New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3e] Taking Creative Build Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Zovc View Post
    Request 106(?)
    I'd like to see a character who uses a whip effectively. Not threatening squares makes it hard to do anything impressive with a whip, it seems to me.

Feel free to use any 'whip variant' so long as it maintains the whip's reach of 15-feet.

Beyond using a whip, the character can be any party role. I'm picturing either a fighter-controller type or a skillmonkey who uses the whip to maintain a safe distance.
    Straight from Dictum Mortum's Duskblade Handbook - a burst damager, primarily designed to kill mooks, though, it's probably not what you imagined, it actually seems to be pretty cool.
    Spoiler
    Show

Human Duskblade 20

Duskblade 1 Abberation Blood, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip)
    Duskblade 2 Combat Casting
    Duskblade 3 Inhuman Reach
    Duskblade 4
    Duskblade 5
    Duskblade 6 Power Attack
    Duskblade 7
    Duskblade 8
    Duskblade 9 Arcane Strike
    Duskblade 10
    Duskblade 11
    Duskblade 12 Cleave
    Duskblade 13
    Duskblade 14
    Duskblade 15 Great Cleave
    Duskblade 16
    Duskblade 17
    Duskblade 18 Open / Extra Spell
    Duskblade 19
    Duskblade 20

Weapon: +1 Whirling Whip-Dagger(or, if that's not possible, just an ordinary whip)

If you're fine with 3.0 material, here's an Indiana Jones'esque character, capable of holding his own in a fight for you, made by myself:
    Spoiler
    Show

Human Barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Lasher 8/Exotic Weapon Master 3/Crusader 2/Warblade 2/Swordsage 1

Ability Scores: High Strength, High Dexterity, Decent Intelligence, Decent Constitution.

Barbarian 1 Jotunbrud or Extra Rage, Education, Whirling Frenzy ACF, Spiritual Lion Totem ACF
    Fighter 1 Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Whip
    Fighter 2 Knowledge Devotion, Combat Reflexes
    Fighter 3
    Fighter 4 Weapon Focus: Whip
    Lasher 1 Power Attack
    Lasher 2 Improved Trip
    Lasher 3
    Lasher 4 Knock-Down
    Lasher 5
    Lasher 6 Improved Disarm
    Lasher 7 Robilar's Gambit
    Lasher 8
    Exotic Weapon Master 1 Flurry of Strikes Stunt
    Exotic Weapon Master 2 Defensive Sweep, Uncanny Blow Stunt
    Exotic Weapon Master 3 Trip Attack Stunt
    Crusader 1
    Crusader 2 Craven
    Warblade 1
    Swordsage 1

All in all, the build gets 4 additional attacks when in rage, it's penalty, pretty much, negated by Knowledge Devotion, with 19 BAB ending up with 8 attacks per round, also dealing x2 strength damage instead of x1.5. With flaws availible, both Extra Rage and Jotunbrud are recommended. Has pounce, 9th level maneuvers and has decent versatility outside of combat. A good trick on AoO's would be to trip your opponent and use your additional attack due to Improved Trip to disarm him = total humiliation. Overall, a fun build to play, IMO.
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-07-24 at 07:28 PM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Request 107

A two weapon claw fighter, might like to use poisons, might like to flurry, bonus points if you can add stealthy and athletic shenanigans into the mix.

His backstory is he's an ex-monk (levels in monk aren't entirely necessary, but martial artist and far eastern flavor is) who used to run with this rogue type that taught him how to use poisons, and so he got on the bad side of the law for a while, but now he's surviving on his own looking to perfect his art/fighting style.

The claws aren't really that important, I'm sure any number of different weapons would work fine, but the flavor is what matters.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

Question Re: [3e] Taking Creative Build Requests

I need an OP caharacter of a non-standard race optimized to go with a party that is way too caster heavy. Also, My DM does not allow Psionics.
    Last edited by alaalba_123; 2010-10-22 at 05:44 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I can assure you that cultural depictions of dating are a trap, never trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto! View Post
    I show him where the door is, crumple his character sheet, scatter his dice across the floor, jump on the table and shriek "Out! Out, UNCLEAN ONE!" before collapsing on the floor in tremors, gibbering unearthly blasphemies in a tongue long lost to human ears.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

A Naruto style ninja. Not the realistic stealthy ninja who wear black..no...I am looking for a naruto style shinobi who kicks stealth to the curb and instead relies on magic spells("Jutsu" is the proper term, but they are basically spells)and can be good at martial arts at the same time. Bonus points if you can find a way to simulate "Kekki Genkai" or even sealed beasts.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post

A Naruto style ninja. Not the realistic stealthy ninja who wear black..no...I am looking for a naruto style shinobi who kicks stealth to the curb and instead relies on magic spells("Jutsu" is the proper term, but they are basically spells)and can be good at martial arts at the same time. Bonus points if you can find a way to simulate "Kekki Genkai" or even sealed beasts.
    This thread has stats for many of the most important/popular characters, you can rip off a build or get some ideas...IIRC there is even stats for both the Kyubi and the Shukaku
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post

Warlock/Shou Disciple

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by alaalba_123 View Post
    I need an OP caharacter of a non-standard race optimized to go with a party that is way too caster heavy. Also, My DM does not allow Psionics.
    From 339's "A Look Into the Potential of Stormguard Warrior"
    Fighter 4/Warblade 1/Crusader5/Knight 10 - A very interesting option. "Thicket of Blades" combined with the Knight's already impressive lockdown abilities is scary.
    Any LA+0 race works, though the larger characters have a marked advantage.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

a ECL 10 creature with at least five templates and either a base race with +2 RHD or LA, that at the final result retains its original type.
    Last edited by DrWeird; 2010-10-22 at 12:32 PM.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

Fighter 4/Warblade 1/Crusader5/Knight 10 - A very interesting option. "Thicket of Blades" combined with the Knight's already impressive lockdown abilities is scary.
    Could you give me feat optimization and what levels to take what class to get maximum effect? My group OP's in every direction. I have trouble keeping my power level equivalent with my druid. It just breaks all of DnD.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I can assure you that cultural depictions of dating are a trap, never trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto! View Post
    I show him where the door is, crumple his character sheet, scatter his dice across the floor, jump on the table and shriek "Out! Out, UNCLEAN ONE!" before collapsing on the floor in tremors, gibbering unearthly blasphemies in a tongue long lost to human ears.