Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Middle-earth

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Middle-earth

Spoiler
    Show
    My turn, I'm guessing?

Elladan grimaces at the brutal blow dealt to the Dwarf, before firing his bow at the foul monster.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+12)[30]
    (1d8+6)[13]
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Elladan's arrow whizzes from the string, tearing through the darkness and piercing the wight in the forehead. The monster screams, letting forth an unearthly howl of haunting horrors, a nightmarish storm of black death that rages across the Barrow-downs.
    Then the clouds open, and screeching the barrow-wight falls. A ray of sunlight, the first stream of dawn, comes down from the west, and with it a swift gust of wind that sails down the Lost Road and carries still for some the radiant aromas of Avallone and the white shores beyond; and gulls sing as they soar about the Tower of Elwing, and the sun carries away the barrow-wight into a wave of dust. Fire fades from the eyes of Hugo, and instead they shine with the daylight.
    Ancient armor matted with rust and dark grime crumples, falling upon the dewy grass and crumbling beneath the weight of ages; cruel gold shines with burnished luster as it tumbles free upon the ground, and the rain retreats and leaves the land with the sweet scents of a swift sunrise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone can take 300xp.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-08-26 at 05:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123

Elladan goes to make sure and Ain is not too badly injured.
    "Are you well, my friend?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Heal check:(1d20)[3]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dwarf just sighed, ignoring the Elf. He would see to his own wounds once the more concerning matters had been dealt with.

"See to the Halfling. I've taken worse wounds, but the terror he expierenced might mark him. I can care for myself. That things blade was nothing more then steel, and it will take more then that to slow a Dwarf."

The Dwarf returned his Axes beneath his cloak. He was bluffing of course. The Wight had gotten lucky, and pierced the Dwarves defenses more then he should have. But he wouldn't fail, and a little bit of care would have him back in fighting shape. He'd bear the wound for some time, but that was how life worked.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming we are going to stay put for 2 or 3 minutes, to get our breath back. Thusly, taking 20 on the Heal Check, giving me a 30.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

The halfling sits up with a start, his eyes wide.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

What just happened...? Hugo said, eyes wide as he sat up. I've n-never seen them do that before. Usually I can get the jump on them... Honestly, the last few days I just feel cursed. Ah well, things will eventually get better, I guess. Anyway, We'd better hurry though, we don't want to be here when more than one of the Wights show up. Is Ain alright?

7. - Top - End - #127

Thullaer's music fades almost as quickly as it began, and he looks over at the halfling with a quirked eyebrow. "Usually?" he asks. "You often run into wights?" He glances over at Ain, who appears to be binding his wounds effectively. "And I think a good question to ask would be instead, are you alright?"

8. - Top - End - #128

Hugo quickly recoiled, trying not to give too much away of his past. Well, I've passed though this area occaisionally, looking for new, quicker paths from Bree to Hobbiton.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (d20-1)[2]

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: It's impossible for me to fail, but - (1d20+5)[7]

Thullaer's eyebrows both shoot up, and he nods. "That so? Well, I'm…sure that's a good reason. And halfling, learn to lie."
    Last edited by FirebirdFlying; 2009-08-28 at 09:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is everyone ready to move on?

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler
    Show

I am.
    Lalala

12. - Top - End - #132

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, let's get this ball rolling again!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was just waiting for results on the Heal Check. If everything is fine, lets move along.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The gale has lessened, torrents of rain becoming mere sprinkles, then giving way entirely; and before long you find yourselves looking out upon the rosy glow of dawn.
    The day is clear and fresh; dew rests upon the grass, rainwater lounges on the eaves of trees; the sky is pastel blue, pale and crisp. You're on the crest of a low hill, and the landscape rolls with gentle slopes such as this, occasionally garnished with a smattering of trees; the road winds its way through the feet of the hills. In the distance are the gentle blue shadows of mountains, and fields of green that stretch across the North.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ball's in your court, folks.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-09-01 at 05:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Elladan pulls out his map, and says, while surveying the landscape, "So, my companions, where do you believe we are?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Can everyone interested in helping Elladan make a Knowledge (Geography) check?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Ain scanne the area about, hunting for landmarks that would give their position away to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[27]

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Having tread this same road only yesterday, Ain easily recognizes where you are.

For Ain:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're near the southern feet of the Barrow-downs, around 20 miles south of Bree.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dwarf nodded, recognizing this place easily.

"We are about 20 miles south of Bree, Elf. Let's continue south. The ruins of Tharbad are many miles south of here, and the Moria Road meets the Greenway there."

20. - Top - End - #140

Harnír

"Very well. Back to the road and south."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

For another day you travel down the Greenway, treading beneath the pastel-blue sky flung with wisps of cloud.
    The Barrow-downs fall behind you like a sea of mist, soon becoming mere specks on the horizon: now they have vanished altogether.

Do not look:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Random Encounter:
    (1d100)[22]

The day passes uneventfully, and you find yourselves at last beneath the dusky darkness of night.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-09-05 at 12:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"I believe we should rest here, my companions.I will take first watch, if none of you prefer to watch in my stead."While saying this, Elladan pulls out his bedroll, and places it on a soft patch of ground.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Ain nodded toward Elladan.

"Wake me for the midnight watch."

The Dwarf looked toward the sky, shaking his head. He didn't think he would need to set up his tent for tonight, pulling out his Bedroll instead, and setting it up.

"Do we desire a fire? If there is wood to gather, I can start one."

24. - Top - End - #144

Thullaer sets his pack down, stretching. "Certainly. Perhaps we can gather some fresh food, as well - waybread, after all, is hardly appetizing."

25. - Top - End - #145

Harnír

"Yes, let's see if if we can find something tomorrow, tracks or fruits. I don't know this land well, it doesn't look like if it supports big game. But maybe there are rabbits or pheasants."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The evening dwindles as the fire burns low; long into the night you shelter within the warm glow that the flames cast out upon the dark land, but one by one you fall into slumber.

Morning comes, bringing with it a heavy blanket of fog which clings to the ground. Silvery and damp it swirls about the Greenway, occasionally letting through a glimpse of cold sun or grey sky.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-09-11 at 10:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Didn't noice the update.

The Dwarf roused from his bedding, reaching into his pack and pulled out a Pipe, and packed it with the supply of Pipeweed he had picked up in Bree. It was good stuff. He lit it with a branch from the fire, and sat, his cloak around him as he waited for the Elves and the Hobbit to rouse.

28. - Top - End - #148

Harnír

Harnír awakes from his dreams and stands up. "A fine morning. The weather changed quickly." He opens his bagpack and retrieves some waybread, dried fruits and his waterskin.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

As Elladan wakes up, he stretches, looking around.He packs up his bedroll, then pulls out some trail rations and begins eating them.Once he is finished, he says "I trust everyone slept well?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm going to give everyone else until tonight to respond; then we'll continue the game.