Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1140
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor human cleric

    Grigor stands guard as Tell hacks away. But as Tell mumbles something about a 'false' wall. he can't help to comment.

    "... looks real enough to me..."

    Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Night

    Haunor and Eckhard follow Megiddo to the excavation. With a bit of help from the pick, Tell is able to make relatively short work of the wall, tearing an opening large enough for anyone in the group to fit through. Behind the wall, the passage continues on as before for about fifteen feet before turning around a bend.

    (( Map #19 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo will let Tell lead the way.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell motions for someone to hand him one of the magical light sources. He takes it and heads in as the forward scout. He moves slowly aroun the corner and to the north, goes partway up the hallway and covers his light with his hand. He listens.

    move silently - (1d20+0)[16]

    [roll=listen][1d20+10[/roll]
    edit: Listen = 23

    ((chain is out))
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-09-29 at 08:45 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor, human cleric

    Grigor follows Tell, sword at the ready, his own helmet lamp providing illumination. As Tell covers his lamp, Grigor takes the cue and closes the shutter on his own lamp.

    Trying to keep still not to make too much sound with all the metal he wears isn't exactly easy though.

    Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo will follow as well, attempting to remain queit as well.

    Move Silently: (1d20+3)[5]
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Late Night

    Ricar hands Tell his lantern. The present militia members follow Tell, Grigor, and Megiddo down the hallway.

    (( The door to the north hallway is already open. ))

    Just around the hall's bend is a doorway with its open door rotting off its hinges. Further down the hallway are two shadowy shapes moving towards the light. It's hard for Tell and Grigor to make out what they are yet, but they look like some sort of large bird.

    However, Megiddo's keen elf-senses find the light bright enough to recognize the rooster-shaped body with bat-wings and lizard tail as those belonging to the fearsome cockatrice. The wizard also knows of the beasts' dangeorous, petrifying bite. (( Knowledge (arcana): 1d20+19=22 ))

    ((
    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Haunor (23)
    2. Militia (19)
    3. Megiddo (1d20+3=16)
    4. Cockatrices (14)
    5. Ricar (11)
    6. Grigor (1d20=10)
    7. Tell (1d20+3=6)

    ))

    Round 1
    Neither Haunor nor Eckhard are able to see what's going on, but they can tell there's something down the hall. They wait for the others to react.

    "What are those?" Kevril wonders out loud.

    (( Map #21 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    "Cockatrices. Do not allow them to bite you, for they have a venom that will turn you to stone."

    His warning being given, the elf will chant out a few arcane words of power, and with a gesture sends a lash of flame out to strike at the lead cockatrice.

    (1d20+5)[22] to hit vs flat footed touch (since I won initiative on them)
    (4d6)[8] fire damage from scorching ray
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2009-10-04 at 08:23 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Night

    Round 1 (cont.)
    Megiddo shoots jets of flame past Tell at the nearest cockatrice, badly singing its wings.

    The enraged beast lets out a hiss like a half-strangled puma and runs down the hall as fast as it can. It lashes out with its beak at the nearest intruder. Fortunately, Tell is sufficiently armored to defend against even that sharp beak.

    The second cockatrice follows suit, but instead homes in on Grigor. The thing runs into a similar problem as its companion and is unable to get past the cleric's plate.

    Ricar weaves through the spaces between his companions to reach a spot he can see their foes. He casts a spell, unleashing another two bolts of magic upon the singed cockatrice, both striking it square in the breast.

    (( Map #22 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor

    Grigor isn't quite sure what exactly these things are that are bearing down on them, but they sure do look like some sort of abomination.

    And if they were locked behind a false wall for who-know-how long... might as well be.. undead? Either way, it is time to bring down his sword on them, hard!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[25], dmg. (1d10+6)[9]

    And he'll keep two-handing until someone tells him these things turn people to stone .. until then, AC 19...
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    (( Uh, Megiddo, standing just behind Grigor, did say something to Kevril about the petrification. So Grigor probably heard. ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbakka View Post
    "Cockatrices. Do not allow them to bite you, for they have a venom that will turn you to stone."


    In the instant before the battle, a voice in the darkness responds, "Can we harvest it?" It's the druid, who wears a sincerely enthusiastic smile that only the elf can see.


    Tell

    The only response Tell gets is a burst of flame shooting past him, and then the cockatrices are upon him. Tell sets down his lantern on the floor (move action), hoping perhaps it won't break. Then he lays into the nearest cockatrice with both hands on his chain.

    atk - (1d20+6)[15] * (incl. -2 pwr atk)
    edit: =14 dmg (see below) [roll=dmg]2d4+8]/roll] (incl. +4 pwr atk
    (If I can 5' step to get flank with Grigor I will. If so add +2 to my attack please.)

    AoO with reach - (1d20+6)[24] * (incl. -2 pwr atk)
    edit: =13 dmg (see below) [roll=dmg]2d4+8]/roll] (incl. +4 pwr atk)
    (Add +2 to atk if I am flanking please.)
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-10-05 at 10:15 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Spoiler
    Show

    *Sigh*

    Damage: (2d4+8)[14]

    AoO damage: (2d4+8)[13]
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo, being nearly tapped on spells, will delay.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Night

    Round 1 (cont.)
    "Stone?" Kevril says in response to Megiddo's warning. "Shouldn't we be keeping away from them, then?"

    Grigor slices some flesh off the nearest cockatrice. Meanwhile, Tell strikes the already-injured one, and it falls to the ground, lying still.

    Round 2
    Trying to get a better view, Haunor also runs behind Tell and Grigor, careful not to get in their way. He winds up near Ricar, where he can't do much anything else. "What did you say those were?" He asks Megiddo.

    Having heard Megiddo the first time, Eckhard and Kevril watch Grigor and Tell with concern on their faces, seemingly unsure what to do if the remaining monster breaks through the front line.

    Megiddo also watches, waiting to see where he might be of help.

    The surviving cockatrice hisses and quakes with anger at its injury. It lashes out at Grigor again, only to have its beak deflected by steel plate.

    Ricar chants a few arcane syllables and waves his left hand, which is engulfed in a light blue glow. "This will help protect you," he says before reaching out to tap Grigor. The glow washes from Ricar's hand over Grigor for a split second before dissipating. It also leaves a pleasant tingle for a second more.

    (( If you don't trust Ricar (even though the spell feels harmless), Will DC 13 can negate the spell, otherwise…

    Spoiler
    Show
    Grigor gains a +1 resistance bonus to saves until initiative count 11 on round 12.
    ))

    (( Map #23 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor human cleric

    "Thanks, now let us get rid of the other one!"

    While Grigor inwardly still debates the benefits of using his shield (even though the cockatrice mostly attacks his legs where his buckler hardly reaches anyway), his sword arm(s) are in full swing again...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+7)[22], dmg. (1d10+6)[16]
    Totally forgot about the -1 to to-hit for the buckler last time...


    Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2009-10-09 at 11:26 AM.
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell continues to flail the beast with his chain.

    atk - (1d20+6)[7] (incl. -2 pwr atk)
    dmg - (2d4+8)[11] (incl. +4 pwr atk)


    AoO with reach - (1d20+6)[17] (incl. -2 pwr atk)
    dmg - (2d4+8)[13] (incl. +4 pwr atk)
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    "Cockatrices," Megiddo says in reply. (still delaying)
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Night

    Round 2 (cont.)
    Grigor connects with the sword, cutting a large and dangerous gash near the cockatrice's wing joint. Unfortunately, Tell's strike goes wide and misses the beast.

    Round 3
    Being crowded out, Haunor and the militia continue to hold their positions. Megiddo does the same due to his lowered magic and psionic strength.

    Even a severe injury doesn't seem to be enough to drive the cockatrice away. It's mad as all nine Hells and wants to take it out on the one that last hurt it. It almost gets lucky, too, striking near a vulnerable joint in Grigor's armor, but not quite reaching it.

    Ricar casts two more magical bolts at the cockatrice. Both bolts strike its head, and it falls to the ground, twitching.

    (( Map #24 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell, believing that the cockatrices may be just one more distraction from the flight of the real enemy, wastes no time. He snatches up his lantern and leaps over the still-twitching corpse of the bird monster, sprinting down the hall to see more.

    ((I've moved myself one double move. If this doesn't trigger anything feel free to move me to the next room, as that is what I will do next round anyway.))
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo will quickly move after Tell, keeping up with him.

    OOC: in case we are still 'in rounds,' I act immediately after Tell, taking my delayed action.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Evening

    (( Out of combat time ))

    The militia follows Tell and Megiddo down the corridor. At the other end is a room in shambles smashed bits of wooden furniture and torn cloth lie strewn about. In different corners are three piles of cloth and smaller bits of wood that are also laced with river reeds. Just inside the room is a rock in the shape of a gigantic rat head and torso. It appears it may have once had a body that has since been smashed or crumbled away.

    It sounds to Tell like something may be moving around somewhere just to the north. (( Listen:
    1d20+10=18 ))

    (( Map #26 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Tell

    Tell silently points to the north, indicating he heard something. He then dashes up with his chain ready.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I've moved a single move to my current map location, which should allow me to strike anything in range - around the corner or just past the table - before it can run away.

    Obviously, if it looks like an innocent prisoner/civilian cancel the attack below.

    attack - (1d20+8)[16] note: if target is human, I subtract 2 for pwr attack and add 2 for bane, leaving the attack roll unchanged.

    damage - (2d4+4)[6] note: if target is human, add (2d6+4)[11] damage for bane and power attack.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor human cleric

    "Well, that takes care of those..." mumbles Grigor as the second cockatrice goes down. As the others rush ahead, Grigor takes a moment to remember how he 'inherited' his armour from a luckles paladin who had fallen prey to shadows. Hopefully his soul was put to rest when he and his old friends destroyed the shadows.

    Pulling himself together, Grigor sets out to keep up with his fellows. Certainly these two beasties were not all the danger awaiting in this corridor.

    Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 9, Early Night

    The rest of the group follows Tell's direction. The next room is full of smashed furniture and scattered moldy bedding material. In a corner, rummaging through the mess is another cockatrice. It ignores the approaching footsteps but not the light. At this it turns and lets out a hellcat-shriek.

    (( Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Militia (20)
    2. Cockatrice (18)
    3. Grigor (
      1d20=17)
    4. Megiddo (1d20+3=16)
    5. Ricar (14)
    6. Tell (
      1d20+3=12)
    7. Haunor (11)
    ))

    Round 1
    Eckhard and Kevril cautiously step forward, weapons at the ready.

    The cockatrice quickly moves towards the nearest target—Kevril. Both he and Eckhard attack as soon as the beast is in reach, but it ducks under the blades and tears at Kevril's thigh. The venom acts immediately, casting Kevril in a gray pallor as his skin stiffens. Within a few seconds, all that remains of the young militia member is a granite statue.

    "Kev!" Eckhard shouts. "No!"

    (( New Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Militia (18+)
    2. Cockatrice (18)
    3. Grigor (1d20=17)
    4. Megiddo (1d20+3=16)
    5. Ricar (14)
    6. Tell (
      1d20+3=12)
    7. Haunor (11)
    ))

    (( Map #28 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Spoiler
    Show

    Was Kevril the mage? I can't keep these guys straight.


    Tell

    Tell circles around the table, not looking directly at the petrified militiaman, perhaps uncomfortable witrh the sight. Once in position he attacks with his chain.

    attack - (1d20+8)[26] incl. +2 flank, -2 pwr atk
    damage - (2d4+8)[14] incl. +4 pwr atk

    AoO if needed (10' inclusive reach):
    attack - (1d20+8)[25] incl. +2 flank, -2 pwr atk
    damage - (2d4+8)[13] incl. +4 pwr atk
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Grigor, human cleric

    Grigor curses mightily as he witnesses the young man being petrified.

    "Stay back! That thing will have a hard time getting through my greaves and mail!"

    Shoving his way past Tell and Megiddo, Grigor swings at the cockatrice, hoping to land a decisive blow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to 46,25 - Attack two-handed [roll]1d20+7[roll], dmg. (1d10+6)[12]


    Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

    Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathous: Planting 8, Early Night

    Round 1 (cont.)
    The cockatrice barely dodges Grigor's attack.

    (( Map #30; Tell temporarily moved back to starting position until his turn. His intended move still saved at Map #29 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Megiddo will draw his sword, and take a defensive posture. (full dodge)
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Shhalahr Windrider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    By a River
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

    Moathouse: Planting 8, Early Night

    Round 1 (cont.)
    Megiddo takes up a defensive stance.

    A look of shock on his normally placid face, Ricar steps forward and hurls more magical bolts at the cockatrice.

    Tell circles around the beast and nearly takes its head of with his chain.

    "Eckhard!" Haunor shouts as he grabs Eckhard by the shoulders. "Do as this one says!"

    Round 2
    Eckhard follows his superior's orders and withdraws from the battle, a look of ambivalence spread across his face.

    The cockatrice turns its attention on Tell in retaliation for its injury. The druid, however, is quick enough to dodge.

    (( Map #31 ))
    Why are things all… blocky? And what’s with this pickaxe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •