Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Bleachitp Episode 22: Shirubaru vs Abishai - The Showdown

While Abishai is distracted by the heavy bits of motorbike spinning lethally towards him, Shirubaru shunpo's. Suddenly Cecilia is gone, and Shirubaru turns to face Abishai - a silhouette set against a backdrop of the flaming, burning trees, Cecilia's limp form draped over his shoulder.

Tercera, says Shirubaru. Looks like I have one last job to do before I die after all.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Bleachitp Episode 22: Shirubaru vs Abishai - The Showdown

Abishai turned, suddenly appearing to shift, reverting to his sealed form. His sword suddenly blazed to life at his side, and the grin on face was almost impossibly huge, only physical limits could stop it from growing wider

"Shiru....kun. Oh how I missed you. Would you....would you like to hear...all I went through...to see you again?"

Abishai is suddenly in front of Shirubaru, his jagged blade arcing towards him

"Do you...SHIRU-KUN!?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-08-06 at 08:27 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3

Zombie

Shirubaru spins away from the oncoming blade, Cecilia still over one shoulder, and grabs the top of the blade with his free arm as it swings past him, throwing it down to stick in the ground.

If we're going to try and outbid each other on the suffering front I'm afraid you've been outdone, says Shirubaru calmly, shunpo-ing away again and setting Cecilia down. But why not. What's happened?

Shirubaru's Shield arm glows blue and he holds it over Cecilia. A shimmering blue dome forms over her still body.

Sword arm attacks, Shield arm defends,
    Shirubaru mutters. The Shield absorbed the Sokyuko and the Sword shot it out. And now the Shield arm has done... whatever this is. To protect Cecilia. Interesting. I wonder if my Sword arm has any other properties like that.

Shiru turns to face Abishai again. Don't mind me. Do go on.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Abishai continues his assult, undetered, his mouth leaking spit as he drools, his eyes blazing with hate

"I fell in love. Love, love love love love love!!!! How I hate it...that woman, I hear its voice in my head...I feel its arms moving mine...I hate you Shirubaru, for subjecting me to this. Do you know? Do you know what it was like....all this time here? The month I had to stay away from Toho-sama. I cried so much! SHIRU-KUN!!!"

Abishai suddenly disappears, a cero blasting towards him

"She was tender to me, and loved me no matter what I was. How can you feel rage at that? You made me weak! SHE MADE ME WEAK! I thought i'd killed you...was so happy..SO HAPPY!!!!!!! But your alive, a sword that dosn't kill is not a strong sword, Toho-sama...said I did good but did I?! ANSWER ME YOU $&!#!!! How is your suffering worse then mine?! HOW!!!!!! YOU TELL ME YOU SON OF A @*^#!!!! YOU MADE ME LOSE MYSELF!!!!!!!! But i'll get it back when I devour you...I will. When I wear your body like a suit, they will love me...and I will take over that damn man's spot. They will call me The Segunda! They will have to respect me, and Toho-sama will love me more! He will shower me with praise...and I will serve him untill I am no longer needed. For a sword is not needed in times of peace. But first you need to die. Shiru-kun"
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5

Zombie

Shirubaru reaches up and his Shield-arm catches the Cero, absorbing it effortlessly. The harsh red light of the Cero trickles up the patterns on his arm, flashes through his empty socket, storms down the Sword arm and shoots back at Abishai's former position.

It misses entirely, blowing a swathe of fiery trees into sawdust and burning splinters.

Seems to only work against ranged attacks, mutters Shirubaru. The attack is absorbed, and comes out the other side about ten times more powerful but wildly inaccurate.

Shirubaru looks around for the vanished Abishai. You fell in love? With someone who actually loved you back? I'd have thought even a Hollow would never be crazy enough to care for somebody like you.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Abishai appears behind Shirubaru, trying to bite his shoulder with his jaws, when its deflected with the Shield Arm, he sonido's back, his sword leveled with Shirubaru

"It was Taniko. I saw her naked. Hot chick. Can't want to do it again."
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

Shirubaru winces as if Abishai had punched him.

What? Ew. No, seriously, eww eeurgh ack. That's wrong. Don't even joke about that. A glorified Hollow and a Shinigami Captain? You wish, but no-one's that depraved. Except you, apparently. Now be serious, will you? Who was it?

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Abishai gives the most winning smile

"It was Taniko. I am very handsome, with a cute ass, so she says. When I get serious and go into my Segunda Etapa you'll see. Or not, your probably not into men, take my word for it. I have a cute ass. Only got to sleep with her once, and let that damn Iwai have his way, so I got to watch. But whoooooo was it hot. She's a minx, let me tell you. Totally surprised the hell out of me. She might even be up for doing it on your corpse. I know it'd get me in the mood."
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

This is Shirubaru's face.

That's revolting and you're lying. I can't bring myself to believe you.

And aren't you meant to be trying to convince me you've been suffering? You aren't doing well. I've seen everything I've spent my whole life building destroyed on the senile whim of an old sod who used to be friends with my master. I've seen myself turned into a villain. I've had the greatest enemy I've ever known, the man who scares me most, forced into my head. I've had my soul tainted by his presence. I've seen the 11th Squad, which I've worked my whole life into turning from blood-crazed berserkers into warriors of honour, had their reputation I built so carefully destroyed, thanks to my own actions. Oh, and you ripped my arms and half my face off.

You? You had sex. Apparently. Big whoop.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-08-06 at 06:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

"Boo hoo. You expect me to care about your suffering? I have always hated you. Since the minute you ripped my arm off, my feelings for you have been noting but loathing. You made me look weak before Toho-sama. You made me look weak in front of the Espada. You drove me down a path...and these voices they won't stop because...because of you!!! Iwai was a persona...to find that which Toho-sama wanted. What did I find?! You were still alive, the man who cemented me as Toho-sama's sword alive...I...will never forgive you."

Abishai is back on the attack, his sword forgotten as he rakes at the Vizard with his bare hands

"I want to feel your blood, taste it on my lips...feel in on my skin. I want to bathe in your sorrow and frolic through your bones. I want you to suffer more Snake, because when i'm done glutting myself on your tears. All you'll have left to remember is how pathetic you always were."
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #11

Zombie

Shirubaru is knocked backwards, claws raking over his skin, tearing away strips of his flesh and soaking the ground beneath his feet in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "Snake."
    As Shirubaru hears that one word, the grinning, crazed Abishai is replaced by an image of a self-satisfied Academy student named Shisuke Daikano, who had called Shiru exactly the same thing, back when Shiru was a student, time and time again.

Back then Shiru had cracked, and beaten the kid into the ground. And looking back, he can feel the old rage stirring again.

He draws back his Sword Arm. A series of white Hollow-bone spikes shzink out, all up the arm, until the entire arm resembles nothing less than Renji's Shikai.

And then Shirubaru leaps back and punches at Abishai's face, the spiked arm extending beyond its natural reach, shooting forward with deadly force.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Abishai is sent flying, landing against the broken tree not moments ago the young woman lay. He picked himself up, brushing himself off, his nose bleeding. More laughter gushed from his mouth

"Snake snake snake, so thats your trigger word. Cobra, asp, python, garder. Snake all of them, just like you. Do you remember when I ripped your arms off? Made you look like one?"
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #13

Zombie

Shirubaru shakes his head. He hadn't let something as stupid as a petty insult get to him that badly for... a long time.

Was he slipping?

The long, spiked arm retracts, and Shirubaru settles into a ready pose.

Interesting thing about us snakes.

We strike fast as hell.

Shunpo, and Shirubaru is up a few inches from Abishai's face, aiming for a swift punch to the stomach.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Abishai grabs Shirubaru by the face, slamming his own against the larger man's

"Remember this? CERO OSCURAS!!!"

Abishai opened his mouth wide, a massive black beam leaping from his jaw
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #15

Zombie

Shirubaru's eyes open wide. No time to block. Damn, this guy moved quick.

Time for a matrix dodge. Shirubaru arches his back and curves backwards, letting the Cero pass harmlessly over his face. Well, that was the plan. He didn't plan on the sheer force of the Cero also shattering his mask en route.

As the shards of mask explode away, Shirubaru slumps back and immediately rolls aside as Abishai's foot crashes down on where he had been lying moments before.

Oh s***, Shirubaru says, his voice losing that edge of power. Abokku. I kind of need you now.

Again. No reply from Abokku. But Cecilia speaks up, apparently having recovered somewhat.

I could help you right now if you hadn't trapped me in this dome... thing. How the hell do I get out?

I have no idea! I had my mask on for, what, a couple of minutes? I don't know how my powers work yet! Just stay there! You'll be safe!

Shunpo, and Shirubaru is running between the burning trees, shunpo-ing like crazy to try and lose Abishai long enough for Abokku to et its arse in gear.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Abishai appeared before the sphere, licking the outside of it for a moment

"Your going to be the dessert. Sweetie."

And with that. Abishai gives chase, not attempting to catch the man he hated so much, only to get him to a better location to fight. Shirubaru will note that the burned trees have become massive lances, arching through the air at him.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #17

Zombie

Flaming trees crash down around Shirubaru, exploding into shrapnel and glowing splinters, as he barely dodges out of the way of each one, panting hard and sweat pouring down his face in the heat of the flames.

Mask shattered, but arms and lower jaw still here... he mutters as he leaps over a crashing, burning tree that smashes down before him and rolls beneath his jumping feet. ...Argh, dammit, Shiru, not the time to be making notes!

He hits the ground and rolls, getting to his feet and continuing to run, shunpo-ing in a zigzag pattern, Abishai's laughter echoing in his ears and trees shattering and collapsing all around him. It was like something from a strange and horrific nightmare.

Shirubaru stumbles into a clearing, and is surprised to find Cecilia, under her dome.

Wha- what?

You've run in a big stupid circle, you lump! shouts Cecilia angrily. He's been herding you back here! Look at you! You're meant to be the Kenpachi and you're running like a helpless child! For gods' sake, turn and do what you do best! Turn and fight!

Shirubaru stumbles over to her, collapsing and coughing from smoke inhalation.

If I had Abokku... but... he's left me... And I can't activate Aiko's sword... I don't know the right command...

No wonder Abokku hasn't appeared to you! shouts Cecilia. You're not being you! The guy who leapt here on a freaking motorbike propelled by the power of ten million exploding Zanpakutous! That was Shirubaru Reishiro! Not this helpless guy running for his - her eyes widen, looking over Shirubaru's shoulder - look out!
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-08-06 at 08:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

"Stop ignoring me. Gran Rey Cero"

The sky crackled as the area glowed blue, a massive blast leaping from the hollow hole on Abishai's hand. He leapt down, cracking his knuckles
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19

Zombie

Shirubaru half-turns, raises his Shield arm into the air to catch the oncoming Cero...

And gets caught right in the massive explosion. Cecilia is unharmed in her dome, but Shiru gets caught, despite a last-minute attempted Shunpo that showed some very quick reflexes.

Despite that, he's hurled away, into a burning tree, which collapses backwards beneath the force of his impact and leaves him lying in the midst of burning branches.

...So the arms' powers don't work without the mask. Gotcha.

Shrugging the flame-wreathed branches away from himself, he stands up, covered in burns, blood, and scorch marks. He is also grinning madly.

Hey, you're right, Cecilia. I really should stop running and start acting like a f***ing Shinigami. There's a Hollow here that needs to be purified. I'm the man who's here to do it. Basic. Lesson One. No complications.

He holds out one hand. All I need is one willing Zanpakutou, and I can start to enjoy myself. get lost in the moment. One last spin before I die.

How's that sound, Abokku?

There's a surge of power, and with a swirl of reishi, a long, thin katana appears in Shirubaru's hand, a serpentine copper model entwined around the blade.

Good.

Shirubaru whips Abokku up, pointing the tip towards Abishai.

I don't care who you are. I don't care that you're an Espada, or the Tercera, or that ginger bastard Toho's sword. All I see before me is a Hollow. And as a Shinigami, well...

Shunpo. Shiru is vaulting over Abishai, face pointing down, eyes meeting the Espada's, sword swinging for Abishai's face.

I can't ignore that, can I?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Abishai moves his head to the side, taking the cut along his shoulder, grinning as Shirubaru lands behind him

"Your not even a seated Shinigami. I am the Tercera. And you will not speak of my Toho-sama like that....ever....again."

Abishai launched himself at Shirubaru, his sword clanging against the shinigami's, causing sparks to fly into the air with each swing.

"What can you do without your little weapon Snake? Can you beat me? Who are you fooling. Yourself only...I am the master here. You will die like the rest of the Shinigami i've eaten. And then i'll be cleansed. Didn't you know? That your friends in Soul Society are trying to make it so we are turned further into Shimigami? I still hold out hope that Taniko will want to become a hollow, that would be much better. My two loves in the same place. I can still feel her skin on my tongue..."

Abishai shivers heavily, spinning and kicking Shirubaru in the chest, a momentary break in their struggle over the blasted plains.

"Taste her sweat...feel her warmth. Do you know what its like to be wanted? Of course not. Your whole world hates you. How amusing. Your just like me, just like me Shiru-kun. A murderer and a lunatic."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #21

Zombie

The kick hurls Shirubaru back into Cecilia's protective blue dome. He slides backwards over the top of it, rolls head over heels, and collapses on the other side, breathing hard.

Shiru... I think he's being serious about Taniko-san...

I can't think about that now.

He struggles to get to his feet, but retches up blood and stays where he is, shuddering. He looks up at the approaching Abishai and then down at Cecilia.

Shirub-

Time freeze, and the entire world goes black and white. Cecilia is frozen mid-word, her mouth shaped in an O. Abishai is also frozen. Even the flames all around them are still as statues.

And then the serpentine figure of Abokku comes slithering through the time-stopped world, which breaks around him like mist.

Abokku... says Shirubaru. I don't know if I can -

Calmly, smoothly, Abishai reaches down, picks Shirubaru up, and punches him in the face, still holding him up with his other fist.

Shiru stares. What -?

Another punch interrupts him. Blood leaking from his nostrils, he stares at Abokku, looking bewildered.

A month, snarls Abokku. A whole freaking month I served as your mouth, your arms! I poured sake down your freaking throat! The freaking indignity! And then what? You abandon me. It's like you in the Academy all over again. I kept shouting at you, but you didn't hear a freakin' word. What the hell, Shiru?

...I was the one not hearing you? I thought you were ignoring me because of what I'd done.

That's because you're a freakin' idiot. You really thought I'd abandon you? Get a freakin' clue. You didn't want help. You were too busy trapped in your own miserable world, huddling inside your self-pity and stupid misery like it was a safety blanket when there were more important things to do. LIKE KILLING ESPADA.

Now get up. Get back in that fight. Kick some arse. Come up with a suitably good retort. The old you would have been loving this. The banter and the violence, and all for the good of Soul Society. Get the hell up and start having fun.

Abokku drops Shiru back down into the dirt. And don't worry about Raithe, he adds. Ever wonder why he stopped yelling at you? It's because I forcibly reminded him of how he died the first time round.

With that, Abokku vanishes. The world returns to colour, but it still seems as though everything is briefly in slow motion.

-baaarrrruuuuu,,,, aaaaarrrre yyyy -

Impossibly slowly, Shirubaru raises his sword in the air. Time abruptly clicks back into place.

-ou okay?

Rear your head and - ahh, hell, do I even need to say the whole thing at this point? Let's kick some arse, Abokku.

The snake disentangles itself from around the blade of the sword, grows, and curls around Shiru's torso. Shiru flips to his feet, swaying to and fro and staring at Abishai with a grin stretched so tightly across his face it looked almost wrong.

What was that you said? Murderer and lunatic?

Tut, tut, Tercera. Did you really think I would be insulted or unnerved by that? Of course I'm a murderer and a lunatic.

Abokku opens its mouth and aims a huge red laser-blast towards Abishai. It appears to miss, arcing past the side of his head.

It hits the burning tree behind Abishai. Which, slowly, begins to topple down towards Abishai's head. Shunpo. Shirubaru hooks his foot under the falling tree and kicks it high into the air.

Shunpo again. Shirubaru is now above the tree, which is spinning in the air. He spins around and delivers a reverse kick which sends the tree powering back down towards Abishai, like a flaming arrow trailing smoke.

If Abishai destroys/dodges the tree, he will find Shirubaru coming up directly behind it like a missile, Abokku held ready to swing.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-08-07 at 04:07 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Abishai smirked, grabbing the tree as it came down with his bare hands, trying to swing it back up to Shirubaru, only to find the man on top of him, one kick, two kick, red kick, blue kick. The force of the blows kicking up dirt and ash, the ground literally caving under the strikes. For an instant, the air goes still, and suddenly Shirubaru is blasted back by a rather powerful cero. A single blood staind hand appears on the side of the crater as the battered and bruised Abishai drags himself out to ground level, smirking

"Good. GOOD! MY TURN!!!!!!!!!SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAKE! EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATER!!!!!!!!!!!"

Abishai is then gone, appearing next to Shirubaru. The image is cleaved in two, another appearing at his other side. It to is destroyed. And then from below, the ground goes black. The air goes black.

"CERO! OSCURAS!!!!!!"
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #23

Zombie

Shirubaru looks down. Say it with me, guys, in your best Hellboy voice. Ahh, crap.

Abokku opens its mouth and a burning red beam fires down to meet the Cero, cutting through it like a razor-thin scalpel. The Cero is split in two, and the two halves of the Cero roar past on either side of Shirubaru, further blistering his already-burnt skin.

When the Cero has passed, Shirubaru shunpo's, and reappears alongside Abishai in an attempt to smack him in the face with an open palm and hurl him down into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Abishai falls, more blood gushing from his nose..which by this point is certianly broken in several locations. Despite it all, he simply smiles up at his adversary.

"Scarlet Spine"

A hail of foot long spines suddenly get from his chest and arms
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #25

Zombie

Shirubaru grabs Abokku and uses it like a whip, the blade-tail lashing out in a whirling blur that deflects the near-endless flurry of spines and blades. Shirubaru is barely visible behind the shining copper blur, but it's clear that he's grinning.

But then -

- Urk.

A spine cuts through Shiru's defence and impales into the side of his stomach. Shirubaru lurches forwards, still deflecting the oncoming spines, but now with blood seeping from between his lips.

With a choking gasp, he parries the last of the blizzard of spines, yanks the spine free of his body, and snaps it in one hand.

Gods dammit, he says roughly, one hand clasped over the wound. Think a... scratch like this'll... stop a Kenpachi?

Wheezing, Shirubaru limps towards Abishai, blade wavering.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Abishai snarls as another crater forms under his feet, sonido'ing at Shirubaru

"BAAAAAAKA! I'm going to do that to you TEN TIMES OVER BEFORE THIS IS ALL DONE!!!!!!"

Abishai is suddenly in front of the wounded Captain, grinning daggers as he swings his blade down
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #27

Zombie

Blade is caught in the bloodstained Hollow-hand that had been clasped over Shirubaru's wound... to reveal that said wound was just a scratch. Genuinely.

Best thing my mentor ever taught me, says Shirubaru conversationally, as he hooks Abishai's legs from under him with one sweeping leg, and then attempts to bring Abokku's blade stabbing down into the Espada's face.

F*** honour. Fight dirty.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Abishai moves his face just in time, the blade gouging a massive cut into his cheek. A howl of pain emits from his mouth as blood begins to leak down his face. Any more attacks are blocked with his arm, battering them and cutting them wickedly

"Trying to get me on my back again. Secret. Hollow Hole produces a weaker Gray Rey Cero. My mouth is the focal point! ROARING GRAN REY CERO!!!!!"

A tight dark blue beam blasts from Abishai's mouth upwards. Even if Shirubaru dodges, the beam continues, literaly catching the air on fire
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-08-07 at 05:50 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #29

Zombie

The air which is caught on fire sucks all the flames up from the burning woods as well, creating an enormous, flaming tornado around Abishai's Cero which then abruptly vanishes as the Cero dies out.

Once the Cero is gone, the forest fire has been sucked up and put out. All that remains are countless spindly, black, leafless trees, sticking up like tangled spikes. And the smoke and ash on the wind.

Shirubaru is gone.

Everything is silent. Not a whisper.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Abishai sags to one side, his arms limp and seemingly unusable

"Is that....is that all you had Snake...your still here. So come out and play with me."

Abishai's form is wracked with laughter as he hugs himself tightly, blood pouring out his back where his fingers have dug into the flesh

"Come out....come out...COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!"

A licks his hands clean, the laughter comming in sad, broken bursts

"BALA DEL REY!!!!!!"

Abishai suddenly launchs into the air, the whole ground peppered with azure blue bullets of energy
    My Current Works