New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Autumn-DragonLance II

((The down pot is the one Lagri, Bryce and Hector were in and is about 40 feet down from the upper floor. The up pot with the 6 dragon men is about 250 feet lower than the upper floor and is below Lagri.))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hector

Hector is a bit startled to find the kender suddenly wrapping her arms around his waist - startled and wary, in fact. "You know, I really don't think we should let them escape," he tells the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    We were climbing to get back to the upper platform, with the others.
    SpotCheck - (1d20-1)[7]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

The barbarian looks between his departing pot-mates and the recently vacated platform of dragonmen.

"For vat?" he wonders aloud. Accustomed to mainlanders acting oddly, he shrugs.

"Trow me halberd, da!? Un my fishink net!" he calls after Hector and Bryce.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-09-05 at 03:57 PM.
    A post about nothing.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Hector's comment brings a grimace to Pearl's lips.

"It's not that I disagree, but I can't event see them, let alone stop them. Any ideas?"

Pearl stops herself from sending another arrow after the two ineffective ones she's already loosed. She calls down to Lagri (and, perhaps, Bryce).

"Without a counterweight, we're not going to be able to start up the pots again. We can lower a rope to secure you as you climb the chain, if you want. Wouldn't your halberd just get the way of climbing?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Not to be imposed upon by his position, Lagri hollers back up the well quizzically.

"Vat significance zis vord 'koonter-veits'? Eef ve are followink zese dragonmen, brink me bag past corner. Is vit thrall Wleric in hall. Many rope insides!"

Spoiler
    Show
    It just occurred to me that Vleric may begin Va-leric as well as Vh-leric.

And that in either case, Lagri would pronounce it Wleric.
    A post about nothing.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

Bryce continues climbing up the chain.

Spoiler
    Show

Climb: (1d20-4)[11]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

What Lagri has in mind becomes a tiny bit clearer in Pearl's mind. She calls down to him.

"If you think that I'm shimmying down hundreds of feet of chain, towards a bunch of dragon men who know that we're coming, and also dealing with your thrall up here, you've got another thing coming."

There is steel in her voice that belies her youth.

"Now start climbing."
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-09-06 at 09:51 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hector

Hector glanced at Pearl. He had been willing to climb down that chain. "So... we'll need another way down."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Lagri bites his lip as he looks up. He squats ready to jump and bellows up.

"HA, is children playink, this!"

Lagri leaps onto the chain, swinging arm over arm in a mad grapple upward. He doesn't bother to secure his legs, holding on by his tethered hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb:(1d20+4)[19]
    A post about nothing.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Hector doesn’t spot anything, but, Tygerlilly is down towards the long hallway, busy counting something… The gully dwarves are getting more curious by the moment and the group hasn’t whipped them or beat them, so they creep closer to congregate around the group. One, pushed by the others, daringly pulls on Pearl’s sleeve, What you want? Why you stop pots? She or he is happier to have the dragon men stuck down below away from them, but, the others want to know.

Bryce makes it up and then Lagri makes it up to the top of the swinging chain. They come out of the hole and everyone is back together.

---------- Round 10 ----------

Kalrin 22
    Lagri 22 (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 7 – from jumping)
    Gneiss 14
    Hector 14 (nonlethal dam: 1 – from jumping)
    Bryce 4 (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 2 – from falling)
    Pearl
    Tygerlilly
    Dragon men - 6 more at the bottom somewhere
    Ogre (dead)

((jumping down requires a jump check and a balance check. The ‘down’ pot – gully dwarves. The ‘up’ pot – nothing))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin squats down to look the gully dwarf face to face. "A big rock to drop on the scaly men. Think you can help me?"
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Lagru pulls himself over the well's edge, stooping to pick up his halberd and run back down the hallway. He picks up his satchel and drags back Vleric's body.

"Make hurry," he chides over his shoulder as he props Vleric against the wall just right of the well, "Zis metal vizardry is wery angerink mina."
    A post about nothing.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl crouches alongside Kalrin to speak with the bold gully dwarf.

"Friend, we have a very important meeting with the Highbulb. Highbulp. And we don't want the dragon-men getting in the way of that.

"Now, if the dragon-men are using you as counterweights..."

She watches the gully dwarf's eyes glaze over, and hastily rephrases.

"Use dwarvesto make one pot go down when they want to go up. But that means that there must be some other way for you to come back up here, to be ready to go down again. Can you tell us about that? And show us where it is?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-09-07 at 04:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

The gully dwarf looks at Kalrin, You want rock? Big rock? She looks expectantly at him.

Lagri climbs the rest of the way up and collects his reluctant thrall from the far end of the corridor.

She looks confusedly between Pearl and Kalrin, Which you want? Rock? or down?

--------------------

Kalrin
    Lagri (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 7 – from jumping)
    Gneiss
    Hector (nonlethal dam: 1 – from jumping)
    Bryce (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 2 – from falling)
    Pearl
    Tygerlilly

((jumping down requires a jump check and a balance check. The ‘down’ pot – gully dwarves. The ‘up’ pot – nothing))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

"They'll be long gone by now, Kalrin," Gneiss interjects, putting the crossbow away again. His stubby fingers caress the hilts of his blades as he watches Lagri dragging Vleric up to the chamber with the rest of the group: he trusts the dragon-man not at all, "thrall" or no.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #46

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

The knight clears his throat before interjecting into the discussion. "We need to move quickly. Those dragon-men who got away will sound the alert, and this place is going to be crawling with dragon-men searching for us soon. We need to get..." Bryce trails off. He was about to say "the Disks," but somehow it didn't seem wise to talk to freely around the gully dwarves. They weren't malicious, just greedy and stubborn, and their helpfulness might soon dry up if they knew the value of what the party was looking for. "...what we came here to find as soon as possible," he finished, a little lamely.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl lifts her hands in front of her face to try to control the gully dwarf's attention. She strives to keep her voice level and calm as others start to interject.

"We want down. Not with the pots. Can you help us? How else can we get down?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-09-09 at 09:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

She scratches her head, You not want rocks? You want down there? Why? She tilts her head to one side and scratches the hair on her chin. Other gully dwarves start crowding around. Dragon down there, she not nice. You nice.

Tygerlilly pops back over and she gets on her belly and stares down the hole in floor. That chain is calling to her with a loud voice. She continues to stare down and asks, Why can't we climb down? I think it would be great fun. I'm sure I could make it all the way. She reaches out with one hand toward the huge chain, but she can't quite reach it and she starts scooting towards it, trying to not fall into the hole. After all, it is a long way down.

--------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    Kalrin
    Lagri (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 7 – from jumping)
    Gneiss
    Hector (nonlethal dam: 1 – from jumping)
    Bryce (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 2 – from falling)
    Pearl
    Tygerlilly

Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl calls upon the patience that comes from hours and hours of doing exactly the same movements over and over again. She turns to Tygerlily.

"There are dragon-men at the bottom of that chain, and they'll be waiting for us. If they have bows, it might be very easy for them to get us as we climb down."

She turns back to the gully dwarf.

"Thank you for the warning about the dragon. I - I don't think we're all that eager to meet her either. But just in case...how do you get back up from down there?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

As Pearl continues her exchange with the gully dwarf, something about the interaction tugs at Gneiss's memory. With a start, he remembers the Aghar who had led them here from the floor above. "Where's Tunka, and the rest of her crew?" he blurts. "Tygerlilly, did you see where they went when the fight started?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Oh… Yeah, you’re right, I don’t think I want to be a pin cushion quite yet. Tygerlilly looks one last time down the hole before she backs up. She gets up and brushes off her bright clothing. The gully dwarves? She pulls on her top knot, Well, they kinda all look the same. I think? they ended up in one of those side areas in the hall?

The gully dwarf in front of Pearl looks at her in earnest, You want down. There are pots? She peers over at them, But, they no work. She’s working through the logic, We no go up through other way, we slide down! She raises her arms and grins at Pearl.

Tygerlilly watches this with interest, Really? Sliding down? That sounds like great fun!

The other gully dwarves repeat the name Tunka and there’s a lot of shuffling and moving around as the name gets passed around.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

"SLIDE DOWN!?," Lagri hollers incredulously. The barbarian strides toward the talkative gully dwarf, engulfing her in a ironclad bear hug.

"I LOFE LEETLE HALF-MAN-VOMAN! Each time I say like thing is alvays, 'Lagri, zat is su-ey-side' or 'LAGRI, hyu'll get us all keeled!'"
    A post about nothing.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

She'd rather hoped for a spiral staircase. Perhaps a ladder. But...a slide. Well, it couldn't be SO steep a slide, right? Since the dwarves have to climb back up it.

Could it?

Pearl waits for the Lagri cyclone to subside, and speaks softly.

"Um. Lagri. I share your happiness, but we should probably not yell anything about where we're going, in case the sound carries."

She gestures to the open hole, and frowns apologetically.

"And...now perhaps we can put the nice lady down so she can show us where the slide is?"

Pearl picks her bow up off of the ground, and does a quick head count to make sure that no one had wandered off.

Spoiler
    Show
    LotD, do you have any idea how much grapefruit juice hurts when you expel it through your nose? I hate you.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Lagri's outburst draws the dwarf's attention: anything that makes that maniac so happy just has to be bad news. It takes him a moment to figure out what the others are talking about, as he hadn't been following the conversation; when he catches up, he can hardly believe what he's hearing. "Slide down?" he asks dubiously. "Did you see how far down that is? But I guess if these gullies can do it, we can too," he sighs.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin chuckles to himself at Lagri's reaction. Nevertheless, he's interested too. "Do you think you could take us to the slide little one?We need to see the Highbulp."
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly bounds over, leaving the two holes and pots behind. The poor gully dwarf that Lagri is hugging is squirming in his grasp. She isn’t sure what’s going on, but she wants down! She tries to bite Lagri to let her go. The other gully dwarves nod, We go!

Spoiler
    Show

Half of the gully dwarves head south, half of the gully dwarves go east.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #57

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

"Lagri, why don't you put your new friend down so she can tell us which direction we need to go to get to this slide?" Bryce suggests.

He leans over to Hector. "A steel piece says that we're going to regret taking directions from gully dwarves," he whispers.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Lagri releases his hold on the gully dwarf without ceremony, simply dropping her. With a look of contentment, he drags his pack and hostage after the dwarf.
    A post about nothing.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Simply relieved that no one is shouting at or punching each other, Pearl gathers up any leftover belongings - including the lantern that she'd dropped back in the hallway - and hurries after the Aghar.

As the gully dwarves start to split, Pearl turns to her companions.

"Might just be multiple paths to the same destination. Gneiss, could you take Lagri, Hector and Kalrin and follow the group turning right? Bryce, Tygerlily and I will stick with this lot going straight."

Barring further discussion, Pearl lifts her lantern high, and proceeds east.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Gneiss looks askance at Pearl. "Sure, saddle me with the crazy ones," he says in mock-complaint. "Fine, fine. Let's get on with it, then." He waves Hector, Kalrin, and Lagri over and sets out behind the Aghar taking the southern hallway.