New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Memesville II - Memes? In MY Structured? (Game Thread)

How do I started game?
    ~Ancient Internet Proverb

I see what you did there.
    ~Ancient Philosopher on the above quote

I don't.
    ~Ancient Slowpoke

Memesville II

At least 100 years ago, thanks to the miracle of time compression, there was a battle. A battle that RAGEd from the beautiful horrifying handy time-wasting unique land that is the Internet, all the way through to the Outernet.

It was a battle fought between the Memes, seeking to defend their homeland, Memesville, and Teh H4xx0rz, who did it for the lulz. The Memes, after having been defeated, fled their homeland and founded a new village in the Internet's mainland.

Celebrating the memorial of this battle, a concert is given out in honor of the lost Memes.

"I LOVE MEMESVILLE!!!" shouts the band's main singer. The crowd goes insane.

"MEMESVILLE IS THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!"

(One hour later.)

"....THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!" The crowd is still insane.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile.

A guard turns around and is met with a strike from a blunt weapon. A baseball bat. Which would make "strike" a bit odd. Stealing the man's keys, the group sneaks into the building.

The main room is full of computer screens, security camera screens, television screens and sun screens. Teh H4xx0rz decisively make their way through to the main control board.

The man in the suit, who'd been walking with his hands behind his back, looks at the console, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cigar. He smells it, puts it in his mouth, and finally lights it. Taking a puff, he then turns to his followers.

"Gentlemen," he says.

"Yes?" replies one.

".....nothing. Just acknowledging you."

"Oh."

The man with the hidden face looks at the console again, and begins to work. After pushing a load of keys, he turns around. The group walks out.

"Let us proceed," he says as he lights another cigar and puts it in his mouth as well.

-------------------------------------------------

The large screen in the concert goes blank for a moment, then flashes a message:

"I'm in ur Memesville killin ur DOODZ!"
    ~Anonymous
    The unplanned spontaneous a splosion from the building a few blocks down was enough for the Memes to know the battle was beginning yet again.

tl; dr:
    Teh H4xx0rz have invaded Memesville.

Day 1 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

---------------------------------

Werewolf Rules for Beginners
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolf Games, commonly abbreviated as WW, are strategy games, where the players have to lie, trick, deceive and backstab as much as they possibly can.

The basic procedure is like this: Werewolf players are given a role via Private Message. This role is secret and is only known to the player and the narrators. The premise is to keep that role secret from the rest of the players.

There are two basic teams: The Wolves and the Villagers. The Villagers have as their winning condition to find out who among them are Wolves. Since everyone's role is a secret, it takes a while of guesswork and strategy to manage this. The Wolves, on the other hand, have as their goal to hide among the Villagers and make the villagers suspect each other while surviving until they eliminate enough villagers so that the villager number equals their own.

The game is divided in two Phases: The Day Phase and the Night Phase. During the Day Phase, everyone, Wolves and Villagers alike, point at someone to vote on who is going to be lynched that day. As a general rule, this is done by writing the person's name in red text. The player with the most votes will be lynched, that is to say eliminated from the game. After a player is lynched, his role, which had been kept secret, will be revealed. Day Phases usually last 48 hours.

The Night Phase is for stuff that happens under the table. Some people have roles other than simple "Villager" and "Wolf". I'll get to the specific roles in a moment. People with these special roles usually have "night actions" that require targeting a certain player. This is done by PM'ing the narrator with the action. During the Night Phase, the wolves also send in an action to kill one player of their choice. The Player's death is announced at the end of a Night Phase, along with his role, and then the Next Day Phase starts. Night Phases usually last 24 hours.

On Power Roles: As mentioned before there are several Roles. "Wolf" and "Villager" are the most basic of roles, but games usually include more. The most common power roles are:
    A Seer, who sends in an action every night to the narrator to "scry" another player, one per night. The narrator will tell the Seer what role that player has.
    A Baner, who protects one person from being killed each night.
    A Fool, who is told he is the Seer, but actually gets results for scries at random.
    A Devil, who is the Seer for the Wolf Team.
    The Masons who are a group of Villagers who start off knowing each other's roles. (They're all working together.)
    Occasionally, there is an Alpha, which is the leader of the wolves, who cannot be scried by the seer, and picks the wolf team in some games.

There are other roles out there, but these are the ones you'll most likely see in any given game.

Those are the rules of the Classic Werewolf game (though the actual Werewolf Classic does not include an Alpha, I just included it because it's present in most games). Usually, however, games have several variations and other roles. The special roles and variations for this game are defined below in the Roles section.

In another note: Players must point every day, they cannot abstain. If a player fails to vote for two days in a row (depending on the game and narrator), he or she will be automatically disqualified. This is known as an Auto-lynch.

When a player is Lynched, Killed, or Auto'd, his death is announced, he is removed, and his role is made public. While players are allowed (and encouraged) to communicate with each other outside the main thread by PM or IM, Dead Players cannot be contacted and cannot attempt to influence the game in any way.

On cheating:
    Different narrators have different definitions of what constitutes as cheating in their games. However, there are some actions that are considered cheating by most rules and should be avoided.
    A) Requesting or bullying other players into forwarding the PM with their role from the narrators. After long discussion in WW Central, the general concensus was that this is considered cheating.
    B) Likewise, using your role PM as proof of your identity. Your Role PM serves for one purpose only: to tell you your role. Not to tell it to everyone else.
    C) Attempting to help your team after dying. Within the universe of the game, dead players are DEAD. Dead men tell no tales. Eliminated players who attempt to provide information or to influence the voting or night actions in the game are cheating.
    D) Attempting to extract information from dead players. Just as dead players cannot interfere with the game, living players cannot try to use them to obtain data, e.g., "Hey, you were the seer, right? Can you tell me who was scried?" or "You were a mason, weren't you? Can you get me in contact with the others?".

That explains the basics of Werewolf Games. I hope you enjoy this game!

Roles

Spoiler
    Show
    Teh H4xx0rz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anonymous (Alpha): Still seeking to dominate the Internet, Anonymous has returned with a new group of villains to end this war once and for all. Because of his unknown identity, he Scries as a Meme.

Milhouse (Beast): He's not a Meme. After repeated failed attempts to be accepted as part of the Meme community, Milhouse now seeks revenge. When killed or lynched, Milhouse will select a player to take down with him.

Count Vlad Tepes Dracula (Devil): A Vampire, and in no way a sparkly one. This creature of the night has the ability to sneak around in order to find out each person's identity.

Gentlemen (Wolves):
    Anon's closest followers. They will die for him. Basic Wolf role.

Teh Memes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Memes: The basic villager role, citizens of Memesville These memes have been nurtured and grown in strict environments. They have not come this far just to fail.

Courage Wolf (Baner): “Nothing's gonna stand in your way! Not tonight!”, “Better to die on your feet than live on your knees!”, “I'm not wearing hockey pads!” Being a source of inspiration for many young memes, the Courage Wolf's sole prescence inspires bravery and protects people from giving up and dying.

Ceiling Cat (Seer): CEILING CAT IS WATCHIN' YOU BEIN' A WOLF. The LOLcat deity. Having seen his underlings being massacred last year, Ceiling Cat has taken mortal form to help protect the Meme survivors. He can scry one person every night. Note: His results will be given as “Meme/H4xx0rz”. Exact roles will not be given unless he scries Mac or PC.

Mudkipz (Masons): I hath heard thou liketh kips of the mud. Well, everyone lieks dem! Having been away from Memesville during the invasion, the mudkipz have now arrived in order to help defend their people from the H4xx0rz.

Epic Fail Guy (Fool): This guy fails hard. Incredibly hard. Nobody out there fails as hard as him. He actually thinks he's Ceiling Cat. He can also scry one person every night, but with random results.

Suiseiseki (Sniper): A living doll, brought to life by the famous doll maker, Rozen -DESU. The third doll of her kind -DESU. With her form of speech, she can drive anyone insane until that person dies -DESU. DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU.

Teh Neutrals:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mac and PC (Feuders): Enemies forever. One being the next new thing and the other dominating 90% of the Market, these outsiders have come to the Meme's territory and hid among them to fight out their last battle. They win if the other one is dead and they survive.

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Player|Status
    Aemoh|Taken down by Milhouse, Night 6. He was a Meme.
    Atreyu the Masked Llama|Killed, Night 5. He was a Meme.
    Banjo1985|Lynched day 6. He was a Meme.
    banthesun|Killed, Night 4. He was a Mudkip.
    bayar|Lynched, Day 4, he was a Meme.
    billtodamax|Killed, Night 12. He was Epic Fail Guy.
    Cyrano|Auto'd, day 4. Was a Meme.
    DarkComet|Lynched, Day 15. He was Anonymous.
    DD the Cookiemonster|Killed, Night 12. He was a Meme.
    Deathslayer7|Lynched, Day 10. He was a Meme.
    Duos|Auto-lynched, Day 11. He was a Meme.
    EnrgeticPenguin|Auto'd, Day 11. He was a Meme.
    Fin|Auto'd, Day 8. Was a Meme.
    Fleeing Coward|Killed, Night 9. He was a Mudkip.
    Freshmeat|Killed, Night 13. He was a Meme.
    Geesi|Alive
    gothicbob|Lynched, Day 8. He was a Meme.
    happyturtle|Killed, Night 15. She was a Meme.
    Helgraf|Lynched, Day 3, he was a Meme.
    Hell Puppi|Alive
    Heroic|Killed, Night 1. Was a Meme.
    Hyozo|Killed, Night 8. He was Ceilign Cat.
    Moofin Bard|Killed, Night 11. He was a Mudkip.
    Kyouhen|Lynched, Day 5. He was a Meme.
    Lex-Kat|Killed, Day 13. She was a Meme.
    Mechafox|Lynched, Day 1. Was a Gentleman.
    MOD|Killed, Night 6. He was Suiseiseki.
    Mordokai|Killed by Suiseiseki, Night 4. He was a Mudkip.
    Murska|Killed by Suiseiseki, Night 1. Was a Meme.
    Mustiado|Killed by Suiseiseki, Night 5. He was a Meme.
    Night Surgeon|Lynched, Day 7. He was a Gentleman.
    Oddity|Killed by Suiseiseki, Night 6. He was Milhouse.
    Opeth_Freak|Killed, Night 10. He was a Mudkip.
    PhantomFox|Killed, Night 14. He was a Mudkip.
    PirateMonk|Auto'd, Day 13. He was a Meme.
    rakkoon|Alive
    Iamthesecretman|Auto'd, Day 7. He was PC.
    Reinholdt|Lynched, Day 16. He was Dracula.
    Rutskarn|Alive
    Selrahc|Lynched, Day 9. He was a Meme.
    Shadowcaller|Killed, Night 16. He was a Meme.
    smuchmuch|Lynched, Day 11. He was a Meme.
    The Bookworm|Lynched, Day 14. He was a Meme.
    The Fiery Tower|Alive
    Thufir|Killed, Night 2. Was a Meme.
    toasty|Auto'd. Day 6. He was a Meme.
    Uncle Festy|Alive
    Vibrant|Auto'd, Day 8. Was a Lady (Gentleman).
    Wolfbane|Killed, Night 7. He was Courage Wolf.
    Zar Peter|Lynched, Day 2. He was a Meme.[/table]
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2009-11-21 at 07:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Memesville II - Memes? In MY Structured? (Game Thread)

Lol, I didn't notice this thread before...

Anyway... sorry Mordokai, but...

*Opeth dances to the music*

"You know the rules, and so do I..."

Halloween Angry Clown William Wallace by Elder Tsofu. Idea inspired by Geesi. Thanks guys!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

My WW roles so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games overall: 19
    Mason: 3
    Something weird: 6
    Villager: 11
    Wolf Disguiser: 1

Games I won: Paranoia III, S.E.U. IV, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Werewolf Classic IX

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, *this* is the real thread? Right...

Banjo1985

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Opeth_Freak

Wait, has it been a hundred years already?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I most definetly do NOT point at Lex-Kat.
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-08-24 at 02:42 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"GAH!"

*is thrown by asplosion*

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #7
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    Wait, has it been a hundred years already?
    At least since last year.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at DD the Cookiemonster*

Day 1 random and all that.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

9. - Top - End - #9

Random point at DD the Cookiemonster since I think he's a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ninjas get pointed at, Aemoh.
    Last edited by Hell Puppi; 2009-08-24 at 03:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Duos points at Mechafox FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    If you're reading this, I shake my finger at you for being so suspicious, and smite you with THE GAME, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    He then goes and eats a sammich. FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Yar, I be givin' a random first day point to... wait, what's this? Great justice?

HOW ARE YOU DUOS.
    YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

What, you some sort of pirate, Hell Puppi?
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

13. - Top - End - #13

Random point at Shadowcaller is random.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll point at Opeth for stealing what I was going to do.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Wolfbane, for being the person above me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #16

We can haz lynch Lex-kat?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, you can haz lynch. But not here, not now, and most certainly not me.

I'm the Cake. The cake is good and most certainly not a lie.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

But what if the cake is made of asbestos, glass shards and the tears of the innocent?

What then?!
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Geesi View Post
    But what if the cake is made of asbestos, glass shards and the tears of the innocent?

What then?!
    Mmm, innocence.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geesi View Post

What then?!
    But... the cake is good.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Duos points at Mechafox FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    If you're reading this, I shake my finger at you for being so suspicious, and smite you with THE GAME, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    He then goes and eats a sammich. FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    Duos, Justice is dumb.
    Last edited by EnrgeticPenguin; 2009-08-26 at 08:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    "… dammit! I just lost the game, and it's all Duos' –"
    "DR. OCTOGONAPUS BLAAAAAARGH!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!1!"
    "fzzzzzzz…"
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Yo Mama so stupid, she randomly pointed day 1.
    At Geesi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    But... the cake is good.
    Was. Was good. Because I already ate it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

D'anna Biers teh random of teh rolling teh dice.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Was. Was good. Because I already ate it.
    I have cake! And not just any cake. Double-chocolate BIRTHDAY CAKE. With magic relighting candles, even.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

And in other news,

*Go, go, Gadget Random Integer Generator!*

Mustadio

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Mechafox I guess. Iz late. Moar later.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

phantomfox
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

It's peanut butter jelly time for Uncle Festy sez the pixelated dancing bannana.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-08-24 at 11:36 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-