New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fred's Flying Fishy, Fighting, Fiery, Fantastic Face Off Random Banter #125

Where is this color test that you all keep speaking of?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #272

Default Re: Fred's Flying Fishy, Fighting, Fiery, Fantastic Face Off Random Banter #125

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Where is this color test that you all keep speaking of?
    Quincunx linked to it back on page 6. Here.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

I just watched the last bit of Mission: Impossible II, beginning with Ethan Hunt
    Spoiler
    Show
    disguising one of the mooks as himself.
    My verdict? SHEER. UNADULTERATED. AWESOMESAUCE!!!
    Last edited by TheBibliophile; 2009-08-14 at 04:08 PM.
    Amazingly cool avatar by Mauve Shirt. May she ever be promoted and not demoted! *promotes*
    Books are a mind-altering substance. Therefore, I am high all the time.
    My old avatars. Thanks, y'all!
    Some poetry I've written. Constructive criticism warmly welcomed.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't care if Monday's blue. Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too. Thursday, I don't care about you. It's Friday, and I just got my copy of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction in the mail!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Vmag View Post
    I don't care if Monday's blue. Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too. Thursday, I don't care about you. It's Friday, and I just got my copy of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction in the mail!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly the only game from PS2 that I actually miss playing...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

My friend just took delivery of half a sheep (not driping gore, but nicely cut into bits and so forth I hasten to add) and some sausage skins. Tomorrow we make lamb and mint sausages after returning form work.

I have suggested that we should try to make some donner kebab sausages, but really don't know what herbs/spices/seasonings would go into that... any ideas? Or would that work better with mutton because of the stronger flavour?

Edit: I now feel forced to dig out my Cure albums, if only I could remember where they are
    Last edited by eidreff; 2009-08-14 at 04:17 PM.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eidreff View Post
    I have suggested that we should try to make some donner kebab sausages, but really don't know what herbs/spices/seasonings would go into that... any ideas?
    It depends on the person, really.
    Last edited by Vmag; 2009-08-14 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Alternate title: Guidance on proper spicing varies from person to person

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Why did I choose to be a scientist? Science is hard. I could have been many things. I've been told I'm a good actor. I could even have gone for writing, if I put my mind to it. But Science it was, and science is hard...

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Why did I choose to be a scientist? Science is hard. I could have been many things. I've been told I'm a good actor. I could even have gone for writing, if I put my mind to it. But Science it was, and science is hard...
    Those other two things are also hard, to be fair. For every second on camera, actors spend massive amounts of time in makeup, or memorizing their scripts, or talking character, or binging, or dodging scandals, or experimenting with drugs...

Writers don't have it too easy, either, although I personally think it's easier than any other career I could be doing. Mostly because most careers fill me with dread, and writing promises to be a magical shiny creative land where I get to kill myself with stress doing something I like, as opposed to not investing myself in something I don't.

Also, writers and actors don't get to make deathbots. Well, not real ones, anyway.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-08-14 at 05:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I hear you. Why didn't I choose to be a bum? Would've been much more fun hassling people in the streets than failing exams.

11. - Top - End - #281

I have been playing Gotcha Force all day. I forgot how good it was. I re-ordered my List of the Best Three Games and You Know it So Don't Bother Arguing™ accordingly.

Now I want a sequel...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eidreff View Post
    I have suggested that we should try to make some donner kebab sausages, but really don't know what herbs/spices/seasonings would go into that... any ideas? Or would that work better with mutton because of the stronger flavour?
    Your idea intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Eyeballing and translating a few recipes from Swedish, not yet having found the one I tried (and wouldn't totally recommend) although the first listing is similar:

half quantity ground lamb, half quantity fat, several tablespoons of salt, teaspoon black pepper or
    500g ground meat, 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1 shake of curry seasoning, 2 shakes of black pepper, 1 shake garlic powder, 1 shake oregano, little bit of water to bind it all or
    400g lamb meat, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon marjoram, 1 teaspoon sumac, cloves of garlic, salt and pepper.

There's a recipe for reindeer kebab which, while intriguing, does not follow the pattern of what I consider kebab meat.

Definitely grind the meat fine, and I suspect the flour is a very good suggestion. Part of my failure was using ordinary, coarse-ground meat and not having a fine kitchen knife to shave it. Instead of delicious kebab meat, I got (delicious) meatloaf reminiscent of a Slim Jim beef snack. The meatloaf puck lacked any spices other than disturbing amounts of salt and pepper.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

My future roommate and I are getting along really, really well, at least, via email. There will probably be some awkward not-knowing-what-to-say when we finally meet, but I suspect it will be tempered by the whole ordeal of unpacking and arranging our rooms. I'm pretty happy. I've been dreading having a roommate for the past YEAR, and I'm glad she seems like someone I can live with.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    My future roommate and I are getting along really, really well, at least, via email. There will probably be some awkward not-knowing-what-to-say when we finally meet, but I suspect it will be tempered by the whole ordeal of unpacking and arranging our rooms. I'm pretty happy. I've been dreading having a roommate for the past YEAR, and I'm glad she seems like someone I can live with.
    Could always do what I did for most of college and just not be in the room most of the time...

Ahh, the benefits of having a girlfriend that had a single room...

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    The solution to awkwardness:

Get cookies. The type that are sweet biscuit, with dark chocolate tablet-thingmajigs covering one end.

Cover the chocolate end in peanut butter. Cover the peanut butter with a thick layer of chocolate icecream and/or/and/and cookie dough. Cover with another peanut butter cookiebiscuit.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPERIENCE NEGATIVE EMOTION WHILST EATING THIS. Afterwards, of course, you'll have gained 25 pounds and you'll probably hate me due to the immense stomach ache you've given yourself, but frankly that doesn't bother me and at least you'll have a common enemy.

Roommates: Solved!

16. - Top - End - #286

Books, huh. Bought some today. Woo! Books.

On Sunday I'll be going to my cottage. I'll be returning on the 30th of August. It's a great place, but there is no internet. A frightening prospect, to be sure, but something I've become accustomed to over time. The thought of being away from the playground for half a month is sort of strange, but I suppose it also happened last August.

ANYWAY. The point is that I bought some new stuff to replace the internet for those two weeks. I have The Count of Monte Cristo, A Prayer for Owen Meany, and Catch-22. The first one is especially intimidating, it's a damn big book. Still only three books, I know. Goddess of the Written Word I'm not. I also got Seasons 1 of Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse. Err, and the Great Outdoors™, of course, but those can have rain sometimes.

So yeah, I guess I'll be leaving soon, although that wasn't what I meant to say when I started this post.

In other news: Recaiden, it is your turn in Risk! We can still play with the game paused. Also, I doubt we'll finish before I leave. We'll have to unpause then, because otherwise it'll wait until the pause is over to turn me into a computer player.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-08-14 at 10:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bam! I demand a caption.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Bam! I demand a caption.
    I can has remidiul edjoocashunz?

No, that's not even mine. I'm not sure, nothing really springs to mind for that picture.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm in that part of the night where I've already stayed up about an hour too late, and it's just that bit easier to keep checking websites than it is to close shop and go to bed. It'll take an effort of will to put me down for the night.

Wish me luck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Coincidently, is there anyone that understands the irony of the green statement in my signature? I asked some other people today and they didn't get it. -_-
    I'm worried that I'm being too subtle.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

Why? Because tuba is the awesomeness.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yarram View Post
    Coincidently, is there anyone that understands the irony of the green statement in my signature? I asked some other people today and they didn't get it. -_-
    I'm worried that I'm being too subtle.
    Are you saying that you aren't witty or intelligent? Because that's what I seem to be getting from it. Either that or you said something stupid while trying to say something witty when you first planned on saying something witty and intelligent.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #292

Nah you missed it then. The joke is, that despite me saying that it's ironic it's not ironic, but because I said it is ironic after saying that it isn't witty and it's not, it becomes ironic, but since the joke is me saying that something is ironic because it actually is ironic, it stops being ironic.
    It's hard to explain, but I was using meta-humor.
    What adds further irony, is because the statement causes a catch-22 feedback loop or irony, the statement turns out to be witty afterall.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah you missed it then. The joke is, that despite me saying that it's ironic it's not ironic, but because I said it is ironic after saying that it isn't witty and it's not, it becomes ironic, but since the joke is me saying that something is ironic because it actually is ironic, it stops being ironic.
    It's hard to explain, but I was using meta-humor.
    What adds further irony, is because the statement causes a catch-22 feedback loop or irony, the statement turns out to be witty afterall.
    You...... confuse.... me.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    You...... confuse.... me.
    And that my friend, is why it is hilarious.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

And that my friend, is why it is hilarious.
    Darn you, darn you to a world where Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering and Metal Slug don't exist.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

I was wondering if glasses can somehow affect colour vision, if only ever so slightly. Maybe a UV or anti-glare coating screws it up a bit?

I don't wear glasses, so if someone's curious as well, they could test...

EDIT: Wait, what? A whole page? Such an idiot!
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-08-15 at 06:20 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Bam! I demand a caption.
    It's a kitten!
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

28. - Top - End - #298

I scored an 8 on that colour test, which I'm pretty happy about.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Darn you, darn you to a world where Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering and Metal Slug don't exist.

Thats really cold... I think I'm tearing up.
    Alas though... More irony. I don't play any of those.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Thats really cold... I think I'm tearing up.
    Alas though... More irony. I don't play any of those.
    I can understand not playing Yu-Gi-Oh, Monster Rancher, Digimon or Magic: The Gathering, but Pokemon and Metal Slug are games that NEED to be played.
    Pokemon is awesome, and Metal Slug is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle