see if it goes somewhere.[/COLOR]
    I would carefully advise against that. His voice trembled ever so slightly as he said this.

Rick seemed content to practise his carving and learn about the others.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-09-08 at 09:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Freddy

Returns having apparently found nothing on the beach, he grabs his nose upon smelling the soup.

"If you had waited I could have made something reasonably identifiable as food. Man, who amde this?"

Without even waiting he sets down some of the berries and plants he had gathered earlier and smells each, briefly tasting a few to test thema dn then adding to the soup until its smelled reasonably good.