New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Autumn-DragonLance II

Really? A whirlpool, that's a cool way to say it. I narrowly escaped from being pulled down the clutching tendrils of the whirlpool. I barely made it around the edge with the mud and water sucking at my wonderful boots. Sweet!

Over the sound of Tygerlilly, Gneiss hears voices ahead. When he pauses to listen, he hears several arguing voices, This way, we go this way!

No, we go that way, that way is up!

No, we go down!

We go down?

Yes, down!

Okay... we go down.

The voices are coming from a room nearby. The hallway goes off into the darkness and there is a doorway off to the right side about 1/2 half way up the hallway.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Gneiss stops in his tracks at the sound of strange voices. He holds up one hand to call for silence as he glides forward each footfall placed carefully. His other hand goes to his belt, checking his weapons to be sure they'll come free on a heartbeat's notice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+8)[21]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[26]
    Hide: (1d20+7)[12]
    Move Silently: (1d20+7)[11]

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss creeps closer, the voices become more familiar... He cautiously peeks around a corner and there's a gaggle of gully dwarves in the room.

Tygerlilly stops and is quiet for a moment while Gneiss does his investigating.

The gully dwarves seem intent on trying to figuring out if they want to go up or down. One of them is insisting they go down.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

With a quiet sigh of relief, Gneiss straightens up and beckons the rest of the group forward. "Hello in there," he calls softly, trying not to startle the gullies any more than he has to.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Come here my little friend," Kalrin beckons to Tigerlilly, removing the mud from her after he does his own clothing via prestidigitation. "Anyone else need some cleaning?"
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl imagines the amount of time spent scrubbing metal plates and leather bands that would be eliminated if she could just get clean now, and almost leaps at Kalrin.

"Oh, me next! Me next! And if the next way down involves jumping into a garbage chute, I'm just going back to Solace for some of Otik's potatoes."

She smiles, a bit weakly.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hector

The mention of Otik's potatoes made Hector's stomach grumble loudly. He sighed heavily. "Please, Pearl. This is torture."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Trudging forward without concern, the hidebound soles of Lagri's boots stay watertight.

"Cleanink? Is Lördag... I mean, how hyu say, sixth day, already?"

Lagri meanders forward with Gneiss. The half-man was particularly good at finding things to fight.
    A post about nothing.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

The gully dwarves all jump and turn towards the doorway. They cower away from him, Please, please don’t hurt us, we’ll behave.

One of them suddenly runs forward to attach to Gneiss’ leg. She looks up at him, You not hurt, you nice.

Out in the hallway, Tygerlilly is distracted by Kalrin’s offer, Oh, please? Yes! She watches him carefully as he performs the magic and she’s fascinated and jumps up and down once she’s clean. Oh, thank you, thank you. She gives him a big hug before she runs down the hallway after the others.

Gneiss is standing in the doorway with Lagri and Vleric coming up behind. The other gully dwarves stare at the one attached to Gneiss and all of them suddenly crowd forward, trying to get to him. The others suddenly see gully dwarves spilling from the doorway.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl quietly runs through the list of knightly virtues under her breath. Repeating "Patience and Understanding to all" several times, just in case.

However, that didn't mean having to put herself in the line of fire with soggy armour. She'd wait until after Kalrin had finished with her to try to rescue Gneiss.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

"Back leetle, dirty haf-men! Back!" Lagri orders, waving around his dragonman captive like a hound on a leash as he wades in to Gneiss' rescue.

The barbarian grasps for one of the gully dwarf and drags it up by the collar. He barks in the feeble humanoid's face, "Stay focus-ed! Tell me! Vere is down?!"
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-11-01 at 10:33 PM.
    A post about nothing.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

"I'll gladly take you up on the offer, Kalrin," Bryce says, grinning. "Anything to put off spending more time with gully dwarves."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Gneiss squeezes his eyes shut and summons up all the patience he can muster when the first Aghar latches onto his leg. "Is that Tunka?" he asks through gritted teeth. "Hello again." His eyes open wide again at the sound of the other gullies rushing forward, though, and he stumbles back from the doorway with a sinking heart.

The form "rescue" takes when it appears, though, is equally dismaying - especially when the big southerner grabs one of the gully dwarves by the neck and starts screaming questions. "Thank you, Lagri, that's enough! Now put him down!" Gneiss yells.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

The gully dwarves shriek and tumble away as Lagri wades in with a captive Vleric. Vleric is more than happy to kick at the little dwarves. The dwarf that Lagri picks up shrieks and cowers as best he can, blubbering, Don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, over and over again. Vleric finds the gully dwarf’s reaction rather funny.

Tunka happily nods to Gneiss, Yes, Tunka, me Tunka, you friend! She hugs tightly to him to avoid being noticed by Lagri or Vleric.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin tends to the cleaning of his companion's apparel and then Moves up to find Gneiss and Lagri.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

16. - Top - End - #196

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

Clean for the first time in much too long, Bryce sighs. "I guess we'd better go and rescue Gneiss. Who knows what Lagri's managed to get him into." With that, he follows Kalrin after the dwarf and barbarian.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

The icefolk drops the gully dwarf unceremoniously. He nudges Vleric with his elbow and chuckles for a moment before mustering a straight face and turning on the diminutive mob.

"Vere are ve?" he booms.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-11-03 at 01:43 AM.
    A post about nothing.

18. - Top - End - #198

Hector

"Something funny, I bet," Hector says in response to Bryce. He follows the knight into the gully-dwarf filled area and grins widely when he notices Gneiss is covered by the dirty little folks.

"Oh, hey there!" he calls out loudly before crouching toward the ground. "We've missed you, little dwarves. Come and say hi."

Mentally building up his patience for the incoming flow of scared gullies, Hector casts a meaningful glance at Gneiss. The things I'd do for friends...

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

The gully dwarves stare at Lagri and they all try to keep Gneiss between them and Lagri, when Hector offers a few kind words, half of them run over to hide behind him. No one answers Lagri’s question. Tygerlilly bounces up and instantly they’re attempting to hide behind her as well. She laughs a little and turns around to greet them and they jabber to her in a confusing babble of words. This activity leaves Lagri and Vleric in a void with Tunka clinging to Gneiss.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl is so grateful to Kalrin for the cleaning that words fail her.

"I...It's...you...this...thank you."

Duty calls, however, and she trots forward to try to help out Gneiss. En route, she murmurs up to Lagri.

"There's a dragon in these caverns, somewhere. Wouldn't you like some control over when and where we meet it? Maybe we can cut back on the bellowing for a while."

Not waiting for a response - which would, no doubt, be loud - Pearl heads over to Gneiss. Crouching close, she smiles at Tunka.

"Well, what a relief that you've found us! Thank you for your bravery. Are you ready to continue as our guide?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Tunka looks up at Gneiss and back at Pearl. She nods enthusiastically. Sure, me help. She isn't willing to let go of Gneiss quite yet. The other gully dwarves are hiding behind various members of the party or they ducked back into the room they came from.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl takes a deep breath, and glances back at the others.

"All right. So. From where we are right now, can you point in the direction of the dragon?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Tunka gives her a confused look, Dragon is Down! To emphasize, she points down to the floor.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl breathed a small sigh of relief. It would be useful to try to actually talk with the others and form some kind of "in case we stumble across a great big freaking dragon" emergency plan before they, you know, ran into a great big freaking dragon.

"Thank you, Tunka. Now, you promised to take us to the Highbulp. How would we get there?"

25. - Top - End - #205

RedWizardGuy

Bryce
    Gully dwarves, Bryce thinks to himself, why couldn't it have been something more manageable, like a basilisk? Still, at least they're not kender, thank Huma. Gods know where our belongings would end up if they were. Grinning wryly at Hector, he shakes his head. "Why do I have the feeling that it's going to be a long time before things are boring for us again?" he asks.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Tunka nods again and releases one arm so she can point further down the hallway. We go that way to Highbulp! The other gully dwarves nod, although none of them move. They're worried about what Lagri and the Dragon man might do and want to avoid them.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl glanced around at the others. Well, at least Tunka wasn't attached to Gneiss anymore. She'd take her victories where she could. The would-be knight shrugged at the others.

"Unless you've got a better idea..."

It was clear from her voice that Pearl rather hoped that one of them did. Failing an epiphany of brilliance from one of the men, she turned with resignation towards the flapping feet of Tunka, drew her sword, and followed.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

After another wary look at Lagri and Vleric, Tunka releases Gneiss and remains as far away from those two as she can. She goes down the corridor and after a few moments, several other gully dwarves follow her, the rest mill around uncertainly, they don’t necessarily want to follow. Finally, Tunka turns and imperiously motions to the others. They start following her and staying as far as they can from Lagri and Vleric. She leads the way.

The buildings that once lined this street have toppled against one another, forming a rough arch of marble over the cobblestone street. The place is still but tense, like the nave of a haunted cathedral. Doors and shutters of the shops yawn into the street, as though the buildings had exploded from the inside.

Tygerlilly peers into windows and doors as they pass, skipping from one to the next. She doesn’t see much of interest and doesn’t pause to go inside.

The street emerges from arched buildings into a plaza. Massive pillars, now cracked and crumbling, strain beneath the weight of the rock ceiling. Water from the street rushes into a river flowing north from the south wall toward a steady roar of water. Across the plaza river, blackened steel doors stand in the face of a solid, square structure.

((wading across the river requires a STR check))

The area is about 50 ft by 45ft and the river flows south to north with the doors on the other side of the river from where you are. Tunka stops and points northwest, the direction the river is flowing, We go that way, down.

The other gully dwarves swarm ahead and disappear into the gloom. They seem to know where they are going. Tunka looks up at Pearl...

((If you wish to stop and investigate any of the rooms, post your interest))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

[pausing any actions to give the others time to comment.]

Pearl looks nervously at the river, and the fact that it's flowing somewhere doesn't make her feel any more comfortable.

"Ah, Tunka? Can you describe to me what happens to this water on the way to...to the place where you get out of the water again?"

30. - Top - End - #210

Hector

Hector can't help but snicker at Bryce's comment, before answering it with one of his typically ultra-large smile. "Would you have it any other way?"

When they arrive at the river, however, his mirth dims a bit. "Do we always have to get wet?"