New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [NarutoitP] Episode 6: The Sandaime Raikage's final fight!

Night had fallen on the mountains of Kumogakure no Sato, as its leader, the Sandaime Raikage, looked over the village he had governed since the end of the Third Ninja War, thirty years ago. ...I'm getting too old for this...

As he often did when he couldn't sleep, he had just left his home, to walk in one of the isolated places of the Village, a valley that was far deeper than any of the others. To think. It's been a good thirty years... and I'd say Haruka's ready. I think I'm almost ready to retire. That'll suprise everyone.

He chuckled. The Sandaime knew the rumors, that he intended to keep going until he died. They weren't entirely true. He intended to stay on as an advisor to the new Yondaime, of course.

He frowned. But some of those fools on the Council are pushing for that hot-blooded Hachirou to be Raikage... if he became Yondaime, he'd try to go to war with Konoha again. And I can't allow that.

The Sandaime sat, and thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [NarutoitP] Episode 6: The Sandaime Raikage's final fight!

A blind man sits on a large rocky outcropping, quite close to the Raikage, a large zither in his lap. He slowly starts to play, humming along with the tune. Before long he starts to talk in a sing song voice, quite loudly into the night.

“A gentle rain did fall…and through the sky it bled. And when the sky did clear, It was the Raikage who was found dead. Listen here to my tale, children please do not scream or wail. It is a bed time story we shall tell, the tale of how Kumogakure fell.

The fight stretched on all through the eve, not a single citizen awake to grieve. First came chains bound to burst, but even before then a buzzing came first. The streets, the sky, the buildings were covered, even outside the window they hovered. Black as pitch and as hard as steel, ice cold pincers waved through the air to feel. Famine it was known through the world, insects of all shapes, all sizes, all makes did unfurl. But this alone was not the war, for into the buzzing black did figures to pour. Men with intent, women with glee, forcing all innocents to flee. War had come to Kumo its true, where was its leader? Why, cooking in a stew.

First he was skinned and boiled, the chefs not abashed by their toil. They slaved all through the night and from the cauldron a noise rose with such a fright. It was the Raikage, cooked and dead, and for a whole village a feast was led. Never once was this man a fool, until of course his blood was made into gruel. His eyes were jelly and his bones perfect stock, his fingers making a most delicious lox. When the feast was done, only one man sat sated, it was none other than he who made all strife created."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-02-09 at 02:53 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no response.

The Raikage is in the valley.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

New response!

Hmph. Who would be the maker of all this?

You?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #5

The blind man seems not to hear the Raikage, continuing to sing his tune

“And then the clouds will fill the sky, and one might wonder, who is the next to die? Gather close children, and listen to the end of the tale, for all to soon it might be you who fails. Do not wander in the light, for there is safety in the dark of night. Cry for your mothers, your fathers, your sons. For this poem will soon contain many puns.

In a forest of leaves the battle shall rage, an elderly man shall be trapped in a cage. Three men will fight, two men will leave, and then autumn shall come and only children shall grieve. One by one the Shadow’s shall fall…until only the strongest remains, one and all.”
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raikage sighs. And looks around for anyone else, while keeping an eye on the man.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-02-09 at 03:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #7

The Blind man seems to stare at the Raikage, the song slowly starting to die down, the last lines hanging in the air like a fel cloud

“Waters reflect, shimmer and drown, only the Eclipse shall wear the crown. Desert winds blow, gale force in speed, it is these words you Raikage should heed. Your life is brief, though old you may be. But the red ribbon of fate is cut…too late for you to see. Your moon is covered by a black hand of God, buried alive, the dirt of your grave they shall find clawed. Eaten by worms, your fate is sealed. Your grave already dug in a salted field. This tale is but a joke, I hope on your bones I do not choke. Your life will be cooked away in an oven, like some twisted witch’s coven.”
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raikage starts chuckling, as if at a private joke. So, my fate has been decreed, eh?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9

The blind man nods only once

"Are you ready to die? Raikage-kun?"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been ready for a long time. Have a pretty good idea what's on the other side for me.

He smiles. But if someone wants to kill me, they'll still have to work for it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11

The blind man raises to his feet, giving a mock stage bow

"Ni Hao Ma, Raikage-kun....I must admit, you've done wonders for this Village since the war...would you like to hear a story before we start spilling blood...neh?"
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not?

The Raikage takes up a stance, where he is ready to intercept any sneak attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #13

“This peace here…that your trying to make in this little war torn village. It’s very cute. Don’t you think? I use cute because it’s so childlike. Just like the dream of a peaceful world where ninja exist. We’re weapons you know? We’re supposed to kill, we’re supposed to die. It’s how it’s always supposed to be. Do you think with diplomacy and kind words you can change the world?”

The blind man’s face slowly breaks into a grin, almost splitting his face in half

“Your such an idiot, you and the rest of the elderly fools who survived the War…why couldn’t you have all just died…we’d all have been happier. But that’s how things go…oh well oh well oh well…”

The blind man starts to pace, slowly tapping his forehead with an open palm

“It really grates on my nerves…you have to understand. This peace. It’s like being wrapped in a cloth that you can’t break free of. Warm and confining like some hug or something. That really makes me mad…makes me mad makes me mad makes me mad….I just want to hurt things when I think about it..l.t…why you have to ask? Because it’s just the way life is, there is no turning back on the path after that. Once you taste blood it’s just the way you have to be….to be…a confining blanket that’s to warm. That’s what it is. Oh…I said that already…I just have to laugh you know? Sometimes I forget minor things like this when I get a little worked up. But the story. I wasn’t finished. Now don’t interrupt…that’s so rude. How could you do that? Why would you do that?"

The blind man fixes the Raikage with a gaze, his eyes clearly red through his long bangs

“I was…twelve….thirteen….fourteen…eleven. Eleven…yes….eleven when I saw the war for the first time. Maybe ten, nine…not so sure on the age I guess. I smelled death, and I liked it…it made me hungry so I tried a corpse. My mother beat me with a chain, and it hurt a lot so I stopped. We were so hungry, refugees…but they never gave us food or water. So…I tried another corpse. It was different…it varies from person to person….that’s when they came, the mongoose…they taught me everything. And I learned it all, and taught them to….we’re a happy family….most of this is a lie.”
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raikage sighs. There are times when diplomacy is the right option. When all people need is something to make them listen.

This, apparently, is not one of those times.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #15

The blind man shakes his head, suddenly his hands flying into a series of signs

"Block the Heavens, and defend the gates. Seal of Demonic Integrity!"

A large black dome suddenly surrounds the area, the blind man throwing off his diguise to reveal Kyo dressed fully in his Shoku uniform.

"Come out Chains! Leech!!! Its time to play! The seal should hold for 30 minutes...thats more then enough time..."
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmph.

The Sandaime makes a small but in his thumb, and flies through a series of handseals.

KUCHIYOSE NO JUTSU!

A blue dragon rises up from where he slams his hand down, the Sandaime standing on his head.

Hmph. You called me up against this?

The dragon glares at Kyo.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-02-09 at 06:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17

Kyo smirked up at the massive dragon, shaking his head

"Starting off so big and impressive. You really don't know how to pace yourself. Slow and steady wins the race so they say. Besides, a dragon really isn't enough to beat little old me, don't you know that large things are always easier to take down then small?"
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I tend to disagree with that there Kyo. In a puff of smoke, Leech appears on the back of a Large Cockroach.
    Cause the bigger they are, the harder they tend to hit as well. Leech then starts sinking into the Roach by merging into it.
    And when you can make something even bigger and badder, well... The Roach then shakes violently and mutates before everyone's eyes. It grows slightly larger with it sprouting spikes all along it's face and body. Several other small limbs burst out of it's body in several places, with attached at the end are long, sharp razor bladed claws.

The echo voice of Leech comes from the Roach. ...It gets even better! The Roach roars and charges the dragon
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-02-10 at 04:49 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #19

"The object Leech is -not- to get hit. Yes, I know its a wild theory...but hear me out. If its so big, like you or say, the Dragon right there. Then little people like me just slip through the attack. You should actually understand this concept, its like a gnat. Now of course, strap some explosives on said gnat, and then you have a ninja fighting large beasties."

Kyo smirks broadly as he continues to stare up at the dragon

"I'm just going out on a wild guess here, but your not the Dragon King of what ever clan you are. Now, while thats good for us and bad for you, when you -do- die. Tell him I'd like to meet him. If you -are- the Dragon King of your clan...my your so tiny..."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-02-10 at 08:17 PM.
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

There is a second puff of smoke, and Chains appears, crouched atop a rocky peak. He grins up at the dragon, cracking his knuckles.

I was expecting a better showing from a Raikage.

He draws a long, thin black sword from his belt and levels it towards the dragon's location, his glowing red eye narrowing. The hilt of the sword is wrapped in black bandages - the blade is made of a length of black barbed chain.

Chains rocks back on his feet, then shoots towards the dragon, suddenly moving like a bullet from a gun. He holds out his sword and, as he shoots past the dragon at incredible speed, attempt to draw a long, thin wound across the dragon's flank.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

21. - Top - End - #21

Kyo laughs loudly, clapping his hands.

"We're all here! How -WONDERFUL!!!!!! Chains! Do be a sweet heart and take care of the Dragon on your own? Leech? I think its time to drown out the sun. Would you fill the upper reachs of the dome with a swarm while I prepare my jutsu?"
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

A pleasure, grunts Chains, turning back to face the dragon he has (hopefully? possibly?) wounded and then shooting forward again, at ridiculous speed, aiming to cut a second slice along its opposite flank.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Awww... But Kyo! I thought *I* had staked claim on the dragon!... Oh well. I guess I'll let Chains get first crack at him. Leech makes a hand sign. Transparent Hive! He stretches his arms up toward the opening and a trasparent sticky substance shoots out of his hand. It wraps itself around the opening, allowing light in, but obviously sealed off. And of course, in case your dragon tries to break through... He snaps his fingers and many large maggots appear outside the opening, obviously waiting for something to try and move towards the opening.

There we go. Now hurry up Chains. My Roach here is particularly hungry today.

24. - Top - End - #24

Kyo flashs a grin as the light starts to die within the massive dome.

"Are you afraid of the dark, Raikage-kun? Have you seen the horrors one can truely see in the light?! Let us show you the folly of your way!!!! THE FALL OF ELDERS STARTS WITH YOU!!!!! Fall of the Black Earth Technique!!!!"

Kyo preforms a fast series of hand motions, the ground under the dome grows black as pitch, the entire field of battle now a matte black, the only light comming from what difuses from the dome above, casting everyone in perpetual gloom.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raikage summons up a wave of water, blocking the second slash of Chains' sword, and then crashing down towards Chains and Kyo himself.

The Raikage, while the wave is crashing down, dashes through it, heading towards Kyo, and launching a flurry of blows towards the leader of the Shoku, possibly taking advantage of his confusion.

The dragon roars in pain from the first sword slash, but then powers towards Chains, the water forming a battering ram towards the leader of Otogakure.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #26

The Battle raged for a good hour, perhaps with some change. But by the end, it was the three Shoku members that came out on top. The summoning powers of Leech and the physical prowess easily over powered any Dragon summoned by the Raikage. All the while, Kyo worked ferveretly to preform that proper handsigns for the jutsu that would end the fight.

And in the crucial moment, when it looked like both sides could simply no longer fight, his "allies" out of energy and tricks, the ground heaved and pitched, five massive pillars shot from the ground, each composed of one of the Ninja Elements. Kyo began to laugh as a lattic work of threads surrounded the Raikage, his body being pulled into the four cardinal directions.

"Say good bye, Ghost of the Old World! COME COME THE HEAVENS!!! BLACK MAW OF INFINITE DISASTER TECHNIQUE!!!!"

The black ground bubbled violently under the Raikage, a massive pair of fanged jaws launching from the earths surface, easily devouring the Raikage. The massive black dome faded, the earth returning to its healthy complexion. Kyo adjusted his clothing, a feral grin crossing his face as his eyes began to spark with electric energy.

"Mhm...a proper meal for once....Our invasion of Konoha is almost ready..."

Kyo then colapses, his body twitching as it surges with electric discharges.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Ahhh... A good fight! Just then, he hears the sound of approaching ninja from the village. Woops, we don't have alot of clean up time.

A swarm of beetles engulf Kyo and he quickly disappears. Then the same swarm starts wrapping themselves around Leech and Chains. All aboard the beetle express!

The two men disappear and the swarm scatters. Second later, Ninja appear in sight of the battlefield.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-03-09 at 07:44 PM.