BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 25: Ascension of House Satoshi

Satoshi sits back down.

"I apologize for that, Hideki. Not sure what was going on, precisely."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke walks over. Shinken has the view that people should at least act happy at a party.

Me? I don't mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maeda's sitting at a table sipping hot tea. Not alchohol, he doesn't like it. Or he thinks he doesn't like it, he hasn't tried any.

Tche, even the commander general...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

In spite of my edit.

Onmyoji is manifested. He is a man in traditional japanese cerimonial robes, with a that tall hat and stuff.

"It is extremely poor form to impose your views upon others of social interaction in such a crude manner, be it in an ambient of nobility or not."

"But what could one expect from a zanpakutou of her kind anyway."

Hideki appears to be looking to the other side of the entire thing, also drinking some tea.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu walks over to Captains Siegfred and Kiljaeran, moving to assist the former in assisting the latter. "You'd probably have an easier time finding someone from the 4th Squad, Captain Siegfred. Most of the Ryders are over there," Mesuinu tilts her head toward the Ryders, "I tend to have trouble picking one out from among them, though. Such as Acting Captain Xavier."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi resolves to ignore this little growing tiff.

"Hideki, I was wondering. Is there perhaps some sort of official procedure to request kido creation? I know your Corps deals with such research. I don't have any immediate specifics, but I do have one or two ideas."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Hideki looks up.

"Not really. Just give the idea to someone with the proper knowledge and they might create it out of interest."

"I myself have developed numerous kidő for my personal use."

Some rather nasty.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently working on a combination of Kido and Kenjutsu.

He's trying to figure out what to call it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Siegfried takes the less-than-subtle hint.

"Oh! That's right, 4th Division has ways of handling this, don't they? Don't usually get drunk 'nough to need 'em. I'll just let you help him somewhere quiet, then."

He wanders off toward Xavier.

"Acting Captain Xavier, do you have any treatment for drunkenness on you? Kiljaeran-taicho needs some pretty badly."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Mesuinu walks over to Captains Siegfred and Kiljaeran, moving to assist the former in assisting the latter. "You'd probably have an easier time finding someone from the 4th Squad, Captain Siegfred. Most of the Ryders are over there," Mesuinu tilts her head toward the Ryders, "I tend to have trouble picking one out from among them, though. Such as Acting Captain Xavier."
    Kiljaeran gratefully put his other arm around Mesuinu's shoulders (he seemed to have far less fear of physical contact while drunk), letting her bear some of the burden. Now having balances on both sides, he resumed his journey to the door with much more success.

"Thanks, botha you..."

He stumbled when Siegfried unexpectedly wandered off to seek the 4th Division's help, practically falling into Mesuinu's arms before regaining his balance.

"Sorry. This isn't write...Shudneva to be a burden to others..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-08-30 at 04:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Maeda facepalms. That is all.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu shakes her head, adjusting for the loss of a Captain with a bit of effort. She decides to have the pair of them wait for Captain Siegfred to return with help rather than wander off. "Nonsense. If Captains were expected to do everything unsupported, there would only ever be thirteen shinigami."

13. - Top - End - #133

Kenji appears, as is his custom, at Satoshi's right hand. Not shunpo. Just a certain skill for not being noticed until he so desires. "Congratulations, Satoshi-taichou," He said, smiling wide. Despite all of the varying degrees of inebriation going around, Kenji of course hasn't had a drop. It's just not his style. "I am so happy for you both. After everything that you've suffered, it's only right that your road lead to happiness as well, and more the happiness for it. The universe owes you." Kenji winked in his captain's direction. "On a related side-note, I have an old bet that I ought to cash in on now..." He smiled teasingly.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu shakes her head, adjusting for the loss of a Captain with a bit of effort. She decides to have the pair of them wait for Captain Siegfred to return with help rather than wander off. "Nonsense. If Captains were expected to do everything unsupported, there would only ever be thirteen shinigami."
    Kiljaeran laughed hollowly, apparently finding something darkly amusing in Mesuinu's rebuttal. He moved his head in what appeared to be an attempt to nod and shake it at the same time.

"V'ry true, but 'ts the wrong sortasupport...so many souls to shield...never enough people...shshsshould be out there helping them, not in here..."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu shifts to adjust her grip, as it's likely Captain Kiljaeran's bobbleheading has thrown his balance without his realizing it. "This is a traditional ceremony, although somewhat unconventional in execution. Not an unexpected thing, given our host. Such traditions are part of Soul Society for a reason, even if it isn't apparent. Captain Satoshi recently learned that lesson the hard way."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sashoti dsn't care about tradishion. If'twere up to him he'd have gone rite back to work 'stead of being here...just wants the power, not the stuff that goes with it..."

It wasn't clear from Kiljaeran's words whether he agreed with Satoshi's position or not. In any case, talking like this seemed to be helping to make him a bit more lucid.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, since breaking tradition cost the lives of a dozen shinigami, two of which were from his own squad, I think he's gained a greater respect for it recently." Mesuinu glances over her shoulder. "Shall we get you a chair while we wait, Captain?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Firbolg in the Playground

It should be noted that only one Ryder is, or ever has been in 4th division, and that is Xavier. Everyone else has been in 2nd, or, failing that, the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Siegfried takes the less-than-subtle hint.

"Oh! That's right, 4th Division has ways of handling this, don't they? Don't usually get drunk 'nough to need 'em. I'll just let you help him somewhere quiet, then."

He wanders off toward Xavier.

"Acting Captain Xavier, do you have any treatment for drunkenness on you? Kiljaeran-taicho needs some pretty badly."
    Xavier nods, pulling out some leeches. Two of them. Down his throat. He says, holding them out to Siegfried.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, since breaking tradition cost the lives of a dozen shinigami, two of which were from his own squad, I think he's gained a greater respect for it recently." Mesuinu glances over her shoulder. "Shall we get you a chair while we wait, Captain?"
    Kiljaeran nodded weakly and (with Mesuinu's help) staggered to a nearby seat. He sank into it with a grateful sigh, releasing the other Shinigami's shoulder as he did.

"No, still dsn't see. Thinks you should f'low your heart and forget the rules...trouble is, eveone's heart says summin dirrifent...once they start copying him, then he'll see..."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu pulls up a seat, her curiousity piqued. "If you don't mind my asking, who's going to copy him?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah..Talk to you later Hideki. Have some...questions." Tai says blandly, noting with some degree of hidden alarm the amount of interest that various people were taking in helping out the drunken Kiljaeran. As such she walks away without so much as excusing herself, a grin plastered on her face as she throws an arm over his shoulder.

"There you are Kiljaeran! I've been looking for you since I got back. We still have...business to discuss." She drawls out, pausing for a moment to give a bawdy wink to Mesuinu. Or maybe it was just a blink, considering Tai had only the one eye. "Be a team player, go fetch me some apples girl."

She says offhand, taking a seat beside Kiljaeran once more and throwing an arm over his shoulder in a familiar fashion. Even if the other Kotetsu, not that the name rang any particular bells in Tai's head about who she might be related too, didn't fetch the requested fruit, the captain meanders among the laid out food for what she needed and returned with several hard boiled eggs, a stick of celery, two pieces of bread, and a plum.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu pulls up a seat, her curiousity piqued. "If you don't mind my asking, who's going to copy him?"
    Kiljaeran looked directly into Mesuinu's eyes, suddenly more focused than before. His words temporarily lost their slur and he concentrated heavily on keeping the sentences clear. This was clearly a serious matter in his estimation.

"Everyone. Wannabees, students, bright-eyed loons...Man inspires people, but they don't see him when they follow...see a dark knight, swooping in with his own justice...makes 'em think it's okay to go rogue so long as they do what's 'right'. A man who the powers said shoulda died was saved 'cause it was 'right'...'ventually, someone'll start lynching the ones they think're guilty...and that'll be 'right' too..."

When Tai arrived, his consciousness seemed to have slipped again. He regarded her blearily, having trouble even recognising her.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu stares at Tai. "I am not a girl, and my squad assignment is the 3rd."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

"..." Tai pauses in the middle of breaking up the celery stick when the 3rd Division member speaks up, turning a baleful eye on her. "That's weird. I could have sworn I said get me an apple. Not mouth off and list your division."

To say the tone was mildly belligerent and growly was a bit of an understatement and the watery gray eye continues to stare for a long moment before Tai turns to Kiljearan with a smirk.

"You over-estimate the wanna-bes. They don't have the clout or protection he does, they'll be put down like mad dogs if they try the same. Trust me." Maybe she meant she'd do it herself. It seems like something Tai would do, but by then she was already pouring a glass of sake once more...and pushing it towards Mesuinu. "Here. Lighten up girlie."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiljaeran's tone was almost as hostile as Tai's, and he regarded her with a belligerent look.

"D'nt underestimalate mad dogs...And leaver alone too. She's bin far more usean you so far..."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu will take the glass, examining the contents carefully. "If they're naive enough to try to use Captain Satoshi's cavalier methods to justify immoral behavior, then they're naive enough to think they can get away with it."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Tai snickers at Kiljaeran's and Mesuinu's words, brushing off any hostility in Kiljaeran's tone. "Heh, I don't underestimate'em. I think their good for pointing out the problems people are having. I also think their naive enough to let someone else get the first punch in. Idiots."

The glass held clear sake, it actually might have seemed to be water if it didn't have the right smell to it. The captain's uproarious laughter though can be easily heard. "'usean'? What the 'ell does that mean? Bad enough your talking like a drunk, don't go making up words too."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

"Clearly he was slurrying the words 'use than' together." Italicized text has a slightly condescending tone to it. Mesuinu has yet to take so much as a sip of the sake she's holding.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

"Doubt it then. Otherwise you'd be wearing the haori, not me. Or maybe noble birth counts for less then it used to." Tai replies back with a shrug, either ignoring the sarcasm or letting it pass for now as she fills her own glass and holds it out as if to clink it against Meisuinu's glass, raising her eyebrow expectantly.

"Are you just going to let me hang here? I want to wet my own throat 3rd Divisioner, so hurry up and toast with me. For House Satoshi and wonderful captains like Kiljaeran here. Course, if you don't drink with me I guess I could get him too."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Siegfried takes the slugs without hesitation. Being a bit tipsy has its advantages.

"Ugh; all slimy. All right, thank you, Xavier-san."

With that, he returns to the drunken Captain, the drunkard Captain, and the noble who has not yet drank. He presents the slugs.

"Xavier says these are to go down Kiljaeran-taicho's throat," he says to Mesuinu, offering the slugs for her to administer.

He then regards Captain Tai.
    "I'll drink, if she won't. Kiljaeran-taicho has had far more than enough."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2009-08-30 at 06:29 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show