Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1148
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell keeps going.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    For all Grigor can tell, the cave remains empty save for his and Tell’s presence.

    Tell continues climbing down. The wall begins to slant in towards the pillar some and the druid soon sees the ground. Upon reaching the floor, Tell quickly notices two relief carvings in the floor nearby. One looks to be a carving of a two-tiered ziggaraut. The other is of a flaming sun. Both are inlaid with black stone.

    Near these carvings are a pile of rocks—possibly leftover from the carving of the pillar. The most interesting thing about these rocks is a humanoid-shaped thing crouching behind one. (( Spot: 1d20+8=27 ))

    (( New side view:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Will try and have an overhead view of the floor level up sometime tomorrow. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-05-20 at 09:13 PM.
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Spoiler
    Show


    Questions on the possible enemy:

    -Do those above have a clear line of fire at it (assuming they could see it) or would I need to lure it out to give them a line of fire?

    -Have I reached the halfway point on my spiderclimb yet? I other words, do I have time to battle?

    -Can you please tell me if the creature is human? I know Tell doesn't know this, but I'm going to attack either way. Whether it's human will change the numbers involved in every roll I make, and I'm too cloudy from painkillers right now to try to work out a lot of conditionals

    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( 1. No, they do not have line of effect. The passage is directly above the black-and-purple inverted obelisk. This blocks pretty much everything from their position.

    2. It’s not quite halfway, but almost. Should have enough time for a short fight.

    3. Gee, already declaring an attack without any idea if it’s hostile. Yeah, go ahead and apply human opponent numbers. ))

    (( Map’s up: Turn #0 ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-05-21 at 03:18 PM.
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    "Something down here!" he yells up. To the figure: "Stand up and surrender if you're peaceful. You'll be treated well."

    Assuming it doesn't comply...

    R1 - Attack
    (1d20+8)[16] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[11] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[10] bane damage

    R1 - AoO (10' inclusive reach)
    (1d20+8)[18] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[13] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[8] bane damage


    R2 - Attack
    (1d20+8)[14] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[13] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[10] bane damage

    R2 - AoO (10' inclusive reach)
    (1d20+8)[27] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[13] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[3] bane damage


    R3 - Attack
    (1d20+8)[12] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[15] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[9] bane damage

    R3 - AoO (10' inclusive reach)
    (1d20+8)[17] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[13] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[11] bane damage



    R4 - Attack
    (1d20+8)[24] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[16] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[12] bane damage

    R4 - AoO (10' inclusive reach)
    (1d20+8)[12] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[13] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[8] bane damage



    R5 - Attack
    (1d20+8)[21] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[10] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[7] bane damage

    R5 - AoO (10' inclusive reach)
    (1d20+8)[21] incl -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[14] incl +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[5] bane damage

    Move forward for first attack, 5' step as needed every round; will Withdraw early and run up the wall if I take 30 or more points of damage total.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    At first the figure does not react to Tell. As the druid closes in, he stands up from behind the rock. It is a man with a black cloak over his sloppily donned armor. There is a large shield strapped to his left arm and a sword hanging from his belt. In his right hand is a small bottle. From behind his helmet comes a hoarse, mocking voice.

    “Surrender to you? You have no authority here.”

    (( Starting Positions: Map #1 ))

    (( Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Armored Figure: 8
    2. Tell: 1d20+3=6
    ))

    Round 1
    The armored figure raises the bottle to an opening in his helmet and drinks its contents. As he finishes, he jumps up to an impossible height. Instead of coming back down, he remains supsended (( Tell flat-footed. No AoO ))

    (( End of Figure’s turn: Map #2 ))

    (( Sorry, but Tell may want to readjust the plan of attack in light of this. I do appreciate the attempt to speed things up with the pre-rolls, though. ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Assuming that "an impossible height" is 60' or less, Tell charges up the wall and all the attacks stand - with a +2 charging bonus on the first one!
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( Need hands free to use spider climb. Kinda hard to charge up the wall with a two-handed weapon and keep your hands free. Also charge requires straight line to your opponent.

    Rembmer, too, that the walls are not straight up and down. At the cleric’s current height, the wall are probably be about 5 ft. further from the pillar than the corresponding bit of wall at ground-level, which the map shows. This will affect your reach. ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell casts Soften Earth & Stone on the base of the pillar the man is clinging to, causing it to sway & collapse out from under him. The druid moves back as needed to avoid being flattened.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-05-24 at 10:08 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( He’s not clinging to anything. He’s floating in midair. I guess I wasn’t clear enough. ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell evaluates the situation, weighing the possible magicks the man could have just imbibed from the flask. He grins and chuckles.

    Keeping his chain ready, he moves around so that the pillar is between him and the levitating figure (more action).

    "Archers! Archers!" he yells as he goes (free action). Perhaps from his new elevation he's better visible to those above.

    Cautiously, he waits to keep moving around the pillar if the figure tries to levitate around and get a line of fire on him (standard action: read action to move to keep the pillar between us, if the other figure moves)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tell is guessing that the figure used a potion of Levitate. Most potions are made by beginning casters, so this spell will probably wear off in 3 minutes.

    Tell's escape plan has a 30 minute duration, on the other hand.

    His hope is just to move, and ready an action to move, every round until the figure's spell wears off - keeping full cover and total immunity the whole time. I'd welcome a fast forward on this; however, if the figure has some clever way of thwarting it, fast forward may not be an option.

    If the figure doesn't return to earth by the time about 3 minutes has gone by, Tell may have to reconsider.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    Round 2
    The armored man flies toward’s Tell’s position as the druid moves to keep the pillar blocking the man’s line of fire. The man follows Tell around the pillar, chuckling, “You can’t run forever.”

    (( End figure’s turn: Map #4 ))

    Tell retreats to the other side of the pillar. Iron rungs are embedded in this side of the pillar, forming a ladder.

    (( End of round 2: Map #5 ))

    Round 3
    The armored figure continues to chuckle. “The Eye requires an offering. I think we should just get down to it.” Suddenly, he starts speaking in a strange, guttural tounge that sounds much like the spell-language used by the clerics in the chambers above. If it is a spell, it is rather involved, as it is not completed as quickly as most spells.

    (( Obviously a spell with a one or more round casting time, Tell may have a chance to do something clever before the spell is complete. ))

    (( (( End of figure’s turn round 3… Still: Map #5 ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-05-25 at 04:43 PM.
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell tries to identify the spell being cast...

    (1d20+2)[3]

    If it is a Summoning spell of 1st or 2nd level, he will try to counterspell it with his own SNAI or SNAII.

    Caster level check (I think): (1d20+5)[20]

    If it isn't, he just makes sure that pillar is blocking him from whatever it might be.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo's spellcraft check to identify the spell being cast: (1d20+16)[23]

    edit - that will hit a 3rd or lower level spell, even with the +5 DC for only having verbal components to ID with.
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2010-05-25 at 08:49 PM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    (( Spellcraft is trained-only skill in which Tell is not trained. ))

    Between the distance and the echoes, Megiddo can’t make out the verbal components of the spell very clearly. (( Listen:
    1d20+2=6 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor, human cleric

    Meanwhile, Grigor still hangs from the rope and starts to feel rather useless. Then again, he doesn't really feel like taking his chances with the strange tentacles.

    But then he remembers having seen something off to the side of his field of view. So he calls up "Guys? Lower me down slowly for about 30' feet, okay? I think I saw something."
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    ((Okay, so Tell just keeps the pillar between him and the caster then - what happens?))
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    Round 4
    The words stop. Suddenly, a strange grey blubbery skinned bipedal creature with large claws and a fang-filled mouth appears not very far from Tell. (( Obviously not one of “nature’s allies”, so countering this summons wouldn’t have been possible anyway. )) Tell’s able to give it a good whack with his chain as the creature closes in (( AoO: 1d20+8=19, 2d4+6=8 )). Though the creature yelps in pain, it doesn’t look like it was hurt as badly by the blow as it should have been.

    The creature attempts to claw tell, but only succeeds in scratching the druid’s armor.

    The cloaked figure rounds the pillar onto the other side of Tell. He holds up a pendant with his free hand and speaks words in that spell-language again. Tell feels a buzzing in his head but is able to shrug it off (( Will save:
    1d20+7=17; Success ))

    Meanwhile, Grigor is being lowered closer to the platform above.

    (( End of armored figure’s turn: Map #7 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Important:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Dodge bonuses stack with each other, unlike most types of bonuses.

    I will be using the total defense action (standard action) for +4 dodge bonus to my AC. I will also be declaring my dodge against the summoned creature, for an addition +1 dodge bonus versus that creature only.

    My AC is therefore 23, or 24 versus that one creature.


    Tell shifts beside the creature, giving the cleric an "is that all you got?" eyeroll. He yells upwards again, with more emphasis but no more alarm than before: "ARROWS!"

    He then nods his head cordially at the slavering beast beside him, wondering how many seconds it would be around, as he braces for its attack.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    Round 4 (cont.)
    Tell takes up the defensive

    (( End round 4: Map #9 ))

    Round 5
    The creature comes at Tell, flailing its arms. Tell neatly dodges the claws. Unfortunately, his focus on said claws allows the creature to take advantage of a lucky opening and bite the druid (( 3 damage )).

    The armored man flies to a position just above and behind Tell, shouting, “The Eye will have quite the sacrifice tonight!”. He then draws a small dagger while chanting a few spell words. The dagger begins to float just before duplicating itself several times over, surrounding the man with a cloud of floating knives.

    Meanwhile, Grigor is lowered far enough to see the edges of the stone platform. He can make out the other wooden platform suspended by its rope and pulley. However, what is more disturbing is that there is no sign of the corpse of the creature he and Megiddo killed a few moments ago. It should be right below Grigor on the stone platform, but seems to have vanished.

    (( End of Armored Figure’s turn, Round 5: Map #10 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Barely hurt, Tell steps toward the cavern wall, & stays on the defensive...

    ...unless these magic blades have formed a barrier and my movement would involve crossing the barrier :)
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-06-01 at 08:21 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    ....Tell swings his chain at the cleric.

    (1d20+8)[24] +2 bane -2 pa
    (2d4+8)[13] +4 pa
    (2d6)[8] bane damage

    ((No longer on full defence, declaring dodge against the whirling blades if that's possible, otherwise against the summoned creature. My AC is now 19 or 20.))
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-06-01 at 08:21 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( Uh, the cleric is still 15 ft. in the air. Beyond the reach of Tell’s chain. ))

    (( The knives cloud around and share the space of the Armored Figure. They do not restrict Tell in any way. ))

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    Round 5 (cont.)
    (( As Tell’s description above. ))

    (( End of Round 5: Map #11 ))

    Round 6
    The creature trails Tell, once again making clumsy attacks and getting lucky with its bite (( 1 damage ))

    The flying man makes a quick gesture and one of the floating knives speeds out of the cloud towards Tell, grazing the druid’s shoulder (( 4 damage )). Without pausing, the man grabs something from a belt pouch and casts another spell. There is a green glow that surrounds him for a moment, but no other visible change.

    Grigor comes to a stop about fifteen feet above the stone platform. He beginst to shift his weight and begin swinging on the rope.

    (( End of Armored Figure’s turn, Round 6: Map #12 ))

    (( For further information: It is now obvious that the knives constitute an attack from the Armored Figure. A declared Dodge against him counts as a Dodge against the knives as well. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-06-01 at 08:29 PM.
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell scurries up the wall, defending himself as he goes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard: Total Defence
    Move: move to the wall and ascend using Spider Climb till 10' off the ground (15 total movement), out of reach of the summoned creature.

    This will provoke an AoO from the summoned creature. My AC is (19 + (1 from Dodge) + (4 from Total Defence) + (4 from Mobility)) = 28 versus the AoO. 19 versus the cleric.

    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( Do recall that spider-climbing requires free hands. But… since he only took a standard and a five-foot step last round, I’ll assume he stowed his chain with his otherwise unused move action. So no prob. ))

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    Round 6
    Tell scurries up the wall. There is a nearby ledge flat enough for him to stand on so that he can attack the flying man if he comes near. (( Next turn, Tell can move onto the ledge (move him 1 square west on the map) and ready his chain again. ))

    (( End of Round 6: Map #13 ))

    Round 7
    The creature runs to the wall after Tell. It feebly scratches the rock in an unsuccessessful attempt to climb after him.

    The flying man sends another knife flying at Tell, but Tell easily dodges this one. He then casts another spell. Again, Tell feels a mental assault, but is able to shrug it off quite easily (( Will save: 1d20+7=24; Success )). He moves a little further away from Tell.

    Grigor’s swinging begins to get him near the rope from which the wooden platform is suspended. (( Next round, make a Reflex save to grab it. ))

    (( End Armored Figure’s Turn, Round 7: Map #14 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell moves onto the ledge and draws his chain, staying on full defence.

    ((Declaring doge versus the cleric this time; AC 24 vs cleric, 23 vs summoned creature))
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-06-02 at 12:44 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Late Morning

    (( End of Round 7: Map #16 ))

    Round 8
    The creature backs from the wall. It points at Tell as if trying to cast some sort of spell, but nothing happens.

    The flying man sends another easily dodged knife Tell’s way. He floats a little higher as he draws his shortsword while saying a quick spell-word. As he draws the sword, a red liquid like blood flows out from his gauntlet an covers the blade.

    “Prepare to die!” He growls.

    Grigor gets close enough to the rope holding up the wooden platform, but just misses grabbing it (( Reflex:
    1d20+3=13 ))

    (( End of Armored Figure’s turn: Map #17 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell just can't roll his eyes hard enough at the cleric's attitude, so he doesn't. Instead he just readies himself for a possible attack, making sure his chain is ready.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total defence, declare dodge vs. cleric; AC 24 to cleric, or 23 to summoned creature.

    AoO if needed:

    (1d20+8)[27] +2 bane, -2 pwr attack
    (2d4+8)[16] +4 pwr attack
    (2d6)[6] bane damage


    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo will manifest vigor and then jump down.

    (1d20-1)[7] jump check to reduce damage by 1d6
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9

    Round 8
    The creature on the ground simply growls at Tell.

    The armored man lets loose another knife and dives after it, screaming like a hellcat. Tell dodges the knife and twists to get around the man’s blade as he strikes the man with the heaviest part of his chain. The flying man’s battle-scream turns into one of pain he absorbs the chain’s harmful magical energy.

    Grigor again just misses the rope secured to the platform (( Reflex: 1d20+3=12 )).

    Eager to help his friends, Megiddo throws all but a bit of psionically-powered caution to the wind and jumps down the shaft. He crashes into the strange black and purple tower, only just barely managing to avoid breaking his legs (( 21 damage )). The purple veins in the rock begin moving, heading for Megiddo.

    (( After Megiddo’s turn: Map #18: Now includes Grigor and Megiddo’s relative positions, though they are still far above the main action. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-06-02 at 03:41 PM.
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •