New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Revising classes for fun and balance-ish (new Marshal, Swashbuckler, and mo

Huh... well, the EK is pretty good, but honestly it's class abilities are a little bland. Also, did you really need to remake the assassin? It was a good class as is, especially with the spellcasting, which this one misses...
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Revising classes for fun and balance-ish (new Marshal, Swashbuckler, and mo

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Huh... well, the EK is pretty good, but honestly it's class abilities are a little bland. Also, did you really need to remake the assassin? It was a good class as is, especially with the spellcasting, which this one misses...
    Yeah, it was hard to come up with really good ones. I could have given some maneuvers instead, but didn't really want it too similar to the Jade Phoenix Mage. Suggestions definitely welcome.

As for assassin, it wasn't so much because the class was weak but rather that it felt kinda uninteresting to me. You only really took it to advance sneak attack mostly, and for Hide in Plain Sight. The poison stuff were nearly completely useless, and Death Attack wasn't that great either. I wanted to try a Shadow Hand variant of the assassin who also makes poisons more viable, and can't really have spellcasting when he's getting maneuvers as well. This one wasn't as much a fix as the others, more of a variant really.
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court